Hiding/Blanking Mailbox property

Can anyone please tell me if there is anyway to not
display individual mailbox properties in Exchange 5.5 for
regular users(NOT ADMINS)? When a user wants to send email
on the TO ... line chooses the person's name if you double
click that name it should not display any properties of
that mailbox. PLEASE HELP!!!
0
anonymous (74722)

I don't think this is possible.  You could just leave the attributes blank
and use some other metabase to store that information securely I suppose.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"YT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone please tell me if there is anyway to not
> display individual mailbox properties in Exchange 5.5 for
> regular users(NOT ADMINS)? When a user wants to send email
> on the TO ... line chooses the person's name if you double
> click that name it should not display any properties of
> that mailbox. PLEASE HELP!!!

0
nospam6185 (535)

Blank text labels
All of my text label on a simple report come out blank. Some are bound - others are not, but none print. All are set to visible-yes. Pat Upshaw All I can think of is the obvious: do the labels use the same color as the background? "Charles P. (Pat) Upshaw" wrote: > All of my text label on a simple report come out blank. Some are bound - > others are not, but none print. All are set to visible-yes. > > Pat Upshaw font > > > ...

Form Opening with Blank Column(s)
I have created a couple applications that are working well on our remote access server, Access 2003. However, when I have people put the application on there standard desktop on the network, one or more columns appear blank when the form is opened in Access 2003. Any ideas why the data retrieval or function would change between our server addition of Access vs client workstations? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I have one user in my organization that is experiencing this problem also. The problem started the week of the 25th of February. The user could not give me a ...

how to create blank empty square cell graph template
I need a simple way to create an empty cell graph with 75 columns with each column .1 inch wide and 100 rows with each row .1 inch high. This implies margins of .5 inches all around on an 8.5" x 11" paper. I have found a possible way to do this in Microsoft excel 2007 by setting each column individually to .1" width (75 times) and then each row to .1" height (100 times) but I always seem to end up with a few rows visibly too wide or too high, and God knows how many more might be imperceptibly off by .01 inch in either height or width or both. In Microsoft works, I ...

Block emails from Blank email address
Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 to block emails from a blank sender? Lately we noticed in the outgoing Queue has lots of emails with originator = <>. We have Relay turned off at the exchange level and also on the Anti- spam server. Any Help appreciated See section 3.39 here: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Need Help" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f64901c43de2$55b9f510$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way in Exch...

Mailbox Permissions
Having read through numerous posts, it seems my request may be the opposite to most others: Exchange 2003: As domain administrator, I am able to "Open Other User's Folder" and get their inbox open in my Outlook. I need to prevent access to mailboxes to anyone other than the owner and maybe any other system required entities. We are in the financial sector, and are heavily regulated. This goes against our security policies. I can see where I might remove permissions (mailbox store>properties>security>, however, I am concerned that by making changes I might break someth...

I need to give the whole mailbox of A to B
Hi all I have exc2003, outlook2003, win xp and need to do the following. User A was in the company and have a 550MB mailbox. She is now gone and user B has been appointed in her place. How do i get all User A's mail to user B. User B log on with different credentials onto the domain in winxp. Thanks guys This might work for you. You could give User B full mailbox access to User A (AD permissions for User A), then get User B to open User A mailbox in Outlook (Tools - Email Accounts - Next - Change - More Settings - Advanced - Add). From there they will have a set of folders for...

Exchange 2003 individual mailbox restoration
The previous administrator created a mailbox associated with one user. I removed the mailbox from the user and wanted to retore or connect if you will the removed mailbox to another user. I thought I could do this using the mailbox recovery center but I am unable to find the mailbox that I removed. I am new to exchange so I just figure I am missing a step somewhere. I know I could recover the mailbox from tape but it still does not solve the problem of moving the box from one user to another. Any help out there? -- Terri Touchton Systems Administrator Cambridge Maryland If you go i...

'Restore to Mailbox' is greyed out in the redirection tab.HELP
Even I selected only one single mailbox. I am using Veritas BackupExec 7.3. The account I am logon has the local administrator rights. Any suggestions? Thanks. Bernard Jen ...

