Host another AD domain's email on Exchange 5.5/2003

Problem: I need to host the email for a small subsidiary  who is in
their own AD forest and currently using a hosted email service that
will be going away mid-next year.  I currently use Exchange 5.5 in my
domain and I feel confident that I can setup them up with a
domain-trust and host their email on my Exchange box.  However I am
also going to be migrating to Exchange 2003 next year.

Questions:  Can I go ahead and set this up, or (as I'm suspecting)
would it be better to hold off on setting this up until after
completing the Exchange 2003 migration?

Thanks,

Kumbi

0
fxdr-m1i0 (1)

"Kumbi" <fxdr-m1i0@dea.spamcon.org> wrote:

>Problem: I need to host the email for a small subsidiary  who is in
>their own AD forest and currently using a hosted email service that
>will be going away mid-next year.  I currently use Exchange 5.5 in my
>domain and I feel confident that I can setup them up with a
>domain-trust and host their email on my Exchange box.  However I am
>also going to be migrating to Exchange 2003 next year.
>
>Questions:  Can I go ahead and set this up, or (as I'm suspecting)
>would it be better to hold off on setting this up until after
>completing the Exchange 2003 migration?

In Exchange 5.5, the NT User Account is a property of the mailbox in
the directory. In the AD, the mailbox is a property of the user. So,
while making this work with Exchange 5.5 is pretty easy, doing in with
the AD is a bit more complicated.

You'll have to create "mailbox-enabled disabled users" in YOUR forest
and then give the ACTIVE user in the trusted domain (or forest) the
"Read permissions", "Full mailbox access", and "Associated external
account" rights on the mailbox.

You can find information on the different multi-forest configuration
stuff at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Sync Issues Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000
We've got a number of remote users who up until recently have bene working fine with synchronising mailboxes at home, then suddenly all users end up doing a full sync taking ages instead of a normal. Is there a setting on the serve that could of changed? Paul ...

Adding Columns in Excel
This one is tricky: I need to calc subtotals based on various information with a cell or group of cells. This is how it works: Column A has a heading of CIF (customer info). Column E has a heading for APP type (checking, savings, cd, loans, credit reserve). Column I is for a subtotal of deposits (i.e., checking + savings + cd) and Column J is for a subtotal of loans (i.e., loans + credit reserve) If a customer has 7 CIF records and within that they have 5 checking accounts, 2 savings and 1 cd, I need the deposit total for that; and 2 loans and 1 credit reserve, I need the loan total for ...

Best way to persist alter table changes in my local DB to web host
Hello. Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the web host DB and have "semi-automatically" apply the change to its copy of the table? dontspammenow@yahoo.com (dontspammenow@yahoo.com) writes: > Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of > the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do > an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the w...

Email attachments #4
Is their a way of removing attachments from received email, after downloading the attachment, and saving only the message? Right click on the attachment and click on "Remove"! "IJN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000901c3a6ec$7de68d60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is their a way of removing attachments from received > email, after downloading the attachment, and saving only > the message? ...

How best to handle non-CRM user email address for campaigns, track
We running 4.0, and are interested in taking advantage of some of the new email campaign features. We'd like to send out these emails from an email address that is not necessarily the CRM user's primary email address, or goes to a different inbox. How can we do this? We are finding this need quite a bit. For instance, our customer support team would like to track emails to and from customersupport@mycompany.com instead of their own primary addresses, but can't figure out how to do that. we are running CRM 4.0 with the CRM email router service running on our exchange serv...

Outlook 2003 Favorite Folders
Hi Is there anyway to remove the Favorite Folders pane from the navigation pane in Outlook 2003? Thanks Mani Not in mail view. However, you can switch to Folder List view by clicking the Folder list button and you won't see Favorite Folders there. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "M." <kohlim@bsci.com> wrote in message news:e43801c3f018$643e6d40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there anyway to remove the Favorite Folders pane from >...

