Help on convert Custom Email Address Policy, Address List on Ex 20

Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH filters:
It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange server
and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version:

(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com)))

when we right click address list on exchange 2007 SP2 standard version, I
got pop-up " The specified address list could not be edited. Address list
created using legacy versions of Microsoft Exchange must be upgraded by using
the "forceUgrade" parameter of the "Set-AddressList" cmdlet". I had upgraded
the default ones. Just don't know how to upgrade these custom ones. Your help
is greately appreciated!

Did you ask yourself whether you still need it?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"RayRogers" <RayRogers@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH
> filters:
> It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange
> server
> and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version:
>
> (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com)))
>
> when we right click address list on exchange 2007 SP2 standard version, I
> got pop-up " The specified address list could not be edited. Address list
> created using legacy versions of Microsoft Exchange must be upgraded by
> using
> the "forceUgrade" parameter of the "Set-AddressList" cmdlet". I had
> upgraded
> the default ones. Just don't know how to upgrade these custom ones. Your
> help
> is greately appreciated!

0
Ed
11/11/2009 8:20:34 PM
Okay, as I parse this, it looks like this:

(&
  (&
    (&
      (&
        (mailnickname=*)
        (|
          (&
            (objectCategory=person)
            (objectClass=user)
            (!(homeMDB=*))
            (!(msEXchHomeServerName=*))
          )
          (&
            (objectCategory=person)
            (objectClass=user)
            (|(homeMDB=*)
              (msExchHomeServerName=*))
            )
          (&
            (objectCategory=person)
            (objectClass=contact)
          )
          (objectCategory=group)
          (objectCateory=publicFolder)
        )
      )
    )
  (objectCategory=user)
  (mail=*bc.com)
  )
)

I'm wondering whether this actually works.  Since "objectCategory=user" has
to be true, I believe it matches nobody since I don't believe that's a valid
objectCategory.

So, my thinking right now is that you could probably delete it.  Have you
tested whether it matches any objects?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"RayRogers" <RayRogers@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH
> filters:
> It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange
> server
> and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version:
>
> (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com)))
>
> when we right click address list on exchange 2007 SP2 standard version, I
> got pop-up " The specified address list could not be edited. Address list
> created using legacy versions of Microsoft Exchange must be upgraded by
> using
> the "forceUgrade" parameter of the "Set-AddressList" cmdlet". I had
> upgraded
> the default ones. Just don't know how to upgrade these custom ones. Your
> help
> is greately appreciated!

0
Ed

Can we create custom SSRS reports for CRM Online using Visual Stud
Can we use Visual Studio (or SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio) to create custom reports that can be uploaded to a CRM Online deployment, or even download standard reports and modify them? I don't know how that would work because I don't know if we would have access to the SQL Server database. Hi Michael, you can add new reports into CRM Online - as when you add Reports into any Microsoft CRM Deployment, the upload rountine replaces the Connection Details in the Report with the correct ones for the CRM Deployment you are uploading into. However whilst you can...

sumifs help

HTML Emails Loose Formatting on Forward / Reply
We are currently sending out some HTML emails (via a programmatic tool) to members of our company who use Outlook 2000 -2004. These emails use inline style definitions (i.e. defined in the header) that are applied throughout the email (i.e. to table cells, paragraphs, etc.). The problem is: The styles seem to come through fine when the user first receives the email, but when a user replies or forwards the email, the outlook/word editor seems to generate its own interpretation of those styles which ends up being very different from how they orginally looked. I've seen other HTML based em...

Public Folders can't receive email from outside sources.
This is on an exchange 2003 server. When external email is addressed to the public folder the sender gets these messages. I can send to this address from inside without error. Suggestions please. Thanks. Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:30:23 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;SubbasinPlanning@nwppc.org Action: failed Status: 5.2.1 X-Display-Name: Subbasin Planning Download Attachment: attachment21 Attachment21: Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, ...

Help !

