Hide from address lists, get Undeliverable email

When I hide a user from the global address list, I can no longer send Emails
to that user.

Using Exchange 2003 in mixed mode on Windows 2000 servers.  In AD select
user, right click and properties.  Select Exchange Advanced tab and check
hide from Exchange address lists.  When this check box is selected, I cannot
send Emails to the user.  I get a bounce back, Email undeliverable.  It seems
I cannot hide a user from the global address list and then send them an
Email.  I have tried with 5 different users in various OUs, and all are the
same.

Please help!  What is going wrong?
Thank you.

0
Marion (17)

Hi Marion.
Take a look at this article. this will help explain your issues and offer
you a resolution. Hope this helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;142781

"Marion" <Marion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I hide a user from the global address list, I can no longer send
> Emails
> to that user.
>
> Using Exchange 2003 in mixed mode on Windows 2000 servers.  In AD select
> user, right click and properties.  Select Exchange Advanced tab and check
> hide from Exchange address lists.  When this check box is selected, I
> cannot
> send Emails to the user.  I get a bounce back, Email undeliverable.  It
> seems
> I cannot hide a user from the global address list and then send them an
> Email.  I have tried with 5 different users in various OUs, and all are
> the
> same.
>
> Please help!  What is going wrong?
> Thank you.

0
allen2494 (55)

outlook 2000 automatically changing e-mail address
how can I prevent Outlook 2000 to automatically replace a manually entered e-mail address for a contact with the first entry. For example: For contact "jim" I have an e-mail address "jim@abc" and an email 2 address of "jim@xyz". I want a specific message to go to the email 2 address and manually enter "jim@xyz" in the To field. When Outlook sends the message, it replaces the "jim@xyz" with "jim@abc" and sends the message to that last account. ...

duplication of forwarded email
let me see which paint and brush I should use : - ) Sorry to reply after so long was on leave but my problem still persists and so i will keep digging. There is no forwarding set on his private mail (that would be via MS Outlook). All forwarding has been set via the ADUC mmc on Exchange. Just to recap the observed phenomenon: 1. My boss travels a lot and because we dont have OWA for users external to our network, he uses a public email service (let not worry about whether its yahoo blackerry gmail hotmail etc as they all behave the same and it means the issue at hand is not related t...

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Load the address from the lookup table to corresponding contact fi
Is it possible to create a custom mapping / loading between the contact and account entities in such a way that when selected the existing account value from the lookup table of account on the contact page, the existing address fields will be populated into corresponding contact fields? Hi Tom, Yes, it is possible with the help of little coding. Basically you need to add JScript code in onChange event of the Account lookup on Contact entity form. That code will be calling the CRM webservice and fetching the account's address fields. Following posts will explain you a little about ...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Hiding formuals in cells question

To get the same header,footer and sheet titles across multiple sheets of a workbook.
Dear Friends, I want a workbook to have the same header (as some cell value of a sheet in workbook) and similarly same titles (rows and columns titles) in different sheets. I reached to the following code. It worked well for the header (and also footer) but it didn't work for the rows to repeat at top or columns to repeat. It only works for the active sheet. How can i make my work done?? The main problem i think is to make ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintTitleRows work across multiple sheets. Please help me. I have the code attached here for yur reference. 'this is the workbook c...

Addresses
Hi Can anyone please advise me how i can insert a name and address from the microsoft address book into a exel spreadsheet. If this cannot be done what alternitives are there? Thanks Oggy Here is a good approach: 1. From Address Book: File > Export > Other Address book... > Text File (Comma Separated Values) The Wizard will permit you to select which fields are to be exported. 2. From Excel, just open the .csv file created in step #1 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200713 "Oggy" wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone please advise me how i can insert a name and ad...

I have address listed in excel, how do i convert to word,for lable
I have address listed in excel, need to conver to word so I can Print lables Parul As long as these are in rows (e.g one name and address per line), you can use mail merge in MS Word and MS Excel as the data source when asked -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "Parul" <Parul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9B67B6F-92AD-4520-BA79-4A28DEEE1272@microsoft.com... >I have address listed in excel, need to conver to word so I can Print >lables For help on Word mail m...

