Groupwise to Exchange Migration - migrate a user twice

I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the
individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all
users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not
migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time.

Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of
my past emails to be migrated again?
--
Richard Perry
Systems Administrator/Programmer

Exchange Store Rights Denied using EXMERGE and opening other mailboxes as Exchange Full Administrator
I am trying to use EXMERGE on my Exchange 2003 server. The error I'm running into in the exmerge.log file is: Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d) I am running into an inherited DENY for Receive As and Send As on the security tab on the Mailbox Store. I have followed the instructions in the following Microsoft Documentation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823143 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322312/ So... I create a AD...

Identify Exchange ActiveSync Version
We just installed SP2 on our Exchange 2003 Server and are experiencing some problems getting our smart phones to work with Exchange ActiveSync. Support thinks we have the wrong version of Exchange ActiveSync. Any idea on how I can verify what version of Exchange ActiveSync is installed and how to get the latest version? And support did not give you any way to check this? Check the MasSync.DLL file in the \program files\exchsrvr\bin folder. The version I have on my E2K3 SP2 is v6.5.7638.1. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.direct...

Exchange and workgroups
Hi all, I need a little help understanding something. I originally had one server that was a Domain Controller running Win2k3 and Exchange 2003. All my clients were part of a workgroup and did not belong to a domain but they were able to access their Exchange accounts just fine as long as they logged onto their computers with the same user name and password as setup in Active Directory. Then, I got another server and moved just my Exchange server over to that. This was not a domain controller. I kept my old server to continue to act as the domain controller. When my clients tried to connect...

SMTP Mass Mailer not going to local Exchange Mailboxes
Hello -- I have a question. I think this works as designed, but I wanted to ask how this happens, so I can tell my boss about it. We have Exchange 2003 and EZMailer on the same network segmet. We use EZMailer (which has it's own built-in SMTP Server) to mass email notifications when a person's library book is about to become due. Anyway, if I put in an external email address (blas@gmail.com) I'll get it. If I use an internal email address (blas@ocls.info) I never get it. However, when we had Exchange 5.5, local mailboxes did get email from EZMailer. So, can someone t...

Linking CRM Contacts and Exchange Contacts
I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about linking CRM and Exchange Contacts. I want to update Exchange contacts when they are updated in CRM, and vice versa. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A book/online tutorial would be very helpful. This is only done through Sales For Outlook client See "Sales For Outlook Explained", from www.c360.com <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120569198.641354.108830@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about > linking C...

stopping exchange services prior to backup?
is there anyway to avoid stopping all exchange services before a backup in order to backup the *.edb files? using nt backup You shouldn't backup the database files directly, but should select "Microsoft Information Store" in NTBackup. This does a complete online backup and flushes old log files. The only time you really do an offline backup is if you're going to be moving servers or doing an offline defrag and want a copy of your files in case you mess-up. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >is there anyway to avoid sto...

Exchange not receiving Email
We have sbs2003. We're not able to receive internet email a few day ago. However, we're able to send email to outside. We tried to fix it by re-run internet mail wizard in sbs2003, but still unable to fix. Where shoul i start to troulbleahoot this problem Thanks for oyur input. start with the error someone gets if they try to send an email to someone at your organization...? "hh" <hh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CA8524F-BDB3-4521-AABA-AA3E2D7C46F1@microsoft.com... > We have sbs2003. We're not able to receive internet email a few day ago....

Outlook 2000 and Exchange
I have a situation with multiple Windows 2003 Servers. There is a domain server and another server runs exchange, terminal services, etc. Each user is set up in active directory with their groups. But it seems that Outlook 2000 has to be set up for each user on each machine individually and for users who don't have enough rights, it's quite difficult to set up at all. I know there is a way for Outlook to be automatically configured for whatever user logs in to the local machine but I don't know how to do it. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.egghead...

public folders in exchange
If you look in the KB 246504 and 179220 Thats the error messages I get. I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 but the problem was also in exchange 5.5 and I had the latest sp in 5.5. I cant get rid of those objects in the public folders eather in Outlook or the ESM. How to get rid of the public filders when I cant access them?? does anyone know?? Tintin >-----Original Message----- >Are they normal folders or system folders? What error do you get? Is this >in Outlook or ESM? > >"admin raw mode" - Are you trying to use the 5.5 admin? > >-- >Hope...

