Help with sending and receiving mail

I'm working on a Exchange rollout and had a question.  We are using Exchange
2003 and will be pulling mail from the ISP's POP3 server using a 3rd party
program that downloads the mail from the pop server and puts it into the
users Exchange mailbox.   Unfortunately, this migration from users POP3
local mail client will take several days to hit everyone in the company.
The domain name is lets say domainA.com.    If I migrate a user, and they
try to send an email to another internal user that hasn't been migrated to
exchange yet, I'm assuming exchange will kick back a could not deliver
message because the new user mailbox wouldn't have been created yet.  Is
there a way I can have messages addressed to the same domain name as the
exchange server, forwarded to the external POP3 server and what would I need
to do in order to do this?  If I want to research it on the web, what are
the terms that I should search for?

As an example, I migrate Bob@DomainA.com to the internal Exchange server.
Bob wants to send email to Larry@DomainA.com who has not been migrated and
is still using the external POP server.   If Bob sends an Email to Larry via
his Exchange account, Exchange will not be able to send it because it is the
mailserver for DomainA.com and Larry will not have a mailbox or account to
send it to.  Can I have Bob's message for Larry forwarded to the ISP
DomainA.com mailserver after the Exchange server determines that
Larry@DomainA.com doesn't exist in the Exchange organization?
Thanks Much


0
allenflo (2)
5/13/2004 5:42:11 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
376 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822943

allen wrote:

> I'm working on a Exchange rollout and had a question.  We are using Exchange
> 2003 and will be pulling mail from the ISP's POP3 server using a 3rd party
> program that downloads the mail from the pop server and puts it into the
> users Exchange mailbox.   Unfortunately, this migration from users POP3
> local mail client will take several days to hit everyone in the company.
> The domain name is lets say domainA.com.    If I migrate a user, and they
> try to send an email to another internal user that hasn't been migrated to
> exchange yet, I'm assuming exchange will kick back a could not deliver
> message because the new user mailbox wouldn't have been created yet.  Is
> there a way I can have messages addressed to the same domain name as the
> exchange server, forwarded to the external POP3 server and what would I need
> to do in order to do this?  If I want to research it on the web, what are
> the terms that I should search for?
>
> As an example, I migrate Bob@DomainA.com to the internal Exchange server.
> Bob wants to send email to Larry@DomainA.com who has not been migrated and
> is still using the external POP server.   If Bob sends an Email to Larry via
> his Exchange account, Exchange will not be able to send it because it is the
> mailserver for DomainA.com and Larry will not have a mailbox or account to
> send it to.  Can I have Bob's message for Larry forwarded to the ISP
> DomainA.com mailserver after the Exchange server determines that
> Larry@DomainA.com doesn't exist in the Exchange organization?
> Thanks Much

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
5/13/2004 8:41:43 AM
Thanks so much!!!


"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
news:40A334C6.A2FC6A6D@nomail.phxint.please.ru...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822943
>
> allen wrote:
>
> > I'm working on a Exchange rollout and had a question.  We are using
Exchange
> > 2003 and will be pulling mail from the ISP's POP3 server using a 3rd
party
> > program that downloads the mail from the pop server and puts it into the
> > users Exchange mailbox.   Unfortunately, this migration from users POP3
> > local mail client will take several days to hit everyone in the company.
> > The domain name is lets say domainA.com.    If I migrate a user, and
they
> > try to send an email to another internal user that hasn't been migrated
to
> > exchange yet, I'm assuming exchange will kick back a could not deliver
> > message because the new user mailbox wouldn't have been created yet.  Is
> > there a way I can have messages addressed to the same domain name as the
> > exchange server, forwarded to the external POP3 server and what would I
need
> > to do in order to do this?  If I want to research it on the web, what
are
> > the terms that I should search for?
> >
> > As an example, I migrate Bob@DomainA.com to the internal Exchange
server.
> > Bob wants to send email to Larry@DomainA.com who has not been migrated
and
> > is still using the external POP server.   If Bob sends an Email to Larry
via
> > his Exchange account, Exchange will not be able to send it because it is
the
> > mailserver for DomainA.com and Larry will not have a mailbox or account
to
> > send it to.  Can I have Bob's message for Larry forwarded to the ISP
> > DomainA.com mailserver after the Exchange server determines that
> > Larry@DomainA.com doesn't exist in the Exchange organization?
> > Thanks Much
>


0
allenflo (2)
5/13/2004 9:22:52 AM
Hello Allen,

Thanks for posting here.

I am glad to know your issue has been successfully resolved. If you need 
further help about this issue, please post back to let me know.

Have a good day!

