How do I make a second server known to the front end server

I've set up a second exchange server in hopes of moving
some of the mailboxes to this second server until we get a
new server in that can hold all of our mailboxes.  I'm
able to access my mailbox using Outlook but cannot access
it using OWA.  I'm thinking my front end server doesn't
see this second server.
0
anonymous (74722)

"julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've set up a second exchange server in hopes of moving
>some of the mailboxes to this second server until we get a
>new server in that can hold all of our mailboxes.  I'm
>able to access my mailbox using Outlook but cannot access
>it using OWA.  I'm thinking my front end server doesn't
>see this second server.

You do need to give it a while for the information to replicate,
although it should be in line with Outlooks ability to be informed of
a move.
You don't actually need to do anything with the servers to make an FE
be seen by an additional BE.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)

Make Default

Query Server for all Email address
Hi all, Is there away to query my Exchnage server 2003 to list all email address. Thanks On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 06:25:02 -0800, Sam NetAdmin <SamNetAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, >Is there away to query my Exchnage server 2003 to list all email address. > >Thanks ldifde http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q237677/ adfind ( you can google that) and others... "Sam NetAdmin" <SamNetAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:706D04B2-196E-4C00-B9AE-C6157C69122A@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > Is there away to query my Exchnage...

E2k3 Server and event ID 7004
My exchange 2003 server is logging numerous 7004 events, like this one: This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #1367. The remote host "198.238.203.20", responded to the SMTP command "xexch50" with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent was "XEXCH50 1836 2 ". This will probably cause the connection to fail. The articles I've found suggest this occurs between servers in the same org. I have a FE / BE config with OWA, but the IP listed in the error is an external (some other domain / org over ...

Project Server 2003 and IE8
Hi, we are running Project Server 2003 SP1 with IE6 and are planning to update to Internet Explorer 8. Is this scenario supported? Which IE settings do we have to configure? Is there an officical statement from Microsoft? Thanks, Adrian -- Adrian Miller ...

Problems connecting to POP3 server
Hello I am using Outlook XP to access my POP3 email account. It has been working fine for about 2 years but all of a sudden, I'm getting error messages saying that it can't access the server. I know that the service is working fine because I can use a web-based service to connect to it. I haven't installed anything new on my machine and my web connection hasn't changed. Any idea? TIA Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's something to do with recent updates to my AV software. Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's somethi...

making a transfer show up in the budget

server side rule
I have a server side rule which looks like this: Apply this rule after message arrives have server reply using SUBJECT OF MAIL I got a warning that the rule will be applied to all incoming messages which i answered ok on. However i cant get it to work? Anyone have any ideas? Ask your Exchange administrator if automatic replies are disabled. = Usually they are.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Deve...

How do I create a second "y" axis on the right?
Derrick, Create a simple line chart as an example with the following data: Ser1 Ser2 a 1 4 b 2 3 c 3 4 In the clart plot area, double-click on the series called "Ser2". It should be the higher line of the two series. In the Format Data Series dialog box, go to the Axis tab. Choose the option "Plot series on: Secondary axis". ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Derrick" wrote: > This works great in Excel 1997-03, but how do you do this in Excel 2007? Lost_in_Houston "John Mansfield" wrote: > Derrick, > > ...

Programmatically Creating DSN for SQL Server with VC++
Hi I am struck will creating a DSN for SQL Server with VC++, It would be helpfully if u get can solve my problem This is what i have done /*********************************************/ strcpy (attrstring,"DSN=prg|SERVER=client45|ADDRESS=client45|NETWO RK=DBMSSOCN|DATABASE=SMSSERVER|Trusted_Connection=NO||"); for(int i=0;attrstring[i]!='\0';i++); for(int j=0;j<i;j++) { if(attrstring[j]=='|') attrstring[j]='\0'; } BOOL BDSn = SQLConfigDataSource (NULL,ODBC_ADD_DSN, "SQL Server", attrstring); /******************************************...

making tickets

How to register CRM Workgroup server 4.0
Hellow, i have a problem with a CRM Workgroup server 4.0 on a Registration Assistant. Fill all the form data but when I give the register button tells me I need an internet connection and not register, the server have connection to internet and everything is ok. I would appreciate some help. Thank's __________ Informaci�n de ESET Smart Security, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 5356 (20100810) __________ ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com On Aug 11, 4:34=A0pm, "microsoft" <jcasti...@sbsoftware.es> wrote: > Hellow, i have ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

5.5 eEnterprise
Per the docs Release 5.5 for Microsoft SQL supports only SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0. Copyright 1999, Great Plains Software, Inc. -- has anyone tried running it on SQl Server 2000??? What was your result??? Can it be done???? Thanks. Jen Hi Jen, Yes have tried running it. It will work, BUT only to a limited degree. You CANNOT perform AT A MINIMUM any of the following functions, as the application code makes use of MSSQL system stored procs and system level tables & views that are no longer available in SQL 2000. CREATE A COMPANY CREATE A USER ASSIGN ACCESS TO A COMPNAY FOR A USER CHANGE U...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

SQL SERVER 2005 Release a lot of memory
Hi guys, Our production db server is run on SQL SERVER 2005 64 bit on a 8 gb memory windows 2003 server. The SQL SERVER usually uses over 7 gb of memory. There's no max/min server memory set up (using default). Today from 2 pm to now, the memory usage of SQL SERVER is dropping gradually from over 7 gb to only 3.7 gb to this moment. I didn't see usage dropping and I never see SQL SERVER realease so much memory in 3 hours. And it's still keep dropping. I turned on perfmon and the counters look fine. I didn't do anything special except I turned on profiler. I won...

Converting minutes to seconds #3
The data will be persented as 4.11 I changed the first function to =MID(A5,1,2)*60 + MID(A5,3,2) This works great thanks :) :) :) :) :) : -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27641 ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

I receive all email links with a blocked in front of it. How can
All emails received if they contain links are always preceded by the word blocked. This is very bad especially when the link is in form of a pic file. I need help resolving this issue. Thanks "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BEAF174-E6D4-47FC-8AC2-914DC56804CE@microsoft.com... > All emails received if they contain links are always preceded by the word > blocked. This is very bad especially when the link is in form of a pic > file. > I need help resolving this issue. Thanks Sounds like that's some sort of third-pa...

How do you install terminal server?
I have an Exchange 2003 server which will need to run terminal services to allow 6 PCs to terminal server into it and run a program. I've never done this before, so I'm curious how to install on the clients. >-----Original Message----- >I have an Exchange 2003 server which will need to run >terminal services to allow 6 PCs to terminal server into >it and run a program. I've never done this before, so >I'm curious how to install on the clients. >. > On Win2003 click Start > Manage your Server > Add Role > Terminal Server > You may ne...