Help! Exchange 5.5 logon failure

Hi all,

We recently upgraded our NT domain to Windows Server 2003
Active Directory (Native Mode).
While in the process of upgrading our Exchange 5.5 / SP4 server
(running on NT4/SP6) to Exchange Server 2003 (Enterprise Edition,
running on Windows Server 2003), we noticed that our users
can no longer logon to the server using either:
- Outlook Web Access
- Microsoft Outlook clients (XP or 2003)
Please note that if we supply the credentials of the Exchange 5.5 Service
account during authentication (on the pop-up dialog box), the logon
process succeeds!
In addition, POP3/SMTP clients (e.g. Outlook Express) still
work fine.

We're stuck on this for over a week.
Can somebody help?
Thanks in advance!

Manos

0
zaffodb (9)

Constant Outlook crash after Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration
We are an Exchange 5.5 shop (gasp!) and we have finally begun our migration to Exchange 2003. I was able to build our first 2K3 server, and have it joined successfully into our 5.5 environment. The ADC is up and running and is transferring data back and forth as I expect it to. Unfortunately I still have some lingering issues, one of which is a complete showstopper. This main problem is that both of the accounts I have moved from a 5.5 server to the 2003 server have *constant* crashes in Outlook 2003. All I have to do is change to another folder, and at least 60% of the time I will get a...

Help
My organization has 4 entities with 4 domain names. I have created 4 recipient policies to assign the domain email address to users of each entity (1 email per user). However, there are certain users that need to have an email address other than the primary address that they receive. Without manually assiging this address, can I create a group, put users in that group, and have a recipient policy assign all necessary addresses based on this group membership? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Semin...

combo box and subform help
In my subform for each seperate order, I want to beable to select a descripton name from the combo box. When the description name is selected, the price associated with that name should come up in the subform. I have tried to put the combo box in the table for description and make a query but, the information associated with the description name will not come up. Create the combo box cboItem with the RowSource something like: SELECT tblItem.ItemKey, tblItem.ItemDescription, tblItem.SellPrice FROM tblItem; Set the number of columns to 3 Set the column widths to 0;2;0 or something e...

CRM3.0 needs to support single Exchange 2007
Microsoft CRM needs to support Exchange 2007 without the need to have an Exchange 2000/2003 server deployed. It is not acceptable for customers to wait and be expected to wait to CRm4.0 is released then upgrade to this CRM version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Migration Wizard in Exchange 2003
Hello, I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using the Inter-Organization Migration Method utilizing the Migration Wizard. I understand that the Migration Wizard migrates the Exchange Directory and Mailbox Data to Exchange 2003. How can I prevent it from migration the directory and migrate only the mailbox data (just like exmerge)? What I am noticing, the migrated user ends up with several e-mail address of various type which is coming from 5.5. I don't want that junk in my new Exchange 2003 environment specially when they are worthless because they don't exist. When I cre...

urgent help to find out why
Hi all, windows 2003 /exchange 2003 SP2 with FE and BE Users are complaining that they do not receive messages timely. I check the BE's queues and find out over 5000 mesages in the local delivery queue about the 1.7 GB size(no limit set up here and is not allowed to do it. If I do a search, I can not find out the messages which have large sizes. What's the log to track own who send large attachment? tracking log. Also, any other ways to make queue go down quickly? To rebboot the server? Can we set up the alert if messages queued up in the local delivery queue? O...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

Non taxable exchange of mutual funds
What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable exchange of mutual funds in ms money? In microsoft.public.money, Fred Kennedy wrote: >What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable >exchange of mutual funds in ms money? > Handling a Mutual Fund Reorg or conversion from B to A shares. If your mutual fund is involved in a tax-free reorganization, your "B" shares are being converted to [fewer generally] "A" shares, or a merger where you don't originally hold both funds: 1. Do an appropriate split of the...

Exchange SMTP forwarding
Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using authentication. Thanks, David =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgR3JlZW5l?= <DavidGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DE97CE9E-2B5D-44BA-A368-CFEC11170D39@microsoft.com: > Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to > forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using > authentication. Which version of Exchange are you using? I'm sure we can point you to a tutorial ;) Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.excha...

