Help Just applied August Post SP Rollup Exchange 2000 "To" Button not working

I have just applied the August Post SP3 Rollup on two of my exchange
servers. On the two that were patched I am not able to click the "To" button
and open the GAL.  One the two servers that were not upgraded I am still
able to open the GAL using OWA. I'm able to type a name in the "to" field
and it is able to resolve the name however when I try to send the message it
never gets delivered and a new window opens. Any Ideas?

I don't know that this has anything to do with the rollup package.

The symptoms you are seeing typically occur when clients are unable to
communicate with the NSPI service on a Global Catalog server.

Have you promoted any Domain Controllers to Global Catalog servers without
restarting them?
Have you demoted any Domain Controllers to Global Catalog servers without
restarting them?

Verify you have Domain Controllers available in the local Site that are
Designated as Global Catalog server using Active Directory Sites and
Services.  Restart your Global Catalog servers.

--
Hope that helps,
Rand Williams

"Jeff_Palmer" <Jeff_palmer_No_Sp_am@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have just applied the August Post SP3 Rollup on two of my exchange
> servers. On the two that were patched I am not able to click the "To"
> button
> and open the GAL.  One the two servers that were not upgraded I am still
> able to open the GAL using OWA. I'm able to type a name in the "to" field
> and it is able to resolve the name however when I try to send the message
> it
> never gets delivered and a new window opens. Any Ideas?

0
randw (7)

Macro must return the name of the button
Hi there, I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? thanks, Derek What sort of button (userform, worksheet forms, worksheet control toolbox)? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Derek Brussels" <Derek Brussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8441F83B-89DC-4515-A643-CE8F258DFC1F@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I > am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? > &...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

How Can I Tell What Button Was Just Clicked?
I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the function? I'd hate to make a function for each image. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See one technique at your other thread. kenji4861 wrote: > > I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. > > Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the > function? > > I'd h...

How can I tell if our GP 9.0 is updated to the latest SP and patch
We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, but I'm not sure we are at SP1 or the latest patches have been installed. Is there a way to tell from the versions numbers displayed in the "About Microsoft Dynamics GP" box? Or, maybe asked a different way, if at the latest updates, what should the Dexterity and GP 9.0 version numbers be at? hello, You know if it's Dynamics GP SP1 when you see that: Dynamics GP - 9.00.0259 Dexterity - 9.00.0068.0 rgds, timber On Oct 6, 6:35 am, dcnjoe60 <dcnjo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, bu...

Auto Recovery won't work
Hi. I had a power failure. When I restarted my computer and opened Excel, the recovery panel won't appear! I did click on "auto recovery" option and set it to save for every 2 mins! I checked the files in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel, there's only 1 file called "Excel10.xlb" MS Word managed to recover my files! Some time ago, Excel auto recovery won't succeed! But the recovered files suddenly appear in front of me after 1 month or so. It's so strange! How can I get back the missing recovered Excel files? Tha...

Help pulling "pingable" IP of local machine into a variable
Ok, here's my need. I am writing a script that does a few things, but I'm having trouble just pulling the "production" IP address into a variable, to then use in the rest of the script. I've see plenty of scripts to ping remote hosts, but that's not what I need. I've also worked up a few scripts on my own, but they all pull every IP on the machine, or require you to know the intenal ID of the NIC interface you need queried. The issue with this is that the ID is assigned randomly, and it's something you just have to know. I'm rather new at VBSc...

what color used for background of active button in taskbar?
I'm doing a owner-draw job. I've tried every GetSysColor parameter but no one matches. It seems COLOR_SCROLLBAR should work but it's still darker. COLOR_3DFACE? joe On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:49:55 +0800, "Su Wei" <suwei@sina_com> wrote: >I'm doing a owner-draw job. I've tried every GetSysColor parameter but no >one matches. It seems COLOR_SCROLLBAR should work but it's still darker. > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm I mean when the button is ...

MS Exchange Information Store service cannot start automatically
Hello, I installed SBS2003 and setup MS Exchange server. But, the MS Exchange sever cannot start when the sever is rebooted, since the MS Exchange Information Store service failed with the following error: ------------------------------------------------------------ Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 5000 Date: 3/27/2004 Time: 7:56:12 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. Error 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www...

configuring exchange to accept maill from a different domain name...
We are setting up a subsidiary company having a completely differnt domain name. Once our new domain name is registered and our provider has created an MX record for this new domain, what needs to be configured on the Exchange server to accept email from this new domain? Thanks, Brad if Exchange 2000/2003, you need to create a recipient policy...see these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285136/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318072/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:e21waZZWGHA.4212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

From Outlook 2000-2003 No How To (keep calendar,addresses,etc.) ?
Since 2002, I've been using Outlook ... I've recently been conviced to change to Outlook 2003 (in french.) Now I have lost my calendar (past, present, future), my address book, my list of blocked websites, etc. and there seems to be NOTHING in the help files saying "welcome to Outlook 2003 ... here's how you go about NOT LOSING EVERYTHING !" ... instead I've spent 5 + hours finding out how to import my "Rules", and realizing that I don't even know where my calendar, addresses, etc are stored ! Even better, I can now authorize entire domains as &...

Batch convert XP files to 2000?
I need to convert several hundred Excel XP files to Excel 2000 format. Is there a batch converter available for free? Thanks. The file system is the same - Have you tried just opening them in 2000? You will only suffer if you have used any features in the files that were not available in 2000, eg Coloured Tabs (Don't laugh - I like em!!). Other than that, there is no batch converter that I know of, but there is simply no better way than trying. The following link to a review by John Walkenbach, which will give you an overview of the differences between 2000 and 2002 should give yo...

