I have an issue where there is a user account that has multiple alias
emails.(reservations@domain.com, info@domain.com,
CustomerService@domain.com) I have an exchange 2003 server. My issue is that
i need to have muliple users access these emails so they are never missed.
What is the best way to accomplish this? I was thinking a public folder. But
i want to know the best way to do this?

0
Dan

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:37:04 -0500, "Dan V" <dvalenti54athotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have an issue where there is a user account that has multiple alias
>emails.(reservations@domain.com, info@domain.com,
>CustomerService@domain.com) I have an exchange 2003 server. My issue is that
>i need to have muliple users access these emails so they are never missed.
>What is the best way to accomplish this? I was thinking a public folder. But
>i want to know the best way to do this?

Have them use OWA to work with that additional mailbox. Or have them
add the mailbox as an additional mailbox in their Outlook profile.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
6/13/2010 4:47:52 AM
For this sort of issue I have often used a Distribution group.  The question
is will these users need to replay with the shared account or from their own
mailbox.  The worry with the shared account is one of security, so be careful
with permissions.

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:37:04 -0500, "Dan V" <dvalenti54athotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have an issue where there is a user account that has multiple alias
> >emails.(reservations@domain.com, info@domain.com,
> >CustomerService@domain.com) I have an exchange 2003 server. My issue is that
> >i need to have muliple users access these emails so they are never missed.
> >What is the best way to accomplish this? I was thinking a public folder. But
> >i want to know the best way to do this?
>
> Have them use OWA to work with that additional mailbox. Or have them
> add the mailbox as an additional mailbox in their Outlook profile.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> .

New to User Forms

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

Importing multiple text files to spreadsheet
Just wondering if anyone might know if there's a way to automate this problem: I have 200 text files that need to be imported to 1 worksheet on Excel. - each file should be imported to 1 column in the Excel worksheet - the 'next' file imported to the next column - thus after the import, there should be 200 filled columns - starting with zero columns filled ??? Any ideas? ========================== FYI: essentially, i'm trying to get information from the text files - which represent 1 record - to a database, & i'm using a spreadsheet to do this coz after the i...

user breakpoint

How to keep Access from rearranging logical expressions iin the criteria cells ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my query, in lots of yes/no columns, I enter criteria. In my case expressions like (=Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN) OR (Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN=False) After editing in design mode and saving the query, I close the design window. The query works fine. I open it again in design mode, and ... all my logical expressions have been transformed into a logically equivalent arrangement. They spread over more cells. Everything looks very different. And I do not like to take this state as a basis for further changes. Because I feel that my way of express...

Protect sheets not allowing entering of data in multiple sheets
Hi All, I have a customer who has a workbook with protected sheets in it. They have cells that are unlocked that they enter information in. The user may want to enter the same information in the same cell in multiple sheets. If the information is numeric it will allow it. If it is text, the data will disappear when the user presses enter. Has anyone run across this and found a solution? Heck, I didn't even know you could do that until the customer showed me. Learn something new every day. ...

Replying with an alternate e-mail that uses the same gmail account
I work for several businesses and have multiple e-mail addresses that all forward to my personal gmail account. I have dealt with incoming mail forwarding to the proper folder depending on the e-mail address the sender uses, but when I reply I either have to type the right address into the "From" box (pain) or it shows up as coming from my gmail account even though they sent it to one of my aliases. Can I set up a rule that all replies to e-mails sent to an alias use the same alias for the response? Ideally I'd like to be able to have an e-mail conversation app...

Access 2007 runtime Error
I have created a quotes database in which i would like my end users that are all useing the 2007 runtime to be able to E-mail a report in .pdf format. The macro behind the button works fine on the developers station. but in the runtime environment I am getting an action failed: Error 2950. The send object isnt working. I get a message before the actual error code Stateing that the format in which i am attempting to output the current object is not available. I have done some digging and run into a few posts about changing the registry. But i didnt really want to have to do that to 40 pl...

Need User Name and Password

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

First-chance exception . . . (NTDLL.DLL) . . . Access Violation.
What is the basic meaing of this? : First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Steve Russell wrote: > What is the basic meaing of this? : > > First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access > Violation. > > Only the developers of NTDLL.DLL know. Since you can't do anything about it you must assume it is an uninteresting event that was handled by code designed to handle it. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > Steve Russell wrote: >> What is the basic meaing of this? : >> >> F...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Controlled Mailbox access via EXchange server
Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example someone's else's calender without giving the usual full mailbox access rights? Abiola Sonubi wrote: > Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it > possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange > administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example > someone's else's calender without giving the usual full ...

Carrier List for Outlook Mobile Access
I am trying to find the carrier list to setup Outlook Mobile Access. Everything I have read on this says you can download it at the exchange 2003 sight but I can locate it. If anyone knows how to obtain it please email at jerry.king@woodlandstech.com. here's a supported device list...is that the same? http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange2003/section11.asp "Jerry King" <jerry.king@woodlandstech.com> wrote in message news:02a401c3be96$281e44b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to find the carrier list to setup Outlook > Mobile Access. > > Everything ...

Hotmail Account in Outlook 2003
Hi all, I've got 2 email accounts, colin@work.com and colin@hotmail.com. I've setup Outlook 2003 to send and receive from both these accounts and all works fine but with 1 'glitch' that I can't seem to resolve. As those of you who use Hotmail through Outlook know, Outlook creates a second 'Inbox', 'Outbox', 'Sent Items' etc in addition to the standard POP3 inbox etc. My problem is that if I send from my 'colin@work.com' mail account, the standard 'Sent Items' shows the sent mail. If I send from my Hotmail account, this sent ma...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...