How can I discover who accessed Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2

I have an Exchange 5.5 server that has been accessed by someone with an
Outlook 2003 client.  This has caused OWA to stop working.

How can I discover which mailbox has been accessed by the Outlook 2003 client?

Regards
0
JamesBass (1)

When you look at the Logons information under the Private infomration store,
it should show the last time they were accessed, and should also display
which client accessed the mailbox.  Outlook 2003 should show a client
version of 11.0

Also, to be fair, this is a very well known issue, and the hotfix has been
available for a long time.  The KB article was published back in March of
this year.  Once you apply the hotfix, it shouldn't be an issue any longer.

Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"James Bass" <JamesBass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Exchange 5.5 server that has been accessed by someone with an
> Outlook 2003 client.  This has caused OWA to stop working.
>
> How can I discover which mailbox has been accessed by the Outlook 2003
> client?
>
> Regards

0
Ben

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Exchange Rate
Does anyone know how to use a formula on Excel to calculate exchang rates? Thanks, Mat -- matt.bowse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- matt.bowser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3592 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55713 =A1/A2 -- Gary's Student "matt.bowser" wrote: > > Does anyone know how to use a formula on Excel to calculate exchange > rates? > Thanks, > Matt > > > -- > matt.bowser > --------------------------------...

Can't send/receive

Blocking mouse clicks #2
In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor. I'm using Martyn's CPersistentCursor to hold this WaitCursor. http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/persistentwaitcursor.asp But for my surprise, a WaitCursor don't block the mouse clicks. How could I achieve this? What's wrong with BeginWaitCursor() and EndWaitCursor()? AliR. "Renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xWfY4pRFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor. > I'm using Martyn's CPersi...

Hyperlink value crashes Access
If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow hyperlink method, using a link value like http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time. However, if I instead just target the main web site http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash. Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes. The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available...

Exchange Interface
I need to interface to Exchange directly. I have a windows service that needs to interface to an object that can: - Connect to a dedicated user Exchange mailbox specifically setup for the service. - Retrieve a list of messages within that mailbox - Download an individual message - Remove an individual message - Disconnect from the Exchange mailbox - Do all of the above from a remote machine This must be done in .NET using native code. Does any know where to find documentation on an API into Exchange? Thanks bbutell@sasquatch-eng.com wrote: >I need to interface to Exchange direc...

timesheet entry error #2
When we enter timesheets, we get the error that the pay code does not exist for the employee in the rate table. I looked at the KB 874621 as well and everything checks out. We get our cost and billing from employee rate table. Surprisingly we are getting this error for the project for all the employees. Apart from making sure that the employee with his salary paycode (as he is a salary employee) is defined in the rate table, what else can I check? ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Microsoft Exchange Server #4
I need help. Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up with "Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server". It takes 1-2 minutes for the request to run out. If I cancel the request, I have to restart outlook and it just starts over again everytime I send an email. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring? Are you using an Exchange server? What version of Outlook? What SP = level is Offiice/Outlook? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Randy a...

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

97 vs 97 SR-2
What are the basic differences between Excel 97 and 97 SR-2? This MSKB article provides the storied history of Excel 97 patches and links to more detailed information about the changes made: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232652&Product=xlw -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Tim2" <Tim2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BFA00FD-9E36-4FEB-B558-EB781563A591@microsoft.com... | What are the basic differences between Excel 97 and 97 SR-2? ...

Outlook Today #43
How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? And where do I find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I first start Outlook) -- The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. ....Thomas Carlyle Steve <hgd@wsx.inv> wrote: > How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us > And where do I > find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I > first start Outlook) Click the root of your data store (the one with the "Outlook Today" icon of t...

Bulk attachments

HELP PLEASE with Outlook Message
WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: Contacting then server for information. It then runs the green bars kinda like it is completing something and goes away. My email seems to be working ok but this just started. It is slowing me down very much. Has anyone information on this? All comments are appreciated very much. Keith Is it only on reading messages or elsewhere also? "Keith" <keithgirdley@blomand.net> wrote in message news:JOWdnej4T-nnY7jUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@neonova.net... > WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen s...

Outlook Web Access & Sent Items
Hello all, Does anyone know if there is a way to have Outlook Web Access not automatically save a sent message in the sent items folder? We would like to be able to turn it off per user, or at least let them deselect it like they can in Outlook. Thanks in advance. In news:5C4CD94F-F424-4653-A79C-461F1D4C1681@microsoft.com, DHood <DHood@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello all, > > Does anyone know if there is a way to have Outlook Web Access not > automatically save a sent message in the sent items folder? We would > like to be able to turn it off per user, ...

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Upgrade to Exchange 2007
We are planning on moving to Exchange 2007 in the next few months. We have a new server for this, and it will only be a one exchange server enviroment. We want the new server to have the same computer name as the current Exchange server, for naming purpose we will call it MAIL on the forum. I have read about problems renaming an exchange server. I wanted to know if this has been made easier for 2007, and what the best practice for doing this is. We want the smoothest transition possible to the new server, eagerly waiting replies. On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:36:00 -0800, Synapse120 <...