Sync between Sent Items-mailbox when using OWA and Sent Items in P
Dear Sir In my office I use outlook connected to exchange server through a LAN, where I send and receive emails normally. I use Personal Folders so I find all received emails in Inbox and all sent emails in Sent Items of the personal folder. At weekend I close my outlook before I go home in order to keep all my received emails in the mail box of the server, I use Outlook Web Access (OWA) connected to the exchange server through the internet where I send and receive email normally and I find all the received emails in the Inbox and all the sent emails in the Sent Items of the...

Deleting blank records using code
I want to write a code that goes through a table and delete all blank rows. Is there a way to do this? If so, where do I get some information about it. Thanks Look in Access Help for Delete Query. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:778CBF36-D306-4BC3-9104-6994473129CC@microsoft.com... > I want to write a code that goes through a table and delete all blank rows. > Is there a way to do this? If so, where do I get some information about it. > > Thanks ...

printed P.O.s have several blank lines
Why do my printed/exported purchase orders have several blank lines between the items and the subtotal? Is there a way to get rid of them? PLEASE Cc me your anser directly. Thanks! -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! 124 State Avenue NE Olympia, WA 98501 P: 360-753-7525 F: 360-528-7526 info@olybikes.com www.olybikes.com Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials! ...

Deny emails for Room Mailbox
When setting up a Room Mailbox in Exchange 2007, is there a setting to reject regular emails? When creating a meeting request a lot of users still add in the Room mailbox as an attendee and not a resource. If there's not a setting what's the best way to accomplish this? A rule? On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:47:12 -0800, cannedsoda <cannedsoda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When setting up a Room Mailbox in Exchange 2007, is there a setting to reject >regular emails? When creating a meeting request a lot of users still add in >the Room mailbox as an attendee and ...

Duplicating a record leaving one field blank for editing
Hi - I've seen many different posts regarding duplicating a record - I am able to do this fine, however I do have a need to leave one of the fields (Position.NewLineNo) blank so that the user can fill it in. This field is not a primary key - I have a PositionID field which uses the autonumber feature. Since my VBA skills are not very advanced I'm looking for a solution to leave the field blank. I've included the code that I am using. This code is using a cmd button with the OnClick() event: Private Sub cmdDuplicateRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdDuplicateRecord_Click...

IE6 hiding on my Computer
I have installed IE8 and it seems to work properly. After creating a shortcut for a page, using the shortcut causes a IE6 browser to open before the IE8 browser opens with the requested page. This IE6 browser is not functional. I identified it by removing IE8. The IE6 browser then became functional. I cannot find IE6 to remove it from my system. I am running XP. Any ideas are appreciated. Bob Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3? Have you ever had occasion to do a Repair Install of WinXP? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription ...

how to access exchange2k3 user's mailbox
how to access exchange2k3 all user's mailbox��just like exchang2k's M DISK! See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897 Drive M: has been removed by default from Exchange 2003; you really don't need to add it back. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "iori" <iori.zang@ferventwheels.com> wrote in message news:%23qYMSyGBGHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > how to access exchange2k3 all user's mailbox��just like exchang2k's M > DISK! > > > ...

Exchange directory name of mailbox has heap of numbers, eg. jsmith2356634346
I have added some text from another post as people will probably search on something out of the exmerge log to find this post. Does anyone know why Exchange 2003 will automatically adds extra numbers to the end of a directory for a mailbox, when you look at the AD user profile, it all looks fine, mailbox name looks fine. The only thing that i can see that it effects is exmerge when it is looking for a PST with a heap of numbers at the end. Does any one have the answer? The simple solution is to rename the pst to what the directory name is, but that dont answer my question of why the number...

Message larger than system limit or mailbox is full
One our users had a problem where someone was trying to email him a 12MB zip file, but the email got bounced back to the sender with: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. Our receive message size is set to a maximum of 20,000KB (i.e. 20MB), and there are no limits set on the user's mailbox. Are there any other limits that I might be missing somewhere? The exchange logs indicate that the message came in and a NDR was sent out. The appli...