Thanks & Regards
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
=====================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so 
that others may learn and benefit from your issue. 
=====================================================

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


0
v-asun (208)
6/14/2004 5:54:05 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

sumifs help
I have the following formula. =SUMIFS(Table1[2],$A$11:$A$22,$A38,$B$11:$B$22,$B38) It now needs to be changed to a formula that can handle text instead of numbers. How do i do it? Use Countif instead of Sumif from =SUMIF(Table1[2],$A$11:$A$22,$A38,$B$11:$B$22,$B38) to =CountIF(Table1[2],$A$11:$A$22,$A38,$B$11:$B$22,$B38) Do you really have a function Countifs with an "S" at the end? thie maybe an UDF that needs to be modified. -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: 229 View this th...

Help !
I need to create a data input screen on excel where multiple users at the same time will use them & input data. This data then needs to be stored as a database as well, where i can use it to understand trends Thank you. and the question is ...? <abrahamsaj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132155054.927936.191640@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I need to create a data input screen on excel where multiple users > at the same time will use them & input data. > This data then needs to be stored as a database as well, where i can > use it to understand trends >...

Public Folders can't receive email from outside sources.
This is on an exchange 2003 server. When external email is addressed to the public folder the sender gets these messages. I can send to this address from inside without error. Suggestions please. Thanks. Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:30:23 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;SubbasinPlanning@nwppc.org Action: failed Status: 5.2.1 X-Display-Name: Subbasin Planning Download Attachment: attachment21 Attachment21: Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, ...

Help with this thing
It was working in the window "Transactions >> Sales >> Transactions of Sales", but exactly were publishing a Quotation, which i wanna print, more nevertheless was shut up to me network, then I closed the window and it threw several messages to me of error, and from that then it was blocked the quotation that was working. My question is as I can unblock this document? ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!
I have XP Professional installed and Office XP Professional. I have several users setup for kids, as well as my admin account. I want to setup a Limited Account in addition to the Admin account for myself for daily use. Am I just suppose to pick a different account name and login password and then setup my MSN Messenger and Outlook POP email with same username and password that I used to setup the Admin account? I don't need to share any contacts or anything, I just setup the admin email in order to setup Outlook. I want to input my contact info etc., into the Limited account and use ...

Redirect mail with Outlook2000
This is probably a stupid question but is it possible to redirect mail using Outlook 2000? The PC in my office is always on. When I'm out of office I would like all incoming mail redirected to my home email address. Is this possible? Have you tried using the Rules Wizard to do that? "Paul" <pbras@antispam.postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message news:1v02n1tvm4lt11c6legk62vc4831elfvg8@4ax.com... > This is probably a stupid question but is it possible to redirect mail > using Outlook 2000? The PC in my office is always on. When I'm out of > office I would like all ...

HELP !!! I have a ARRAY Formula HELP !!!
Hello, Here is the ARRAY Formula I have and this is what I am using it for. The situation is that it worked 1 time and than not again. =INDEX(D48:K48,,MAX(IF(D48:K48<>"",COLUMN(D48:K48)))-COLUMN(D48)+1 Duty: I have a row of number that appear hourly (DOLLAR AMOUNTS), the numbe are anything from nothing to 10000. I want the hourly number to appea in specified cell. Here is an example. (I am using EXCEL 2000) Row D48:K48 answer in cell G2 1st hour D48 = $100.00 G2 Should be $100.00 2nd Hour D48 = $100.00 E48 = (nothing) G2 Should be (nothing) 3rd Hour D48 = $1...

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

exch 5.5 help
I am in a progress to upgrade Exchange 5.5 (on NT4) to Exhange 2k3 (on 2k3). I setup a test machine and upgrade the OS to w2k3. 1st I want to connect the 5.5 to AD, so I should install ADC. Can anyone tell me the steps? Frorestprep, domainprep, setup adc, and upgrade to exchange 2k3? If you run through the steps in the E2K3 deployment tools they will walk you through everything. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. � 2004 Microsoft Corporation. Al...

Receivables Aging Process Error
During processing Cash Receipts, we had a power failure at our offices. I am getting the following error when Aging Receivables: "Documents exist in a recovered batch or in an interrupted transaction-level posting session that have not been posted. If you continue, only the documents that have been posted will be included". Does anyone have an idea how we can troubleshoot this problem? Maria, Did you look in Batch Recovery? Is there anything in there? Have you tried running check links? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Maria" <betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Use Outlook to send to contacts in a query
Is there a way to set Outlook to send to contacts stored in a query (or a table) WITHOUT just importing them and doing it that way? I want to create a database, set Outlook to look in it, and have it send to contacts whose contact information will be listed in that database. Alan: Yes, there is a way. But have you explored, and rejected, storing contacts in Outlook and creating Outlook Distribution Lists? If you really need to store your contacts in Access, then you could use VBA code in your Access database to start Outlook and send and an email (or Mailitem as Outlook calls it). Y...

User cannot send outgoing mail.
I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server 2003. When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user does not exist". Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after this switch. This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find nothing anywhere about this issue. Thanks. Are they trying to send to users in your Exchange organization or an external address? "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

CRM 3.0 Invalid Association error when sending email
On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know about this? Thanks! Hi. I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone find a resolution to this? Thanks in Advance. Dav "Troy" wrote: > On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The > request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know > about this? Thanks! Reply to self - turned out to be the authe...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10
Need a Formula for the following: Data Table A B C D E F G H I 1 Tom A W 2 H 30 84 30 2 Peter A W 3 H 3 Nick B L 1 A 70 Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player. Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding breaks below. Result Table High Breaks A B Name Break 1 ...

