Help Please #2

Hello There
i'm experiencing a very weird problem lately with my E2k Srever. This started 10 days ago. Whenever i create a new user, the user can logon his mailbox using OWA, but somehow they can't create an outlook profile. Everytime the user tries to create an outlook profile, the server comes bak with the prompt of username, password and domain name, despite that the user is logged on the domain. I made sure that this wasn't a name resolution problem by logging on the same machine and configuring my own profile. to make things complicated, when i log in as admin and configure the users profile it works, but when it's the new user himself, the server always come back with the prompt
Any ideas
Thanks in advance.
0
anonymous (74722)

If they can log in with OWA that means the mailbox was created and stamped
by the RUS.
If you can checkname and log in then DNS is likely OK.

Can the user go to a machine where its been working for a while and test it?
If it works there we know its machine specific.

You could also have a user (non-admin) that works on one machine try the
same thing on this problem machine.
If it fails, more proof that its machine specific.

I would check the binding order.

See if this helps or any of the articles at the bottom of this one.

325930 How to troubleshoot connectivity issues that are caused by RPC client
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325930

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"E2K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello There;
> i'm experiencing a very weird problem lately with my E2k Srever. This
started 10 days ago. Whenever i create a new user, the user can logon his
mailbox using OWA, but somehow they can't create an outlook profile.
Everytime the user tries to create an outlook profile, the server comes bak
with the prompt of username, password and domain name, despite that the user
is logged on the domain. I made sure that this wasn't a name resolution
problem by logging on the same machine and configuring my own profile. to
make things complicated, when i log in as admin and configure the users
profile it works, but when it's the new user himself, the server always come
back with the prompt.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance.

0
mbarta (202)
4/12/2004 8:31:11 PM
Now it's getting weirder, i've just found out that the new users can create an outlook profile and connect to their mailboxes in workgroup mode (without logging on the domain), which leads me to think that maybe the Dc is not able to authenticate the user to the exchange server. Obviously the authentication requests between my DC and my E2K server for the new users is not working
Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)
4/12/2004 11:01:08 PM
DCDAIG and NETDIAG should help.

E2K wrote:

> Now it's getting weirder, i've just found out that the new users can create an outlook profile and connect to their mailboxes in workgroup mode (without logging on the domain), which leads me to think that maybe the Dc is not able to authenticate the user to the exchange server. Obviously the authentication requests between my DC and my E2K server for the new users is not working.
> Any ideas?
0
kpalagin1 (1216)
4/12/2004 11:38:22 PM
I would check DNS and AD.  It sounds like DNS is not being updated properly.
Some of the other MS guys can help with the article numbers.

Good Luck!

> Now it's getting weirder, i've just found out that the new users can
create an outlook profile and connect to their mailboxes in workgroup mode
(without logging on the domain), which leads me to think that maybe the Dc
is not able to authenticate the user to the exchange server. Obviously the
authentication requests between my DC and my E2K server for the new users is
not working.
> Any ideas?

0
acent1 (3)

2 different recipient update policies
Hello, If i have 2 different RUS policies. Which will be a users default reply address? The lowest prioirty because it is applied last, or the highest priority because it is more important? Thanks The highest priority Recipient Policy that does not exclude the recipient is applied. Good reference: How the Recipient Update Service applies recipient policies http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328738/ -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <aaronw@firstmac.com.au> wrote in message ...

Excel forms #2
Is there a way to create a form in Excel that displays radio buttons that then indicate a choice. I am looking for a simple way to create a student test app without having to use Visual Basic.NET, just excel. Any directions to point me? I have done a lot of macros, etc. when I was working but don't know what 'form' type controls have been created for Excel in recent times. Thanks, Fred Hi Fred Userforms: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html You know VBA, so this is a walk in the park. And fun to do. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Fred Blair" <passport@...

Conditional Format help 03-18-10
Hi I have a date in H4 where using conditional formatting, will flag green if its within 2 days of today, amber if 2-3 days of today and red if 3+ days from today however, i need the formatting to stop if there has been a date entered into I4 (as this will mean there is no need for the cell to flag to us that there is no data in I4 if that makes sense) can anyone help please? thanks Dennis What do you mean by >i need the formatting to stop if there has been a date > entered into I4 What colour should the cell be? No colour or the colour it was when the date ...