Help with this thing

email with attachments keeps repeating to the recipient
when I send an email with an attached document or photo, wether it be initatyed by me or forwarded, the recipients gets the email multiple times. I have to delete the outgoing email to limit the number of times the recipient gets the email. thanks all. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-...

Cannot hide recipients in the Global Address List
Windows 2000 domain + Exchange 2000 + Outlook 2000. I hide a user, but his name instill shows up in the Globe Address List. It didn't happen before. Anybody can help me??? Andy On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:52:34 -0600, "Andy Zhou" <andy.zhou@mail.com> wrote: >Windows 2000 domain + Exchange 2000 + Outlook 2000. I hide a user, but his >name instill shows up in the Globe Address List. It didn't happen before. >Anybody can help me??? > >Andy > IS the RUS updating for new accounts properly? Hi Andy, Thanks for posting here. First, I would like to cl...

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Support Email to Support Case
I've only earned about two days of experience with this program so far, so here goes my first request... I have the Pro Suite 1.2 version of CRM and I've successfully setup a Queue User so that all emails that come to Support@***.com are automatically entered into CRM. I would like to have CRM automatically create a CASE with this email, or at least have a CASE created when someone accepts or assigns the email. Is this possible? Is this something I'll need the Workflow Manager for? Thanks for your help in advance, Vito You need www.c360.com's Email to Case module. It&#...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

email a worksheet
Is there a way to email, just one worksheet froma workbook, don't want to send entire workbook, right now have to do alot of copy/paste into an email with just content want. Excel 2007/Outlook 2007 on Vista enterprise HTH: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/mail3.htm Micky "Nadine" wrote: > Is there a way to email, just one worksheet froma workbook, don't want to > send entire workbook, > right now have to do alot of copy/paste into an email with just content want. > > Excel 2007/Outlook 2007 on Vista enterprise ...

Cannot Read Emails in Public Folders
We have Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 running in native mode. Client is Outlook 2003 There are two Public Folders that are e-mail enabled. I can send email to them and in Outlook I can see the list of mail items however when I (as administrator) go to open them I get the message Can't open this item. Unknown Error. The strange thing is yesterday, when I set up these folders and sent a test message to them - I could open them. Now today I cannot open any of the previous messages sent yesterday or new ones sent now. I can however delete the items! I can post to the folder but a...

Envelope not shown for new email in Outlook 2003 SP3
One of my users has a problem where the envelope does not show in the task bar next to the clock when new mail arrives in Outlook 2003 SP3. The settings are properly set - show an envelope icon in the notification area, display a new mail mail desktop alert. It did work for the longest time, now does not. Does anyone know why the envelope will not show when he received new email - internal or internet mail, and if you know a way to resolve ? maybe re-install Outlook ? thanks, Bob ...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

Pop Form Based On individual Customer
How would you assign a pop up message for an individual customer for example let say i go to the record john doe I want to assign a pop up message for that specific customer so who ever enters into that record the message will pop up automatically with notes or the user cld add notes. I have the following Customer Table Pop Up Message Table CustomerID(PK) MessageID(PK) LastName CustomerID(Lookup Customer Table) FirstName Note SS# Address1 Address2 City State Zip Phone ...

Create and set up custom forms in OWA
Hey there! I read, that it is possible to convert custom forms to asp so that they can be used in OWA. Is there another tool than Microsoft Outlook HTML Form Converter to do the conversion-part? Do you know of an article that describes exactely how to set up such a form and where to install it etc. Like: What to do after I turned the Outlook custom form into an ActiveServerPage? Thanks for any help, Reto. ...

Multiple incoming emails
Why do I get mulitples in incoming emails (5)? I've check under accounts, and only have one active. Just started 2 days ago. "momof2" <momof2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BF8AB8-2620-48C8-9A30-7D750BF7A17B@microsoft.com... > Why do I get mulitples in incoming emails (5)? I've check under accounts, > and > only have one active. Just started 2 days ago. See if something here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...