Hosting SMTP Domains

I am upgrading from Exch 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and have the ADC running.
In Exch 5.5 I have a IMS  Connector which has over 25 entries in the routing
tab, either classed as inbound or routed to.
Some of the domains are for mailbox enabled users, while other domains are
for mail enabled contacts or public folders.

Do I need to create multiple receipient policies for each smtp domain. ?
How do I treat the routed to domain.?

Also in Exch 5.5 I was allowing - automatic replies to the internet - for a
specific email domain only, how can it be done in Exch 2003.?? This is so
mail can be redirected when out of the office.

I have looked at the article at msexchange.org.

Thanks
ARaji

0
rajia (10)

SMTP domain support is done in E2K3 using Recipient Policies.   I would
suggest that you create an additional RP with an empty filter (The
Recipients container is at the top of the hierarchy in System Manager) and
put in each of the smtp domains you wish to support  (and DO select the
"This Organization is Responsible..." checkbox).  Then on the email
addresses tab of the recipient, add in the alternate email addresses (other
than those automatically placed there by the Default Policy from Exchange
5.5).

HTH

--
Nick Cavalancia
MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI
"Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopdotgovt.nz> wrote in message
> I am upgrading from Exch 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and have the ADC running.
> In Exch 5.5 I have a IMS  Connector which has over 25 entries in the
routing
> tab, either classed as inbound or routed to.
> Some of the domains are for mailbox enabled users, while other domains are
> for mail enabled contacts or public folders.
>
> Do I need to create multiple receipient policies for each smtp domain. ?
> How do I treat the routed to domain.?
>
> Also in Exch 5.5 I was allowing - automatic replies to the internet - for
> specific email domain only, how can it be done in Exch 2003.?? This is so
> mail can be redirected when out of the office.
>
> I have looked at the article at msexchange.org.
>
> Thanks
> ARaji

0
nickc1 (118)
2/25/2004 4:01:46 AM
thanks.

what about the routed domain. ie we receive mail for a domain and this is
forwarded on to that domains exchange server using their ip#. This domain is
internal. Would I create a new smtp connector ??

Also how to do out of office replies.??

--

"Nick Cavalancia" <nickc@remove-comsphere.com> wrote in message
> SMTP domain support is done in E2K3 using Recipient Policies.   I would
> suggest that you create an additional RP with an empty filter (The
> Recipients container is at the top of the hierarchy in System Manager) and
> put in each of the smtp domains you wish to support  (and DO select the
> "This Organization is Responsible..." checkbox).  Then on the email
> addresses tab of the recipient, add in the alternate email addresses
(other
> than those automatically placed there by the Default Policy from Exchange
> 5.5).
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Nick Cavalancia
> MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI
> nickc@remove-comsphere.com
> Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key"
> Web: http://www.comsphere.com
> Ph: 954.275.0114
> Fax: 954.791.6763
> "Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopdotgovt.nz> wrote in message
> > I am upgrading from Exch 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and have the ADC running.
> > In Exch 5.5 I have a IMS  Connector which has over 25 entries in the
> routing
> > tab, either classed as inbound or routed to.
> > Some of the domains are for mailbox enabled users, while other domains
are
> > for mail enabled contacts or public folders.
> >
> > Do I need to create multiple receipient policies for each smtp domain. ?
> > How do I treat the routed to domain.?
> >
> > Also in Exch 5.5 I was allowing - automatic replies to the internet -
for
> > specific email domain only, how can it be done in Exch 2003.?? This is
so
> > mail can be redirected when out of the office.
> >
> > I have looked at the article at msexchange.org.
> >
> > Thanks
> > ARaji

0
rajia (10)
2/27/2004 2:07:19 AM
Haven't tried that - I would guess first  you would need to create an SMTP
connector setup with the foreign smtp address in the addresses tab and
"forward all messages to host" field set as the foreign Exchange server. You
would also need to add that domain's address space to the RecPol you've
already created.

This way, Exchange will take in the email (because of the supported
namespace) and will forward those addresses to the foreign host via the
connector.  Let me know if this works.

--

?
> > > How do I treat the routed to domain.?
> > >
> > > Also in Exch 5.5 I was allowing - automatic replies to the internet -
> for
> > > specific email domain only, how can it be done in Exch 2003.?? This is
> so
> > > mail can be redirected when out of the office.
> > >
> > > I have looked at the article at msexchange.org.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > ARaji

0
nickc1 (118)

Best way to persist alter table changes in my local DB to web host
Hello. Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the web host DB and have "semi-automatically" apply the change to its copy of the table? dontspammenow@yahoo.com (dontspammenow@yahoo.com) writes: > Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of > the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do > an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the w...

Exchange 5.5
Hiya, I have a distribution list set up on my Exchange Server (5.5 with SP4, running on NT 4 SP6a) which only has 6 members. Over time though, as staff come and go, members have been added to this DL and then been removed at a later stage. I have a client who is reporting that when they try to email to the distribution list, they get two bounces. The first one is: "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es) /O=COMPANY/OU=EXCHANGE/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ADDRESS 1. Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an account" Where ADDRESS 1 is a user that, ...

Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!!
PREMIUM WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING!! -Word press Hosting -Unlimited Domains -Panel Hosting -Unlimited Blogs -$7,95 per month http://minyurl.com/237 ...

How to send email with no outlook and SMTP server ?
Is there any way to send an email (either from a VB program or ASP or HTML) if the machine has no Outlook and/or SMTP server ? Thank you If they have not blocked it, you can sometimes use the smpt server from your Internet provider. Look first if there are regulations about that. "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:#2DBO1W5KHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to send an email (either from a VB program or ASP or > HTML) if the machine has no Outlook and/or SMTP server ? > Thank you > > At some point you n...

Hosting Secure Site
Our business is in need of setting up a dealer portal website which needs to interact with our internal SQL/App server. I know SBS is not the place to host the site so setting up a virtual web server and putting it in some sort of DMZ is the plan thus far. I'm planning on running the site securely (https://) which will conflict with the SBS OWA and RWW. I'd perfer to use the same static IP address so how would I go about setting up and accessing the dealer site given that both will be on port 443? Could I just change the port of the dealer portal? (eg. https://mysite...

Issue with Windows 2008 Joining Windows 2003 Domain
Greetings, I have an Active Directory domain with two Windows Server 2003 32-bit machines as the domain contrallers (DC's). Right now, I'd like to order a new Windows Server 2008 64-bit machine to join to this domain as a third DC. Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with Win2003 and Win2008? Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with 32-bit and 64-bit? Do I need to do some preparation for the mixed environment? Any info would be appreciated, Ross Howdie! Ross schrieb: > Is there any known issue with domain controll...

SMTP name generation
Hi Folks I thing my brain has hit a bad sector ;-) I can not remember where you change the way SMTP addresses are generated. i.e. firstname.lastname@domain.com I thought it was under recipient policy but here I can only seem to be able to change the domain name and not the user name generation Where is the option? Cheers SuperPlay Hi, It is a recipient policy - see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822447 Leif "SuperPlay" <SuperPlay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53E73318-8342-49C5-8C60-FE55D4DC88CA@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Exchange 5.5 and domain upgrade from NT to 2003
Just gone down the path of starting to upgrade the domain from NT to 2003 interim. So far everything has gone OK, couple of DNS hitches to start with which appeared to make the network slow but that's now fixed. Main problem now is exchange IMC. The exchange box has bee functioning fine now for several days since the start of the domain upgrade, however today it was necessary to start the NT4 Exchange5.5 box and that's where the problem starts. Since this is it's first restart I'm assuming that it's looking to the new domain and AD. All the exhange services start fi...

Acceptance of domain literals
I need to allow this in order to help me troubleshoot what I know is a DNS issue with my mx record. I have any Exchange 2000 server. Any ideas. ...

Setup mailboxes for child domain users
We just setup W2003 AD and Exchange 2003. We have about 10 child domains created. They are in different subnet and in different geographic location. Exchange 2003 setrver is running only in HQ, not in any child domains. How can I setup mailboxes for child domain users? Any guidance out there?? Thanks, Rick You need to run domainPrep in each domain that contains an Exchange server and in any domain that contains exchange users. On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:53:07 -0700, "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We just setup W2003 AD and Exchange 2003. We have a...

Outgoing SMTP
I have 2 companies that share one Exchange 2003 for SMTPr mailboxes and pub folders. Company 1 can send out email to anyone fine. It has a valid IP address and FQDN that resolves to it's IP. Sends out as 123.com Company 2 receives mail at this same Exchange server fine and can send out mail mostly fine with the exception to Earthlink and Mindspring. Sends out as 456.com. I belive this is because a reverse DNS lookup is done and the name and IP that is resolved is of the first company. Company 2 MX points to the Company 1 server and IP. Any ideas of how we can supply a fix for th...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Open the SMTP Virtual Server Properties Access Tab Relay - Configure who can relay http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823019 Thanks, Chad "Amador Gomez" wrote: > How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for > internal users and users that connect using pop3. > > Thanks > > > ...

SMTP queue:hundreds of strange messages to nate.com
Exch2003 SP1, Win2003Sp1. I got a MOM alert saying that SMTP queues are larger than usual. I launch Exchange systems manager, Queues, and I see that hundreds of messages to a specific domain "nate.com" is stuck there. I right click the respective "domain/queue", I click "unfreeze". I look at the messages and they are from sender=postmaster@myorganization.com. To= SMTP:tkdgn1234@nate.com; and other serveral aliases that appears to be randomly generated. I already deleted all messages, but then few days later messages were apparently regenerated and got stu...