Help with upgrade from Essential
I previously downloaded Essential before realizing that I needed Deluxe Plus (thanks to Mr Watson). I deleted Essential from my computer (or so I thought), downloaded Deluxe.......well, the Registry still says it's Essential (although I can use the features of Deluxe, like adding categories, etc). I am also unable to backup...get this message: Path name is invalid. Please use a valid path name. I'm in a mess ...what now Dr Watson??? "SLC" <SLC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B7A2B1-AC2D-45A4-A5B4-7393553B1840@microsoft.com... >I previously ...

Attachment Printing #2
I have a strange issue that recently started with Outlook 2003. Whenever I go to print an email that contains an attachment, it tries to open the attachent as well and print that. I do not want this to occur. I only want to print the body of the email. What has made this start happening and where is the setting to correct this? I cannot find it anywhere. I also do not have any third party software installed other than Adobe Acrobat, but it tries to open office (word, excel) files as well if they are included as an attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the p...

Unable to display folder #2
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002, and when I go into tools -> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX) and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works fine. I have permissions to join the mailbox and other people in my orga...

ASP.NET 2.0: problem using xmlDataSource and GridView...

adding data to sheet 2 from sheet 1
I have two sheets, one that I add information to and one that is a summary of the completed information from sheet 1. Once I add 'completed' into column A, I want that row's data to paste into the next available row in sheet 2. So, what I would have in sheet one is everything but in sheet 2 is just the completed items. Is there a way to do this? Thank you, Jaime -- jegal76 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jegal76's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28077 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

get data form cells sequentially #2
Thank very much for the reply, but i must be a little thick as i still couldnt figure it out, could you please, if you get a minute check out my spreadsheet which i have uploaded onto my server? You will see some date at consuistent intervals down column G and also where i woul like all these date to apear along row 1 starting at J (this is where i would like to continue using the formula?? I hope i have described this well enough and thanks again for all your help!!!! here is the link to my spreadsheet - http://www.masson.tv/sepcalc.xls Thanks again Kind regards Swmasson -- swmasso...

W-2 C forms
It appears that Great Plains does not handle the new W-2 C format that needs both previously reported and correct information. Is this true and are there plans for supporting this? Do you recommend that they hand-type these forms? ...

Autochk not found
Hey yesterday I installed Linux ubuntu, on my computer. It works fine. When i try to change back the os to windows xp pro it says that autochk is not found - skipping autocheck and it keeps on restarting. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Try to explain how i can fix this. :) -- Simooon19 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simooon19's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159277.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1276598.htm http://forums.techarena.in Contact the people who wrote your b...

upgrading #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Trying to upgrade office to 12.1.0 I get the message that no software is found on that volume (only volume!)... so the upgrade fails Yeah, this happens to a few folks, but it's not usually insurmountable. For some reason the installer is trying to locate Office on the same virtual disk it came from:-) Try the fix here & reply back if you have any further problems: http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/05/workaround_when_updater_fails.html HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/30/08 2:47 AM, in article...

Migrating from 5.5 to 2003 #2
I have just about completed the migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. We have moved all the mailboxes and changed the DNS entries to the new server IP. All mail is now being sent to the new server but if I stop the Exchange service on our 5.5 server no e-mail is being sent out. I figured this part out when I noticed the queue on the new server pointing to the old server with the protocol x400 had a lot of unsent messages. Obviously the mail is being routed from the new server thru the old server but I cannot figure out where to change this so it send from the new server. Any ideas? Hi Motley...

file lungo ad aprirsi #2
> Cari Amici, > ho fatto un foglio elettronico con excel di circa 20 > fogli, con alcune formule per foglio e collegamenti ipertestuali tra > un foglio e l'altro. > Ho usato excel 2000 e non sapendo usare access ho nascosto le righe e > le colonne che avanzavano dai miei fogli per dar loro un aspetto come > un sw. Ho protetto il tutto e sul mio pc ( celeron 1.600 mhz 256 ram > wk ) per aprire tale file ci mette 22 secondi, su quello di un > collega ( PIV 2.200 mhz win xp pro 256 ram ) ci mette 9 sec e su > altri meno potenti non si apre proprio. &g...

missing cell rows (jumps from 2 directly to 9)
I wonder why a excel file I received have some rows invisible. It jumps directly from 2 to 9 and no 3 to 8? It's not hidden as hide is grayed. Thanks, It could mean that the worksheet is filtered. Do you see arrows on any of the "header" cells (row 1???) Look at the row numbers. Are they grey or blue? If they're blue, it's autofilter. Try this (xl2003 menus): Data|Filter|show all I'm not sure what "hide is grayed" means, but if it's not autofilter, then try this next. F5 (same as Edit|goto) type: 1:65536 and hit enter Then ...

