Hosting multiple domains on exchange 2003

Good Day,

I have a domain name @123.com hosted by our exchange server, I would like to
add @abc.com to exchange. I followed this article  to add the domain

I've made the mx dns changes to reflec the new domain, I've refreshed the
recipient policy and also restqarted all exchange services just to make sure
it is refreshed.

Anytime I send an email from the outside world i get an error "550 Recipient
not local"

I am able to send emails internally to the new domain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray
0
Ray1 (116)

Check that on the recipient policy you have the check box at the bottom of
the email address that indicates that this email domain is treated as
inbound.

Glen

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good Day,
>
> I have a domain name @123.com hosted by our exchange server, I would like
> add @abc.com to exchange. I followed this article  to add the domain
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html
>
> I've made the mx dns changes to reflec the new domain, I've refreshed the
> recipient policy and also restqarted all exchange services just to make
> sure
> it is refreshed.
>
> Anytime I send an email from the outside world i get an error "550
> Recipient
> not local"
>
> I am able to send emails internally to the new domain.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Ray

0
glen6925 (138)

EXCEL, VSTO: Fastest way to access multiple cells
Hi all, Can anybody help clarifying my issues? In one part of my Excel/VSTO application, I have to compare values of cells and assign a background color according to the result of the comparison. The code looks something like this: .... rng = wkSheet.Range("A1:Z1000") vals = Array(1000 * 26 ) ' same size as 'rng' Do ( for the whole range ) If vals(i, j) > XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 1 Else If vals(i, j) = XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 2 Else ' vals(i, j) < XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End ...

Best way to persist alter table changes in my local DB to web host
Hello. Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the web host DB and have "semi-automatically" apply the change to its copy of the table? dontspammenow@yahoo.com (dontspammenow@yahoo.com) writes: > Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of > the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do > an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the w...

how can I save a multiple page file as multiple JPEG's?
I created a 26 page doc in Pub2003, and want to save each page as a separate JPEG to upload to a site to create a photo book- They do not work with PDF's. How can I save each page separately? I know I can save the entire thing as a JPEG, and but I don't know how to save a page alone. Each page is many-layered and I can't seem to group all the multiple objects... how can you group a large number of objects on a page? I think if I could do that I could right-click and 'save as'. Thanks! -Joanna ...

close multiple Excel workbooks simultaneously
I have a situation where I finish up with several separate workbooks open simultaneously. At the moment, I close them all one by one, manually. Is there a quicker way? Thanks, folks Hi Paul, With the Shift key depressed, select Close All on the File Menu. This option is only available in conjunction with the shift key. --- Regards, Norman "PaulRetired" <PaulRetired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:823C11FA-4FB3-47AD-AAD5-5EEA951490AA@microsoft.com... >I have a situation where I finish up with several separate workbooks open > simultaneously. At ...

Exchange 5.5
Hiya, I have a distribution list set up on my Exchange Server (5.5 with SP4, running on NT 4 SP6a) which only has 6 members. Over time though, as staff come and go, members have been added to this DL and then been removed at a later stage. I have a client who is reporting that when they try to email to the distribution list, they get two bounces. The first one is: "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es) /O=COMPANY/OU=EXCHANGE/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ADDRESS 1. Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an account" Where ADDRESS 1 is a user that, ...

Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!!
PREMIUM WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING!! -Word press Hosting -Unlimited Domains -Panel Hosting -Unlimited Blogs -$7,95 per month http://minyurl.com/237 ...

Outlook 2003 and YahooPOP
Sorry for asking this here. but other site doesn't support help. Does anyone know how to work YahooPOP? Like how do I make it so YahooPOP can download my mail and send it to Outlook? Also what do I put in for the Incoming mail(pop3) and outgoing mail(SMTP) In news:29B58CFA-F9BF-46F5-8882-CDFCEB87F057@microsoft.com, Jester9044 <Jester9044@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Sorry for asking this here. but other site doesn't support help. > Does anyone know how to work YahooPOP? Like how do I make it so > YahooPOP can download my mail and send it to Outlook?...

