HELP!!! Exchange 5.5 Crashed, eseutil /r didn't work

I have a PowerEdge 2400 single PIII-733mhz, 1GB Ram
running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 5.5. The
Exchange server is on Drive C, the Store & Logs are on
Drive D: with rest of data. There is currently 6gbs Free
space on Drive D: (I know, but we are migrating to
Windows Small Business Server 2003 in 4 days)

Yesterday at 4:41PM our PowerEdge Server Froze, I was
already gone for the day. I came in today and noticed it.
I did a reboot of the server and the MSExchangeIS, SA,
MTA, DS didn't start. Event ID 5000 and 1120. I attempted
ESEUTIL mh on pub and priv edb. Both show inconsistant
state. I ran eseutil /r on priv and pub and recieved the
jet database error, so I ran eseutil /p ispriv and about
80% through the server "Froze".
I'm assuming at this point I need to copy the logs to
another location as a backup and then Run eseutil /d
ispriv and ispub and then run isinteg -pri -fix -test
alltests?
Is this correct? This happened once in October 2003 and I
hired an outside expert on Exchange 5.5 to do this, but I
kept notes. I am by no means an Expert which is why I'm
asking first before I do this..
Thanks,
Fred
0
anonymous (74719)

Do a restore from the last good backup. This pretty much
is your option. It saves a lot of time. If you have the
logs safe then you are in good shape not to lose mail.

0
anonymous (74719)
12/20/2003 4:34:52 PM
Long Story, I was just hired 2 weeks ago, I did
consulting for them since September. The original IT guy
didn't setup the backups to backup Exchange, when I came
on board it was too late to buy the veritas module to
backup Exchange as it is version 8.0. So right now I'm
backing up all exchange since it's not working and will
have to do a rebuild from log files. Being I'm not an
expert I did research on MS Support and found the steps I
listed in my original post..are those steps correct or do
I need to do something else????
Thanks,
Fred

0
anonymous (74719)
12/20/2003 4:42:32 PM
What is listed are the correct steps.

0
anonymous (74719)
12/20/2003 6:41:03 PM
You don't "need" backup exec w/ exchange agent to backup
Exchange Server IS, just use NTBackup on the Exchange
Server and select Information Store.

I'd be suspect of the install if it's died twice in 2
months, as mine (knock on wood) have never seized in over
4 years.

P.S.  Your IS & Logs should ALWAYS be on different drives,
or theres no way to recover from a drive failure.

Put the logs on the system drive & leave the IS by itself
on its' own volume.

If you've never done Information Store backups then it's
probably dieing from overflow of log files consuming the
hard drive's free space.  Log files are purges when a
proper IS Backup is performed with NTBackup or Exchange
aware backup agent.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

0
anonymous (74719)
12/20/2003 7:18:52 PM
I ran the isinteg util and this fixed the db's. All is
consistent, all is working, sent several test e-mails and
it seems to be holding steady.

Thanks,
Fred

0
anonymous (74719)
12/20/2003 7:48:47 PM
I am glad to hear you fixed it.
"Fred Phillips" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I ran the isinteg util and this fixed the db's. All is
> consistent, all is working, sent several test e-mails and
> it seems to be holding steady.
>
> Thanks,
> Fred

0
max (6)

sumifs help

Exchange Migration tools wizard
Hello, I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but when the tools asked me to add the .csv file. I don't know what kind of information I can put into this file. Can you help me. "Romulus" <tezam@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:e9qg86$2gt0$1@biggoron.nerim.net... > Hello, > > I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. > > Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. > > So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but wh...

Help !

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Anybody recently gotten IActiveDesktop to work?
I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error and I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success. Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work (tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h) Et cetera... Anyone... Bueller...? WTH Answer is: You MUST define wininet.h BEFORE afxdisp.h otherwise you can't define IActiveDesktop vis shellobj.h. G...

Exchange and fax
We want to be able to send faxes by email (with attachments) to our client's fax machine. Does anyone know a decent third party add-on product for Exchange 5.5 server (on NT4 OS) that lets us send out faxes by email? Thanks. GFI Essentials FaxMaker for Exchange works well for us and is pretty simple to set up "Ron" <jfkfjdsarewureow@ruioewuroiewvkjhdkghdska.com> wrote in message news:OC3MJHDTFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > We want to be able to send faxes by email (with attachments) to our client's > fax machine. Does anyone know a decent third party add-on...

Resource mailbox and AutoAccept Agent Exchange 2003
Hello, I am hoping osmeone can assist me in configuring a reosurce mailbox and autoaccept agent. We are currently running an Exchange 2003 server with Autoaccept installed and configured. We have within public folders a subfolder called "bookings" and within it are the names of our various conference rooms in calendar format. When someone wantsto book one of the conference rooms, they schedule it, save and close and get a reply of accept or deny. The public calendar for this conference room is automatically updated. This was all configured prior to me starting at the company. No...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Free/Busy not available after upgrading to Exchange 2003
After we successfully migrated the users to the new exchange server 2003, we find a new problem. User cannot see the free/busy when scheduling meeting in the calendar. I suspect this a replication issue. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. -- Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8207 Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine MXGBL2. The error number is 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. -KHY ...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Address mapping and rewrite in Exchange 2003?
I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come in on @domain1.com and then forwarding it on to internal boxes as @domain2.com. Exchange 5.5 IMC could do it and I heard that 2003 could do it as well.... "Dima" <voland@begemot.com> wrote: >I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick >bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an >address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come >in on @domain1.com and then fo...

Macro Help

help me #2

Exchange Application Error
Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9153 Date: 5/24/2004 Time: 5:41:28 AM User: N/A Computer: DomainExchange Description: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0xc0072030' when setting DS notification. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Any insite would be appreciated? Regards, We need more information of your environment. Mixed? Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000? There are other events that come right before this that should give us more information also. These may be info...

OWA works, partially
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2k3 server, set behind an ISA 2k4 (none SBS.) OWA works only when typing the server NetBios name. If, however, the server name is replaced with a public DNS-recognized domain name, OWA does not work, neither internally nor externally. Does this imply that the problem resides in ISA server and that Exchange box is innocent since OWA works, partially? If yes, wehre to debug? I have revised the publishing rule infinitely? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks Yba Hint: ISA Listner authentication:FBA, Exchange: Basic. Also, no SSL so far. Depends. If the public...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Exchange 5.5 Problem
I can't send email to this email address and I know it works since I tested it using my yahoo and hotmail accounts. For some reason our exchange 5.5 server is not sending it out. This is the message I get in return. "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 1/6/2004 10:25am The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'frednezzar@club-internet.fr' on 1/6/2004 10:25am The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ; p=hmt;l=londondc-04010616244...

Creating E-R Diagrams In Visio Based On ACCESS Database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C48BB9.47434CA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need to generate an E-R diagram for an ACCESS database that I have = setup. In ACCESS I have defined all of the table relationships using the = relationships tool. Now I am looking for a way to import that = relationships data into Visio to create a more formal and commented E-R = diagram. Any ideas? Thanks, Gary --=20 Gary Novosel Recursion (noun). See recursion. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C48BB...