Help with SMTP Problems

Exchange 2003 over 2003AD.

For external sites users use Outlook 2003 via POP3\SMTP

Exchnage Manager\Server\Protocols\SMTP properties

Access tab\ Relay

The default as you know is "Only the list below" & "Allow all computers ..."

I am having a problem with this default config allow remote sites send mail.

Returns:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'user@domain.com'. Subject 'test
from me via pop', Account: 'mail.domain.net', Server: 'mail.domain.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
user@domain.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

How do I get past this. What setting have I missed?

0
Harry

Remote SMTP clients need to set up their e-mail client such that the
Outgoing server requires authentication.  This can usually be set up to "use
the same settings as my incoming server".  If you are only allowing Windows
authentication, you also need to specify that Secure Password Authentication
(SPA) is used.

As an alternative, you may look into setting up the remote sites with
RPC/HTTP(s) access to full Outlook.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Harry Bates" <harry@-NOSPAM-rocksystems.-NOSPAM-net> wrote in message
> Exchange 2003 over 2003AD.
>
> For external sites users use Outlook 2003 via POP3\SMTP
>
> Exchnage Manager\Server\Protocols\SMTP properties
>
> Access tab\ Relay
>
> The default as you know is "Only the list below" & "Allow all computers
> ..."
>
> I am having a problem with this default config allow remote sites send
> mail.
>

> Returns:
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
> by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'user@domain.com'. Subject
> 'test from me via pop', Account: 'mail.domain.net', Server:
> 'mail.domain.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to
> relay for user@domain.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC79
>
> How do I get past this. What setting have I missed?

0
Ben
6/17/2005 7:44:15 PM
"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom>
wrote:

>Remote SMTP clients need to set up their e-mail client such that the
>Outgoing server requires authentication.  This can usually be set up to "use
>the same settings as my incoming server".  If you are only allowing Windows
>authentication, you also need to specify that Secure Password Authentication
>(SPA) is used.

Hw might also be having a problem if his firewall's acting as a SMTP
proxy, too. A Cisco PIX, for example, will turn any ESMTP command into
"XXXX", so the client's EHLO is never seen, forcing them to use HELO.
If they do that they'll never see the AUTH keyword and they'll never
try authenticating.

The solution, if this is the case, is to disable the the MailGuard
feature on the PIX.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

sumifs help

Help !

multi-thread problem
I am not sure how to correctly write this Worker Thread example program. And I realize that this specific problem is somewhat more of a C++ issue. But I really needed to make sure that I was correctly writing this part of the program. I've also encountered another problem, but I thought it could be connected with this first problem here. However, I would hoped to ask about it later. How do you write the statement that "post" the long integer in the Controller thread to the receiving function. UINT CThreadTestDlg::Thread1(LPVOID lParam) { CThreadTestDlg* pHwnd = (...

Help with this thing

ole drag and drop problem in a ListView
I've implemented ole drag and drop in my application's listview. My understanding is that I should get scrolling for free but I don't get any scrolling action. Am I missing something here? I'm new to OLE so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Omundu. ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Meeting request's problem
When I sent a meeting request to a Group. Then, this meeting request might never marked in calendar of recipients if the recipients haven't open this request. Once the recipient open this meeting request, then it will marked in his calendar. I found that only I send it to a group, then this problem will be occur. Is't a bug? ...

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

Problem copying table data as a picture onto chartsheet
I'm having a strange problem. I'm creating a special chart which has a pie chart on it as well as some tabular data that is formatted the way we want it on a worksheet, then pasted onto the chartsheet as a picture. (The pie chart aspect is working fine. I'm just having a problem with the tabular data.) When I copy the tabular data manually by selecting the data on the worksheet, then going to the Home tab and choosing the Paste menu dropdown, then "As Picture", then "Copy as picture...". In the resulting dialog box, I choose "As shown on scr...

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

exch 5.5 help

Problems sharing a file
I'm running Excel 97 SR2 and Win98SE. When I share the workbook Excel wants to save the book. OK. It then notifies me that it contains macros & VB code ... OK. I then get an illegal operation message and it closes Excel without saving. When I open the file again, sharing is not enabled. Did I miss something? Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong? Oscar ...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

OnActivateView problem
I have a class derived from CView, say CViewA. I have controls in a CDialogBar. when the view CViewA is activated I enable the button on the dialogbar and when it is deactivated I disable the buttons on the dialog bar. But i donot want the buttons to enable or disable when there is switch between same type of view. This is creating refreshing problem. First the CViewA, OnActivateView is called with bActivate equal to False, then the same function is called with bActivate equals to true. I used the following code to find which view is getting active:- CMainFrame *frame = (CMainFrame *)AfxGet...

Macro Help

SMTP Messages Stop in Categorizer
Exchange 2003 Standard on Server 2003 1 org, mixed mode with exchange 5.5 SP4 on 2000 server SP4 Recently we have been having problems with both Internal and External messages getting stuck in the SMTP Categorizer on exch 2003. Some messages come through with no problem and other wont leave the Categorizer until you reboot the server. The SMTP service Hangs when I try and Just Stop it. Aslo tried to stop the IIS admin but the World Wide Publhishing service Hangs on stopping. Only way is to reboot the server. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Chad Actually, yes. Are you running any...

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

receiving mail problem
I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP Professional on our workstations. Last week we statred rejecting or bouncing incoming emaild from certain addresses. They faxed us the message which says "this message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server." We have not changed any settings or done anything different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. > I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP > Professional on our workstations. Last week we statred rejecting or > bouncing incom...

Exchange 5.5 Problem
I can't send email to this email address and I know it works since I tested it using my yahoo and hotmail accounts. For some reason our exchange 5.5 server is not sending it out. This is the message I get in return. "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 1/6/2004 10:25am The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'frednezzar@club-internet.fr' on 1/6/2004 10:25am The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ; p=hmt;l=londondc-04010616244...