Exchange not routing our domain emails to the internet
Hi, I have just setup a small exhange server using SBS 2003. All the clients have an email address of the form user@mydomain.com.au. These emails are collected using the POP Connector then routed through exchange. However there are other offices which have emails addresses of the form user@mydomain.com.au and ofcourse when we send emails to those addresses it seems that exchange attempts to send it internally rather then externally. The message bounces back with the error: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact th...

Replying with Multiple Accounts
Hi, Recently migrated a user from Outlook Express to Outlook XP. There is lots of pop accounts in his setup. When he received an email in OE, replying would go from the account it was sent from, and there was a drop down box that would allow you to choose an account to send mail from... What does Outlook offer for multiple accounts as he needs this feature... Thanks Marek It offers the same. You can use the Accounts dropdown to choose who you send from. Chris "Marek" <nospam@spam.spam> wrote in message news:uYZGaVaLFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Re...

Multiple Scheduling
I have a pocket pc with outlook that I use to follow my school schedule. The only problem is there are 4 different types of schedule each in the same order but the class lengths are different. In addition, another problem is that there is no order to when the occur. Is there a way where I can toggle between two or more different recurring schedule? Thank you for your help Jonathan ...

Backing up MS Money 2003 file to Briefcase
Hi. When i try this for one of my data files it says it is in use and stops. I am not running Money, but I think it is something else related which I need to turn off. When I had this one other time it was becuase I was syncing Money to my PPC but not this time. Suggestions welcome! ...

multiple digits in a combobox
hello, i have an mfc CCombobox, which is populated with numeric data. For example: 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 14 18 i would like to user to be able to type 14 and have 14 selected. Currently when the user types 1 the box selects 10 and then when they type the 4, the 4 is selected. I currently have the object type set to Drop List. If I change to Drop Down, then 14 can be selected as described, but I dont want the user to be able to enter any numbers that arent in the list. For example, if they were to try to type 13, i want it to stay on 10. any ideas? are there any custom comboboxes that already...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

How to have multiple mailbox in an outlook client
I am wondering how to configure multiple mailboxes in an outlook 2003 client, so I can monitor the others' email use in the office. Thanks! Assign yourself full mailbox access permissions to other mailbox and open it as additional mailbox in Outlook by going to More Settings (in Outlook properties) | Advanced | Open these additional mailboxes: -> | Add. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4CDF75C-5C71-4BCB-A068-C852EC4F06DF@...

Rebuild OAB in Exchange 2003
Hi. When I create a new user and mailbox the account does not show up in the OAB. I understand the reason is because we are using Outlook 2003 in cached mode. Is there a way to immediately update the OAB and push the change out. Do I need to rebuild the OAB in Exchange 2003 to make the changes immediate and have the user click Send/Receive to get the changes? What are the exact steps to rebuilding the OAB in Exchange 2003? Will it affect anything else? Thanks. Start Exchange System Manager and go to Recipients > Offline Address Lists. R-click on the Offline Address book on right a...

Hosting Secure Site
Our business is in need of setting up a dealer portal website which needs to interact with our internal SQL/App server. I know SBS is not the place to host the site so setting up a virtual web server and putting it in some sort of DMZ is the plan thus far. I'm planning on running the site securely (https://) which will conflict with the SBS OWA and RWW. I'd perfer to use the same static IP address so how would I go about setting up and accessing the dealer site given that both will be on port 443? Could I just change the port of the dealer portal? (eg. https://mysite...

Issue with Windows 2008 Joining Windows 2003 Domain
Greetings, I have an Active Directory domain with two Windows Server 2003 32-bit machines as the domain contrallers (DC's). Right now, I'd like to order a new Windows Server 2008 64-bit machine to join to this domain as a third DC. Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with Win2003 and Win2008? Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with 32-bit and 64-bit? Do I need to do some preparation for the mixed environment? Any info would be appreciated, Ross Howdie! Ross schrieb: > Is there any known issue with domain controll...

