Hand held and outlook calendar

I have a user who synched up his hand-held with his outlook calendar.  Now he
has duplicates throughout his calendar.

Is there a way to fix this or do I have to delete his mailbox and restore.

we are using exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003
0
Tyson (157)

Try the script posted here.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring/browse_thread/thread/5e73659dbf9037f/2613d024a76ccdcd?lnk=st&q=outlook+duplicate+script+calendar&rnum=11&hl=en#2613d024a76ccdcd

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Mar 12, 12:28 pm, Tyson <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a user who synched up his hand-held with his outlook calendar.  Now he
> has duplicates throughout his calendar.
>
> Is there a way to fix this or do I have to delete his mailbox and restore.
>
> we are using exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003

0
jamestechman (1266)

Lost some basic functionality in Outlook Express
I've recently installed WinXP Pro (w/ Service Packs) and Office XP Pro +FP (w/ Service Pack 3)... and have noticed now (it was probably doing this a little earlier but haven't noticed till now)... ....that Outlook Express won't let me use PageUp or PageDown keys in the preview pane.... (there's some other bugs too, but this one's a big one for me) A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despit...

re: compare outlook vs outlook express
what is the difference between outlook and outlook express? And which would I choose? Also I need to move personal folders of saved information from an old computer to a new computer from outlook express how would I do this? Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, theresa asked: | what is the difference b...

Outlook connector for MSN messed up my Outlook Today setttings
I upgraded to the most recent MSN software and, seemingly, the Outlook connector for MSN changed the folders it looks to in order to display Calendar, Tasks and Mail items for the Outlook Today screen. It created a whole set of folders under a main folder called "Outlook Today" and it points to old or empty subfolders created under Outlook Today and not the Calendar and Tasks folders within my Personal Folders file (which are the correct ones). However, there doesn't seem to be a way to change these settings in Outlook Today. Any help is appreciated. I wish Microsoft w...

Store database on hand does not match Headquarters on hand
We have just completed physical inventory in most of our locations and I have come across a few items where the on-hand quantity in the store does not match the on-hand quantity in Headquarters. (There are no committed quantities for these items.) Is there a routine to check for mismatches, or better yet, one to sync the numbers? The store quantities should be correct. Found it. 501, then 190. "Rick@ASP" wrote: > We have just completed physical inventory in most of our locations and I have > come across a few items where the on-hand quantity in the store...

Is there somewhere I can download outlook 2003
Is there somewhere I can download outlook 2003 Yes, your local retailer. Go to the retailer, download the package to = your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, pc asked: | Is there somewhere I can download outlook 2003 > Is there somewhere I can download outlook 2003 Yes, you can download a 60-days trial version of Outlook 2003 after registering by microsoft. I have n...

Outlook CRM Client
When using the Outlook / CRM Client, user is expecting the Outlook Contacts to be populated with the contact information from the Contact list of CRM. Is this true? If so, any ideas why this is not the case or what causes this to NOT happen? -Randy This is not how it should work - and if it did everyone's individual contacts would be replicated throughout the organisation, which is probably not what most people want. Users using the Outlook client should see a second set of folders which mirror the CRM Sales objects. There is no default functionality to move or copy records b...

Outlook from Access
Developing an Access application and I want to send an email when the user clicks a button. Outlook either generates errors (see code comments) or says it has created mail, but it doesn't do anything. Ideas? Public Function SendMessageOutlook(strTo As String, strCC As String, strSubject As String, strMsg As String) As Integer '******************* ' The following function requires references be registered for: ' 1. Microsoft Outlook x.0 Object Library ' 2. And if Word is used as the Outlook email editor, Microsft Word x.0 Object Library '******************* On Er...

Outlook, Act, CompanionLink
I may be in the wrong group here but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction... I have two users with Outlook XP, Act 2006, latest version of CompanionLink and a connection to an Exchange 2003 server. For one user, everything is working just fine. For the other user, we cannot get the CompanionLink software to recognize the Outlook Notes folder. This is in the sync setup of CompanionLink where you tell it which store to use for contacts, calendar, task, notes, etc. It is just not finding the Notes folder and attempting to synch produces an error when it gets to the Notes. We...

Unset reminders are appearing when starting Outlook
When starting outlook a number of reminders (one for every one of the address book entries) is appearing in the reminders window. I clicked on the dismiss all and all the entries got dismissed. But the outlook did not respond. After some time, the same set of reminders are appearing again! Even if I dismiss, it is not going away. It keeps reappearing. I closed the outlook and started back but still the same error continues. I restarted the computer but still the same problem continues. Why is this happening and how do I get over this? Let me know , please. Regards Shan...

Why is there a hand icon on some of my folders in Outlook?
I have been toying around with Archiving folders and all of the sudden some of my subfolders under my inbox have hand icons on them. Why is that? Using Exchange? Are these folders shared perhaps? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Hand Icon on Folders in Outlook" <Hand Icon on Folders in Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D08C6F-4213...

Outlook won't close #3
My new system has been freshly formatted and all the junk for the factory removed and replaced by only the software I use, 1 of which is Office 2003. Outlook 2003 has given me problems in the past but not like this. When I close Outlook, it closes the screen but stays in the taskbar and won't close there unless I use task manager and remove it. Sometimes when I try to open it I get the message that it did not open properly before, and would I like to open safe mode. I've updated, tried detect and repair and nothing works. I'm running a P4 3.2 with 1 gig ram and 160 g hard drive w...

