Help on convert Custom Email Address Policy, Address List on Ex 20

Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH filters:
It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange server
and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version:

(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com)))

when we right click address list on exchange 2007 SP2 standard version, I
got pop-up " The specified address list could not be edited. Address list
created using legacy versions of Microsoft Exchange must be upgraded by using
the "forceUgrade" parameter of the "Set-AddressList" cmdlet". I had upgraded
the default ones. Just don't know how to upgrade these custom ones. Your help
is greately appreciated!

Did you ask yourself whether you still need it?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"RayRogers" <RayRogers@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH
> filters:
> It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange
> server
> and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version:
>
> (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com)))
>
> when we right click address list on exchange 2007 SP2 standard version, I
> got pop-up " The specified address list could not be edited. Address list
> created using legacy versions of Microsoft Exchange must be upgraded by
> using
> the "forceUgrade" parameter of the "Set-AddressList" cmdlet". I had
> upgraded
> the default ones. Just don't know how to upgrade these custom ones. Your
> help
> is greately appreciated!

0
Ed
11/11/2009 8:20:34 PM
Okay, as I parse this, it looks like this:

(&
  (&
    (&
      (&
        (mailnickname=*)
        (|
          (&
            (objectCategory=person)
            (objectClass=user)
            (!(homeMDB=*))
            (!(msEXchHomeServerName=*))
          )
          (&
            (objectCategory=person)
            (objectClass=user)
            (|(homeMDB=*)
              (msExchHomeServerName=*))
            )
          (&
            (objectCategory=person)
            (objectClass=contact)
          )
          (objectCategory=group)
          (objectCateory=publicFolder)
        )
      )
    )
  (objectCategory=user)
  (mail=*bc.com)
  )
)

I'm wondering whether this actually works.  Since "objectCategory=user" has
to be true, I believe it matches nobody since I don't believe that's a valid
objectCategory.

So, my thinking right now is that you could probably delete it.  Have you
tested whether it matches any objects?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"RayRogers" <RayRogers@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH
> filters:
> It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange
> server
> and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version:
>
> (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com)))
>
> when we right click address list on exchange 2007 SP2 standard version, I
> got pop-up " The specified address list could not be edited. Address list
> created using legacy versions of Microsoft Exchange must be upgraded by
> using
> the "forceUgrade" parameter of the "Set-AddressList" cmdlet". I had
> upgraded
> the default ones. Just don't know how to upgrade these custom ones. Your
> help
> is greately appreciated!

0
Ed

Customization
Can I customize existing screens of RMS store Manager? I have read to use add-ins which is for seperate applications but If I want to add more field on the Item Maintenenance screen, how this is possible Regards Ahsan Raheem Minhas Sr. ERP Consultant Business Solutions, Pakistan No, you can't customize the built-in screens of RMS. Most manager type add-ins end up replacing the RMS screens - duplicating their functionality and adding more. Alternatively, you can use a "Hook" function to launch an additional window with your extended fields upon Item Save. Replacing the ...

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Formula help... #3
In column A there are cells with team names in them like the following: NYY NYY NYY @OAK @OAK @OAK BOS BOS BOS @TEX @TEX @TEX I would like column B to list all the team names without the @ symbol and column H to list all the teams with the @ symbol. For the example I would like column B to have NYY NYY NYY BOS BOS BOS =COUNTIF(A:A,"@*") and =COUNTIF(A:A,"<>@*") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jambruins" <Jambruins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:135965C4-7523-47AB-88DE-D0B12B652CD5@m...

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

Custom Control vs. Owner Draw Control?
Hi Custom Draw, Owner Draw, Custom Control, Owner Draw Control... Overriding DrawItem() Method, Overriding OnPaint() Method, OnCustomDraw() Method, WM_CTLCOLOR Handler, adding custom control which is in toolbox and "Custom Control DLL"... I started to search control development in MFC to learn how to write (stylish)controls but it seems that it will be difficult and confused... I have basic 2 questions, if you help me to find answers i will be very glad. 1-) In Terminology, are "custom control" and "owner draw control" same things? If not, i understand th...

Getting List of Visible Windows
Hi All, I am working on a problem that requires me to know whether or not any part of a particular window is visible (even if it's like a one pixel corner). In my misunderstanding, I thought that ::IsWindowVisible would cover it, but it looks like that call just verifies that the hWnd actually has a dialog box. I was able to take it a step further and find out whether or not a window is minimized using ::GetWindowPlacement, but I really need to find out if a window is visible or not (in other words, not completely covered by higher z-order windows). Is there some sort of API call that ...

outlook 2000 help file

Custom Report Grouping
I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use 4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:18:09 -0800, CARRIE <CARRIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but >the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use >4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? I'd suggest se...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Please Help
I keep getting this Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1a BCP1: 00005003 BCP2: 8A000000 BCP3: 00005BFD BCP4: B67AF009 OS Version: 6_1_7600 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\122609-26379-01.dmp C:\Users\Johnbebe\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38891-0.sysdata.xml Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our p...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Exporting-importing email accout (.iaf) doesn't work
Hi, i have an .iaf file that i get exporting my email account at work. Now i have imported that file at home, but when i click on "Send and recieve" i get this message: [quote title=3DQuote:] Fall=F3 la conexi=F3n con el servidor. Cuenta: 'pop3.xxx.es', Servidor: 'pop3.xxx.es', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de socket: 10060, N=FAmero de error: 0x800CCC0E[/quote] I'm using OL Express 6 in both computers (Windows XP). Any idea? Bye Javi Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no addit...

EX 5.5 // Event 1112 // 16GB
Hi, my mailboxstore reached the 16GB limit and IS stopped. offline defragmentation does not really shrink the DB. Is it possible to extract a mailbox from the DB into a PSt so that the content is removed from the DB and shrinking is possible? thanks stefan On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:57:30 +0100, "Stefan Kuhlmann" <skuhlmann@gmx.de> wrote: >Hi, > >my mailboxstore reached the 16GB limit and IS stopped. >offline defragmentation does not really shrink the DB. >Is it possible to extract a mailbox from the DB into a PSt so that the >content >is removed from...

Multipage newsletter in the body of an email
I knew that Don had a website where I could find his organization's newsletter. I just sent him the results of that process I posted about the other day. I'm anxiously awaiting his comments. (Just because I can send it to myself and it looks fine doesn't mean it will to others.) :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Birthday / Anniversary Help
Hi, Wonder if someone here can answer this question! In previous versions of Outlook I'm sure I've seen a feature where if you store a birthday in the calendar, the birthday automatically increments year-on-year, providing a helpful reminder of how old that person is...only I can't find this feature in Outlook / Office 2003.... How / where do I find this feature? Cheers Lee There's nothing built into Outlook that will do this...perhaps you had an add-in or a macro that would do it? Where did the incremented age value show up? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** M...