hosting multiple domains #3

Hi

Im running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 AD domain. I am trying to host a second domain on my server. I have created a group in ADUC and populated this group with the users whom i want to recieve the 2nd domain email address. I setup my email address policy and i search for this group based on the groups distingushed name. The policy runs fine, but only the group i created gets the 2nd domains email address, none of the users i put in this group do. Do i have to create another recipient policy based on a user attribute? this would mean that i would have to create two recipient policies one for the group, because if i want to send an email to all employees for the second domain i have to put these employees in a group. This doesnt make much sence to me

Thanks for any help.

0
anonymous (74721)

There is much ore to the configuration.  See the Deploying Hosted Exchange
2000 Whitepaper at the following link:
http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/whitepapers/exchange.asp

--
Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
nicbas@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
only!.

"skip" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Im running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 AD domain. I am trying to host
a second domain on my server. I have created a group in ADUC and populated
this group with the users whom i want to recieve the 2nd domain email
address. I setup my email address policy and i search for this group based
on the groups distingushed name. The policy runs fine, but only the group i
created gets the 2nd domains email address, none of the users i put in this
group do. Do i have to create another recipient policy based on a user
attribute? this would mean that i would have to create two recipient
policies one for the group, because if i want to send an email to all
employees for the second domain i have to put these employees in a group.
This doesnt make much sence to me.

> Thanks for any help.

0
nicbas (128)

Best way to persist alter table changes in my local DB to web host
Hello. Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the web host DB and have "semi-automatically" apply the change to its copy of the table? dontspammenow@yahoo.com (dontspammenow@yahoo.com) writes: > Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of > the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do > an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the w...

EXCEL, VSTO: Fastest way to access multiple cells
Hi all, Can anybody help clarifying my issues? In one part of my Excel/VSTO application, I have to compare values of cells and assign a background color according to the result of the comparison. The code looks something like this: .... rng = wkSheet.Range("A1:Z1000") vals = Array(1000 * 26 ) ' same size as 'rng' Do ( for the whole range ) If vals(i, j) > XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 1 Else If vals(i, j) = XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 2 Else ' vals(i, j) < XXX Then rng(i, j).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End ...

Printer Error #3
The first time I print from the POS screen each day I get the following error: "Printer 'Ricoh PCL6' is not defined. Subsequent receipts will be printed to the default printer instead." Does anyone know the solution to correcting this problem? Thanks. The printer name in Register Properties does not match the actual name of the printer as defined in Windows "Printers and Faxes". Change the name in either of those places so that they do match and you should stop seeing the error. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek...

DMF 3.0 not working under Virtual PC or Virtual Server ?
Hi everyone, does somebody know if the DMF 3.0 won't work under Virtual PC or Virtual Server? I tried to import flatfiles (txt or csv) into MSCRM via DMF and it doesn't work at all. The CDF Staging DB has all the data from the flatfiles but the Migration doesn't work. No errors in logfile.. Maybe it's because of VPC? Any ideas? Greets from Germany, Romantischik I haven't tried it so I'm not sure, but it sounds unlikely to me that it wouldn't work on a VPC or Virtual Server. I know there are some language issues with DMF, but I'm no expert on that so ...

close multiple Excel workbooks simultaneously
I have a situation where I finish up with several separate workbooks open simultaneously. At the moment, I close them all one by one, manually. Is there a quicker way? Thanks, folks Hi Paul, With the Shift key depressed, select Close All on the File Menu. This option is only available in conjunction with the shift key. --- Regards, Norman "PaulRetired" <PaulRetired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:823C11FA-4FB3-47AD-AAD5-5EEA951490AA@microsoft.com... >I have a situation where I finish up with several separate workbooks open > simultaneously. At ...

how can I save a multiple page file as multiple JPEG's?
I created a 26 page doc in Pub2003, and want to save each page as a separate JPEG to upload to a site to create a photo book- They do not work with PDF's. How can I save each page separately? I know I can save the entire thing as a JPEG, and but I don't know how to save a page alone. Each page is many-layered and I can't seem to group all the multiple objects... how can you group a large number of objects on a page? I think if I could do that I could right-click and 'save as'. Thanks! -Joanna ...

Exchange 5.5
Hiya, I have a distribution list set up on my Exchange Server (5.5 with SP4, running on NT 4 SP6a) which only has 6 members. Over time though, as staff come and go, members have been added to this DL and then been removed at a later stage. I have a client who is reporting that when they try to email to the distribution list, they get two bounces. The first one is: "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es) /O=COMPANY/OU=EXCHANGE/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ADDRESS 1. Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an account" Where ADDRESS 1 is a user that, ...

Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!!
PREMIUM WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING!! -Word press Hosting -Unlimited Domains -Panel Hosting -Unlimited Blogs -$7,95 per month http://minyurl.com/237 ...

Replying with Multiple Accounts
Hi, Recently migrated a user from Outlook Express to Outlook XP. There is lots of pop accounts in his setup. When he received an email in OE, replying would go from the account it was sent from, and there was a drop down box that would allow you to choose an account to send mail from... What does Outlook offer for multiple accounts as he needs this feature... Thanks Marek It offers the same. You can use the Accounts dropdown to choose who you send from. Chris "Marek" <nospam@spam.spam> wrote in message news:uYZGaVaLFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Re...

Exchange not routing our domain emails to the internet
Hi, I have just setup a small exhange server using SBS 2003. All the clients have an email address of the form user@mydomain.com.au. These emails are collected using the POP Connector then routed through exchange. However there are other offices which have emails addresses of the form user@mydomain.com.au and ofcourse when we send emails to those addresses it seems that exchange attempts to send it internally rather then externally. The message bounces back with the error: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact th...

