How do I set up Server Rule to move Emails to a an Exchange 2007 public Folder?

Dear Exchange people,

We are using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007.  I have
emails that come in every day that need to be moved to an Exchange
public folder based on words in the emails subject.  I set up a rule
in Outlook 2003 to move it to the public folder automatically and it
usually works when Outlook is open, but I need it to just run on the
server and not require Outlook to be open to run it.  Would anyone be
so kind and friendly as to share with me an example of how to get it
to work on the server and not require the Outlook client to process
it?

Thanks in Advance!
Shawn
0
Shawn

Server-side rules won't work with public folders.  The reason that has been
stated is because of authentication.  You'd have to write or buy an event
script.  You might get more of what you want out of the box with Exchange
2007 and transport rules, but I haven't checked out the details to see if
your exact requirement could be fulfilled.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Shawn" <sales@competitiveedgeproducts.com> wrote in message
> Dear Exchange people,
>
> We are using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007.  I have
> emails that come in every day that need to be moved to an Exchange
> public folder based on words in the emails subject.  I set up a rule
> in Outlook 2003 to move it to the public folder automatically and it
> usually works when Outlook is open, but I need it to just run on the
> server and not require Outlook to be open to run it.  Would anyone be
> so kind and friendly as to share with me an example of how to get it
> to work on the server and not require the Outlook client to process
> it?
>
> Thanks in Advance!
> Shawn

0
Ed
11/14/2009 7:54:07 PM
On Nov 14, 12:54=A0pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Server-side rules won't work with public folders. =A0The reason that has =
been
> stated is because of authentication. =A0You'd have to write or buy an eve=
nt
> script. =A0You might get more of what you want out of the box with Exchan=
ge
> 2007 and transport rules, but I haven't checked out the details to see if
> your exact requirement could be fulfilled.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Shawn" <sa...@competitiveedgeproducts.com> wrote in message

> > Dear Exchange people,
>
> > We are using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. =A0I have
> > emails that come in every day that need to be moved to an Exchange
> > public folder based on words in the emails subject. =A0I set up a rule
> > in Outlook 2003 to move it to the public folder automatically and it
> > usually works when Outlook is open, but I need it to just run on the
> > server and not require Outlook to be open to run it. =A0Would anyone be
> > so kind and friendly as to share with me an example of how to get it
> > to work on the server and not require the Outlook client to process
> > it?
>
> > Thanks in Advance!
> > Shawn- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Ed,

I have been playing with the transport rules, but can't seem to figure
out a solution there.  Do you know where I can find an event script
that does it?

Thanks,
Shawn
0
Shawn
11/16/2009 1:46:08 PM
Sorry, I don't.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

On Nov 14, 12:54 pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Server-side rules won't work with public folders. The reason that has been
> stated is because of authentication. You'd have to write or buy an event
> script. You might get more of what you want out of the box with Exchange
> 2007 and transport rules, but I haven't checked out the details to see if
> your exact requirement could be fulfilled.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Shawn" <sa...@competitiveedgeproducts.com> wrote in message

> > Dear Exchange people,
>
> > We are using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. I have
> > emails that come in every day that need to be moved to an Exchange
> > public folder based on words in the emails subject. I set up a rule
> > in Outlook 2003 to move it to the public folder automatically and it
> > usually works when Outlook is open, but I need it to just run on the
> > server and not require Outlook to be open to run it. Would anyone be
> > so kind and friendly as to share with me an example of how to get it
> > to work on the server and not require the Outlook client to process
> > it?
>
> > Thanks in Advance!
> > Shawn- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Ed,

I have been playing with the transport rules, but can't seem to figure
out a solution there.  Do you know where I can find an event script
that does it?

Thanks,
Shawn

0
Ed

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

outlook 2007 runs slow

Moving Transaction Logs to another Drive
Hi, I have a few questions regarding moving transaction logs... 1. When you move the transaction log location, should you also move the system path location to the same place? 2. What file(s) does the System Path location include? 3. When either or both of these are moved, does the database have to be dismounted? If so, how long does this operation generally take? Thanks. On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:47:41 GMT, "exx" <exx@telus.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a few questions regarding moving transaction logs... > >1. When you move the transaction log location, sho...

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

Moving 5.5 server from one domain to another
Ex 5.5, sp4 on Win2000 sp4, Mcafee VScan8, Veritas 8.6 currently in NT4 domain. Have exactly the same config in another office except this Ex 5.5 server is the bridge end. Have gone through the process of changing service accounts and that is working fine and machine is using the new service accounts to run the services, (ie using the new service account in the Windows 2003 domain), when I drop out of "abc" domain and into "xyz" domain machine comes up fine, all services start but after about 60 secs the information store stops, if I try to start it manually I get er...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Outlook 2003

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

Create pre-set margins & page no's.
How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that most Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened? (I am tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!) Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never done this sort of thing before.) Create a template with the desired options specified. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Changing Posting Settings
I just wanted to double check that if I am currently Posting TO General Ledger in the Purchasing Series, if I change that to Post THROUGH General Ledger will this have any ill effects. I would make sure everyone is off the system, however if there are batches in the GL that were generated by the AP subledger is this ok and would it then post through the general ledger for any new transactions posted once I change this option? You are fine. Manual post any GL batches. You can do this before or after you change the option. "VDebattista" wrote: > I just wanted to double che...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

New Check report security settings
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I want to duplicate the report "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical". I have tried to use the duplicate button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security settings. How can I make the duplicated report available to select users? -- fiberfan I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by choosing the report and pressing "insert". You give security to the modified version once you've modifie...

Exporting-importing email accout (.iaf) doesn't work
Hi, i have an .iaf file that i get exporting my email account at work. Now i have imported that file at home, but when i click on "Send and recieve" i get this message: [quote title=3DQuote:] Fall=F3 la conexi=F3n con el servidor. Cuenta: 'pop3.xxx.es', Servidor: 'pop3.xxx.es', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de socket: 10060, N=FAmero de error: 0x800CCC0E[/quote] I'm using OL Express 6 in both computers (Windows XP). Any idea? Bye Javi Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no addit...

Trail Version of Exchange
Hello I have installed and i am test the trail verion of Exchange (180 days) How do i check how many days i have left, as i cannot remember when i installed this Thanks Andy One way to do this would be to fire up ADSIEdit and find out when the Exchange Server object was created in your Exchange Org in the Configuration naming context. Perhaps there are other ways as well, including app. event log... -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Andrew" <not@home.com> ...