How can I customize the Delivery Status Notification

I would like to customize the message sent when an SMTP message is delayed 
going through outbound SMTP.  Where would I change the default text of this 
message:

<MESSAGE>

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
 
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

       Blah@blah.com

<END>


0
Raymond1 (40)
8/22/2006 6:45:02 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
520 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 33

What version of Exchange?

Exchange Server 2007 makes customizable DSNs possible
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/E2k7Help/cc34fd2c-6af3-4034-b080-1f45f904226a.mspx
-- 
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog
----------------------------------------------


"Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A4F9355E-78EF-46DD-8507-B722ABF3AE14@microsoft.com...
>I would like to customize the message sent when an SMTP message is delayed
> going through outbound SMTP.  Where would I change the default text of 
> this
> message:
>
> <MESSAGE>
>
> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
>
> THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
>
> YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
>
> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
>
>       Blah@blah.com
>
> <END>
>
> 


0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
8/22/2006 7:04:09 PM
2003

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> What version of Exchange?
> 
> Exchange Server 2007 makes customizable DSNs possible
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/E2k7Help/cc34fd2c-6af3-4034-b080-1f45f904226a.mspx
> -- 
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> ----------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A4F9355E-78EF-46DD-8507-B722ABF3AE14@microsoft.com...
> >I would like to customize the message sent when an SMTP message is delayed
> > going through outbound SMTP.  Where would I change the default text of 
> > this
> > message:
> >
> > <MESSAGE>
> >
> > This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
> >
> > THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
> >
> > YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
> >
> > Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> >
> >       Blah@blah.com
> >
> > <END>
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Raymond1 (40)
8/22/2006 7:24:02 PM
modifying the DSN's in Exchange 2003 can't be done (to my knowledge), or at 
least not without copious, obscene amounts of money paid to MSCS.  You can 
modify the Mailbox Quota messages, but modify the DSN's can't be done until 
Exchange 2007.  I also blogged about the latter.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne
Read my blog!
http://winzenz.blogspot.com
http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)


"Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:C2FFF789-6493-4DBD-831A-8BE620BC58D9@microsoft.com...
> 2003
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What version of Exchange?
>>
>> Exchange Server 2007 makes customizable DSNs possible
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/E2k7Help/cc34fd2c-6af3-4034-b080-1f45f904226a.mspx
>> -- 
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>> ----------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A4F9355E-78EF-46DD-8507-B722ABF3AE14@microsoft.com...
>> >I would like to customize the message sent when an SMTP message is 
>> >delayed
>> > going through outbound SMTP.  Where would I change the default text of
>> > this
>> > message:
>> >
>> > <MESSAGE>
>> >
>> > This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
>> >
>> > THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
>> >
>> > YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
>> >
>> > Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
>> >
>> >       Blah@blah.com
>> >
>> > <END>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
Ben
8/22/2006 7:39:34 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How can I print a selection in Outlook 2003?
How can I print just a selection of an email in Outlook 2003? The printer driver window is different from the one that comes up in Outlook Express. Thank you! You can do this for HTML formatted messages. Highlight your text, File-> Print... and select to print only the selection -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Murphie" <Murphie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92F39B50-B877-408A-AAA7-DF350B1D72ED@microsoft.com....

error: OBE-15502 Can only have 16000 per document
Hi, I tried to export data from oracle query builder to Excel sheet, got a error message: OBE-15502 Can only have 16000 per document Is there any way i can get more records(over 16000 or unlimited) in one sheet? thanks. -- JJ ...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total
I've set up a 401(k)accont. I transfer contribiltions to this 401(k)account from each paycheck. When I go to the 401 (k) account view, it shows all the informations such as transections and the account vallue ect., EXCEPT the total contribiltion. I want to know not only what my 401(k) vallue is, but how much money I have contribilt total or over a period of time as well. I find no place to see it. Anybody can help? I'm using Money2002 and 2004 Trial Verstion. Thanks a lot! ...

