Hosted Exchange and Entourage

All -

Entourage X, with the Exchange add-on, is an ugly beast.  Why Microsoft
opted to shaft Mac users with Entourage, I don't know.

If I'm right, and doing things right, after configuring the Exchange account
in Entourage, it actually does two things:
1) Create an IMAP 4 connection to Exchange, shadowing each folder.  This
creates a second calendar folder (one in entourage, the other as a subfolder
in the IMAP4 store).
2) Uses WebDAV to do calendar integration/interaction.

I understand there's no MAPI on the Mac.  I do.  But this is just UGLY.  Two
calendar folders, and klugy integration.  Am I missing something?

That said, does anyone know of a good hosting company that supports
Entourage against Exchange? VPN connectivity is fine if required.

Mike :)

0
mreed (1)

Why not use OWA, at least it looks like Outlook 2003 and
has quite a few of its' features.  You could also use
VirtualPC and run Outlook 2003 inside a Windows VM on your
Mac.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

0
anonymous (74721)

website hosting
Here is the link to the web hosting company that I use for my 3 sites. http://frontpage-web-hosting.org/ ...

Exchange Server Unavailable
One of the 9 clients on our network (running Win95) is having problems with Outlook 2000 locating our Exchange Server 5.5 (Exchange is loaded onto our Domain controller which is running NT4.0). You must click the Retry button 2-3 times before it will finally connect (about 5 min.). I have tried the following: -Ensuring that DNS is configured correctly -Disabling Wins -Adding Exchange server IP address and host name to the hosts file -Changing the port that the cable is plugged into in the Network Switch -Switching the NIC -Switching out the cabeling with new cabling -Running "Pi...

Exchange crashes during backup
Hello! A friend has a client running Exchange 2003 Standard on Windows Server 2003 Standard, all patches except SP1. The DC is also 2003. Veritas Backup Exec 9.1.4691.1 SP2 is running with remote agents (same version as main server) for Exchange, SQL, and Lotus Notes. Only the Exchange server gives us problems, and not every night. The DC is running SAVCE 9 and so is the Exchange server (as an antivirus server), with scanning of pertinent Exchange folders excluded according to Symantec's instructions. Maybe once a week, not on the same day, shortly after the backup starts, the Exc...

Exchange & Qmail
Hi, Right now i am using q-mail. We are slowing moving to Exchange. I would still like to land all mails on q-mail server from there i want to route to Exchange. Please suggest how i go about this. Also pls let me know if it is recommended & issues if any. Thanks in Advance Alex How about this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us Nue "AlexRabbi" <AlexRabbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A28B2131-2C22-4941-B3D5-94E1AEB2CFD5@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Right now i am using q-mail. > > We are slowing moving to Exchange. > ...

Strange font problem after converting from Notes to Exchange 2003
After running a test conversion from Lotus Notes (using the MS Migrator) to Exchange 2003, most of the email messages came through fine but some did not. ANY message that was in Arial font in Notes ends up being 254pt Courier in Exchange. (freakin' huge!). I have not gone live yet so I have a chance to try again if I can figure out how to fix it. My Research thus far: My first assumption was that it could not identify the Arial font but that's dumb because ALL machines know Arial (including this one). I've looked at the machine in which the conversion took place and all ...

Exchange 2003 Global Rules
I would like to be able to set "global" rules to copy all incoming and outgoing messages with a four digit number in the suject line to a specified public folder. I believe this is possible through an event sink script file. I am not opposed to third party software if necessary. Or even building the scripts or whatever myself. I would need it to have the same sort of functionality as the Rules Wizard on the local outlook client but global for all users, a plus would be if i could assign security/distribution groups in ad to certain "rules". Any ideas? -- Ted Glass...

3.0 and Hosted Solutions
2 questions: 1. Since CRM 3.0 is offered in a SPLA, I assume you can host multiple companies on one server? 2. Is there a paper, describing how to set this up and support it? ...

