Homing Child public folder

Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange
Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia.  My impression
was when creating a child folder it creates on the server
you reside on.  It then replicates to the Public Folder
then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is.
This is not happening.  Has anybody seen this before?

0
Jond121 (1)

Outlook 2007
Hi All, I can't find other posts about this so I'm hoping I'm not asking a common question. I just installed the Office 2007 Professional Plus trial to evaluate it for my company. Our company has an "out of office" calendar in our public folders. In Outlook 2003, I could go into the folders view, right click on that calendar and add it to favorites. It then would show up in my calendar view as another calendar to select. In Outlook 2007 I cannot figure out how to get that calendar to appear in the calendar view. I've gone into the folders view and added it to fav...

Double click folder goes to search mode
Good day everyone! I have problems with my windows XP Pro service pack 3. Every time that I open a folder windows will go straight to search mode and not to open/explore mode. I thought it was a question of settings with explorer or folder's properties but I cannot find them or maybe I clicked the wrong settings. At worst is it a virus problems (most unlikely! I guess)?? Please do not waste your time and mine with some vague answers.........be specific!!!!....thanks in advance David On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:38:52 +0100, David Alves wrote in message <news:E551E06C-...

Public folder permissions #15
I have a public folder contacts folder set up on my Exchange 2003 server. User 1 is a Publishing Editor, Administrator is an Owner, and there is a Security Group that is an editor. Default permissions are reviewer and Anonymous has none. The folder, and these permissions were set up in Exchange 2000 and then migrated to Exchange 2003. I have added a second user which I made an owner of this folder. The second user is also a member of the security group that is an editor. The problem: Certain contacts in the folder cannot be edited by user 2 even though I made her an owner of the fo...

Can I use Windows XP Home for Commercial ?
i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people told me that it is okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it just that we cannot fully utilize the feature of the Windows i.e. joined domain ...etc I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home edition is only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to me ? Jim wrote: > i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows > XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people > told ...

Sizes (Mailboxes, Public Folder)
Hi! We deployed Exchnage 2003 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2003 AD (native mode). Can somebody give me exact information about the size limiting related to mailboxes and public folders: 1) What is the maximum size of an user mailbox? What ist the optimal size of it? 2) What is the max. size of a mailbox store? Optimal size? 3) What is the max. size of Public Folder store? 4) Can public folders have size limiting on each folder level? Thanks in advance. Cicek 1. There is no maximum mailbox size unless you define mailbox limits. The optimal size is also relative. I have a 1gb mailbox (...

Making 2003 personal home page
In the previous version of outlook a view could be created where you could see folders (left), tasks (bottom right), calendar (top right) and today's appointments (middle). I really liked this view. Can this view be created using outlook 2003? You're probably talking about Outlook Today. that's still there in Outlook 2003. Navigate to the top folder in your folder tree and you should still be able to see it. There was no other way inherent in Outlook to create such a view so I'm assuming that's what you're looking for. Anything else would have been an add-in creat...

Exchange 5.5 Public Folders
We are running Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on W2K Server and utilizing the Public Folders for everyone to access certain documents. I have about 10 folders under All Public Folders with special permissions. Folders can only be modified by the users who have proper permissions, which work great, but here is my problem. Any user is able to create a new Folder under All Public Folders from their Outlook client and I would like to block this access. I have tried to modify the permissions under Exchange server Admin as well as from within Outlook as an Admin but not able to do so. Any help wou...

Folder replication in SBS 2003 R2
Does folder replication only replicate My Documents? I was curious if I could replicate all my personal folders of my Windows 7 profile. Any thoughts? -- Sean ***The only easy day was yesterday*** I said replication which should be redirection... too tired... shouldn't be at keyboard. "Sean Scheffelmaier" <seanscheffelmaier@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1532000F-04E2-44FF-9ECF-39C91788A16C@microsoft.com... > Does folder replication only replicate My Documents? I was curious if I > could replicate all my personal folders of my Windows 7 pr...

Home inventory?
I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. I am a newbie. I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. I looked into "My Money" and somewhere on that screen, I am supposed to click on I believe "My home inventory". Where on the screen do I click on "My home inventory". Thanks I got the directions from the help section of money 2006 deluxe. In microsoft.public.money, Charles Eaves wrote: >I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. >I am a newbie. >I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. >I l...

Can't open other user's folder on different server
Running Win2k/Exchange2k on two servers. Exchange SP3 with rollups applied. One server has Win2k SP4, the other SP3. Both part of the same AD domain. Most users are unable to open mailboxes on the other server, even though they have the rights. If we move the mailbox to the same server they are able to open it (this works 100%). Some users are able to do open mailboxes (the very same ones - we're trying to open a meeting room calendar) on the other servers, but I can see no pattern. Any ideas? Thanks. -GT ...

Creating a Series of Tasks Template or Folder
I am using outook 2003. if necessary, i can upgrade to 2007. i am not sure that the firm i work for will let me install ad-ons, etc. though. if there are ones that will work, please let me know and i talk with the powers that be. i am an attorney. each new matter requires a set series of tasks that need to be done. I would like to be able to set up a template or folder with the series of tasks and, when needed, incorporate them into my tasks. although chaining would be nice, i do need it at this point. if i can do this with a folder, i can copy, paste and rename this folder for e...

