Hosting e-mail for multipel domain on singel exchange 2003

Hi,

I have a question regarding hosting e-mail for 30 diffrent domain (my
clients) on my singel exchange 2003 mail server.

I figure out that I have to setup a OU in my AD for each of my clients
and then create a new policy for each of this clients and filter this
to OU for each client, then I have to go to DNS of my client ( where
there Domain name is registerd) and change there MX record and point
it to my Exchange server.
Let me also add that there is no trust or VPN connetion between my
domain and domains of my clients and my mail server has Public IP and
Working for my own domain just fine.

So how should my clients configure there outlook (outlook XP and
Outlook 2003) to get there mail from my mail server?

Please let my know if Iam on right path.

Thanks

Shahin

If the clients want to use Outlook, you could have them use RPC over
HTTP(S) - requires Outlook 2003 clients running on Windows XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"shahin" <s_mortazave@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding hosting e-mail for 30 diffrent domain (my
> clients) on my singel exchange 2003 mail server.
>
> I figure out that I have to setup a OU in my AD for each of my clients
> and then create a new policy for each of this clients and filter this
> to OU for each client, then I have to go to DNS of my client ( where
> there Domain name is registerd) and change there MX record and point
> it to my Exchange server.
> Let me also add that there is no trust or VPN connetion between my
> domain and domains of my clients and my mail server has Public IP and
> Working for my own domain just fine.
>
> So how should my clients configure there outlook (outlook XP and
> Outlook 2003) to get there mail from my mail server?
>
> Please let my know if Iam on right path.
>
> Thanks
>
> Shahin

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/29/2007 1:40:16 PM
Hi Bharat,

Thanks for update,

You mean there is no othere way? then how the ISP's working? is it
possible to setup a POP3 virtual server for each clients?( I think
this would be my last chois).

On 29 jan, 14:40, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bha...@nospam.org> wrote:
> If the clients want to use Outlook, you could have them use RPC over
> HTTP(S) - requires Outlook 2003 clients running on Windows XP.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchangewww.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>
> "shahin" <s_mortaz...@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1170076857.017645.142540@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I have a question regarding hosting e-mail for 30 diffrent domain (my
> > clients) on my singel exchange 2003 mail server.
>
> > I figure out that I have to setup a OU in my AD for each of my clients
> > and then create a new policy for each of this clients and filter this
> > to OU for each client, then I have to go to DNS of my client ( where
> > there Domain name is registerd) and change there MX record and point
> > it to my Exchange server.
> > Let me also add that there is no trust or VPN connetion between my
> > domain and domains of my clients and my mail server has Public IP and
> > Working for my own domain just fine.
>
> > So how should my clients configure there outlook (outlook XP and
> > Outlook 2003) to get there mail from my mail server?
>
> > Please let my know if Iam on right path.
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Shahin- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Well, yes - POP3 & IMAP4 are certainly the other options, as is OWA if you
want to provide access through a browser.
--

> Hi Bharat,
>
> Thanks for update,
>
> You mean there is no othere way? then how the ISP's working? is it
> possible to setup a POP3 virtual server for each clients?( I think
> this would be my last chois).
>

> On 29 jan, 14:40, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bha...@nospam.org> wrote:
>> If the clients want to use Outlook, you could have them use RPC over
>> HTTP(S) - requires Outlook 2003 clients running on Windows
>> XP.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchangewww.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>
>> "shahin" <s_mortaz...@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:1170076857.017645.142540@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I have a question regarding hosting e-mail for 30 diffrent domain (my
>> > clients) on my singel exchange 2003 mail server.
>>
>> > I figure out that I have to setup a OU in my AD for each of my clients
>> > and then create a new policy for each of this clients and filter this
>> > to OU for each client, then I have to go to DNS of my client ( where
>> > there Domain name is registerd) and change there MX record and point
>> > it to my Exchange server.
>> > Let me also add that there is no trust or VPN connetion between my
>> > domain and domains of my clients and my mail server has Public IP and
>> > Working for my own domain just fine.
>>
>> > So how should my clients configure there outlook (outlook XP and
>> > Outlook 2003) to get there mail from my mail server?
>>
>> > Please let my know if Iam on right path.
>>
>> > Thanks
>>
>> > Shahin- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -- Tekst uit
>> > oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/29/2007 1:54:55 PM
That means I have to configuer for each of my some 60 clients create a
POP3 virtual server?
And if yes could direct me to some info on this subject.