Exchange 2003
Aloha Everyone, I recently migrated my employer from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. With 5.5 user initials could successfully be used in the "To:" field to address an email. These user initials are set as aliases. Now however, because some users initials match the beginning of other users smtp addresses, Exchange prompts to choose from a list of possible users. For instance in the past JM would successfully send to John Miller. Now with 2003, Exchange can't figure out if JM is for John Miller (Whose alias is "JM"), or Jim Mulligan (whose smtp addy begins with JM) or John M...

Outlook 2003 Cached Exchange Mode!!!
I have a laptop with WinXP and Office 2003. Outlook is setup for exchange on a LAN. When I enable Cached Exchange Mode on this system, I am not able to view any emails in the inbox or any other folder for that matter. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how did you fix it? Help!!! Is Outlook trying to sync/load the cache? Tommy wrote: > I have a laptop with WinXP and Office 2003. > Outlook is setup for exchange on a LAN. > When I enable Cached Exchange Mode on this system, > I am not able to view any emails in the inbox or any > other folder for that matter. > Has...

Changing NetBios Name of Front End Exchange Server
If DNS is updated correctly, does anyone know of any problems changing the name of a Front End Exchange 2000 server? I recently started at this company, and their Front End Exchange Server has an "_" character in it. I would like to remove it or at least change it to a "-". Thanks. On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:43:01 -0800, "JohnnyCG" <JohnnyCG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If DNS is updated correctly, does anyone know of any problems changing the >name of a Front End Exchange 2000 server? > >I recently started at this company, and thei...

Global Addresslist Exchange 2003
Hi! How can I easy "publish" the global addresslist to my users? I can´t see it in outlook under Common map... there´s only the Newsgroup thing.. -- Best Regards Niklas Banck I don't understand the question. Outlook running against an Exchange server will automatically have access to the Global Address List. In Outlook, simply go to the Address Book. There is nothing extra that you have to do. What do you see when you open the Address Book from Outlook? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedbur...

VSS and Exchange
Hi all can I move the exchange store to a disk that is using Volume Shadow Copy? Is there any interaction between the two? Thanks VSS doesn't work on Exchange unless you are using a compatible VSS backup provider. So, if your backup provider is not compatible, the Exchange stores simply won't be included in the snapshot (as I understand it). Check with your backup vendor (this may include certain types of SAN and NAS snapshot technology) to see if they support Exchange. The Volume Shadow Copy Service that's built in to Windows will not work. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Exchange 2010 Site Resilience
Hi Folks I've read all the whitepapers but it still isn't clear. Here is what I thought was a simple question, but I dont seem to be able to find a clear answer: Say we have a single DAG with members split across 2 physical sites, lets say 2 members in the primary DC and 1 member in the secondary DC. The FSW is configured to reside in the primary DC (Highest number of users) DAC mode is enabled All DAG members will contain active databases as there will be a couple of hundred users locally based at the second DC. The second DC is not a pure DR site. When the WAN g...

Need to Change Hosts File
Running Windows XP SP3. Computer recently got infected. Found trace of virus in the HOSTS file. It will not let me make changes to the HOSTS file or delete it. I compared Hosts file characteristics with another computer that is not infected. On the clean computer it is classified as a File compared to a System File on the infected plus the attribute is set for Read-Only on the infected. I manually changed it to read-write but still cannot make changes or delete it. Thanks. Manny Make sure the system is completely clean. Try to do the same in Safe mode. You can also t...

Exchange events not firing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5A4FE.1FC54E80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I have an Exchange server and an application that relies on Exchange = events being fired on a folder when items are added/deleted. This has been working fine, but now the events do not appear to be = firing. I have checked that permissions on the mailbox and the event = handler in COM+ are fine, and there is still a SystemMaibox on the = server that looks OK (although how do I tell?) The only chan...

Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!!
PREMIUM WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING!! -Word press Hosting -Unlimited Domains -Panel Hosting -Unlimited Blogs -$7,95 per month http://minyurl.com/237 ...

