Help Please. Exchange server trying to replicate to another exchange server that is no longer alive.

I had 1 of 10 exchange servers go out of commision recently.  1 of my
exchange servers is still trying to replicate public folders to it.  How
can I stop this from happening if the server it's trying to replicate to
is no longer alive.  Exchange Manager wants the other server to be up
before I can stop the replication.

thanks,

comb
0
whore (21)

Hi Combfilter,

If the server is Dead and will not be returning to service ever then remove
it from the org and the replica list will be cleared up and the current
replication traffic will NDR and be delt with by Exchange.

If the server is going to be coming back online then don't worry about these
messages instead concentrate on getting the server back up and running as
quickly as possible.  These messages should not be having a significant
impact on any normal server activities.

Hope this Helps,
--
Matthew Byrd [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer

"combfilter" <whore@whore.com> wrote in message
>I had 1 of 10 exchange servers go out of commision recently.  1 of my
> exchange servers is still trying to replicate public folders to it.  How
> can I stop this from happening if the server it's trying to replicate to
> is no longer alive.  Exchange Manager wants the other server to be up
> before I can stop the replication.
>
> thanks,
>
> comb

0
matbyrd (120)

Unable to install dpm 2007 sp1 agent to Server 2008R2
I am unable to do an install of the dpm agent to server 2008R2, from DPM Manager I get errors, manual install seems to work, but dpm server is unable to communicate, the is the AgentBootstapperCurr.errlog: PS. I first installed the updated version from 1038 directory, then uninstalled and installed the original SP1 one: 0D28 0A10 04/03 11:39:58.204 14 main.cpp(1801) Failed: F: lVal : (HANDLE)(schService = OpenServiceW( schSCManager, strServiceName.PeekStr(), (0x00010000L) | 0x0020 | 0x0004)): 0x80070424 0D28 0A10 04/03 11:39:58.204 14 main.cpp(1839) DeleteServiceByName for...

sumifs help

Exchange Migration tools wizard
Hello, I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but when the tools asked me to add the .csv file. I don't know what kind of information I can put into this file. Can you help me. "Romulus" <tezam@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:e9qg86$2gt0$1@biggoron.nerim.net... > Hello, > > I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. > > Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. > > So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but wh...

Help !

Moving CRM server 08-09-07
We are shifting a portion of our office to a new location. This includes moving the CRM server as well. The new location is on a different subnet. My question is will there be any impact of the move on the CRM? Please note that the CRM server IP Address will change. The CRM Server has the CRM and SQL server installed. Btw, we have not upgraded to CRM 3.0 and are still on 1.2 at this point. Thanks I don't think it will affect you, as long as update the IP address correctly on your server and your users can access the server. Also you have SQL and CRM in the same box. You should be go...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Exchange and fax
We want to be able to send faxes by email (with attachments) to our client's fax machine. Does anyone know a decent third party add-on product for Exchange 5.5 server (on NT4 OS) that lets us send out faxes by email? Thanks. GFI Essentials FaxMaker for Exchange works well for us and is pretty simple to set up "Ron" <jfkfjdsarewureow@ruioewuroiewvkjhdkghdska.com> wrote in message news:OC3MJHDTFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > We want to be able to send faxes by email (with attachments) to our client's > fax machine. Does anyone know a decent third party add-on...

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

Resource mailbox and AutoAccept Agent Exchange 2003
Hello, I am hoping osmeone can assist me in configuring a reosurce mailbox and autoaccept agent. We are currently running an Exchange 2003 server with Autoaccept installed and configured. We have within public folders a subfolder called "bookings" and within it are the names of our various conference rooms in calendar format. When someone wantsto book one of the conference rooms, they schedule it, save and close and get a reply of accept or deny. The public calendar for this conference room is automatically updated. This was all configured prior to me starting at the company. No...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Free/Busy not available after upgrading to Exchange 2003
After we successfully migrated the users to the new exchange server 2003, we find a new problem. User cannot see the free/busy when scheduling meeting in the calendar. I suspect this a replication issue. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. -- Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8207 Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine MXGBL2. The error number is 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. -KHY ...

Does HQ run better on XP or Win Server 2003?
I'm running HQ on a win2000 machine. I would like to upgrade. Does it run better in XP or Win Server 2003? Is it certified for Win Server 2003? HQ will run fine on either. Remember that there are many components to "HQ" - Server, Client, Manager and a database - you may want to split those functions across several systems. We normally recommend a full version of SQL Server rather than MSDE for HQ Environments, and that requires a Server OS - consider Small Business Server Premier which includes SQL Server as well as Win 2K3 Sever and some of the other MS Back Office s...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Address mapping and rewrite in Exchange 2003?
I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come in on @domain1.com and then forwarding it on to internal boxes as @domain2.com. Exchange 5.5 IMC could do it and I heard that 2003 could do it as well.... "Dima" <voland@begemot.com> wrote: >I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick >bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an >address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come >in on @domain1.com and then fo...

Macro Help

Backing up server in another forest (with trust)
I have DPM 2007 with Service Pack1. I am trying to backup data from a server that is in a domain in a different forest from the one that holds the DPM server. ForestA.com - has DPM-01 server as a member of the root domain ForestB.com - has the server FS-01 to be backed up as a member of the root domain. All servers on the network are Windows Server 2008. There is a trust relationship between the two forests. The good news is that we got the backups to work, however the problem is that they fail after a while and we get an "access denied" error from the DPMRA s...

help me #2

Exchange Application Error
Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9153 Date: 5/24/2004 Time: 5:41:28 AM User: N/A Computer: DomainExchange Description: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0xc0072030' when setting DS notification. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Any insite would be appreciated? Regards, We need more information of your environment. Mixed? Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000? There are other events that come right before this that should give us more information also. These may be info...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help