Antigen on Exchange
This question is for the Antigen users. I am new with the software and I am just using the trial right now? Do a lot of you like the software? I am kind of confused by it's Incidents and Quarantine reports. I get that it found them, and I know that Antigen is setup to clean, but it doesn't let me know if it was able to clean them or not. I want to make sure that these viruses and SPAM e-mail messages are being removed. I added more words to the filters, but all it does is notify me that they have come through. It doesn't actually block them. I think the same goes for the vir...

Public folder Exchange 2003 #2
When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following message: Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones. Regards Per Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following >message: > >Unable to...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

OWA 5.5 with Exchange 2003 Backend
Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be running in the site? Any insight would be helpful TIA! "Scott" <swilliams@internosis.com> wrote in message news:OVyMlHGjEHA.1904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access > Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be > running in the site? > > Any insight would be helpful > > TIA! You might try this; it's for E2K, but I t...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

Drop Down Calendar #5
How can I insert a drop down calendar to a cell in a worksheet? Try Use the Calendar control to fill in dates http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "BJ Snyder" <BJ Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EC093BF-0E30-4692-987B-EB2C7B664D5D@microsoft.com... > How can I insert a drop down calendar to a cell in a worksheet? Thanks for the help- Perfect! "BJ Snyder" wrote: > How can I insert a drop down calendar to a cell in a worksheet? BJ Check out Ron de Bruin's site for a calend...

Adding and removing Exchange 2003 Servers
I currently have 1 front end exchange server and 4 back end exchange servers. I am adding 2 larger backend servers. I want to migrate the first for server mailboxes to the 2 lager servers and then remove the first 4 server from my exchange env. Since my front end server is staying in place, and I add the two new server in before i remove the others should I have SMTP routing issues when I remove the first four back end servers. Can anyone suggest the best way to to what I am about to do, am I on the right track. Thanks, Mike I just wanted to add. The current front end server is EX20...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

Help with graph
Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph Column A = 17 Items Column B = September Reported Column C = September Actual Column D = October Reported Column E = October Actual .... to the end of the year I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the acutal. I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph. Am I arranging my data incorrectly? What kind of graph should I use? Hi, You could create a (say Bar) chart from your data by selecting B1 and D1 (select B1, CTRL-click D1) and Insert Chart. On the Series tab, add a Series...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Exchange 5.5 Tracking Log
Hi all, For the tracking service at Exchange 5.5, log files should be placed at the floder => c:\exchsrvr\tracking.log\. But all log files are deleted by virus and tracking service gets error that can't find log files. Do you have any idea to resume tracking service. Please help. Thanks Exchange will recreate the tracking logs if the directory exists, is shared correctly and has the correct permissions. If you actually mean the database logs, that's different. Are the logs in your virus quarantine? If so, put them back into the right place. If not, at the very least, sto...

HELP!!! Nothings happening....
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 and everything apparently went fine but nothing happens. I cant get the website open or connect via Outlook... you really need to be more specific............. in the browser when you try to access CRM, what exactly happens? Is it just closing? Do you get any error message? If its the latter, try disabling all pop up blockers............ -Gary "Michael" <dont@spam.me> wrote in message news:qe5ec056hbaanuum3vdefjjmak8ck8vrig@4ax.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 and everything apparently went fine but > nothing happens. I cant get the we...

Formula Help 03-02-10
HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help once again from the forum. Here is a if formula that I started with, but it does not suit my needs, I also looked at or ways beside the If. IF(AH10>=1,(BB1=" ")) What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=1 then I want cell BB1 to be blank. I need the formula to be in cell BB2. Thanks for any help. On Mar 2, 3:29=A0pm, Charles <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote: > HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help > once again from the forum. > Here is a if...

Sync Exchange to CRM
My customer wants to do a one-off load of the company Global address book and then to sync changes, additions between CRM & Exchange. How can this be done. Many thanks, Karl. ...