How can i move AD users from a domain to another?

Hi,

I have a windows 2000 domain in mixed mode. Also Exchange 2003 SP1.
I just created a windows subdomain on a windows 2003 server. When i create a
user in the subdomain it creates the exchange mailbox and works fine.

But i'd like to move some users from the windows domain to the windows
subdomain without creating the mailboxes again (first exporting them to PST
and importing them later over the new ones)

Is that possible?

thanks a lot

Alex
0
Alex4922 (316)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:19:01 -0700, "Alex"
<Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a windows 2000 domain in mixed mode. Also Exchange 2003 SP1.
>I just created a windows subdomain on a windows 2003 server. When i create a
>user in the subdomain it creates the exchange mailbox and works fine.
>
>But i'd like to move some users from the windows domain to the windows
>subdomain without creating the mailboxes again (first exporting them to PST
>and importing them later over the new ones)
>
>Is that possible?
>
>thanks a lot
>
>Alex

You can actually move users between domains with a little effort.
http://windows.about.com/library/tips/bltip705.htm
http://windows.about.com/library/weekly/aa010318j.htm

has the receiving domain already been prepped for Exchange? It will
need to be before doing any moves.

0
mark7219 (5666)
8/19/2004 10:00:05 AM
Thanks Mark...

Now i have a little problem with the movetree utility. It says that can not
make contection...

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:19:01 -0700, "Alex"
> <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a windows 2000 domain in mixed mode. Also Exchange 2003 SP1.
> >I just created a windows subdomain on a windows 2003 server. When i create a
> >user in the subdomain it creates the exchange mailbox and works fine.
> >
> >But i'd like to move some users from the windows domain to the windows
> >subdomain without creating the mailboxes again (first exporting them to PST
> >and importing them later over the new ones)
> >
> >Is that possible?
> >
> >thanks a lot
> >
> >Alex
>
> You can actually move users between domains with a little effort.
> http://windows.about.com/library/tips/bltip705.htm
> http://windows.about.com/library/weekly/aa010318j.htm
>
> has the receiving domain already been prepped for Exchange? It will
> need to be before doing any moves.

0
Alex4922 (316)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Changing domain names
When I first set up sbs2003 I used companyweb as my domain name. How do I change it to my xyz.com domain? Also if anyone knows of any helpful tutorials on this subject it would really help. Thanks in Advance Take a look at: 822447 How to Modify an SMTP E-Mail Address by Using Recipient Policies http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822447 You'll need to ensure that the new domain (xyz.com) has MX records pointing to your router (which should then point to the mail server) or directly to the mail server. You'll most likely need to modify the default recipient policy and change t...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Domain transfer Expert advice req
Currently mail for my domains are being hosted ...

Bulk attachments

Controlling how user posts a blog
Is it possible to control how items are posted on to a blog? The blog owner would like the readers to be able to respond to his posts but he doesn't want readers to create a new thread. thanks in advance ...

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Exchange Users have lost rights
ok all users have now lost the ability to delete or send emails all users use OWA only when they try to delete a email they get "Some items could not be deleted. They ware either moved, already deleted or access was denied" When some one tries to send a email they get "forbidin" When some one tries to move a folder or create a folder they get "Access denied" i dont knwo what i did or where to check at this point thanks Roger, check the mailbox server's event logs & available disk space. If you have front-end / back-end topology, try running OWA a...

Can (or how can) I do this

Drawings move during printing
I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.). When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How should I solve this problem? The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of objects on a A0 paper). It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in the following post by Dave Peterson may help: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com 00xPhoenix wrote: > I have crea...

How Do I Turn Off User Password Reset?
I have a user who is having to reset their password monthly. When I look at the User Setup in GP(8.0) there are no boxes checked under User Setup. Where else would I look to turn this feature off? This user accesses GP through our Terminal Server and is the only user who is having to change their password. Thanks for your assistance. There is nothing in GP 8.0 out of the box that will require a password change (until a service pack and SQL 2005). Are you possibly running a customization or 3rd party application like Omni Security? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "lk" <lk...

Can not archive