I can not get outlook connector to work.
I just installed outlook 2007 on my system (first time ever using outlook at home) I downloaded outlook connector. I followed the install insctructions for connector but when I restart outlook the connector screen or the connector mune does not show up. How do I resolve this issue? ...

crmFormSubmit is undefined using the outlook client
Hi Everyone, I can't create a new account using the outlook client. The error I get is crmFormSubmit is undefined. Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Fred I am getting the same error, but I can create users in user manager. I have alo posted this problem yesterday but noone has responded yet. Farshad >-----Original Message----- >Hi Everyone, > >I can't create a new account using the outlook client. The error I get is >crmFormSubmit is undefined. Has anyone seen this? > >Thanks, >Fred > > >. > Hi; I have just found out from Matt in this news...

Compatibility of Outlook & Outlook Exchange
I am looking into buying a laptop that comes with Outlook Exchange. On my work computer, we have Outlook. When I hook my new laptop up to our server at work, is it possible to transfer my Contacts & Distribution Lists from theses two programs? We are talking 400 contacts so I am hoping the answer is yes. What do you mean by "Outlook Exchange"? Outlook is a PIM client that is part of the Office suite of programs, while Exchange is a mail server program. Did you really mean to say Outlook Express? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail addres...

Outlook PW not Retained
Any one: My Outlook passwords are not retained. Have attempted instructions @ "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;en-us;264672 OLEXP: Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP" to no avail. Any other suggestions - Problem is with Outlook not Outlook Express" Thanks, Jeff For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default....

Outlook Express Imported Email
I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. The "From" fied of all the old imported email does not display the email address. It just shows the sends full name. I therefore cannot reply to old email or click on the From field and add the email address to my contacts. Anyone come across this problem before? thanks, "Pryan" <Pryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B86DF03-5BC4-40B3-ADE4-F73674833190@microsoft.com... > I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. It's be...

Outlook Express #225
Hello, Would you happen to know why my Outlook Express is acting so "squirrely"? I use Outlook Express to querie my Adelphia and PKFamily email accounts. Here is the issue; I have 2 accounts set up [bbierman@adlephia.net and bbierman@pkfamily.com], if I send emails from either account it not only goes to intended sender and maintains a copy in the "Sent Mail" folder. But here is the very odd thing, it not only keeps a copy of the email in "Sent", it also sends a copy to my Inbox [ie if I send it from adelphia, it goes to my adelphia mailbox, and i...

Help with Outlook
How do I uninstall and reinstall the TCP/IP Stack? >How do I uninstall and reinstall the TCP/IP Stack? Why do you think this has anything to do with Outlook? Right-click on "My Network Places" (or "Network Neighborhood", depending on your version of Windows), click "Properties", find your network connection and right-click on it, click "Properties", locate the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" service, click on it, then click "Uninstall". Go to the sam place, but click "Install..." instead. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospa...

Hand blender
I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender Hello Manuel, And your active directory question is??? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender > "Manuel Oliveira" <moliv89588@aol.com> wrote in message = news:C7B46C40.149%moliv89588@aol.com... >I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender > Wow, this is a fi...

Outlook 2003 #323
Every time I send an email something comes up about invalid certificate and I need to open check security settings and uncheck encrypt message content and attachment, what is this all about?? We have no idea based on your detailed and succint description. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, XP Pro asked: | Every time I send an email something comes up about invalid | certificate and I need to open check secu...

New hands on lab
Hi all: The other day I was at a customer site and they asked if there was a way to see a "rollup" of all the products a particular account has purchased, other than going though their invoices one-by-one. So as an exercise I decided to have a crack at a solution for this. Check it out: http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. why aren't you using Filte...

outlook express #59
I recently started using a cable modem and set up Outlook Express. When I receive email, I can open some attachments but not others. I have gone to tools-security and unchecked the "don't open if suspect virus" but that has not helped. Any suggestions that will allow me to open the attachments? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5....

Outlook won't remember password.
We have the following situation. We have a server with Exchange 2007 SP2 running for out school. All users have a computer that isn't member of the Windows domain that holds Exchange and every on has Office 2007. When we make a profile for one of the colleagues with all exchange settings in it and we start Outlook then every time we need to enter the password. When I have a computer that is member off the domain outlook only asks one time for the password and next time it remembers it. What can I do that outlook remembers the exchange password also on the computers that aren...

Outlook ?
I often get a message in Outlook saying "kernal32.dll" problem. Windows will now close. It won't close and I have to reboot the system to get rid of the window. It only happens in Outlook and not Outlook Express. Can anyone help me with this problem? Nope - not with the dearth of information you have supplied. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no a...

IE, Outlook, and Certificates
I have Windows XP SP1, IE 6.0, and Outlook 2002 SP2 all with the latest Microsoft updates. When I receive and then reply to a digitally signed (using a VeriSign Digital Email ID certificate) message in Outlook, that person's certificate is automatically added to IE's Other People tab under Tools, Internet Options, Content, Certificates. I'm immediately able to start sending encrypted email to them with no additional steps necessary on my part. This does not happen on another computer running the 2000 versions of these programs. What I want to know is: 1. Is this behavior in XP b...