Copying a range to another sheet
I have a central data sheet. It has a cell with =TODAY() in it, so it changes with the months, and shifts lit cells around according to dates and workdays. Is there a way to not only save this dynamic data sheet at the end of each day in its current state, but to archive this data to another master sheet as well, so that data is not lost when the month changes? For instance, I only need to save data in column A, C, and G to a range designated for January on a master sheet in the same workbook. When =TODAY() switches to February, I'd like to automatically archive a new month of da...

Exchange 5.5
Hiya, I have a distribution list set up on my Exchange Server (5.5 with SP4, running on NT 4 SP6a) which only has 6 members. Over time though, as staff come and go, members have been added to this DL and then been removed at a later stage. I have a client who is reporting that when they try to email to the distribution list, they get two bounces. The first one is: "Unable to deliver message to the following address(es) /O=COMPANY/OU=EXCHANGE/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ADDRESS 1. Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This user doesn't have an account" Where ADDRESS 1 is a user that, ...

Adding new form to a MFC.exe application (how?)
Hi, I moved from VC6 to VC7.1 and most of the IDE has changed. I used to be able to add a new form bia RH clicking on the project (from ClassView) and then selecting new Form. Anyone knows how I can add a new form to my papplication under VC71? mtia I was not aware that 'forms' existed in VS6. Dialogs, yes. VS7 was designed by an idiot, who had no idea how people actually program. It is a prime example of incompetent design coupled with irresponsible design reviews. joe On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:36:19 +0000 (UTC), "E.T. Grey" <nebula@alpha-centauri.com> ...

Receiving the following error when trying to send or reply to an email
OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:74680000. Registers: EAX=00ff3c28 CS=017f EIP=74680000 EFLGS=00010206 EBX=00ff34d4 SS=0187 ESP=0056e988 EBP=0056ebb4 ECX=00690056 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=326f EDX=000124b7 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: Tried everything I can think of including removing office 2000-sr1 completely and reinstalling. Nothing seems to make a difference. OS is Win98 2nd Edition patched to current. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick Anyone? ...

Outlook 2003 and YahooPOP
Sorry for asking this here. but other site doesn't support help. Does anyone know how to work YahooPOP? Like how do I make it so YahooPOP can download my mail and send it to Outlook? Also what do I put in for the Incoming mail(pop3) and outgoing mail(SMTP) In news:29B58CFA-F9BF-46F5-8882-CDFCEB87F057@microsoft.com, Jester9044 <Jester9044@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Sorry for asking this here. but other site doesn't support help. > Does anyone know how to work YahooPOP? Like how do I make it so > YahooPOP can download my mail and send it to Outlook?...

Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!!
PREMIUM WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING!! -Word press Hosting -Unlimited Domains -Panel Hosting -Unlimited Blogs -$7,95 per month http://minyurl.com/237 ...

duplicate emails
I recently switched from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook for my emails.The problem is I get two copies of all emails sent to me. This is a pain. I may have accidentally changed a setting somewhere but I can't resolve the problem. Any suggestions??????????? Thanks, Chuck ...

Customers receiving multiple workflow emails
We have a workflow in place that automatically emails customers upon order creation. Customers are reporting multiple emails for the same order. I confirmed this through Exchange message tracking. This doesn't occur with all order confirmations...but it does occur with more than one customer and more than one domain. Has anyone else seen anything like this? How can I troubleshoot the Exchange router? This workflow has been in place for over a year and has just started doing this. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you. use the workflow monitor to try and track the instance...

Issue with Windows 2008 Joining Windows 2003 Domain
Greetings, I have an Active Directory domain with two Windows Server 2003 32-bit machines as the domain contrallers (DC's). Right now, I'd like to order a new Windows Server 2008 64-bit machine to join to this domain as a third DC. Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with Win2003 and Win2008? Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with 32-bit and 64-bit? Do I need to do some preparation for the mixed environment? Any info would be appreciated, Ross Howdie! Ross schrieb: > Is there any known issue with domain controll...

