high-priority emails deliverable

hi guys,

our exchange server seems to have a problem with high-priorty emails. It
don't seem to delivery any emails with high-priority tag, and bounce back
with a undeliverable notification. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
shawn

0
SC2867 (8)

What is the content of the NDR that you get back ?

Paul

"SC" <SC@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> hi guys,
>
> our exchange server seems to have a problem with high-priorty emails. It
> don't seem to delivery any emails with high-priority tag, and bounce back
> with a undeliverable notification. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance
> shawn

0
paulford (74)

------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C44D55.59624D70

hi Paul,

this is the content of the NDR:

> What is the content of the NDR that you get back ?
>=20
> Paul
> --=20
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.
>=20
> "SC" <SC@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > hi guys,
> >
> > our exchange server seems to have a problem with high-priorty =
emails. It
> > don't seem to delivery any emails with high-priority tag, and bounce =
back
> > with a undeliverable notification. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> > shawn
> >

>=20

------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C44D55.59624D70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hi Paul,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>this is the content of the =
NDR:</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV>
  <P><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>Your message did not reach some =
or all of=20
  the intended recipients.</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>Subject: test</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>Sent: 08/06/2004 =
10:06</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>The following recipient(s) =
could not be=20
  reached:</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>'</FONT><A=20
  href=3D"mailto:'stsimon@hotmail.com'"><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
  size=3D2>stsimon@hotmail.com'</FONT></A><FONT face=3D"Courier New" =
size=3D2> on=20
  08/06/2004 10:06</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>You do not have permission to =
send to this=20
  recipient. For assistance, contact your system=20
administrator.</FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any idea? Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Shawn</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Paul Ford [MSFT]" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:paulford@online.microsoft.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>paulford@online.microsoft.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt;=20
wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:%23hrk7YUTEHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl"><FONT face=3DArial =

size=3D2>news:%23hrk7YUTEHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; What is the =
content of the=20
NDR that you get back ?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Paul<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; This =
posting=20
is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
"SC" &lt;</FONT><A href=3D"mailto:SC@hotmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>SC@hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; wrote =
in=20
message<BR>&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:10cb183aouegm70@corp.supernews.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:10cb183aouegm70@corp.supernews.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; hi guys,<BR>&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt; our exchange server seems to have a problem with high-priorty =
emails.=20
It<BR>&gt; &gt; don't seem to delivery any emails with high-priority =
tag, and=20
bounce back<BR>&gt; &gt; with a undeliverable notification. Any help =
would be=20
appreciated.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; thanks in advance<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
shawn<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C44D55.59624D70--

0
SC2867 (8)
6/8/2004 11:37:16 AM
What client are these messages being sent from ? Is there anything logged in
the application event log ? What version of Exchange including SP ?

Sent: 08/06/2004 10:06
'stsimon@hotmail.com' on 08/06/2004 10:06
contact your system administrator.
Any idea? Thanks

Shawn

"Paul Ford [MSFT]" <paulford@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the content of the NDR that you get back ?
>
> Paul
rights.

> "SC" <SC@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > hi guys,
> >
> > our exchange server seems to have a problem with high-priorty emails. It
> > don't seem to delivery any emails with high-priority tag, and bounce
back
> > with a undeliverable notification. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> > shawn

0
paulford (74)
6/8/2004 12:16:05 PM
(i think!) it could be coming from our Symantec Anti virus program.
and we're using Exchange 2000 with SP4.

p.s. there's nothing been log during the time the delivered email sent.

thanks

> What client are these messages being sent from ? Is there anything logged
in
> the application event log ? What version of Exchange including SP ?
>
> Paul

rights.
> "SC" <SC@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi Paul,
>
> this is the content of the NDR:

0
SC2867 (8)
6/8/2004 1:18:20 PM
How does the Symantec Anti-Virus program submit messages ? Does it connect
to the Exchange server via SMTP, if so it could a setting under the SMTP
Virtual Server. Go to the SMTP Default Virtual Server and get the properties
and click on the Access tab and click on the Relay button. Is the "allow all
computers that successfully authenticate to relay..." ticked ? Is the
symantec AV box listed in the computers that can relay through the Exchange
server ?