How to sum with 2 conditions
In the following example how can I add all the comissions for Apartments in San Francisco or Houses in New York using SumIf for example?? Type Property Value Commission Apartment San Francisco 7,000 House New York 14,000 Apartment New York 21,000 Apartment San Francisco 13,000 House San Francisco 28,000 Apartment New York 8,000 A simple way would be to use =sumif+sumif -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Alejandro" <Alejandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29970A48-CF9C-4D04-8C65-...

Changing legend Text #2
How do you change the text in the legend block from Series 1,2 etc to a more appropiate heading, ie the description of the line it represents , on 2007 Student & Home. I know this can be done easilly on Works Spreadsheet and older versions of Excel. Thanks ...

percentage #2
Jan 10 Feb 15 Mar 25 Total 50 What is the best way to figure the percentages of each? Do I create another column? What is the best formula to use? Thanks. Hi Ralph in the adjacent column enter the following =A1/$A$5 -> if A5 is the cell that stores your total copy down format this row as percentage ('Format - Cells') Frank Ralph Smith wrote: > Jan 10 > Feb 15 > Mar 25 > > Total 50 > > What is the best way to figure the percentages of each? Do I create > another column? What is the best formula to use? > ...

testing 2
Again, I am running a test. Please ignore this post. Thank you. Stanley ...

Custom entity add businessunit attribute #2
I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with businessunits. There is an attribute named owningbusinessunit but that attribute is not selectable under forms and view ---> form ---> add fields What have I done wrong or it is the way Microsoft CRM works? Don't worry! This is a system field and cannot be added onto the form. You can add a custom business unit field by creating a new attribute. HTH, Niths "刀客" wrote: > I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with > businessunits. There > is an attribute named owni...

Data Migration from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0
How do I import the Opportunities information from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0? I have 1.2 installed on the old server. 3.0 installed on another server. We didn't perform any upgrades, as we were evaluating the products. I just need to get the Opportunities information from 1.2 to 3.0. Any help is appreciated Thanks Vinay Since it wasn't an upgrade, your choice currently are: 1. Use tool such as Scribe to load from v1.2 to v3.0 2. Build an SDK program to read v1.2 opty and bring into v3.0 (not practical) Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "VNB&quo...

Resolution to CRM 1.2 database export failed error during 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
After struggling with this error working with MS Support and receiving no resolution, we were able to solve the problem through KB article 916924 (see below). Why MS Support did not point us to this in the first place is quite frustrating, so hopefully this will help others! CAUSE Cause 1 This problem occurs because there are saved queries in the Microsoft CRM 1.2 databases that are malformed. This problem usually occurs because a third-party product is not completely removed from the Microsoft CRM databases before you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. Cause 2 This problem occurs if th...

Sumif problems
Column M can be A, B, C, D or E COlumn N is $amts Q can be P0, P1, P2 or P3 sum col n if col m = a and col q = p1 =SUMIF($M$14:$M$53,AND($M$14:$M$53="A",$Q$14:$Q$53="p1"),$N$14:$N$53) can't get this formula to give me the correct answer... instead it gives me Nil all the time... why?? =SUMPRODUCT(--($M$14:$M$53="A"),--($Q$14:$Q$53="p1"),$N$14:$N$53) "Kikkoman" wrote: > Column M can be A, B, C, D or E > COlumn N is $amts > Q can be P0, P1, P2 or P3 > > sum col n if col m = a and col q = p1 > > =SUMIF($M$14:$M...

eseutil help
I'm a Network Admin for a Small Business Server 2000 domain of about 20 XP workstations. Last week I generated too many audits of the Security Event Logs which resulted in all server related activity slowing tremendously. Emails sat in users' Outbox folder for up to an hour before being sent and it took about this long for users to receive external emails. When I found out about this, the Bad Mail folder was full and the SMTP virtual server was corrupted. After I created a new Bad Mail folder and SMTP virtual server, the network returned to normal. However, the overall net...

401 woksheet Help
Hi, I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15. 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401 worksheet. 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at HQ and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu. After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without errors. It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading global customers from HQ Any clues? Regards Dan ------=_NextPart_0001_1FFE6FA5 Content-Type: text/pla...