Nee Help Customizing a 12 month sales report
I have this 12 month unit sales report that is helpful in my business. It deos great job but would be much more helpful if i could have option to see few more fields Here is a link to the report file http://www.centralfoodandliquor.com/files/Memorized-12%20Month%20Unit%20Sales.qrp I would like to add the option to add following fields /columns Price Cost Margin Any help would be appreciated Robert wojak@usa.com Edit the report with notepad and join the ITEM table to ViewItemMovementHistory so it reads: TablesQueried = "FROM ViewItemMovementHistory LEFT JOIN Department...

Broken "To:" button in Outlook 2002
My mom just got a new laptop with Office XP. I just transferred everything off her desktop with Office 2000. I copied her.pst file into the appropriate folder on her laptop and all of her data stayed in tact. However, when she opens a new mail message and clicks "To:" she gets an error message that says "Address Book Cannot be displayed, the file may have been moved or deleted or you do not haver permission to access this file." When she clicks Contacts, everything works fine. It's like Outlook doesn't know that clicking "To:" should open the...

Clicking one application's buttons from another application
Hello, I'd like to write an application that can click the buttons of another application running on the same machine. All my application knows about the target application is its name, the name of the window containing the buttons, and the name of the buttons. Can someone further my education in this matter in some way. Thanks, Ray Mitchell This is tricky, but possible. I actually do it in a little utility I wrote to move Outlook filters down, since the "Move Down" button doesn't autorepeat and when you have 850 anti-spam filters it becomes a bit unwieldy. What yo...

Getting find/replace and hyperlinks to work in a locked form?
I have created a Word document and turned it into a locked form. However, when the form is locked, the find/replace and hyperlink functions are disabled. Is there any way of enabling these in a locked form? I am not sure why you would need find and replace in a protected form. Protected forms are intended for data gathering, not for documents that require free editing. If you want free editing, then you should consider other methods of gathering the user information such as userforms. For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a...

I need help insert a decimal other then directly to the right of t
I am importing a text file in to Excel. The data for the amount filed does not include the decimal place. So I need to insert the decimal into the number. For example the data is 1234 I want to insert the decimal right in the middle as 12.34 I would greatly appreciate anyones help on this. If you always want the last two digits to be after the decimal, then enter 100 in an empty cell, then copy it, select the cells you want to change and select Paste Special. Click divide and all of your selected cells will be divided by 100. Note that blank cells will now be 0. "Law"...

Exchange 2003: Changing the Storage Limits on multiple mailboxes at once
Hello, I have a large number of mailboxes that I need to change the storage limits on. Is there a way that I can do this to a list of users at once? I'd appreaciate any feedback or recommendations. Thanks, MAtt http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319583 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822938 You need to create a new mailbox store and move those users to that store. Then set the limits on that mailbox store as described in the above articles. <MatthewBrown@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139332288.446491.84000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hel...

Adding pop up help on command buttons
I have several buttons on a form which a user can use to navigate around my database. I'd like to have a textbox that I will appear at the bottom of the form that will change whenever the user hovers above one of the control buttons. How is the best way I can achieve this? -- TIA If you put some text in the button's ControlTip Text property, it will pop up as if by magic when the mouse hovers over the button. "tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26132903-5F9F-456A-B8A5-0ED0D0F32F49@microsoft.com... >I have several buttons on ...

greyed out close button
I have Excel 2002 and cannot figure out why the close button is greye out. Can anyone tell me how to active this button. thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have a greyed out close button and a co-worker has a greyed out minimize button. If you find out what to do please let me know. Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >I have Excel 2002 and cannot figure out why the close button is greyed >out. Can anyone tell me how to active this...

Easier way to replicate 1,000 Public folders?? HELP
Just finished setting up a new Exchange 2000 Server on our domain. Now what I need to do is replicate hundreds of public folders from our other mail server. There are hundreds of folders, and sub folders in the 'Public' store. So far, I've been adding the replica to each folder, one by one. I really don't want to spend the day adding a replica to a few hundred folders. Is there a tool I can use, that will automaticaly add 'NewServerMail' to each public folder replica? If not, this will take hours!! Thanks you should be able to select each "top level...

Write a button to run macro on *ANY* chart area clicked.
How do I identify an object in a macro when I click on it? I want to operate on the object and must have some recognizable identity to use in the macro because I want the macro to operate on any object (really a chart) that I click on. I know how to identify an arbitrary cell by clicking on it and how to use the identity to run in a visual basic macro. For example: co = ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Range("A1").Column ro = ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Range("A1").Row give me the cell identity of the cell that I click on -- (ro, co) being the cell that was clicked on....

0x86000108 Active Sync Error Connecting to Exchange Server
Exchange 2003 with SP2. Treo 700w setup with a custom certificate, the user is enabled for Mobile Services. Only the contacts and Calednar is syncing, email folders are not and I recieve this error. Mobile Device Log: ActiveSync encoutered a problem on the server. support code: 0x86000108 Server Log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3005 Date: 4/6/2006 Time: 12:53:39 PM User: RRG\ebarrett Computer: SRVEXCH2 Description: Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [srvexch1.rrg.local] User: [ebarrett@mydomain.com] HTTP status code: [500...