> (i think!) it could be coming from our Symantec Anti virus program.
> and we're using Exchange 2000 with SP4.
>
> p.s. there's nothing been log during the time the delivered email sent.
>
> thanks
>

> "Paul Ford [MSFT]" <paulford@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What client are these messages being sent from ? Is there anything
logged
> in
> > the application event log ? What version of Exchange including SP ?
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > --
> rights.
> > "SC" <SC@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > hi Paul,
> >
> > this is the content of the NDR:
> >
> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

0
paulford (74)
6/8/2004 1:51:24 PM
Have we checked to make sure it's not because the receiving server wants to
see your PTR record? This is from another thread on the same NDR:

It means that receiving server wants to see ptr record for your IP address.
Make sure that your IP can be resolved to it's name (preferably the one that
is advertized in outgoing EHLO/HELO.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Paul Ford [MSFT]" <paulford@online.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Re: high-priority emails deliverable
>Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:51:24 +0100
>
>How does the Symantec Anti-Virus program submit messages ? Does it connect
>to the Exchange server via SMTP, if so it could a setting under the SMTP
>Virtual Server. Go to the SMTP Default Virtual Server and get the
properties
>and click on the Access tab and click on the Relay button. Is the "allow
all
>computers that successfully authenticate to relay..." ticked ? Is the
>symantec AV box listed in the computers that can relay through the Exchange
>server ?
>
>Paul
>--
>

>"SC" <SC@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> (i think!) it could be coming from our Symantec Anti virus program.
>> and we're using Exchange 2000 with SP4.
>>
>> p.s. there's nothing been log during the time the delivered email sent.
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> "Paul Ford [MSFT]" <paulford@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What client are these messages being sent from ? Is there anything
>logged
>> in
>> > the application event log ? What version of Exchange including SP ?
>> >
>> > Paul
>> >
>> > --
>> rights.
>> > "SC" <SC@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > hi Paul,
>> >
>> > this is the content of the NDR:
>> >
>> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

0
rroddy (682)

urgent (high importance) messages
Is there a way to remote the high importance flag from messages? We have a multitude of users that send all their mail high importance even though the subject is not. Thanks ...

Clipboard - picture - send
HELLO! http://www1.minpic.de/bild_anzeigen.php ... 31142&ende http://kb.mozillazine.org/Clipboard.paste_image_type Problem in Windows Live Mail. - Here is Thunderbird better. Picture in Clipboard, insert into the mail, the mail is very big, that is bad. Reason maybe it is a bitmap, better jpg format. Have I any possiblities in the settings? Greeting Markus The problem is the size and that is an issue with your server, not which e-mail client you use. Compared to GIFs and JPGs, BMPs are huge. If you can save whatever it is as a GIF, it shou...

Help with adding Background music to email using Outlook 2003
Can anybody tell me how to add background music to emails using Outlook 2003. I know you can do it in Outlook Express, but is there a way to do it in Outlook? Thanks please email me thanks staple502@yahoo.com Actually it might be good to post the answer here so that everybody can see.. thanks again. "nk" <staple502@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c1deqv$3eb$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > Can anybody tell me how to add background music to emails using Outlook > 2003. I know you can do it in Outlook Express, but is there a way to do it > in Outlook? Thanks ...

email being sent but not being received
I am using Win7 with Outlook 2007. Comcast is my provider. My computer is about four months old. I can receive e-mails fine but when I send, they are recorded in the sent folder but they are not being received by anyone. I called Comcast and they can't figure it out since everything is working on their end. I have deleted the e-mail account and reset it both manually and let the computer set it. it works for about a week then won't work. I am testing this daily with my Live.com account. HELP!! Outlook was working fine until about a month ago. Are you sure t...

Initial lines in email
Hi, Does anyone know a way to remove the blank lines which Outlook adds between a message and a footer? I have set my signature as a main email body, but need to get rid of the lines above the signature. Many thanks A AFAIK, you can't remove those lines. What version of Outlook do you use? Using the signature to insert boilerplate text affects your ability to use spell check in Outlook 2003 (Word editor)/2007/2010. Use AutoText/QuickParts instead. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

email from outlook
bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" how can i get the email.. thanks Have you added any mail accounts to your profile? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:009f01c3b134$10820cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl, capemey wrote: > bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email > from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" > ho...

copy email to bosses inbox automaticly
We have a small office and the boss wants a copy of all emails coming in through MS exchange to be sent to his email inbox. He wants to make sure nothing is being missed by his engineers. I know this can be done but I don't know where on our windows 2000 small business server to make this happen. Please help. thanks What you will need to do is open up the Exchange system manager program. Select properties of the information store and select "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store." Then select the mailbox you would like to receive the monitored mes...

Entourage 2004 keeps redownloading old emails

High availability.
Hi. We are using an Ex2003 Enterprise edition running without any clustering. We would like to increase our potential up-time. Thus we would like to reduce the downtime in the event of a database failure or configuration error. That is why we are not using the clustering facility (all though I now know that there is a possibility to use "Majority node set server clusters" which would minimize the problems if the server experiences a database-error). Do you guys have any recommendations on where to seek inspiration concerning increased uptime. I am still wondering if anyone h...

Cannot send email to large distribution groups.
We have a small business. Recently upgraded to Windows XP and to Outlook as email tool. Imported old Outlook Express address book to Outlook Contacts. All seemed to work fine, except... Now we cannot send emails to large (+900) Distribution Groups that we could do with Outlook Express. Are there some maximums or settings I am missing? Thanks for help. The number of recipients is set by your mail server or by your ISP. Contact them to see if perhaps they lowered their threshold. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to ...

unable to send emails
I have been using Outlook 2000 with my website thru Citymaker with no problems for over a year. I started getting the following error when trying to send an email: unable to connect to server. (acct: "FengShuiZ mail" SMTP server: mai. Citymaker.com' error # 0x800ccc0e). The technical support put a link for troubleshooting, but it was for Outlook Express. I clicked start, run, typed in cmd, and then typed: netsh int ip reset c:/resetlog.txt I still can't send emails, and it doesn't acknowledge it is trying to send it. I receive messages fine. I am using Outlo...

Send a delayed email
:confused: I would like to send an email in a week time. Setting up the email was no problem - it is now sitting in my Outbox waiting for the right time to be sent. My question is thogh - will the email be sent even when I'm logged out from my PC? I won't be in the office when my email is meant to be sent so I can't be sure that it will... Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you are using a POP3 account, or an otherwise PC-bas...

email links in Publisher pdf

Marking a particular message "high importance"
I'm using Win XP Pro SP2 Outlook 2003 MOS 2003. I want to be able to mark a particular message hi priority for the recipient. Is the only way to do this to go on the OL toolbar to Tools>Options>Email Options>Advanced to the pulldowns on Importance and Sensitivity. The problem with this is that this seems to confer this setting on all mail. What would be more preferable would be to have a button I could put on the toolbar that would mark a *particular mail message high priority for that instance with one mouse click, rather than have to go to the Advanced tab and set ...

