How do you change OWA to another server?

OWA is working on the exchange server through the website on the Exchange
server.  First, is it a good thing to have the Web Server for OWA on a
different server from the Exchange server?  And if so, how do you change
it...? charlie

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:20:38 -0500, "charles kuchar"
<charliekuchar@news.postalias> wrote:

>OWA is working on the exchange server through the website on the Exchange
>server.  First, is it a good thing to have the Web Server for OWA on a
>different server from the Exchange server?  And if so, how do you change
>it...? charlie

What version?
5.5 Install OWA
E200x: Install Exchange as a Front End Server. .

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/febetop.mspx

0
adavid (8731)
7/20/2005 9:06:13 PM
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for posting here. And thanks Andy for great experience. Let me
answer your question as below.

As you did not mention the version of your Exchange server, I would provide
the information for both Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000/2003.

Exchange Server 5.5
==========
If you are running Exchange 5.5, you can follow the instructions in the
article below to install Exchange 5.5 OWA component.

XWEB: How to Install OWA and IIS on a Stand-Alone Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234805/en-us

Exchange Server 2000/2003
===========
Unlike Exchange Server 2000/2003, in Exchange 5.5, the OWA component is a
build-in component that cannot be installed separately. That is, after you
install an Exchange server, OWA of this Exchange server is already
installed and ready to provide service.

Also, I would let you know that, to obtain the function of a standalone OWA
server in Exchange 5.5, in Exchange 2000/2003, you can configure your
Exchange servers in the front-end and back-end server topology. Actually,
it is recommended for multiple-server organizations that use Outlook Web
Access (HTTP), POP, or IMAP and for organizations that want to provide RPC
over HTTP, HTTP, POP, or IMAP access to their employees over the Internet.
In addition, front end server has other advantages, such as Single
namespace, Offloads SSL encryption and decryption, Security and so on. For
more information, please refer to the following white paper.

Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange 2000 Server Front-End and Back-End
Topology
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/febetop.m
spx

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need
anything else.

Lee Li

Microsoft Online Partner Support

v-leeli (179)

External data link change

OWA: how to login without entering domain?
Hi, we have recently update from OWA 5.5 and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and OWA, before migration, we can log in to OWA 5.5 using user - password, with default domain configured in exchange 5.5 IIS. now in Exchange 2003, with the default domain option configured, we cannot log in and we have to use domain\user - password what can we do? the configuration is similar, thanks and regards First article in http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=global&query=owa+default+domain&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=...

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Reply/Reply to All buttons missing in OWA
In Outlook Web Access, when I click the Reply or Reply to All button, it takes me directly to my Inbox and closed my mail message. It does not even give me the opportunity to enter my reply and does not send the message. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this and what the fix would be? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Christine OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook, so for best results, try posting in microsoft.public.exchange.admin - and mention your version & SP level of Exchange, and your browser version/SP level as well....also...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Configuring OWA web forms for Inboxes ?
I have been digging around over the last day or two to try and find out how to register custom web forms for use in the Outlook Web Access interface - either through Exchange Explorer or programatically. After a bit of a struggle I managed to get the Microsoft example to work from the Exchange SDK (registering a custom form to the open event of a public folder in Exchange), but have not managed to do the same for a user's inbox. Here's some of the code I have tried... the Outlook Web Access client it taking absolutely no notice of it... any ideas? install MsgBox "Done" ...

OWA over proxy
Exchange machine uses local address. OWA is doing fine localy. But if i wanted to make OWA available outside my company i had to do something. I used apache server as proxy and in it i redirect all requests to internal exchange address. Problem is tha users cannot login. I get response from exchange but only logins make my life living hell. Can somebody help me? regards, dalibor ...

HELP!
When I access OWA and do any navigation other than the Inbox, I can almost always expect my Exchange 5.5 server to crash (with an unexpected restart in the Event Log). I'm on NT4.0 with SP6a and all the latest MS upgrades. Exchange 5.5 is up to date with all service packs. I access the Exchange server by port redirection on my DSL Router/Hub. All Inbox activity seem to work fine (i.e. look at emails, delete emails and create/send emails). It's when I go to places like the Deleted folder or the Contacts folder that server crash will take place. The server can run indefinately ...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ?
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? Rgrds, Zul If it was me do the OS first. "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:%23AeXnXErFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS > patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? > ...

Change a formula to an acual number

How do I remove an Exchange 2000 server?
I have built a new Exchange 2000 standard server to replace an existing one. within a few days I'm going to be ready to get rid of the original server as all the users and public folders will have been moved over. How do I gracefully uninstall the origianl Exchange server so that AD, the new Exchange server, etc. are all happy and working well? I can't find a TechNet article on this topic so any information would be very welcome. -- Bettie http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:59:01 -0700, "Bettie Claxton" <Betti...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.
Dear All, apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what 'search terms' to put in google to return any results.. I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet) to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet), tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move location, just the data within them.. Is it possible? Regards Paul. On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12; Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this shoul...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

icon changes with change of extension