host unreachable on some domains

My exchange 5.5 (sp4) server on NT4.0 (sp6) was receiving and sending
mails. Without change anything on it, the server failed to send mails
to two domains (...so far).

Inbound mail from internet works fine. Local recipient send and
receive are fine. All emails to other domains has no problem.

I've done NSlook up test to those queuing mail destinations, no
problem. My server is not blacklisted.  Port 25 is not using by other
applications. Sendinhg email out by command line works.

In the queue, Messages awaiting to be delivered, detail of the mail
says, "Host unreachable".

All advises much appreciated.
0
kokogz (1)

Best way to persist alter table changes in my local DB to web host
Hello. Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the web host DB and have "semi-automatically" apply the change to its copy of the table? dontspammenow@yahoo.com (dontspammenow@yahoo.com) writes: > Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of > the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do > an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the w...

Exchange 5.5
Hiya, I have a distribution list set up on my Exchange Server (5.5 with SP4, running on NT 4 SP6a) which only has 6 members. Over time though, as staff come and go, members have been added to this DL and then been removed at a later stage. I have a client who is reporting that when they try to email to the distribution list, they get two bounces. The first one is: "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es) /O=COMPANY/OU=EXCHANGE/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ADDRESS 1. Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an account" Where ADDRESS 1 is a user that, ...

Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!!
PREMIUM WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING!! -Word press Hosting -Unlimited Domains -Panel Hosting -Unlimited Blogs -$7,95 per month http://minyurl.com/237 ...

Hosting Secure Site
Our business is in need of setting up a dealer portal website which needs to interact with our internal SQL/App server. I know SBS is not the place to host the site so setting up a virtual web server and putting it in some sort of DMZ is the plan thus far. I'm planning on running the site securely (https://) which will conflict with the SBS OWA and RWW. I'd perfer to use the same static IP address so how would I go about setting up and accessing the dealer site given that both will be on port 443? Could I just change the port of the dealer portal? (eg. https://mysite...

hosts file
Hi all, After I modified HOSTS file in another directory I can not replace the one on windows/system32/drivers/etc. He account I use is administrator. I have windows vista home premiun SP1. By the way a virus altered HOSTS file and can not connect to internet with firefox, I added 127.0.0.1 to the file in order to make it work. Thanks a lot for any help. perhaps a freeware called spybot can help. first immunize then go to the tools section and see if the hosts file is visiable. in any case here is some more info: http://tinyurl.com/yafnssc -- db���...

Exchange + Domain Troubles.
E2K3 on E2K. I have 6 email servers, 4 mailbox, one front end and one Public Folder. I have 5 domain controllers, all are global catalogs. The DC next to the email servers gets backed up ane rebooted on Wednesday night. It drives my exchange servers crazy for the time the DC is rebooting. I get plenty of RFR directory service and FRS errors. I think it has to do with (Servers, Server, right click Properties, Directory Access) I only have the one DC listed. Should I manually add the other DCs to calm the exchange servers? Thanks, Fred Yes....do you have it set to automatically...

Hosted exchange opinions
Can anyone comment on hosted exchange services as compared to stand-alone Outlook (not in a server) and Outlook on an in-house server? Would a hosted exchange service make sense for just 2-3 PCs who want to share a calendar and some contact folders? Any major drawbacks? Any feedbakc oni specific hosts? What about SherWeb? http://www.sherweb.com/) Thanks a bunch If you need to share outlook content, including calendars and email, or need to access calendar, contacts, and email from anywhere, hosted exchange makes a lot of sense - even for a single user. IMHO, cost is the only drawback...

send to some domain fail
I send to some domain XXX@XXX.gov.hk is fail ~ but no return mail and they have no receive. what is that problems ? Hi Daniel, From your exchange server can you telnet to port 25 of the mail server of the domain in question? From your exchange server can you do a successful nslookup of the domain's mx record? Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "daniel" <anonymou...

Sort by domain?
Anyone know of a way to sort stuff in the inbox by sending domain name.....? NOT by email address, but the domain... Thanks, Bob ...

Merging two domains
I have the following situation: Domain A was purchased by Domain B. If the CEO from Domain A wants to be able to send emails from both domains (while only using outlook) before we can migrate domains into one. What would be the best solution? Create a user account for the CEO on domain B and have him use POP3 in outlook? As far as I know outlook only allows you to have 1 exchange server account setup, right? Any other ideas? "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04631683-6BE8-41FB-B851-9939C38BAE5B@microsoft.com... >I have the following situa...

This is not a relay host
We have a distribution group that contains external contacts. When someone from that group receives an email and does a reply it sends the email back to our exchange server but then they get an ndr because the exchange server returns the error "This is not a relay host - mail must be to or from host domain" as it wont then send on the email to the rest of the external contacts contained in the distribution group. Do I just need to add the domain name to the relay restrictions list under the access tab on the smtp virtual server? Thanks in advance Is this an Outlook distribution...

How to change email domain name??
Hi, Currently I am using SBS2003 with Exchange 2003. I have configured my email domain name as "domain.net", and all works fine, but now, by company reasons, I need to change the name of the email domain to "domain.com". To receive email there is no problem because I am using POP connector. And to internal mail there is no problem because my internal domain does not change. But to send I need to change the email domain name. How can I accomplish this with no problems?? I hope you understand me. Thanks in advance. -- ------------------------------------------------------...

