Hotfix needed prior to Installing Service Pack 1 for Windows 2003

Is there an exchange hotfix needed prior to installing service pack 1 for
Windows 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server?
0
SaboEric (25)

Only if you are running an Exchange cluster on your Back end.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841561

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an exchange hotfix needed prior to installing service pack 1 for
> Windows 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server?

0
Ben
3/31/2005 3:12:06 PM
Yes, I think it's 831464.  But I tried this last night - installed the
hotfix, rebooted and then tried to install SP1 but got the same "You must
install hotfix 831464" message and it still wouldn't let me install SP1....

Hope you have better luck than I do.

"Sabo, Eric" wrote:

> Is there an exchange hotfix needed prior to installing service pack 1 for
> Windows 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server?
0
timc (11)
3/31/2005 3:13:06 PM
831464 is required before installing Exchange 2003 Sp1, but Exchange 2003
sp1 shouldn't be a requirement to install Windows 2003 SP1 Also, there
shouldn't be any reboot required following the install of the hotfix.  Try
installing it, then installing Exchange 2003 Sp1 without rebooting.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Tim C" <TimC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I think it's 831464.  But I tried this last night - installed the
> hotfix, rebooted and then tried to install SP1 but got the same "You must
> install hotfix 831464" message and it still wouldn't let me install
> SP1....
>
> Hope you have better luck than I do.

> "Sabo, Eric" wrote:
>
>> Is there an exchange hotfix needed prior to installing service pack 1 for
>> Windows 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server?

0
Ben
3/31/2005 3:21:20 PM
Hi,
 a fix for the IIS is needed. But afaik setup is telling you.

cheers,
Andy

"Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there an exchange hotfix needed prior to installing service pack 1 for
> Windows 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server?

0
andy.rath (135)
3/31/2005 3:22:59 PM
Apologies, I didn't read the post properly (I just searched to see if anyone
else had come across the problem I'd had) - I was talking about Exchange
Service Packs.

Sorry for the confusion (it's been a long day)...

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> 831464 is required before installing Exchange 2003 Sp1, but Exchange 2003
> sp1 shouldn't be a requirement to install Windows 2003 SP1 Also, there
> shouldn't be any reboot required following the install of the hotfix.  Try
> installing it, then installing Exchange 2003 Sp1 without rebooting.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Tim C" <TimC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I think it's 831464.  But I tried this last night - installed the
> > hotfix, rebooted and then tried to install SP1 but got the same "You must
> > install hotfix 831464" message and it still wouldn't let me install
> > SP1....
> >
> > Hope you have better luck than I do.

> > "Sabo, Eric" wrote:
> >
> >> Is there an exchange hotfix needed prior to installing service pack 1 for
> >> Windows 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server?

0
timc (11)
3/31/2005 3:33:02 PM
My version of Davex.dll is at 6.5.7232.53 which is higher than state in
article 841561, so I should be good to go.

Do you know why they took this piece of information out?

Does Service Pack 1 check for these sort of things that you need prior to
installation of SP1?

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Only if you are running an Exchange cluster on your Back end.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841561
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there an exchange hotfix needed prior to installing service pack 1 for
> > Windows 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server?

0
SaboEric (25)
3/31/2005 3:39:03 PM
I doubt that Windows 2003 SP1 checks for Exchange-specific hotfixes.

First part is are you running a cluster?
If you aren't, then you don't need to apply the hotfix.  If you are running
a cluster, then I would contact PSS regarding the KB article mentioned and
tell them that your version of davex.dll is higher than the one specified in
the hotfix and ask them if you still need the hotfix.  Remember that SP1 was
just released yesterday evening.  It may take some time to get everything
straightened out, especially relating to things like this.

--

> My version of Davex.dll is at 6.5.7232.53 which is higher than state in
> article 841561, so I should be good to go.
>
> Do you know why they took this piece of information out?
>
> Does Service Pack 1 check for these sort of things that you need prior to
> installation of SP1?
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Only if you are running an Exchange cluster on your Back end.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841561
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>>

>> "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there an exchange hotfix needed prior to installing service pack 1
>> > for
>> > Windows 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server?

0
Ben
3/31/2005 5:06:24 PM
Ben,

      Yes I do have an active/active cluster.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> I doubt that Windows 2003 SP1 checks for Exchange-specific hotfixes.
>
> First part is are you running a cluster?
> If you aren't, then you don't need to apply the hotfix.  If you are running
> a cluster, then I would contact PSS regarding the KB article mentioned and
> tell them that your version of davex.dll is higher than the one specified in
> the hotfix and ask them if you still need the hotfix.  Remember that SP1 was
> just released yesterday evening.  It may take some time to get everything
> straightened out, especially relating to things like this.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My version of Davex.dll is at 6.5.7232.53 which is higher than state in
> > article 841561, so I should be good to go.
> >
> > Do you know why they took this piece of information out?
> >
> > Does Service Pack 1 check for these sort of things that you need prior to
> > installation of SP1?
> >
> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Only if you are running an Exchange cluster on your Back end.
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841561
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >>

> >> "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
SaboEric (25)

Re-installing RWW
Is there an easy way to reinstall Remote Web Workspace? I ask this because I have a new SBS2003 install and when I try to goto http://localhost/remote it says 'page cannot be found'? I drilled down in inetpub and don't see any files that will allow me to goto the page. I am trying this from IIS on the server so I shouldn't have to worry about the ports on the firewall just yet. Any help is appreciated.---Kevin Turn on the proxy server on the client and bypass proxy for local addresses. "Kevin" <kevin@jdgdredd.com> wrote in message news:C1ED17A1.2889%kevin@jd...

