Hide some contacts in GAL but show them in address list?

Hi,

I have created an address list and with an appropriate filter to show the
contacts I want, however I want to hide these same contacts in the GAL, is
this possible?

Any help appreciated,

Regards  John

0
john9554 (15)

You would need to setup another GAL (custom ldap query) and restrict rights
on the Default GAL for the people who you don't want to see these objects.

Another option would be to put the contacts in a Public Folder and setup
that folder to be in the Personal Address Book on the clients that need it.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"John Whittingstall" <john@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have created an address list and with an appropriate filter to show the
> contacts I want, however I want to hide these same contacts in the GAL, is
> this possible?
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Regards  John

0
dtown (976)

Using Outlook to create/read mailing lists
I recently installed Outlook in my office and would like it to do some automated tasks. Specifically, automated email to my employees based on a spreadsheet or database. If I have an individuals name on a spreadsheet, is it possible to link Outlook to that spreadsheet (let's say in Excel) and create a mailing list? I'm using Outlook '03 and my employees are already on a list in Outlook. Any help would be appreciated. Yes to do this type of automation, you can use the addin Thanks for the response. Could you be a bit more specific. I'm an Outlook beginner. what do yo...

Contact Ribbon
The DELETE option in the Actions box of the Contact tab is right next to the SAVE & CLOSE option. I have allready deleted 2 of my contacts. It seams they should have put the delete option in a safer place? I am aware that the ribbon can not be changed. I am a new user to Office 07 and will probably become more carfull as time goes on. Is there a way to undo delete? Is there any other way to get the Contact back other than locating the information and re-entering it? thanks Paul Might I suggest just clicking the "x" to close and then answer "Yes" t...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Load the address from the lookup table to corresponding contact fi
Is it possible to create a custom mapping / loading between the contact and account entities in such a way that when selected the existing account value from the lookup table of account on the contact page, the existing address fields will be populated into corresponding contact fields? Hi Tom, Yes, it is possible with the help of little coding. Basically you need to add JScript code in onChange event of the Account lookup on Contact entity form. That code will be calling the CRM webservice and fetching the account's address fields. Following posts will explain you a little about ...

Permanently keep holidays from showing up in Calendar2007
I had holidays automatically set to appear in my Outlook 2003 Calendar. I'm now in Outlook 2007, and would like to turn off Holidays. When I go to Tools, Options, Calendar Options, Add Holidays..., as soon as I uncheck the United States box, my OK button becomes grayed out so I'm unable to permanently keep the checkmark removed from in front of United States. I'd prefer not to individually & manually delete all the holidays. Anybody know what a fix might be? Thanks! When viewing the calendar, switch to the by category view and delete the holiday category. ...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Contacts Synchronization Problem
I am copying contacts from a PST file to an exchange account. When i synchronize with the exchange, some of the contacts are deleted. I am left with 619 contacts out of over 3,000. I get sync issue error with a code of 8004011B. ...

Addresses
Hi Can anyone please advise me how i can insert a name and address from the microsoft address book into a exel spreadsheet. If this cannot be done what alternitives are there? Thanks Oggy Here is a good approach: 1. From Address Book: File > Export > Other Address book... > Text File (Comma Separated Values) The Wizard will permit you to select which fields are to be exported. 2. From Excel, just open the .csv file created in step #1 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200713 "Oggy" wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone please advise me how i can insert a name and ad...

hide my name

Copy a contact to Clipboard?
I use Outlook 2002 that came with my iPAC rx3115. I use it for contacts and calendar and not for email. Outlook 2002 allows me to highlight a contact and go to Edit menu and click copy and the entire contents of that contact are put into Clipboard. I can then paste the contact information into MS Notepad, an email, etc. and edit it from there. I like and need the quickness of this feature. This is a very important feature for me I use often. I want to upgrade to Outlook 2007. Did Outlook 2007 retain this feature? In Outlook 2007 can I quickly copy the entire contents of a...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

GAL issue
Our existing Exchange 5.5 organization consists of two different sites, each in its own NT 4.0 domain, so call that siteA and siteB in domainA and domainB for simplicity. They share a common GAL between them as you would expect and all is well. I've just installed the first Exchange 2003 server in a Windows Server 2003 AD domain (call this domainC) and placed the Exchange server into siteA. Trusts are in place between domainA and domainB (previously), between domainA and domainC (for the migration), but not yet between domainB and domainC. The problem that I see now is that GAL for use...

OWA and second mail address
Exch 2003 cluster I have a domain with two mail address. The first one is example.com (pubblic address) and the second is test.com (only for internal mail). Example.com is the default address. Every users are configured only with example.com and are able to connect to OWA. Every users are configured with example.com and test.com and are able to connect to OWA. The others users that have only test.com but doesn't are able to connect to OWA. Do I have to configure the HTTP protocol or IIS or both? Thanks for your reply All users should be able to connect to OWA regardless of what thei...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

REPOST: Contacts/Global Address List/Automated Dialling
We can currently initiate telephone calls from within our contacts folders, plus some public (contact) folders, by right-clicking and selecting Call Contact. This feature could use our mobile phones (via Bluetooth) but more usually it uses our BCM office phone system. This all works fine. However, under this system we are maintaining a lot of duplicate data: 1 x Active Directory, 1 x Exchange 5.5 directory, and several public contact folders. We are moving to Exchange 2003 soon which will mean that Exchange will directly tap into AD, rather than maintain it's own directory. We would als...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Address book #18
I installed a new hdd making it the master and the old one the slave. All of my contact info is still on the old drive. I need to know the file name and location so that I can get my old contact info back. Thanks. Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:097a01c3973e$a20fd920$a001280a@phx.gbl, Danny wrote: > I i...

control box list
Hi I have a long list of hospitals, and would like to put a control in that will fill in as you type to search. I have tried list box, but can not see how to enter the list into the find data. thanks tim ...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

How do I get my XP Pro Outlook to auto fill email addresses?
My Microsoft XP Professional Outlook has stopped the auto fill function when emailing to parties that I've previously emailed to, so I have to retype the persons email address each time. Have reinstalled the program and run the detect & repair to no avail. Not sure where or what my problem is, but would appreciate any suggestions. Auto fill function works fine in Google, etc., but not in Outlook. Did the feature ever work? Assuming you still have the feature turned on, this usually means a corrupt profile. Create a new one with a different name. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] &q...

Hiding plot Area

Change of Address
Hi folks, Where in Money 2004 Small Biz do I change my address and phone? Can not seem to find where that gets set. Thanks. -=Bob=- ...