Attachments included with email do not arrive
Attachments included with email do not arrive at recipient. SENT folders shows attachment was sent. Opening the sent msge shows attached file(s). other observations: Seems to happen with some recipients more than others, but no pattern recognizeable If I forward a file with an attachment -- but first delete the original sender's address/date/other header information -- this problem seems worsened (more frequent problem of attachments not recd in the forwarded emai). Again, SENT folders shows attachment was sent and opening the sent msge shows attached file(s). One recipient did ...

video playback is choppy on wmp 11 ... high bit rate issue?
i am having trouble playing back a couple of videos. sound is no problem. video is choppy. i have assumed it is because the quaility of the files is so high. one is 5 mgps and another at 19 mgbps. assuming it is a "bit rate" issue (as other videos of lower bit rates play fine), how do i get these high bit rate files to play back 'smoothly'? i am using XP professional, version 2002, service pack 3 thanks and happy holidays -- still a novice It's likely that your PC isn't powerful enough to play these high-bitrate videos. What are its specs (CPU/hard dri...

Forward Email to Pop3
How do I set an Exchange Server up to foward my company email to my home pop3 email address? Use Wizard Rules for this. Contact your admin first to verify that automatic forwarding to the Internet is enabled http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Doug Johnson" <doug.johnson@direcway.com> wrote in message news:263b01c4a7f4$78cb8880$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I set an Exchange Serv...

Receive Connector
Hi Group, I have just setup Exchange 2010. I am able to send to external addresses and internal email is working sending and receiving. I am unable to receive external email from outside our domain or Internet. I can see email being delivered from the Internet to users mailboxes as the count increases on their mailbox properties details. I have deleted and created a new receive connector multiple times and I can see that the server is ready to receive email when testing using telnet to the public IP address on port 25. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may be ...

high cpu usage
Hi, My Database (sql 2005) is all of a sudden showing up 100% CPU usage! I googled a bit and found that we need to use the DMV sys.dm_exec_query_stats for finding out the SP which is performing badly. But my question how to use sys.dm_exec_query_stats and to find out the exact t-sql query within the SP which needs more tweaking? Thanks for your help in advance. Regards Pradeep To get the cached SQL execution time, try the following: SELECT TOP 100 query_stats.statement_text AS [SQLText], SUM(query_stats.total_worker_time) / SUM(query_stats.execution_cou...

Email Virus
How can I remove the email virus that comes with an attachment and a password. I have run the w32.baegle.m virus remover but it doesnt find it. What's the name of this virus if it's not that one? Thanks in advance. Hi - do you have an Exchange server? You've posted in an Exchange group, but I'm not sure, based on your post. If so, get good Exchange AV software - check out Trend Scanmail or Sybari Antigen for some good choices. Sounds like you also need good centralized workstation AV - I like Officescan for that, but there are a lot of options. Victor wrote: > How can ...

Cannot email invoices after Windows XP in place upgrade...
Hello, We're running GP 7.50g26, Dexterity 7.50m013. To email invoices, we use acrobat 5.0.5. After running an in place OS upgrade from Win2k to Windows XP, we are having problems with GP: 1. When we click Send to for invoices, it opens up an email with a PDF attachment. If we open the attachment, it's always the last pdf that was generated prior to the windows XP inplace upgrade. 2. During posting, it always minimizes the GP screen for no reason, and we have to click on the task in the taskbar to bring it back up. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! ...

Email templates to unresolved email addresses.
We are successfully using the registry entry AllowUnresolvedPartiesOnEmailSend to enable us to reply to email addresses which do not exist in CRM, and for which we do not want to create records. However, we still get an error if we try and insert a template into such an email. Is there a way around this? The template is very generic, with no fields inserted from any entities. ...

Money 2004: msmoney.exe High CPU (100%)
Same question as for mis.exe: what is it that takes so long to do on a 1.5 GHz CPU? -- John Saunders johnwsaundersiii at hotmail ...

Automatic response email on Microsoft exchange 2003
How can I generate an automatic email response from a group of internal users to a group of external users? We have about 500 customers that we want to respond to when they send an email to a group of about 30 inside sales people. Is this possible? If this can not be done then can I send an automatic reply to any external email going to the group of 30 inside sales people? Thank you, Chris either make the external users post to a public folder and set the rule there to reply with a template or create outlook server side rule on one of the sales mambers (create a dummy user and...