Hide contacts

I must hide some contacts from GAL  excepted for 2 user that must to see them
and select to send email.
0
MauroR (3)

If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their
Contacts folder?

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I must hide some contacts from GAL  excepted for 2 user that must to see
>them
> and select to send email.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
11/21/2006 4:16:27 PM
Thanks,
but I prefer to find a solution to centralize management.... also in case
number of users that must see contacts will grow.

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their
> Contacts folder?
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I must hide some contacts from GAL  excepted for 2 user that must to see
> >them
> > and select to send email.

0
MauroR (3)
11/21/2006 4:36:02 PM
What you can do is modify the default global address list in ESM and
deny those groups that you don't want them to see the contacts to this
address list.

Then create a new Address list, set ldap filter so that contacts are
not shown. Everyone will be defaulted to using this GAL, except for
those two users which will be able to see both GALs if you set the ACLs
correctly.

James Chong

Bharat Suneja [MVP] wrote:
> If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their
> Contacts folder?
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I must hide some contacts from GAL  excepted for 2 user that must to see
> >them
> > and select to send email.

0
jamestechman (1266)
11/21/2006 7:12:42 PM
Thank for suggestion,
but how can setup different GAL from outlook ?

Mauro

"james chong" wrote:

> What you can do is modify the default global address list in ESM and
> deny those groups that you don't want them to see the contacts to this
> address list.
>
> Then create a new Address list, set ldap filter so that contacts are
> not shown. Everyone will be defaulted to using this GAL, except for
> those two users which will be able to see both GALs if you set the ACLs
> correctly.
>

> James Chong
>

> Bharat Suneja [MVP] wrote:
> > If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their
> > Contacts folder?
> >
> > --
> > Bharat Suneja
> > MVP - Exchange
> > www.zenprise.com
> > NEW blog location:
> > www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> >

> > "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I must hide some contacts from GAL  excepted for 2 user that must to see
> > >them
> > > and select to send email.

0
MauroR (3)
11/24/2006 9:24:02 AM
Here is a good tutorial on creating additional address lists.

How To Use Address Lists to Organize Recipients in Exchange 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213

James Chong

MauroR wrote:
> Thank for suggestion,
> but how can setup different GAL from outlook ?
>
> Mauro
>
> "james chong" wrote:
>
> > What you can do is modify the default global address list in ESM and
> > deny those groups that you don't want them to see the contacts to this
> > address list.
> >
> > Then create a new Address list, set ldap filter so that contacts are
> > not shown. Everyone will be defaulted to using this GAL, except for
> > those two users which will be able to see both GALs if you set the ACLs
> > correctly.
> >

> > James Chong
> >

> > Bharat Suneja [MVP] wrote:
> > > If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their
> > > Contacts folder?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bharat Suneja
> > > MVP - Exchange
> > > www.zenprise.com
> > > NEW blog location:
> > > www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> > >

> > > "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jamestechman (1266)

Contact Ribbon
The DELETE option in the Actions box of the Contact tab is right next to the SAVE & CLOSE option. I have allready deleted 2 of my contacts. It seams they should have put the delete option in a safer place? I am aware that the ribbon can not be changed. I am a new user to Office 07 and will probably become more carfull as time goes on. Is there a way to undo delete? Is there any other way to get the Contact back other than locating the information and re-entering it? thanks Paul Might I suggest just clicking the "x" to close and then answer "Yes" t...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Load the address from the lookup table to corresponding contact fi
Is it possible to create a custom mapping / loading between the contact and account entities in such a way that when selected the existing account value from the lookup table of account on the contact page, the existing address fields will be populated into corresponding contact fields? Hi Tom, Yes, it is possible with the help of little coding. Basically you need to add JScript code in onChange event of the Account lookup on Contact entity form. That code will be calling the CRM webservice and fetching the account's address fields. Following posts will explain you a little about ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Contacts Synchronization Problem
I am copying contacts from a PST file to an exchange account. When i synchronize with the exchange, some of the contacts are deleted. I am left with 619 contacts out of over 3,000. I get sync issue error with a code of 8004011B. ...

hide my name

Copy a contact to Clipboard?
I use Outlook 2002 that came with my iPAC rx3115. I use it for contacts and calendar and not for email. Outlook 2002 allows me to highlight a contact and go to Edit menu and click copy and the entire contents of that contact are put into Clipboard. I can then paste the contact information into MS Notepad, an email, etc. and edit it from there. I like and need the quickness of this feature. This is a very important feature for me I use often. I want to upgrade to Outlook 2007. Did Outlook 2007 retain this feature? In Outlook 2007 can I quickly copy the entire contents of a...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Hiding a worksheet #3

REPOST: Contacts/Global Address List/Automated Dialling
We can currently initiate telephone calls from within our contacts folders, plus some public (contact) folders, by right-clicking and selecting Call Contact. This feature could use our mobile phones (via Bluetooth) but more usually it uses our BCM office phone system. This all works fine. However, under this system we are maintaining a lot of duplicate data: 1 x Active Directory, 1 x Exchange 5.5 directory, and several public contact folders. We are moving to Exchange 2003 soon which will mean that Exchange will directly tap into AD, rather than maintain it's own directory. We would als...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Contact email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have deleted a friend's old email from Entourage and entered the new one. The old email is nowhere listed in my contact list, nor in address book, nor on my iPhone or Mobile Me. However, when I'm sending an email to my friend, Entourage &quot;helpfully&quot; provides the deleted email contact and if I don't notice, puts that one in the &quot;to&quot; or &quot;cc&quot; line. How can I get rid of this email info that isn't anywhere but sill reappears? ...

Hiding plot Area

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Account and Contact on One Opportunity
My sales team needs to know both who the Account is as well as who the primary Contact is for an Opportunity. Since there doesn't appear to be a way to have two fields on the Opportunity form to handle this, what is the recommended work-around? I can think of two: 1. Add an attribute and text box for "Account Name" to Opportunity that's filled in when Opportunity converted from Lead. 2. Write code to dynamically look up Account Name from selected Contact on Opportunity form whenever it's displayed. 3. Just fill in the Account name in the "Topic" field when...

Lost emaila and contacts
I have Outlook 2003 on windows XP. I was having an issue with Word and did a "repair". After I got a message that it was successful I went to open outlook and the setup wizard appeared and had me go thru all the steps as if outlook had just been installed on the pc. When I was done all of my emails from the past couple of uears and all my contacts were gone. Does anyone have any ideads on what happened or if they can be gotten back? Thanks. "carl43m" <carl43m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E440B11-F783-4477-8918-9D13DCF5C634@mic...

Contacts
Why can=B4t I choose multiple contacts and then=20 choose "Exchange Tasks"/"Establish E-mail Address"? When=20 selecting multiple contacts and choosing "Exchange Tasks"=20 the only option is "Delete E-mail Adresses".=20 Is there a way to "Establish E-mail Adresses" on contacts=20 by script? /Jon That is because contacts need and external email address,=20 so you need to establish and email address one by one. It=20 cannot be the same email address for all contacts. >-----Original Message----- >Why can=B4t I choose multiple contacts ...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

Data not saved in contact
I enter some info intp the Department field (Business tab)of any contact, save and close it. When I come to open this contact Department field is empty. It happens to all contacts , but only with this field. I have Outlook XP with POP3 account. Thank you Lilia ...