How do I allow users to change there password through OWA.

Our password change policy can cause users not to be able to logon to OWA.
What steps need to be take to allow password changes through OWA.

I have read KB article 297121 but I was hoping for a quick 1.2.3,
explanation too.

Thanks, Mike
0
brillmike (46)

I could probably give you a quicker 1-2-3 explanation, but it would only be
quicker for you.  It would take me a very long time.  Sorry.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Our password change policy can cause users not to be able to logon to OWA.
> What steps need to be take to allow password changes through OWA.
>
> I have read KB article 297121 but I was hoping for a quick 1.2.3,
> explanation too.
>
> Thanks, Mike

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Users in GP 9 & SQL Server 2005
Hi I have a problem regarding creating users in GP 9 SP2 and SQL Server 2005 SP2. I create a user on the server and give it access to companies, when I try to log in using this user id in a workstation (windows XP SP2, GP 9 sp2) it doesn't work, and gives me this error: "This login failed. Attempt top log in again or contact your system administrator." I tried different things regarding the ODBC settings like using server name and IP address, and using SQL Native Client, but nothing worked. If I create a user on a workstation and used it to log in it works sometimes. It’s...

Changing the domain where CRM is located
Hi, I'm installing a new domain controller on my network and I'm also changing the name of the domain. CRM 3.0 is located on its own box (SQL is stored on the same box), will the CRM 3.0 Redeployment Tool do everything I need to move CRM to the new domain? CRM will remain on the same box, I just need to connect the box to the new domain. Thanks in advanced. Regards, Cam The redeployment tool should work for this. You will need to run the export from the current system while it is still functioning. Then, follow the steps to "install" it on the servers after the...

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

How do I stop Excel from changing numbers into a date?
I would like to type in 1-3 but it keeps getting turned into 3-Jan. I have turned off every option in excel that I can find but it still keeps happening. Pre-format the cells as text or pre-fix entry with a single apostrophe. (It will not show but will stop the conversion) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Buckwildbill" <Buckwildbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:667DC192-D3F7-4FAD-934E-3F49146D66A7@microsoft.com... >I would like to type in 1-3 but it keeps getting turned into 3-Ja...

How can I create a folder under user's Inbox for all domain users
Dear all, Is there any approach to create a folder under Outlook 2k's Inbox for all my domain users in Exchange server-end (Exchange 2k3)? or any tools/scripts to do this? And how can I set a Server-end rules for all the uses to deliver some specific email to this folder? Thans for your inputs. Redd ...

Insert Blank Row with data match change
I'm trying to figure out a way to evenly space data. Where I don't have a repeat value in the row directly below the current one I want to insert a blank row. Some of my data series looks like this. Column A Column B Part Number Description (Cell A2): AC011000 (Cell B2) FUEL TANK, CARTRIDGE ADAPTOR (Cell A3: AC011000 (Cell B3) FUEL TANK, CARTRIDGE ADAPTOR BLANK ROW (Cell A5) AC011001 (Cell B5) XX55 Assy, Li-80 Adaptor BLANK ROW AC051000 KIT, XX25 MANUALS AC051000 KIT, XX25 MANUALS BLANK ROW I want a blank row to be i...

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

changing scales
How do I change the range of one item in a chart that has several items? The X axis is time and the Y axis has several items. I want to change the range of just one of the Y axis items. Thanks for your time, Bryan Attach the "item" ("series") to a secondary Y-axis. To do this: Click once on that series and choose Format>Series | Axis. Then choose "secondary." Format the new axis with any scaling you prefer, keep it visible (on the right), or format it for no labels or tickmarks if you want it IN- visible. HtH >-----Original Message----- >How ...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

Mapping disabled users in Import Organization
Hello, I am using the Import Organization tool to move a CRM 4.0 deployment to new servers in the same AD domain. I have several disabled CRM users who do not automatically map in the tool because their AD accounts have been deleted. Must I re-create these users in AD in order to map them in the Import Organization tool or is there another way to proceed? I had the same problem when creating a sandbox environment of my live CRM. All Deleted AD users need to be recreated, they can be disabled accounts but they still need to be in the AD. Once you have created the users, you be able to i...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

Changing/Amending Default Calendar views in Service Calendar
Hi does anybody know if you can amend or change the default view within the service calendar, currently they are set to Month Week or Day. What i would like is to change it so that we can view a working week 5 days, with a click of a button rather than choosing the five day period with the from and to buttons. Really hope you can help!! ...

adding user submitted items to a list
hello all, any help with this would be greatly appreciated... there's a cell were a user is asked to input data, and a command butto marked 'submit'. There is also a list. When the button is clicked for the first time I require the underlyin macro to place the inputted data into the 1st position in the list (n problem so far). However when the button is clicked for the 2nd time require the macro to place that data in the 2nd position... ie eac time the button is pressed the list grows. how do I write the macro to ensure the data is inputted one row dow from the last inputted p...