BMP Export - Error in Excel 2007 but OK in 2003
Hi, I am trying to execute a code which should save a range of cells as image. Here is the code: Option Explicit Private Declare Function OpenClipboard Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long Private Declare Function GetClipboardData Lib "user32" (ByVal wFormat As Integer) As Long Private Declare Function CloseClipboard Lib "user32" () As Long Private Declare Function OleCreatePictureIndirect Lib "olepro32.dll" _ (PicDesc As uPicDesc, RefIID As GUID, ByVal fPictureOwnsHandle As Long, _ IPic As IPicture) As Long '\\ Declare a UDT to store a...

I need direction
I am trying to get any rows that are true to this criteria to be identified somehow in Microsoft Excell 2003. This is just an example of what I need and would appreciate any direction to go or even to see the formula written so I can copy and paste it would work. ( Column B >1500 ) & ( Column C > 1.5 ) & ( Column E < 150,000 ) Thanks, Rick Davis Ph# 503-774-6600 jallen96@yahoo.com Put this in a helper column: =and(b2>1500,c2>1.5,e2<150000) And drag down. Then put a header in row 1 of that column and select the column. data|Filter|autofilter Use ...

Rms needs to be able to handle deposits for beer kegs
Liquor stores sell kegs with deposits for the keg and tap. It should be a button or f key to take, track and return deposits ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mi...

SMTP config in already installed crm
Hi all, I have another question, a dev guy is working on a custom module, and needs to configure crm to send outbound smtp to an exchange server. He has already installed CRM at this point (seperate instance and forest then the other problem I posted yesterday) We do not need inbound mail to work, so I think we do not need the exchange router.. I can find no way to configure the smtp server in crm Any suggestions? Thank you! You still need the Exchange Router to send outbound email. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------...

Error on hotfix msxml
Hi, I'm installing the CRM for Microsoft Server 2003 64 bits. At the checklist the option of in install Hotfix MSXML isn't working. I'm getting the following error: Failure in installation Hotifix of Msxml 4.0. (error=216) (checkbase. cpp:ccheckbase:: Action:272) Any thoughts on why this would be? ...

Need help with cursor
Hello, I have a small GUI monitor application that doesn't have any controls on it. Basically its a frame with a title, menu bar, and client area. I dynamically size the frame for the contents of the client. The client window contains some status information about a service. I've noticed that the cursor gets changed to inappropriate values when the cursor is moved into the client area. For instance, moving the cursor in from the side may leave the cursor looking like the sideways-resize cursor. My application is written in MS VC++ v6.0. What events do I need to hook in...

Outlook 2003 time stamp different in message list and message body
When mail is received that is sent from the problem computer using Outlook 2003, the time stamp that one sees in the Messages window is two hours earlier than the actual time the message was sent. When the email is opened up the correct time is displayed in the message body. The time is correct on the system clock on the computer. Mail received on multiple computers with different email applications shows the same discrepancy when sent from the problem computer. Ideas Thanks. Make sure the TimeZone and DST settings are correct as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-...

Need to revamp a read-only file
HELP, Am doing a memory book for the team and the mom who did it is out of town and gave me a read only copy, I need to revise the stats and can't save them, how can I convert a read only to a regular file I can work on?? This goes to print today.....HELP! -- Tennis Mom thanks you! Can you SaveAs the file and rename it to a slightly different name? "Tennismom" <Tennismom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10DAAB2E-B2AD-4E65-8F64-DD0B350DA05D@microsoft.com... > HELP, Am doing a memory book for the team and the mom who did it is out of > town and g...

How to COPY the entire contents of a Calendar to another Calendar in Outlook 2003
I corrupted my system and had to do a full re-install of my s/w. I don't know how I screwed it up, but I somehow ended up with 2 Calendars in Outlook after I opened up my backedup .pst file. One named "Calendar", the other one named "Calendar(1)" .... Calendar1 apparently came from the Personal Folders section of my back-up. My main CALENDAR has no entries. I also can't remove it or rename it ... basically to make my CALENDAR1 my main calendar. The other downside is that any entires I make will not play an "alarm" - I get a message that the prima...