Error msg "error accessing file" /Access 2000 / Windows Xp home edition
Hello, I have a field called Job_date, on the detail part of a "Master & detail" form, which has been fine. I have it set to show "to-days date" when double clicked .. i.e. an event procedure runs. All of a sudden I am getting the msg "Error access file. Network connection may have been lost" when I double click the field. I am not on a network, have a network card connected to my internet cable modem. I also got the msg when I tried to add a new field to the form in the Master area, also when I go in to try and change to event procedure code. Have...

Anonymouse Sharing XP Home, Vista Home, 7 Home Premium
Hi, I'm having an issue sharing files between my three machines (there are actually none windows machines as well using SMB share). They all work with each other except "Windows 7" is misbehaving. Everyone is prompted for a password to browse the 7 machine, and 7 is asked for password when it tries to look at any other device. This is obviously a "password encryption" thing that I have run into before, but now I cannot seem to find a solution. I have the following changes to Windows 7: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa LmCompatibilityLevel=...

copying outlook web acces folders with attachments to desktop
I have been asked to copy messages with attachments from outlook web access and I would like to know if there is a way to copy whole folders at a time to the desktop or usb storage device without loosing any attachments or do I have to open download and copy each message separatley....Please tell me there is an easier way as there are about 6,000 emails. I look forward to hearing from you. regards Kerri No easier way - OWA is simply a browser VIEW of your Exchange folders. = You=20 need to select each item you want copied and save it to your hard drive. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Public Folder Problem #12
I installed a second 2003 sp2 Exch server and have moved all of the existing mailboxes but can not view Public Folders under the admin group on the new server in esm. I get "token supplied to the function is invalid; ID # 80090308". Can anyone tell me what this is and how to correct it? Do you have require SSL set on the default virtual server? -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "rw" wrote: > I installed a second 2003 sp2 Exch server and have mov...

Share database over home network?
I have a home network with both machines running Win XP and MS Money 2006. I keep track of things on one computer, but now, with the computers networked properly together through a router, I would like to share the database that resides on one machine for the user of another machine to view and edit if need be. Is this possible and if so, then how? How can I keep it secure in the event that a hacker gets into one or more machines (have never had that issue, but best safe than sorry)? Any other suggestions and whatnot with this kind of setup? I plan on keeping a tally on about 5 accounts...

Do I need to replicate the Free/Busy Public Folder
2 Exchange Servers both 2003 SP1 Schedule+ Free Busy is not replicating. Replication on 1st Server in Forest shows In Sync Replication on 2nd new (soon to be only one) show Local Modified I don't need to keep the contents of the First Server Free/Busy PF so if I just uninstall the 1st server will the 2nd Server Free/Busy PF one work ok? All other public folders/system folders have been successfully replicated to the 2nd server and mailboxes moved to the 2nd server with out any issues. Hi Terry, Your free busy data will be rebuild shortly after migrating users to the new server. ...

best home based business

Clicking CButton in child dialog window freezes app.
Hello, I have a dialog containing a CButton control. This dialog is a child window of another dialog. When I click the button my app locks up and my cpu pegs at 100%. My BN_CLICKED message handler never gets called. Can anyone offer any thoughts on where to start looking for the problem? -Randy "RJGraham" <spamcop_764376_@surfbytes_123_._5637.com_4785> wrote in message news:<jKadnbOPtLH50aTcRVn-hA@giganews.com>... > Hello, > > I have a dialog containing a CButton control. This dialog is a child window > of another dialog. > When I click the bu...

Adding Contacts folders to the Address
I've moved to a new laptop. Installation of MSO Small Business '07 went well, until I got to Outlook. For some reason the option to select Add to Outlook Address Book isn't available, (washed out). When I click in the box nothing happens. I have tried to repair with the software but still no difference. Anyone out there have an ideas? I have compared everything with old unit and all seems the same except I cannot select the option above. The result is that I am unable to click on To: Cc: or Bcc: to retrieve email addresses. Answered countless times. Sounds to me as ...

DLNA Server Folder Structure
Does the DLNA server that is build in to Windows Media Player require the video content to be in a specific folder structure in order to serve up to DLNA compatible devices? I currently have a Sony BDP-S570 with the latest firmware and although it can see the folder structure of content shared, it says there is no media to display. I have many file types including VOB and WMV which will play from a USB stick plugged in to the S570 but not through DLNA. Thanks. ...

folder access
is there anyway to determine if/when someone on the share drive has accessed one of my outlook folders? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, curious asked: | is there anyway to determine if/when someone on the share drive has | accessed one of my outlook folders? ...

Excel viewer for XP Home
Could someone please tell me which Excel Viewer to download to work with XP Home. On the Excel website I see one that works for 2000 but nothing specific for XP. Thanks. XP Home and 2000 do not describe the same software. XP Home is a MS Windows version, 2000 is a MS Office version. I would download the viewer and give ita try. I expect it will work. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ XP Home & Windows 2000 are both operating systems. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "BrianB" <BrianB.ymivb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Brian...

Home Mortgage and Home Asset setup
I have able to configure my home mortgage correctly, and include that account inside in the account settings for Home asset, but the result was the software does not give me the correct value of the home as he compound the total purchase value with the amount I paid as deposit, any idea? thanks. ...

home-cinema-installers.co.uk home cinema installations
do you want a perfect 'home cinema installations' (http://www.home-cinema-installers.co.uk) then we give you a excellent service. THX! -- Orereesic ...