Customers receiving multiple workflow emails
We have a workflow in place that automatically emails customers upon order creation. Customers are reporting multiple emails for the same order. I confirmed this through Exchange message tracking. This doesn't occur with all order confirmations...but it does occur with more than one customer and more than one domain. Has anyone else seen anything like this? How can I troubleshoot the Exchange router? This workflow has been in place for over a year and has just started doing this. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you. use the workflow monitor to try and track the instance...

Multiple Companies Simultaneous Updates
Is it possible to update multiple companies simultaneously on GP? For example I want to change an account on the CoA on several companies. Can I do this without having to login to each individual company? We are using GP v8. Thanks, Nawaz Nawaz: Email mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com - I believe they have some triggers for sale that allow you to do this with accounts, vendors, and customers. I am not sure of the price - but I believe those triggers will do what you want them too and update multiple databases. Shoot them an email as I am sure they can explain in better detail an...

Disclaimer in Exchange 2003 #3
Hi, Is there any option in Exchange 2003 to add a message (Just like Disclaimer or Signature) to all outgoing Messages without using any third party S/W. If no, is there any freeware software available to achive this. Please Help.. Thanks, Vineet The free GFI module? http://www.msexchange.org/news/Disclaimer_software_for_Exchange_Server_provided_free_by_GFI.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Vineet" <Vineet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1740AA0-078F-4898-BC8E-4BF8E8A6A117@mic...

Multiple recipents, multiple emails
We run Exchange 2003 in our organisation and are having problems with mail is sent to more than one recipient from external sources. If mail is sent to 4 users, each user receives 4 copies of the message, 3 goes to 3, 2 to 2 etc. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix? BigMan <BigMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We run Exchange 2003 in our organisation and are having problems with mail is >sent to more than one recipient from external sources. If mail is sent to 4 >users, each user receives 4 copies of the message, 3 goes to 3, 2 to 2 etc. >Ha...

New Exchange Server
We are trying to get a new Exchange Server up and running in our company. Everything is working fine, EXCEPT CRM. When we unplug the old Exchange box, CRM email (at least outgoing, probably incoming too) stops working. We have installed the CRM Email Router on the new Exchange box. However, when we installed it, the old box was still up and running. We are receiving SOAP error messages on the new box, even when the old one is turned on. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Did you uninstall the router from the old Exchange server? The router config adds an entry in the registry on the CRM ser...

How do I sort multiple columns of of numerical and alphanumerical.
Example: Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 1 9 09A1 0023 delete 3 11 11D4 1057 revise I would like to sort first on column 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. When I tried this, it messed up all the numbers in column 4. Help please Select all 5 columns then sort by column 1. Then sort by column 2 as first sort key, column 2 as second, and column 3 as third. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "slowmo" <slowmo@discus...

error profile outlook exchange 2007
I am trying to create a new outlook user profile to exchange 2007, there is a branch in Netherland that connect exchange server in Brazil via VPN client. The VPN connection is working fine, we can access files etc. The question is when we setup outlook profile appears a message "cannot open your default mail folders. You must connect to the computer's Microsoft Exchange Server with the current profile before you synchronize your folders with the file-folder offline" We have tryed setup other users accounts without success. The operational system is windows 7. W...

hosts file
Hi all, After I modified HOSTS file in another directory I can not replace the one on windows/system32/drivers/etc. He account I use is administrator. I have windows vista home premiun SP1. By the way a virus altered HOSTS file and can not connect to internet with firefox, I added 127.0.0.1 to the file in order to make it work. Thanks a lot for any help. perhaps a freeware called spybot can help. first immunize then go to the tools section and see if the hosts file is visiable. in any case here is some more info: http://tinyurl.com/yafnssc -- db���...