FWD: Prove this correction pack
--himcronhnkifjzir Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zmfbyufsj"; type="multipart/alternative" --zmfbyufsj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wuchlnmlwixkjf" --wuchlnmlwixkjf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilit...

novice needs info
I am trying to construct player cards for a baseball game...what i need to be able to do is to type constants like at bats, hits, etc. from one sheet and have them appear at different locations on the second sheet(the actual card)...some information such as average or era...needs to be affected by a formula before appearing on the second sheet....also need to know how to draw lines...vertical and horizontal in the second sheet...help..i am a dummy when it comes to this...thanks... -- mac53 Can you post a example of what sort of data in sheet 1 . Any thoughts on layout ?? -- VBA Noo...

Need to add dynamic submenu.
I need to add submenu depending upon the data i have in my "database" . The data can change any time. My question is: in which menu command handler should i process the menu code ? First get the Handle to Menu by using GetMenu(), then do AppendMenu(). Look MSDN For GetMenu(), GetSubMenu(), AppendMenu() if you dont already know it, or MFC's CMenu would be easier. Fahad Ashfaque "Bredal Jensen" wrote: > > I need to add submenu depending upon the data i have in my "database" . > The data can change any time. > > My question is: in whic...

Hotfix
Good day, can anyone tell me if there are any hotfixes for rms v2.0 running on windows xp sp3. I have customers using a dell 760 machine with sp3 and they seem to be having separate problems. One is a polling issue, where hq is giving a coalition conflict and another one the pos is turning off whenever they start doing transaction abd giving a blue screen. I heed help urgently. If there is any hotfixes can i get a link to download them. Thanks in advance -- Kay This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0217_01CA15E0.353A20E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

How should i input installments of credit card payments?
Hi, I have bought something with my credit card in 24 installments (interest free), the total sum is $1200 and i would pay $50 each month, how should i input these data in Money? Thanks! You input a charge in your credit card account of 1200 dollars and schedule a bill transfer of 50 dollars each month from the current account to the cc account. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Lendsly" <Lendsly@disc...

Recipient Update Service not updating new users
Every once and a while my RUS will not add new users that I create to the global address list. It will work fine for several weeks or months and then stop. I try the update now option but the user is still not added. The only way that I can get them added is to reboot the server. Has anybody encounterd this also? Is this a configuration problem or is there a fix available? THanks. Hi, "Elbryyan" <Elbryyan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9E0D3D38-AEA8-46E2-BB8D-C54D5C8AA548@microsoft.com... > Every once and a while my RUS will not add new u...

Need an index
I am using a temp table and find that the table has less than a 1,000 records most of the time and it is being joined with another table which has more than 40,000 records. I originally had an index on the temp table but find that the optimizer is doing index scans on the temp table and index seeks on the larger table. I assume this is because one table will need to be scanned and it would pick the smaller file to do the scan and the larger file to do the seek. If this is the case, I am deleting the index from the table and it doesn't seem to change the plan any. Am I...

Need the help...
I made a ocx in MFC and put it into a Cabinet File, but I don't know how to display progress bar when install Cabinet file at client side (IE Browser). Please help me....thanks you. ...

Updates fail to download/install
Had to reinstall Vista a week ago. Now Windows Update doesn't seem to work properly. When running Windows Update I get a window saying "X updates are downloaded" but the speed is 0. After a while I get an error message in the Update History saying the updates failed. I haven't been able to see any error codes. There are plenty of updates that fail, but interestingly about 30% seems to go well. Any ideas? What problems were you having that you though reinstalling Vista might resolve? Did you do a Repair Install or did you format the HDD & do a clean ins...

MSCRM and SMTP: no exchange needed?
Hi For a CRM-implementation we do need the program to be able to send out e-mails, but we prefer not to install exchange. Is there a possibility to archieve this We've tried to set up a SMTP server, but I wonder how mscrm would know that it should use that service instead of exchange. Right now i do get this error: mscrm key was not found in the registry. I do know that this is solved by installing exchange, but maybe there is a solution to not use that program Does anybody has a clue Edwin Jongsma ------=_NextPart_0001_C167B05E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ...

Configuring Ms Exchange 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C6C6C8.45D16EF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What I must do in order to configure Exchange 2003 Stadnrd Edition in = Windows 2003 Standard. what are the steps to put the exchange server to send and receive = emails. I've been told that create a MX and A record in the DNS, but I would = like to have more explanation, so i can be sure is properly done by = myself. Sincerely, Rafael ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C6C6C8.45D16EF0 Content-Type: te...

How to change window border colours?
Hi. I wanted to change some of the colours on windows XP. I can go into: Control Panel - Display. Then to: Appearance. I clicked Windows XP style. There are only 3 colour schemes. Kind of boring. In Appearance - Advanced, I can edit and change the colour of each window, size, text, borders, etc. I did, but I still see the blue windows most of the time. Some of my programs and some notifications have the colours I chose. But I mostly see those colours when I minimize or open a window/program. Then I see the typical Windows XP blue windows. If I went to Windows Classic styl...