Stop auto-receive of email?
Outlook 2003 I know this is simple but I can't find it in help. How do I disable automatic receiving of email? I only want Outlook to check for mail when I tell it to. It would be nice if it would send my email when I click the send button though. Thanks in advance... Bob Disable Automatic polling here: Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:2FgRg.5261$rg1.4731@dukeread01... > Outlook 2003 > > I know this is simple but I c...

adding text in front of
Hi, I would like to insert a common beginning in front of all my lines of text on a certain collum . How do I do that , my text being different on each lines example from Bob to - Bob -- Our website : http://timmins22.adventistchurchconnect.org/index.php Our Bible School : http://www.discoveronline.org/schools/647 try Sub adddash() mc=activecell.column lr=cells(rows.count,mc).end(xlup).row For Each c In range(cells(2,mc),cells(lr,mc)) If Len(c) > 1 Then c.Value = "- " & c Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

Multiple recipents, multiple emails
We run Exchange 2003 in our organisation and are having problems with mail is sent to more than one recipient from external sources. If mail is sent to 4 users, each user receives 4 copies of the message, 3 goes to 3, 2 to 2 etc. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix? BigMan <BigMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We run Exchange 2003 in our organisation and are having problems with mail is >sent to more than one recipient from external sources. If mail is sent to 4 >users, each user receives 4 copies of the message, 3 goes to 3, 2 to 2 etc. >Ha...

importar emails y cuentas desde Outlook Express 6 a Windows Mail
Me acabo de comprar un laptop con Windows Vista, mi anterior Laptop tenia XP y usaba el Outlook Express 6 y necesito pasar todos esos emails a Windows Mail, alguien me puede explicar como?? ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Another Combo box problem
Hi, In my LineOrders sub-form, I have two combo boxes. The first is to select the type of product and the second, the product from the list of products that should be updated from the 1st selection. But my second combo will not update to what I want. I tried to change the Row Source property but there are no apostrophes in that string so I do not know how to write the new query. Actually, I have this (in the Row Source of the 2nd combo): SELECT tblProduit.IdProduit, tblProduit.IdTypeProduit, tblProduit.Description FROM tblTypeProduit INNER JOIN tblProduit ON tblTypeProduit.IdTyp...

Help me!! Copying text from File to another automatically
I need to figure out how to copy text information from a cell on on sheet to a nother cell on another sheet and/or file. I don't want t use cut and paste. I can easily get values to copy but I can't seem t figure out text -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you copy the cell it should copy text or numbers =sheet1!a1 range("a34")=sheets("sheet1").range("a1") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rhollemans >" <<rhollemans.17ya9z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rhollemans.17ya9z@excelforum-...

Exchange Archiving Solutions
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with either KVS or EAS for Exchange archiving. We're evaluating both at the present time, and they're pretty comparable for our environment with a slight edge to KVS. Particularly interested in PST migration, seamless integration with Outlook for end users and quick/accurate retrieval of archived messages based on specific criteria when needed for records requests. Thanks, Jeff On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:34:11 GMT, jeff.nospam@zina.com (Jeff Cochran) wrote: >I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has experience wi...

Exch 5..5 in W2Kdomain add permissions
I'm running Exch 5.5 in W2k mixed mode domain that was upgraded from NT4.0. When I add a new mailbox and try to add another user (on Permissions tab of the properties of that mailbox) this error shows: "MS Exch Administrator: The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available. MS Windows NT ID no: 0xc00217e6" Anyone know if there's a way for multiple users to access the newly created mailbox in this environment? ...

how do i make vertical tabs at the bottom of a ad
I am making one of those home-made add and I want to add those contact tabs on the bottom. How do I do that? Insert a table with as many columns as you want to have tabs and in the table, you can change the text direction by plus or minus ninety degrees. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Anna Chou" <Anna Chou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF8C95E8-37F9-4833-836F-899FB9D0A95D...