Exchange 2000 restore problem
Hi! I am unable to restore and activate a public folder file in exchange server 2000. with backup, the restore seems to work as I read in the help file, the pub.edb and pub.stm are restored, but I cannot activate the folder in the system manager. Ther error message I get is: ID: c1041724, internal error; the program tells me to close and reopen the system manager and restart the information store service, but that doesn't work. Any advices?? Thanks in advance, Peter Is your Pub store mounting?? I assume not. After trying to mount the store look in your app log it should tell you why...

smart host ideas
Hello, My ISP was recently placed in a black list. I was told that I could get around this problem using smart host for my email. Can anyone recommend me a provider that offers smart host? Thanks. Hi, to make it eaysier... Tells us, where are you from? ;-) cheers, Andy <jcharth@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1120670882.940805.20160@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > My ISP was recently placed in a black list. I was told that I could > get around this problem using smart host for my email. Can anyone > recommend me a provider that offers s...

Exchange 5.5 services trouble
Thanks to all, who helps me with my problem. I accomplish all the stages and it works now. But then I found an interesting article on MS knowledge base: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q163686/ <cite> What to Do If the Service Account Is Deleted .... The only recommended solution to this problem is to restore the Windows NT Security Accounts Manager (SAM) database from a recent backup. This restores the deleted service account with its original SID value and all of the Exchange Server services can start. If a backup of the SAM database is not available, the only other alternati...

Add content of mails of a .pst file to public folders of Exchange 2003
Hi to all! I�m building a news sever with exchange 2003. I have a database of mails in a .pst file . I need enter this database in the public folders of the Exchange server but I don�t know how do it. Could please assist me with this problem? Thanks in advance Regards. David On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:59:15 +0200, "David Nemeh�" <david.vilarino@exactsoftware.com> wrote: >Hi to all! >I�m building a news sever with exchange 2003. I have a database of mails in >a .pst file . I need enter this database in the public folders of the >Exchange server but I don�t know ...

MSExchangeAL Error on Exchange 2000
Hello All, I am just getting an error that goes something like this... I have found some information with this error for 2003 but nothing for 2000. I just finished trying to re-apply post sp3 update and cycled the box. Can anyone help with this error on exchange 2000??? Bob Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Address List Synchronization Event ID: 8331 Date: 5/24/2006 Time: 11:32:13 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at m:\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4664) For more information, click h...

Internal processing error ocurred_restart Exchange System manager,Exchange SysR
Internal processing error ocurred_restart Exchange System manager,ExchangeInformationStore Service OR Both. I cant't get it to start lox disk space on that partition... ...

Immediate revocation of Exchange Access
I have a user that I need to immediately block use of Outlook and exchange for security purposes. Any suggestions? tomweho@hotmail.com ..357 magnum ?? under ad user and computers you can dsable most of exchange features. under exchange advanced, you can remove read and full control to this mailbox to self user. i guess this is it hth Pedro Leite ------------------------------------------ "Exchange Groups" <tomweho@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:ui%23NQXWkGHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user that I need to immediately block use of Outlook and e...

SPAM and Exchange 2003
As we all know, SPAM is one of the things most administrators are forced to deal with. From the server side to the users desktops. What are the tools that Microsoft Exchange 2003 provide in dealing with this? We get the usual Viagara, Penis Enlargement, and sex SPAM mails. We would like to avoid having to run to each and every desktop to create a rule. Please Help!!! ...

Exchange Front End Backup Frequency
Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End Exchange 2003 Standard 2003 AD native/native Front end has empty store mounted for SMTP forwarding. What frequncy would you recommend backing up the front end server since it holds no real changing data? Can I get away with once every week? (hopefully) Backend has sufficient backups every day in place. Thanks for your help, Harry On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:34:14 -0400, "Harry Bates" <harry@NOSPAMrocksystems.net> wrote: >Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End >Exchange 2003 Standard >2003 AD native/native &...