Emailing a Worksheet
Is it possible to email a single worksheet in such a way that th recepient can make changes to the worksheet and send it back to me? I so, can I then replace the existing worksheet with the revise worksheet I receive back? Thanks for any help. (I'm looking to avoi having to send an entire workbook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at the following site for some example code http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to email a single worksheet in such a way that the > recepient can make...

hide my name

Experience with "Address Magic"?
I posted a previous message regarding copying contacts from an Offline Address Book to either a Contacts folder or .CSV file. One of the suggestions was use of a software package called "Address Magic". Do any of you have recommendations or concerns for this package? Thanks, Dave zdave83@comcast.net ----------------------------------------------- "Dave" <zdave83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01c001c42412$94ac7d40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to > extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMT...

All Address Lists is missing
The All Address Lists container appears to be missing in an Exchange 2003 implementation we have. It may have been deleted somehow, or maybe an access issue? At any rate, can anyone help me re-create it through ADSI edit or similar method? Thanks, Dale I think that this would be PSS call. If you have AD backed up anywhere you might be able to an authorative restore on the All Address List container. But I still think PSS is your best bet. Glen "Dale Maxfield" <dmaxfield@technicalvelocity.com> wrote in message news:068601c49482$544b8030$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > The ...

OWA and second mail address
Exch 2003 cluster I have a domain with two mail address. The first one is example.com (pubblic address) and the second is test.com (only for internal mail). Example.com is the default address. Every users are configured only with example.com and are able to connect to OWA. Every users are configured with example.com and test.com and are able to connect to OWA. The others users that have only test.com but doesn't are able to connect to OWA. Do I have to configure the HTTP protocol or IIS or both? Thanks for your reply All users should be able to connect to OWA regardless of what thei...

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

CC'ing Inbound Emails
I have a client that would like to capture emails from a particular domain. He wants the messages to be delivered to the intended recipient but wants a copy of the email to go to him. Is this possible with Exchange 2003 or only a 3rd party program? On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:34:02 -0800, Tyler Barnes <TylerBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a client that would like to capture emails from a particular domain. >He wants the messages to be delivered to the intended recipient but wants a >copy of the email to go to him. Is this possible with Exchange 2003 or onl...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Can't receive emails?
I have switched all infor from Outlook Express to Office 2003. I can send mail but I can't receive email in Office 2003. I have went to FILE-EXPORT in OE. Please help -- dagnag Are you still using OE? If so, and you have a POP3 account, you could be downloading mail in OE and removing it from the server. This would make it impossible to re-download it in Outlook. -- Patricia DiGiacomo Outlook MVP Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 www.cardozasolutions.com "dagnag" <dagnag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3073F505-11DF-49C...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Making a compiled list in Excel
Hi all, I'm trying to create an Excel spreadsheet that can create a compile list from an existing list. By this I mean there is a list of item which represents the complete list and each entry has a checkbox nex to it to indicate whether it has been selected or not, and then on th same worksheet there is another list which only contains the items tha have been selected from the first, full list. Check out these screensheets to get a better idea of what I mean: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel1/JPG http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel2.JPG I think this should b...

REPOST: Contacts/Global Address List/Automated Dialling
We can currently initiate telephone calls from within our contacts folders, plus some public (contact) folders, by right-clicking and selecting Call Contact. This feature could use our mobile phones (via Bluetooth) but more usually it uses our BCM office phone system. This all works fine. However, under this system we are maintaining a lot of duplicate data: 1 x Active Directory, 1 x Exchange 5.5 directory, and several public contact folders. We are moving to Exchange 2003 soon which will mean that Exchange will directly tap into AD, rather than maintain it's own directory. We would als...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

control box list
Hi I have a long list of hospitals, and would like to put a control in that will fill in as you type to search. I have tried list box, but can not see how to enter the list into the find data. thanks tim ...