IIS SMTP service as anSMTP Gateway to Exchange 5.5
I could use some input on what I am proposing below. Setup: Win2K wiht IIS 5.o SMTP service setup relaying to a NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 box. (this is all working great) I have this setup to allow for Spam and Virus filtering amoung other reasons. Side note: because of things out of my control both oxes are avaible to the internet on some ports POP SMTP RPC etc.. I can't change this. Here's my problem: With this MyDoom virus I have noticed a problem with my present setup. Because I have POP3 users as well. They acccess the back exchange box. We have an A record for it. an...

hosts file
Hi all, After I modified HOSTS file in another directory I can not replace the one on windows/system32/drivers/etc. He account I use is administrator. I have windows vista home premiun SP1. By the way a virus altered HOSTS file and can not connect to internet with firefox, I added 127.0.0.1 to the file in order to make it work. Thanks a lot for any help. perhaps a freeware called spybot can help. first immunize then go to the tools section and see if the hosts file is visiable. in any case here is some more info: http://tinyurl.com/yafnssc -- db���...

Hosted exchange opinions
Can anyone comment on hosted exchange services as compared to stand-alone Outlook (not in a server) and Outlook on an in-house server? Would a hosted exchange service make sense for just 2-3 PCs who want to share a calendar and some contact folders? Any major drawbacks? Any feedbakc oni specific hosts? What about SherWeb? http://www.sherweb.com/) Thanks a bunch If you need to share outlook content, including calendars and email, or need to access calendar, contacts, and email from anywhere, hosted exchange makes a lot of sense - even for a single user. IMHO, cost is the only drawback...

Exchange + Domain Troubles.
E2K3 on E2K. I have 6 email servers, 4 mailbox, one front end and one Public Folder. I have 5 domain controllers, all are global catalogs. The DC next to the email servers gets backed up ane rebooted on Wednesday night. It drives my exchange servers crazy for the time the DC is rebooting. I get plenty of RFR directory service and FRS errors. I think it has to do with (Servers, Server, right click Properties, Directory Access) I only have the one DC listed. Should I manually add the other DCs to calm the exchange servers? Thanks, Fred Yes....do you have it set to automatically...

SMTP Virtual server #9
How do I configure the Default SMTP Virtual Server to relay email to Exchange? -- Arne Garvander (I program VB.Net for fun and C# to get paid.) On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 13:12:02 -0700, Arne Garvander <ArneGarvander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I configure the Default SMTP Virtual Server to relay email to Exchange? to Exchange? Not sure what you are asking. How does the the default SMTP virutal server know which mail server to send the mail t? I have one relay that works, but when I look at the properties, the entry for smart server is blank. -- Arne Garvander (I pro...

SMTP Server Remote Queue Length
All: I am getting the above message from the server daily. It states: QA large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue. This started about three days ago. The pending messages are from the Postmaster to a website in Korea (Daum.net). Since I do not know the reason for these messages, I have Frozen the queue and deleted the pending messages, but there are approximately 10 messages a minute being sent to the pending queue. I've checked to see if my Windows SBS 2003 server is being used as a relay, but it appears to not be the case. I have checked out Article 8...

cannot set primary smtp email address
I'm running exchange 2000 server with Windows 2000 AD. My exchange server is setup to allow me to create a user with the email account with email address from the policy. A user has multiple smtp email address and I would like change the primary smt email to another primary smtp email by clicking on the "set as primary" button in the AD users profile. This work during the time of setting it however after and hour the primary email address is reverted back to the original primary email address. Can someone please assist me with this problem. Donny On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:25...

This is not a relay host
We have a distribution group that contains external contacts. When someone from that group receives an email and does a reply it sends the email back to our exchange server but then they get an ndr because the exchange server returns the error "This is not a relay host - mail must be to or from host domain" as it wont then send on the email to the rest of the external contacts contained in the distribution group. Do I just need to add the domain name to the relay restrictions list under the access tab on the smtp virtual server? Thanks in advance Is this an Outlook distribution...

OWA Child Domain FE/BE
We currently have server1.childC.domain.com acting as a FE server for our forest. Next is server2.childA.domain.com as a BE and also server3.childB.domain.com as a BE. We are trying to access OWA via the FE server to access mailboxes on the server3 childB domain BE, but the screen hangs on loading....We can access the mailboxes in server2 childA domain BE with no trouble from the same PC. Thanks in advance. ...

VBScript and Script Host
Hello, I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the correct group to Post. I am planning to develop an application where the users will be given provisions to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning to use VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows). Does WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script and script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an application with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it commercial ? Thanks and Regards Ram Interestin...

the peer's stratum is less then the host stratum
I am getting a "The peer's stratum is less then the host stratum." Whenever I try to synchronize the time. What's going on? -- Demoman Paullllll wrote: > I am getting a "The peer's stratum is less then the host stratum." Whenever > I try to synchronize the time. What's going on? Loosely, it means that the Windows Time service deems your workstation to be a more accurate clock than the time server you have selected so it won't sync to the less accurate clock. Can you run the following command at a command prompt and post the ...

How to have external contacts with same domain as Exchange???
Hi all, Preface: I have Exchange Svr 2003 with Outlook 2003. Suppose that my domain is @probe.net. I have one central office and a lot of external offices. The exchange server is only used to send-receive messages into the central office. (To receive I am using the POP connector to obtain messages from my ISP, and to send I am using the Exchange Server). External offices read messages directly from the ISP. Well. The problem is: - All the external offices have email adresses with the same domain @probe.net. When I add contacts to GAL with the email address of the external offices, and sen...