How do I change part of a font color?
For example, How can I have 'i" printed in black, while the dot on top of the "i" is printed in red? How can I have a word shaded in progressively dark shades? Hi, LV - Not for lengthy blocks of text-- The only way I know how to dot the i in a different color (in Publisher) is to zoom in and draw a dot, fill with the desired color and paste it strategically over the i's. Try WordArt with gradient fills? (If you don't have a high-powered illustration program, experiment with text treatments in other photo or art programs that came bundled with digital c...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

"Iv Bo" <nospam@server.net> wrote in message news:... If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com >> "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message >> news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >>> Hello All - >>> >>> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >>> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >>> there an ...

changing pictures on homepage
Is there a simple way to add in changing or rotating pictures (photos) on the homepage or other page? I don't mind using the Web 2.0 tools if there is nothing available from this program. Same answer as below...use the insert html code fragment tool to insert code into the page. You can google for javascript slide shows, or some such to find lots of different ways of doing this. You can also insert Flash into the pages. DavidF "ardelle" <ardelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A29853B-818B-43C4-A191-0E76EB947AB9@microsoft.com... > Is there a s...

OWA stopped rendering body of messages
Today messages from one of my backend servers (two backend and one front end environment) stopped rendering the body of messages. The subject showed, just not the body. Could also not forward or reply. Exchange 2003. I tried restarting IIS, but didnt fix the problem. I had a event that said no domain controllers could be contacted, but i did a dcdiag to those DCs and everything checked fine. Also had an event that said pop3svr couldnt find SMTP..could be a DNS issue. I checked the DNS and everything looked fine. Full blown outlook was still working fine. I eventually rebooted, and it fixed the...

Logon User Icon ??
Esp when I emerge from Hibernation, on 2 computers, I go thru a screen where I must click an icon for my user name before I am actually on. On my other pc, and on my wife's pc, we do not get that very annoying screen. How can I eliminate that user-selection screen?? There is just me; no other users. chuck -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Esp when I emerge from Hibernation, on 2 computers, > I go thru a screen where I must click an icon for > my user name before I am actually on. > > On my other pc, and on my wife's pc, we do not get that ...

what does whitespace not allowed in this location mean and how do.
i am importing data in csv to excel but it says 'file not loaded- whitespace not allowed in this location' what does that mean? and how do i cahnge it? ...

Allowing pictures to download in Outlook 2002
My boss is using Outlook 2002 and I can't find this setting: Pictures don't download in his emails In 2003 it's under Tools - Options - Security - Change Automatic Download settings. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

How do I change the default paste settings in Word 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi there - <br><br>I need to paste everything as unformatted text. Is incredibly time consuming to select Paste Special and then select unformatted text. Can someone help explain how I can change it to a keyboard command or something that makes it more efficient for me to paste unformatted text? <br><br>Thanks! Unfortunately there is no available setting for doing so. The only option is an Apple Script for the purpose but I'm afraid I haven't held on to a copy of it. You may be able to dig it out...

Ask a user to select a range in Excel
Hi, All: Can anyone tell me how to write a macro that asks a user to select a range in excel? then I would like to use values in the selectionfor other calculation later on. Thanks Ming, Try something like the following: Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select a range", Type:=8) If Rng Is Nothing Then MsgBox "no range selected" Else MsgBox "You selected: " & Rng.Address End If -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com ...

Changing from upper case
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet (1000+ lines) which has a lot of upper cases. How can I change the text to sentence case? I tried looking at the PROPER function, but it doesn't seem to do what I want. Thanks in advance, Cecile. Hi Cecile, Try: Sub Tester() Dim rng As Range Dim rCell As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange For Each rCell In rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2) With rCell .Value = Application.Proper(.Value) End With Next End Sub If you are unfamiliar with macros, see David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros ...