Have to set up exchange account details in outlook for new users manually

Hello,

I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions.

When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in
exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on
as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in
Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details
can be completed automatically please?

Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix.

Thanks
Ricki

On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.cooper@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions.
>
>When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in
>exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on
>as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in
>Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details
>can be completed automatically please?
>
>Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix.
>
>Thanks
>Ricki

UPgrade to Outlook 2007 or use something like profgen.
0
adavid (8731)
3/10/2007 6:28:11 PM
On 10 Mar, 18:28, Andy David  {MVP}
<ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.coo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
>
> >I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions.
>
> >When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in
> >exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on
> >as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in
> >Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details
> >can be completed automatically please?
>
> >Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix.
>
> >Thanks
> >Ricki
>
> UPgrade to Outlook 2007 or use something like profgen.

Thanks Andy

Am upgrading to Office 2007 at the end of this month. Profgen seems to
be for use with older versions of Outlook and Windows.
It does seem very bizarre that AD doesn't already do this
automatically. I only have about 80 users and only have to add an
account every couple of weeks or so which means it's just an
inconvenience, but for a company that constantly has to add new users
this would be very time consuming.

On 10 Mar 2007 10:50:48 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.cooper@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 10 Mar, 18:28, Andy David  {MVP}
><ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>> On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.coo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello,
>>
>> >I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions.
>>
>> >When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in
>> >exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on
>> >as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in
>> >Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details
>> >can be completed automatically please?
>>
>> >Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix.
>>
>> >Thanks
>> >Ricki
>>
>> UPgrade to Outlook 2007 or use something like profgen.
>
>Thanks Andy
>
>Am upgrading to Office 2007 at the end of this month. Profgen seems to
>be for use with older versions of Outlook and Windows.
>It does seem very bizarre that AD doesn't already do this
>automatically. I only have about 80 users and only have to add an
>account every couple of weeks or so which means it's just an
>inconvenience, but for a company that constantly has to add new users
>this would be very time consuming.

Its an Outlook thing.
You'll find the Outlook 2007 auto configuring stuff very agreeable.
0
adavid (8731)
3/10/2007 7:03:09 PM
On 10 Mar, 19:03, Andy David  {MVP}
<ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2007 10:50:48 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.coo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >On 10 Mar, 18:28, Andy David  {MVP}
> ><ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

> >> UPgrade to Outlook 2007 or use something like profgen.
>
> >Thanks Andy
>
> >Am upgrading to Office 2007 at the end of this month. Profgen seems to
> >be for use with older versions of Outlook and Windows.
> >It does seem very bizarre that AD doesn't already do this
> >automatically. I only have about 80 users and only have to add an
> >account every couple of weeks or so which means it's just an
> >inconvenience, but for a company that constantly has to add new users
> >this would be very time consuming.
>
> Its an Outlook thing.
> You'll find the Outlook 2007 auto configuring stuff very agreeable.

Ok, thanks again. I await the office upgrade with baited breath :)

setting up new outlook mail account

WM5 can not sync to exchange
My mobile device is running WM5 and my exchange server is a SBS2003 SP1 running ISA 2004 The Exchange server has a self issued certificate that is trusted by the mobile device. The system worked correctly for over a year, but began failing last night after changing some DNS entries. these entries have been changed back but errors continue. No errors are found in the event log. The mobile device is able to access the server, both when connected to a internal desktop computer, and over the mobile GPRS but it fails to sync in both cases. The following error message is received from act...

How do I import messages in Eudora 7 into Outlook 2007?
I have always used Eudora for my email but now I would like to use Outlook for my business email and keep Eudora for my personal email. I have the addresses set up and am receiving new emails in Outlook, but I would like to move the messages previously downloaded by Eudora into Outlook to keep everything together. How can I accomplish it? See what formats Eudora will export to, that Outlook can import. Maybe csv format Or Export msgs from Eudora to Outlook Express (Assuming not a Vista PC) then in Express Export to Outlook "jmstruwe" <jmstruwe@discussions.microsoft.com&...

OWA Set Rule problem

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit
When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the systray and the process continues to run. Forced to terminate OUTLOOK.EXE process in order to restart Outlook. Any ideas? Look for 3rd party applications that are holding it open for data use. (Activesync, WinFax, Antivirus) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "kmeszaros@landam.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081601c3b3ab$ef4e6e20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the > systr...

New Workbook
When I open a new workbook a "New Workbook" panel opens on the right. How can I get rid of that so it doesn't open every time I open a workbook? Thank you Karen, try tools, options, view, and uncheck startup task pane -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a58301c4d626$5931e540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a new work...

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

owa doesnt display a login dialog and wont send picture attachments in exchange 2000
one user out of several doenst get a login dialog when he goes to owa for exchange 2000. it's as if his computer is eternally loged in anyone can walk up to his computer and goto the url server/exchange and go right into his inbox without it prompting for a user name and password. thats' real secure, just what we need here in the "enterprise" the other problem, is that he , unlike all the other users, cannot attach a picture to his email from owa. when he clicks on attach it doesnt do anything. his machine is running xp pro with sp2 just like other users. On 25 May 2006 1...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

How to set backcolour

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Cannot delete mail in Outlook Express
I could not an Outlook Express user group so I will post my problem here. All of a sudden I received multiple copies of the same emails. I could delete most of them but some will not delete. Would appreciate your help. Mo "M Weiss" <m2weiss@verizon.net> wrote in message news:EwcPi.15456$Cd7.10143@trnddc03... >I could not an Outlook Express user group This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an O...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Exchange 5.5 Export and Import issue
We did an export of our Exchange 5.5 system, Changed the display name on all the mailboxes and then imported it back without any problems. We changed it from First Name to Last Name, First. In the admin app, the display name field looks correct. In the address book in Outlook, it looks correct. When you receive an email from someone, the From Field that the email came from did not change. It is still First Name, Last Name. Is there something I missed? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- You ha...

Appointment duration different between Outlook and MS-CRM
Does anyone know why an All Day Event on Outlook and an All Day Event in MS-CRM have different durations. It seems that an All Day Event in MS-CRM is calculated based on the individuals start and end times in their CRM user record but an Outlook All Day Event is the full 24 hours regardless of the start and end time you set up in Calendar options. This makes it difficult to use CRM for reporting the total amount of time spent working on a lead or opportunity if individuals are creating all day appointments in Outlook and synchronizing the data back to MS-CRM Any ideas? -- Simon Morri...

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

priv corrupt? can't backup exchange 2003 store.
Hello, I have a 2 week old exchange 2003 server, that just started reporting corrupt during backups. Then when i checked the logs, i see ESE event id 478 regarding the information in my stm file has a different checksum than it should. here is a copy of the log. I use veritas and have also tried ntbackup. Information Store (3752) The streaming page read from the file "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.stm" at offset 669147136 (0x0000000027e26000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 2178151671 ...

Outlook Problem #7
It was suggested that to solve my problem, I need to uninstall and reinstall my TCP/IP stack as it may be corrupt. What exactly do I have to do to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks to all and hopefully someone can tell me. Regards, Pete Coppola New Jersey ...