No delivery reciept!
Hello, I sent an email with "Request a delivery receipt for this message" selected.two days ago and I haven't gotten anything back. Nothing at all saying that it was either delivered or "not delievered". What might that mean? Thanks, Jeff That the recipient's mail server does not support receipts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JMI asked: | He...

Can different editions of Publisher be used together?
If my son uses Publisher 2003 on a school computer, downloads his work to a flash drive, brings it home to edit on Publisher 2007, will he then be able to take the edited work back to the school computer to be used, or will it not be compatible? Stateparent wrote: > If my son uses Publisher 2003 on a school computer, downloads his work to a > flash drive, brings it home to edit on Publisher 2007, will he then be able > to take the edited work back to the school computer to be used, or will it > not be compatible? Publisher 2003 and 2007 share a common file format, so the sc...

Can't send/receive
anyone have a situation where all of sudden they can't send new messages or receive anything? I get a message when I click on "accounts" that says 'fatal error in outlook unable to complete operation" ...

Special offer on exams for UK customers at Allitcertkiller.co.uk
Special offer on exams for UK customers at http://www.Allitcertkiller.co.uk ...

Can I change the "Applied Task Update Requests and Errors" view?
I really like this view in PWA 2007, but I would like to replace one column with another. Is this view customizeable? Randy -- Bad news, my friend. This view is not customizable, nor is the view shown in the Task Updates customizable (which many users wish it was). Hope this help. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Randy Schmid" <RandySchmid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72FA34B5-...

Should be an easy but I can not figure it out!!
I have a text box where the user enters a date and it is assigned to variable txtDate. How to I convert that to the serial number of the date? Thanks for the help IIRC, you can use DATEVAL(String) to get the serial date. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "VinceW" wrote: > I have a text box where the user enters a date and it is assigned to variable > txtDate. How to I convert that to the serial number of the date? > > Thanks for the help Barb, Thanks for the quick reply, however I get the error "Sub or Function not defined" when trying...

Can not Customize Leads View
Hi I have tried to customize the Leads view, I tried to add a view and add some columns to it. The view is shown however I see only the name column. When I go back to the View customization, I see the columns I added. Published your customizations??? -- ---------------------- regards, Ilya Milshtein MBS Master, MBSCP, MCP Softline International www.softline.ru "alsap" wrote: > Hi I have tried to customize the Leads view, I tried to add a view and add > some columns to it. > The view is shown however I see only the name column. > When I go back to the View customi...

How to transfer Custom Views to another machine
Outlook 2003 How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? Thank you for your help. They are contained within your pst-file so if you transfer that you'll transfer the views too. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:usDhjJ7hHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 > > How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? >...

Bulk attachments
I have a very long list of Images in a single folder that I want to attach to seperate fields in a table/form. Each record contains two images, which are named like this: W:\Foldername\Micromap Run 001 A.bmp =(1st record) W:\Foldername\Micromap Run 001 B.bmp =(1st record) W:\Foldername\Micromap Run 002 A.bmp =(2nd record) W:\Foldername\Micromap Run 002 B.bmp =(2nd record) W:\Foldername\Micromap Run 003 A.bmp =(3rd record) W:\Foldername\Micromap Run 003 B.bmp =(3rd record) and so on... Image A goes to field A Image B goes to field B Is there a way of doing this au...

HR Benefit Table
I'm trying to do some cleanup of our benefits (delete benefits that were enrolled and never used) and in the process of querying table BE010130 there are a ton of benefits that have a 0 in the BENEFITSTATUS_I field. When I try to pull them up in GP they don't show under the specified employee. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I can delete them? ------=_NextPart_0001_079D83ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, After looking at the HRBEN.DOC from the SDK, it doesn't appear the BE010130 should have a value of 0. The values that should b...