Shahin

On 29 jan, 14:54, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bha...@nospam.org> wrote:
> Well, yes - POP3 & IMAP4 are certainly the other options, as is OWA if you
> want to provide access through a browser.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchangewww.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>
> "shahin" <s_mortaz...@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1170078523.759230.269690@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>

> > Hi Bharat,
>
> > Thanks for update,
>
> > You mean there is no othere way? then how the ISP's working? is it
> > possible to setup a POP3 virtual server for each clients?( I think
> > this would be my last chois).
>
> > On 29 jan, 14:40, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bha...@nospam.org> wrote:
> >> If the clients want to use Outlook, you could have them use RPC over
> >> HTTP(S) - requires Outlook 2003 clients running on Windows
> >> XP.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MVP - Exchangewww.zenprise.com
> >> NEW blog location:www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> >> ----------------------------------------------
>
> >> "shahin" <s_mortaz...@hotmail.com> wrote in
> >> messagenews:1170076857.017645.142540@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Printing postcards with a Mail merge
When printing, I can't get my merge to print correctly. One side is an informational side, the other is a is the address side which I have done a mail merge. I can not get it to print a different address on each postcard. It wants to print 1 of 2 ways: The front and back of the post card on one side or the fronts on one side and 2 of the same address on the reverse side. The only way that I seem to be able to get it print correctly is by having a separate document for the address side. Which defeats the ability to duplex this document. Is there something that I am not doing? Tha...

Auto update contact e-mails to address book distribution lists
I'm uploading about 2000 contacts adn mapping information to various fields. Can I change the way I view my ADDRESS book. I have been trying to change it so shows company (Last,First). I'm starting with a blank address book, changing the settings in tools/options and contacts before i import but it won't apply the changes... can anyone help? Importing with Outlook's Import Wizard is the worst way to create Contacts. The settings you specify for derived fields like "File As," "Full Name," and "Email Display As" will not be appli...

Mail Merge option isn't available.
I watched the video tutorial at this link; http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/demos/mod3.htm and it works on my computer which has the following; Vista 32 Office 2007 CRM Client 3.0.5300.0 + hotfix (CRM3.0-KB927751-Client-HotFix.exe) Another computer; XP 32bit SP3 Office 2003 CRM Client 3.0.5300.0 Doesn't get the option to Mail Merge directly from CRM when following the same procedure as the tutorial suggests. I suspect this is an environment issue with the XP machine, but I can't figure it out. Please help. Thanks! ...

Best way to persist alter table changes in my local DB to web host
Hello. Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the web host DB and have "semi-automatically" apply the change to its copy of the table? dontspammenow@yahoo.com (dontspammenow@yahoo.com) writes: > Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of > the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do > an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the w...

Exchange 5.5
Hiya, I have a distribution list set up on my Exchange Server (5.5 with SP4, running on NT 4 SP6a) which only has 6 members. Over time though, as staff come and go, members have been added to this DL and then been removed at a later stage. I have a client who is reporting that when they try to email to the distribution list, they get two bounces. The first one is: "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es) /O=COMPANY/OU=EXCHANGE/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ADDRESS 1. Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an account" Where ADDRESS 1 is a user that, ...

slow mail queue and bad time submission
I am running MS Exchange 2000 with SP3 on a Windows 2000 server SP4. I have one outbound queue which is normally delayed. All other outbound mail goes out fine. I also notice that the time submission is off by 2 months. I have checked the DNS lookup on the receipient address and it resolves fine. What seems to be the problem with the slow email for that one queue? Also, who controls the time submission as I have checked that all servers are running the proper time and date. ...