Multiple Scheduling
I have a pocket pc with outlook that I use to follow my school schedule. The only problem is there are 4 different types of schedule each in the same order but the class lengths are different. In addition, another problem is that there is no order to when the occur. Is there a way where I can toggle between two or more different recurring schedule? Thank you for your help Jonathan ...

multiple digits in a combobox
hello, i have an mfc CCombobox, which is populated with numeric data. For example: 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 14 18 i would like to user to be able to type 14 and have 14 selected. Currently when the user types 1 the box selects 10 and then when they type the 4, the 4 is selected. I currently have the object type set to Drop List. If I change to Drop Down, then 14 can be selected as described, but I dont want the user to be able to enter any numbers that arent in the list. For example, if they were to try to type 13, i want it to stay on 10. any ideas? are there any custom comboboxes that already...

I'm looking for finacial advice. #3
I'm looking for finacial advice. http://www.swoopon.com/Swoopon/money.htm ...

RMS 3.0
Does anyone know when 3.0 will be available ? Is there a beta to play with ? The Beta version is due in Q1 2008 with the release set later in the year but I think it is behind schedule. The HQ version will probably not be until 2009 By the way it won't be called RMS any more but something like Microsoft POS Express, Standard and Professional or something along those lines. Can't remember the exact names. "John Pierce" wrote: > Does anyone know when 3.0 will be available ? > > Is there a beta to play with ? > That is so far away. I don't think I can...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

Outlook password #3
For some reason I have to keep re inputing my password when I open Outlook. I have checked the save password icon and it never saves the password. Any suggestions? Thank you There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. If you're running Outlook 2002, the SP1 solves many of these, so start there. If not, here are some other solutions: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2...

How to have multiple mailbox in an outlook client
I am wondering how to configure multiple mailboxes in an outlook 2003 client, so I can monitor the others' email use in the office. Thanks! Assign yourself full mailbox access permissions to other mailbox and open it as additional mailbox in Outlook by going to More Settings (in Outlook properties) | Advanced | Open these additional mailboxes: -> | Add. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4CDF75C-5C71-4BCB-A068-C852EC4F06DF@...

Hosting Secure Site
Our business is in need of setting up a dealer portal website which needs to interact with our internal SQL/App server. I know SBS is not the place to host the site so setting up a virtual web server and putting it in some sort of DMZ is the plan thus far. I'm planning on running the site securely (https://) which will conflict with the SBS OWA and RWW. I'd perfer to use the same static IP address so how would I go about setting up and accessing the dealer site given that both will be on port 443? Could I just change the port of the dealer portal? (eg. https://mysite...

Customers receiving multiple workflow emails
We have a workflow in place that automatically emails customers upon order creation. Customers are reporting multiple emails for the same order. I confirmed this through Exchange message tracking. This doesn't occur with all order confirmations...but it does occur with more than one customer and more than one domain. Has anyone else seen anything like this? How can I troubleshoot the Exchange router? This workflow has been in place for over a year and has just started doing this. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you. use the workflow monitor to try and track the instance...

Issue with Windows 2008 Joining Windows 2003 Domain
Greetings, I have an Active Directory domain with two Windows Server 2003 32-bit machines as the domain contrallers (DC's). Right now, I'd like to order a new Windows Server 2008 64-bit machine to join to this domain as a third DC. Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with Win2003 and Win2008? Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with 32-bit and 64-bit? Do I need to do some preparation for the mixed environment? Any info would be appreciated, Ross Howdie! Ross schrieb: > Is there any known issue with domain controll...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Disclaimer in Exchange 2003 #3
Hi, Is there any option in Exchange 2003 to add a message (Just like Disclaimer or Signature) to all outgoing Messages without using any third party S/W. If no, is there any freeware software available to achive this. Please Help.. Thanks, Vineet The free GFI module? http://www.msexchange.org/news/Disclaimer_software_for_Exchange_Server_provided_free_by_GFI.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Vineet" <Vineet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1740AA0-078F-4898-BC8E-4BF8E8A6A117@mic...

Multiple Companies Simultaneous Updates
Is it possible to update multiple companies simultaneously on GP? For example I want to change an account on the CoA on several companies. Can I do this without having to login to each individual company? We are using GP v8. Thanks, Nawaz Nawaz: Email mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com - I believe they have some triggers for sale that allow you to do this with accounts, vendors, and customers. I am not sure of the price - but I believe those triggers will do what you want them too and update multiple databases. Shoot them an email as I am sure they can explain in better detail an...

Multiple recipents, multiple emails
We run Exchange 2003 in our organisation and are having problems with mail is sent to more than one recipient from external sources. If mail is sent to 4 users, each user receives 4 copies of the message, 3 goes to 3, 2 to 2 etc. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix? BigMan <BigMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We run Exchange 2003 in our organisation and are having problems with mail is >sent to more than one recipient from external sources. If mail is sent to 4 >users, each user receives 4 copies of the message, 3 goes to 3, 2 to 2 etc. >Ha...

How do I sort multiple columns of of numerical and alphanumerical.
Example: Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 1 9 09A1 0023 delete 3 11 11D4 1057 revise I would like to sort first on column 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. When I tried this, it messed up all the numbers in column 4. Help please Select all 5 columns then sort by column 1. Then sort by column 2 as first sort key, column 2 as second, and column 3 as third. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "slowmo" <slowmo@discus...