Hide Contents of Calculated Cell
Hi: I have 4 columns: Quantity Description Unit Price Extension My Extension value is =(Quantity*Unit Price) This works fine, but it enters $0.00 when no Quantity is entered. As I list all Descriptions, only quantity gets entered. I need to suppress the Extension value so it is blank if Quantity is blank. Thank you so very much, Prior. Prior =IF(Quantity=0,"",Quantity*Unit Price) Regards Trevor "Prior Sayin" <priorsayin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23aXjIb$HFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > I have 4 columns: &...

Veritas version 10 "Exchange Mailbox backup" has slowed way down
WIndows 2003/Exchange 2003 environment. Exchange server is across the LAN from the server with the tape drive. I know the Mailbox back is slower anyway, however My total back up job used to take 8 hours. The one day it jumped to 10:30 hours. There was no increase in data size being backup. (total 300GB) If you look in the Veritas logs it is clear that ALL the time increase can be cresdited to the mailbox part of Exchange increasing by like 600% in time to back it up. Went from like 45 minutes to 230 minutes in one day! Now, it has stayed there consistenly (10:30 hours) for 2 wee...

Using button for changing activex property???
Hi! I am making an ActiveX using VisualStudio2003, VCC+ and MFC. I have added a button control onto the propertypage and added some code to the event handler function of the button. This function forms a CString object that should be used as a property value of the ActiveX control that is also saved just like other properties of the activex. So far I have managed to make other kinds of properties using other controls to work, but I can't figure out how to do it when using a button that executes a event handler function which in turn forms a CString object to be saved as a property....

VB script fails in Outlook 2003 cache mode
I am running Outlook 2003 in cache moed to an exchange server 2003. I am trying to resolve a problem accessing the SentOn property for MailItems residing in the Inbox (ost) folder. When the script runs in non cache mode it works as expected - when in cache mode it fails. Need some help in either a work around that will work regardless of the mode cache or non cache . Below is code snip of the: ------------------------------------------ Set oFolder = oApp.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder Item.UserProperties.Find("ItemsInInbox") = oFolder.Items.Count Item.UserProperties.Find("Fo...

mailbox manger
Hi all Running Exchange 2003 Sp2. I think i have a rough recipient policy, as i get a detailed report emailed to me for a few inboxes, but when i check my recipient policys none of them have mailbox manger settings all recipient policies are for email address stamping only. So why am i getting this report from System attendant mailbox? whats also strange is the report only runs againts 100 mailboxes, i have 400 on my server. I need to know what is generating this to run? Thanks ...

Re-associating users with mailbox
I am using Exchange 2003. I'm new to it, and have been using it about two weeks. I have accidentally deleted several users that have mailboxes. The mailboxes remained intact, but when I re-created the users in AD, new mailboxes were created as well, with the same names of course. How can I re-associate the users with their original mailboxes, most of which contain material that needs to accessed? Thanks for your time. Hi Holo20, Within Active Directory Users and Computers, identify the newly created user accounts. These accounts are going to be connected to the old mailboxes, so...

Customizing warning message sent when mailbox has reached certain size.
Hi All, Just wondering if there is a way to customize the warning message that Exchange sends when a user has reached a limit? Currently we have the warning message sent @ 200 MB but actual send/receive is stopped @ 300 MB. The message sent by Exchange is confusing in that it tells the user that they have reached a limit when in actuality we only want to give them a warning that they are getting close to the limit... Hope that makes sense ;-) Any help would be much appreciated! Thnx. Tom no way to do this without hiring Microsoft Consulting Services... "Tom Kostis" &l...

change property on subform
Hi and thank you for your time, I have a form/subform with a one to many relationship. In the subform, I have fields Oct, Nov, Dec, etc in each record. I want to compare the Nov date to the Oct date and change the BackColor if the dates do not equal. The code works for the current record but the Backcolor will also change in the next record on the many side without making the proper comparison. I have the following code on the On Current property of the subform. Let Nov.BackColor = 123 If Me.Nov.Value > Me.Oct.Value Then Me.Nov.Backcolor = 456 End If So, the Nov Backcolo...