Send pdf inline (not as attachment)
Is there a way to send a pdf file as the message and not as an attachment? I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it. Thanks Ehm... "I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it." Then you'll need to send it as a PDF as the message format also depends on the mailclient being used an whether or not the mailserver supports that type of formatting. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an O...

Need help in data copying.
Hi I have an invoicing file in excel (Sheet1). I need to store the dat which is invoiced into another sheet. My Invoice Data starting from Ro 8 and column B to F (The first item is from B8-F8, second item i B9-F9). B-Item Code, C-Item Name, D-Qty, E-Price, F-Total. Once I print the invoice, I need to transfer the data to another shee (Sheet2) . When I create another invoice, the new data should be added below t the previous data in Sheet2. So that I can have all the items I sol in Sheet2. Can someone help me sending a macro for it??? I will be grateful to you. Thanks in advance Tom -...

help...help...help
I just installed Microsoft Office XP Professionaql with no problem. However, whenever I try to perform any task such as opening contacts area in order to create an entry, I receive a dialog box with Microsoft Outlook and a yellow exclamation point. Also, included in the dialog box are the words could not open the item, try again. Other information that might be important is that I use a pst file. The error message also occurs when I try to open the Contact folder from the folder list as well as when I try to perform any function. It was a clean install not an upgrade. Could you ...

trouble receiving mail
hi oh computer smart ones!! am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg: Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au', Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling...

Macro Help
Hi, I had alot of help yesterday from Jacob with the following macro, but am getting a 'run time error 13' when trying to run the macro, and i cannot see why. Any help much appreciated Sub OLApp() Dim objOL As Object, objApp As Object, lngRow As Long Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") For lngRow = 9 To Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row If Range("E" & lngRow) = "" Then Set objApp = objOL.CreateItem(1) With objApp ..Subject = "Change Password for system" & Range("A" & lngRow)...

Reg hiding such parameters in the properties of the mail #2
hi , I am using the outlook 2003 client for sending the email. when it reaches the destination end, the destined user is easily identifying the parameters like, from where the mail is coming like, public ip, machine name, and local ip address of the system which the mail is originated.. so i do not want to publisize such parameters to the outside world.. so how would i adjust the oulook such a way it should not take such parameters while sending the emails. i shal be thankfull if u help me on this! thanks in advance rizwan <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#8ikqBqv...

help me #2
how to restrict entering of same values or data in excel cell Hi if you mean the 'preventing of duplicate entries' you may check the following site http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mangesh khati wrote: > how to restrict entering of same values or data in excel > cell ...

Problem with LeadTools CreateWindow inCFormView -Help !!!
Hi , I have been using LeadTools in Visual Studio 2005. I have a tabctrl and dialogs in each tab and developed using CFormView. So a tabCtrl is a child of CFromView and tab1 is a child of TabCtrl. I want to insert a LEAD control in one of the tabs .i.e, Dialog.I am unable to insert a leadcontrol but inserting a control in the view was easy.The problem is I am not able to get the HWND associated to a particular dialog which is super child of View. Can somebody help me in creating a lead control in the dialog configdlg .h LAnnotationWindow m_LAnnoWnd; FormView.cpp CMyTabCtrl m_myCtrlTab; ...

How can I know if a e-mail was delivered succesfully?
Hello How can I know if a e-mail was delivered succesfully? I sent some days ago a confidential e-mail. I know that I can to set a e-mail before to send but not after... may be from Exchange server it's possible? Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 Thanks Henpat no, that's not possible...if you didn't have delivery or read receipt selected before you sent the message, you can't do that afterward and get the receipt... "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u7yToJyIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How can I know if a e-mail wa...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction
I have an application with a .chm help-file. But I have some questions about the behaviour of the help-window. I use a modal application window and I can start the help. The help windows appears but it is allways in foreground of my application window. I can set the input focus on my window, the help window becomes inactive but I cannot move my window over the help window. So I have to close the help window or minimize it or move it aside of my application window when I want to go on in my application. The other problem is when I minimize the help window and then open a dialog...

CString help
I'm looking at a website on CString Management: http://www.codeproject.com:80/string/cstringmgmt.asp In the section entitled, "CString to char * II: Using GetBuffer," the author stresses calling ReleaseBuffer after calling GetBuffer. Is this always necessary? I often use CString::GetBuffer when using CStrings in MessageBox dialogs like so: MessageBox(m_hWnd, cString.GetBuffer(0), lpTitle, MB_OK); Should I be adding a ReleaseBuffer after a MessageBox call? Should I be passing my string data to the MessageBox in another way? Regards, Joe > Is this always necessary?...