How Do I know what the Tax Status is in Payroll
I don't understand the Tax Status on the Microsoft Excel Payroll Calendar. Any help would be nice. Thank you. ...

can't uninstall exchange from cluster nodes
hi our client has several exchange clusters, and one of them is being retired. we have removed the exchange resources and the EVS and the server no longer appears in the organization and everything else there seems to be ok. we can't seem to uninstall exchange from either of the nodes. setup will start saying it's loading components then terminates with no error; happens on both nodes. both nodes are exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. i did find the setup log; here is what it says, hope someone can shed some light on this (company info replaced with < >): [19:47:23] *...

Can't delete email #2
I'm am trying to help a friend who is using Outlook Express on W98, I cannot delete any messages from her in box. She has over 500 in there, which may be part of the problem. Any suggestions? Desperate! Mark Mark Ryan <m.ryan@earthlink.com> wrote: > I'm am trying to help a friend who is using Outlook Express > on W98, I cannot delete any messages from her in box. She > has over 500 in there, which may be part of the problem. > Any suggestions? The first suggestion is to ask in an Outlok Express newsgroup. The second suggestion is to delete Deleted Items.dbx and ...

Can Not Reply To Emails
Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM. I get email messages I can not reply to. The reply button is grayed out. For now I am forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying from that computer with OE6. Anybody have any ideas? -- <Bill> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska. The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is not having a mail account set up. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net>...

How can I rename a database table?
Hi I am working on a project that uses the MFC CDatabase and CRecordset classes to handle its interfacing with an Access database. It is necessary for the software to rename a table within existing user databases to ensure that they are valid for use with the new version of the software. As a result of my limited database and MFC knowledge I am having difficulty finding a way of renaming the table. I have tried using the following: try { theDataBase.ExecuteSQL( "RENAME oldTableName TO newTableName"); } catch( CDBException* e) { e->m_strError; } However, it results in th...

Can (or how can) I do this
Hello, My Access application tracks an employee's progress through a process similar to hiring. There are 5 steps in the process. I track 4 of the steps by counting the number of times a value appears in a date field for that step. The count is then displayed and used in a calculation. The 5th step is more complicated. The 5th step needs to determine if the employee has verified that he can access all the applications that he should have access to. My process tracking table has the first 4 dates. The application access info comes from a different table. This process trackin...

how can I restore unsaved changes in excel #2
...

Custom Receipt
Has anyone managed to create a receipt that displays instead of the price of the item with the discount amount below, the price of the item - the discount? i.e. the discounted price. Thanks Rob I found it. Receipt Properties - Show Line Discount You know it really helps when one looks with there eyes open. Rob "Rob" <rob@retail-pos.nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23oiEHcWbFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Has anyone managed to create a receipt that displays instead of the price > of the item with the discount amount below, the price of the item - the >...

Can Not Connect to Exchange Server after Mailbox Move
I have 2 exchange servers. While logged into the domain, and at the location, I can log into the email system just fine. While remote VPN in, I can not access the server. I can ping the server, I can see all shares, and I can even access the printer and print from the exchange server. But I can not get to it with email. Any Ideas? Oh.. both exchange 5.5, both in the same site. Exchange Admin shows both sites just fine. is there a firewall with rules configured, in between the users vpn connection and the internal network? kmelillo@gmail.com wrote: > Oh.. both exchange 5.5, bot...

Can not archive
I get the message "Error while archiving folder "Deleted Items" in store "mailbox-user name." Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. This only happend recently and only occurs with the deleted items. I can archive send and the inbox without a problem. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

can'not set or connect to an email account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CAAC2C.BBDF6A00 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0011_01CAAC2C.BBDF9110" ------=_NextPart_001_0011_01CAAC2C.BBDF9110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am triying to set an email account.I am vodafone mobile customer.Some = settings bloking my access to email service.I am not a professinal = computer user,following the the instractions but no luck.Can you help = me? Thank you. ------=_Nex...

Appointment notification not received by attendees(required people
Hi all I am having a problem with sending appointments through the Outlook Client and the Web Client.The Appointments show on my Outlook Calendar and on CRM but the attendees (required field users) do not get the email notification. Any ideas on this. Thank you Lebo ...