VBScript and Script Host
Hello, I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the correct group to Post. I am planning to develop an application where the users will be given provisions to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning to use VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows). Does WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script and script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an application with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it commercial ? Thanks and Regards Ram Interestin...

OWA Child Domain FE/BE
We currently have server1.childC.domain.com acting as a FE server for our forest. Next is server2.childA.domain.com as a BE and also server3.childB.domain.com as a BE. We are trying to access OWA via the FE server to access mailboxes on the server3 childB domain BE, but the screen hangs on loading....We can access the mailboxes in server2 childA domain BE with no trouble from the same PC. Thanks in advance. ...

the peer's stratum is less then the host stratum
I am getting a "The peer's stratum is less then the host stratum." Whenever I try to synchronize the time. What's going on? -- Demoman Paullllll wrote: > I am getting a "The peer's stratum is less then the host stratum." Whenever > I try to synchronize the time. What's going on? Loosely, it means that the Windows Time service deems your workstation to be a more accurate clock than the time server you have selected so it won't sync to the less accurate clock. Can you run the following command at a command prompt and post the ...

How to have external contacts with same domain as Exchange???
Hi all, Preface: I have Exchange Svr 2003 with Outlook 2003. Suppose that my domain is @probe.net. I have one central office and a lot of external offices. The exchange server is only used to send-receive messages into the central office. (To receive I am using the POP connector to obtain messages from my ISP, and to send I am using the Exchange Server). External offices read messages directly from the ISP. Well. The problem is: - All the external offices have email adresses with the same domain @probe.net. When I add contacts to GAL with the email address of the external offices, and sen...

Accept relayed mail to our domain.....
Is there a feature that prevents exchange from accepting email DESTINED for our domain if it has been relayed from elsewhere? Careerbuilder is relaying email to us as and we are the destination, but it is bouncing off our server. What would cause this? The email address accepts mail from other domains no problem. Thanks in advance, CB Can we see the [full unedited, with just e-mail addresses removed] bounce? CB wrote: > Is there a feature that prevents exchange from accepting email DESTINED for > our domain if it has been relayed from elsewhere? > > Careerbuilder is relayi...

External Mail addresses with same domain name
We have some POP3 mail account that are hosted remotely, however they have the same domain name as the internal addresses. Therefore the problem is that when internal users try and send to the external users exchange sends back an error saying address not found, unstead of sending it external. In 5.5 you could setup an external User and it worked fine, but in 2003 it doesn't work the same. Any suggestions? In Exchange 2000 you can configure SMTP servers with the option to forward messages with unresolved recipient names (within the same domain) to a specific host or IP address. ...

Rename domain name
I have 2 servers, Server1: Windows server 2003 Active Directory (Domain Controller) DNS server Exchange server 2003 SQL Server 2000 SP3 settings for LCS 2005 SP1 Server2: Windows server 2003 member of server1 (joined) Exchange server 2003 LCS 2005 SP1 I want to rename the domain name from home.domain.com to 123.com... I'm usign Exchange server 2003, SQL Server 2000 SP3 and LCS 2005 SP1... Is it possible? how? I recall that in Windows 2003 there is a way to modify the domain name, however, I also recall that it's sort of like brain surgery, if you don't REALLY Have to, don&#...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

seperate servers on email domain
Hi, I've got 3 sites, with there own exchange servers serving there own email domains etc, all loverly, now weve almalgimated, and have got a new email domain, adding a policy to add the address etc is no issue, and pointing the domain to one of the exchanges is easy enough, but where/how do i get my exchange to say ok, that users not on me, must be one of the other 2.. eventually these will all be in a common NT domain etc so no issue then... any pointers... cheers You may want to do this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315511 (setup centralized domain sharing - one Forest act...

Backing Up System State On Alternate Domain Controllers
The organization I work for has Server 2003 three domain controllers, one for each location. The main location's DC holds all the key roles, so I'm under the understanding that backing up the system state of this server is going to capture all the Active Directory objects. What I'm wondering, at this point, is if there's any reason to backup the system states of the remote DCs. The connection is a VPN over DSL, so you can well imagine that it's not a big pipe, and it usually takes hours to back them up (which I do once a week as part of the full backup). What I...

Getting 5.6.1 rejected by remote host errors when routing out via connector
Hi, We have an SMTP connector (using a Smarthost, not DNS) in our Exchange 2003 org that will route out mail that it does not find a recipient for for a certain domain in Recipient Policy. Let's call it: domain.com So if no one in our Active Directory has the email address someone@domain.com it will route that mail out via this connector directly to an Exim mail server that currently hosts the rest of the mailboxes (We are in a migration stage, getting the Exim users over to Exchange 2003). It is running Exim 4.43 (that's what it says when I telnet to it). Not all mail is getting t...

Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!! #2
Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting Host Gator provides Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting solutions. Our services are designed for both beginners and professionals. All of our shared plans include a 99.9% uptime guarantee, 24/7 support and a 45-day money back guarantee. CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE SITE!!!! http://minyurl.com/237 ...

create a rewrite rule for the domain name?
Hi all, I've a scenario where I receive an email to a distribution list on my exchange 2003 server from a paging service - skytel.com - that is distributed to local support reps as well as needs to go back out to another page at the same skytel.com paging service. skytel.com sees the message coming from skytel.com and doesnt accept it. Is there a way for me to set up a scenario where I change who the orginal message is coming from or change the domainname when sending back out to skytel.com so it will accept it? I looked at trying to set up a rule on a mailbox but they all forwar...