MS Exchangeal Errors, Event:8331
And I have this problem too. More details needed. zehner arnold wrote: > And I have this problem too. ...

Outlook 2003 Views #2
Hi, I am just really wondering how to make outlook 2003 create a view and force it to be used on all folders on all mailbox's ? and of course continue to force this view every time a folder is opened. Thanks James James Stevenson <james@stev.org> wrote: > I am just really wondering how to make outlook 2003 create a view and > force it to be used on all folders on all mailbox's ? and of course > continue to force this view every time a folder is opened. The techniques shown here usually work: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

install crm-exchange e-mail router
on stage of specify microsoft business solutions crm server, configure the server name then click Next, caught error One or more of the microsoft crm servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure all servers are running properly and try again. I logged in as domain administrator, so i guess privilege issue is out of scope here . Any idea/advise/ troubleshooting tips please? I appreciate that!!! I solved the problem. CRM server installation sets CRM site requiring secured access SSL (i dont know if it is by default, if so, ms instal...

Problem clicking on e-mail link in IE 7
When I am in IE 7 and trying to click on a link to someone (to send an e-mail, send a resume, reply to a posting on Craig's List, ect.), all I get is a error message stating the following,"Could not preform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed."&nbsp; I have tried going to the tools section of IE7 and going down to internet options and clicking on the programs tab and choosing internet programs and hitting the set programs button, then choosing set your default programs.&nbsp; Then I have seperately chosen both IE and Windows Mail and c...

How to disable Junk e-mail processing
Hi all One of my Outlook 2003 users is having problem disabling Junk e-mail processing. The reason she wants to disable this feature in Outlook 2003 is that OL keeps moving her important email to the Junk E-mail folder. Here is what I did in an attempt to disable this "smart" feature without success. 1. Under Junk E-mail Options, check "No Automatic filtering." 2. Clear all the Safe Senders list. 3. Clear all the Safe Recipients list. 4. Clear all the Blocked Senders list. Once a while, she will still finds her email in the Junk Folder. Is there a way to permanently...

Problem with Exchange 2003 Permissions
I have a 2003 installation which only has one mailbox database and one public folder database in the first storage group. the issue im having is that i cannot mount the public folders db with the error " The store could not be mounted because the active directory information was not replicated yet you cant either... press cancel or retry" and when I do a retry i got "The Microsoft exchange information store service could not find the specified object." ID no: c1041722 I googled a lot about this issue which is supposed to be a permissions issue but i had alre...

Detach AD account from Exchange 2003 mail account
Hi How does one detach a 2003/AD user account from a 2003 exchange mail account with out deleting either? Cheers In AD Users and Computers, Right click the account. Select Exchange Tasks. In the list of tasks to perform, select "Remove Exchange Attributes". Then in Exchange System Manager run the cleanup agent on the mailbox store (right click Mailboxes under the Mailbox Store). The mailbox should then show a red x next to it. The two are now detached. (You'll need to create a new user account for the mailbox if you still want mail to go to it or if you want it ...

Importing mail from Windows Mail to WLM
I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium. I successfully imported mail from Windows Mail to WLM but am unable to view the imported messages. Help! View | Layout | Folder Pane. Is: Show Storage Folders checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "len" <len@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D902CFE-2318-4345-9897-E66138F3AD4E@microsoft.com... >I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium. I successfully > imported mail from Windows Mail to WLM but am unable to view the...

Sending Blank E-Mails
For some strange reason, Outlook 2007 started sending all my e-mail as blanks. However, the receipient can click on REPLY to open. I have never used any type of signature, encrypted or initiated any kind of privacy measure. I have searched through all the commands, menus and toolbars but still can't figure this out. It seems as though this may be a private way to send e-mails. There were other problems so I reloaded Outlook 2007 and also clicked on DEFAULT SETTINGS. NOTHING CAN STOP IT! How do I turn this off? I have a large newsletter to send out and no one will get it. HELP! Th...

Exchange 2000 Retention Policy
Hi all, My retention policy is not functioning 100%. It will delete most messages, but not all. Some users report many messages retained older than 180 days old. My recipient policy is set on high priotiy and always running. I can't for the life of my figure out what is causing this. Just looking for ideas here. Note - all of these users accept default retention policy as well, already check that. This is Ex2000 Enterprise, running the latest and greatest. Thanks, Joshua MCSE:Messaging/Security ...

Restricting users to internal mail only
Scenario: A UK Secondary school with 250 staff and 2200 pupils A single Exchange 2003 server The staff at my school have been using Exchange for both internal and external mailing. I have been given the task of giving all pupils email usage but, for security reasons, only for use internally. Obviously the creation of the mail accounts and mailboxes is straightforward within Active Directory but I am perplexed as to how to stop the users either sending or receiving external mail. I am aware of the receiving restrictions in Exchange Tasks General within AD but have found ...

Outlook 2003 and YahooPOP
Sorry for asking this here. but other site doesn't support help. Does anyone know how to work YahooPOP? Like how do I make it so YahooPOP can download my mail and send it to Outlook? Also what do I put in for the Incoming mail(pop3) and outgoing mail(SMTP) In news:29B58CFA-F9BF-46F5-8882-CDFCEB87F057@microsoft.com, Jester9044 <Jester9044@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Sorry for asking this here. but other site doesn't support help. > Does anyone know how to work YahooPOP? Like how do I make it so > YahooPOP can download my mail and send it to Outlook?...

Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!!
PREMIUM WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING!! -Word press Hosting -Unlimited Domains -Panel Hosting -Unlimited Blogs -$7,95 per month http://minyurl.com/237 ...

Rebuild OAB in Exchange 2003
Hi. When I create a new user and mailbox the account does not show up in the OAB. I understand the reason is because we are using Outlook 2003 in cached mode. Is there a way to immediately update the OAB and push the change out. Do I need to rebuild the OAB in Exchange 2003 to make the changes immediate and have the user click Send/Receive to get the changes? What are the exact steps to rebuilding the OAB in Exchange 2003? Will it affect anything else? Thanks. Start Exchange System Manager and go to Recipients > Offline Address Lists. R-click on the Offline Address book on right a...

Outlook 2010 Mail with Custom Stationary
I have a customized stationary template add-in which works fine until I try to add in a signature at the close of an email. First it takes the entire body into the header color bar and then when I try to undo, the application crashes. This worked fine in 2003 version but now I have to manually enter a signature. Any thoughts or suggestions? ...

E-Mail Attachments in Templates
Does anyone know if it is possible to add an attachment to an email template? This is to use with the direct email feature. If so how can I do this? Thanks in advance Hi CJ, There is no way in MSCRM v1.x to do this. The best approach would be to include a URL in the email that links to a document on your companies website. Regards, Alex -- This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights. "cj-" wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to add an attachment to an email template? > This is to use with the direct email feature. > If so how can I...

Hosting Secure Site
Our business is in need of setting up a dealer portal website which needs to interact with our internal SQL/App server. I know SBS is not the place to host the site so setting up a virtual web server and putting it in some sort of DMZ is the plan thus far. I'm planning on running the site securely (https://) which will conflict with the SBS OWA and RWW. I'd perfer to use the same static IP address so how would I go about setting up and accessing the dealer site given that both will be on port 443? Could I just change the port of the dealer portal? (eg. https://mysite...

e.mail
by mistake i have placed a block on on of my friends e.mails to me,how could i unblock this?? regards suly Did you place your friend into the Junk Senders.TXT file? "suly" <sales@adamsons.net> wrote in message news:09f601c36bfd$e741c150$a001280a@phx.gbl... > by mistake i have placed a block on on of my friends > e.mails to me,how could i unblock this?? regards > suly ...

Mailing list database
I have created a mailing list in word 2007 doing the steps instructed. But when I go to merge the information so that I can make labels I keep getting a message that Word does not know what application created it. Word created it it self why can't it read it's own application? See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Sourceā€ at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally pos...