Front-end database for users without full version?
I share a database from a shared folder on my computer, and I want to split it into FE and BE. My question is, can I give a FE database to users who only have Access Runtime on their machines rather than the full version? A second question: I set up user-level security for this DB, and have opened up the share permissions for the folder containing the database. However, every other machine that opens the database will only open it "read-only." I have checked, double-checked, triple-checked the share permissions for the folder and all files within, and they are all wide open...

Groupwise
I'm having some problems with the Office suite on a computer, I noticed that it had both Outlook 2000 and Groupwise 6.2 installed, I had heard that these two can't be running on the same machine. Is this true? I think that this is causing my excel problems. Thanks ...

CRM Users/Licenses
I'm at a loss. I am a system admin but do not have access to the deployment server. As I set up users, will CRM notify me if we've run out of licenses? Sort of. Once you've reached your license limit, the next user that you set up will be created in Restricted Access Mode. You won't be able to uncheck the restricted access mode box and save unless you remove the license on one of the other users (either check restricted access or disable). Applies to CRM 3.0 only - I have no idea what happens in 1.2. ...

How to grant "Exchange Admin" rights in Exchange 2003
Hey everyone, When we ran Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT 4.0 the Exchange administrator could automaticlly open other user's mailboxes. However, after installing Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 we can no longer do that. I once had a MS Knowledge base article that told you how to do it but I have lost the article. Anyone know how to do it or can point me to the lost article? Thanks for any help. Clayton Thanks but I found it! Article ID# 262054 Clayton "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:%23U4cOOH8EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey everyo...

about web service of exchange 2007
I can send mail with web service ,but I can't add attachment to message. Why? Please Help ,thanks! On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:42:26 +0800, "f" <zy_fu@163.com> wrote: >I can send mail with web service ,but I can't add attachment to message. >Why? >Please Help ,thanks! > It works here. What happens when you try to add an attachment? error:generate wrong XML Document! what's your Code! thanks! "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> ???? news:ftkjl2pnbiguohrmuqftflcgf3gebkuqqn@4ax.com... > On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:4...

CRM user suddenly unauthorised
I have a crm user who was fine one day and the next got 'you are not authorised' when trying to log in. I unlicensed, disabled then reenabled, relicensed, but it did not work. So then I re-created AD account, now when going to re-license it says 'object does not exist' HELP! please don't tell me I have to create a whole new user? Thanks alot. If you have removed the old AD account and created a new one you have in effect deleted the link from crm to the users AD account. You do need to create a new CRM account. "Leigh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

How to give some rights to "create mailboxes" in Exchange 2003
I have a help desk employee that we want to give the ability to create mailboxes. Where do I go to do that? What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "jheald" <jheald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD65DC2C-01DC-46A0-A1FC-CF25B0AD1E73@microsoft.com... >I have a help desk employee that we want to give the ability to create > mailboxes. Where do I go to do that? > Exchange 2003 "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote: > What version of Exchange? > -- > Ed Crowley...

Slowness in transfering EMAILs between Exchange and local PST files with Outlook 2007
I'm not sure if others are seeing a similiar issue, but it routinely takes 10-15 seconds to move EMAILs between the Exchange and local PST files. This issue is not dependent on the size of attachment. I do have a relatively large local PST file over 2GB, but the Exchange file is relatively small. I have turned off the McAfee EMAIL scanner and so no improvement. Does anybody have ideas? Regards, Scott ...

Excel e-mails twice
We have a couple secretaries that have the following problem: Whenever they use the SEND TO: option in EXEL to e-mail a spreadsheet, everyone they sent it to, gets it twice. When they initiate the e-mail from OUTLOOK and attache the spreadsheet, this doesn't happen. This just affects a couple secretaries, not everyone. ...

Outlook over GroupWise
HELP! I refuse to use Groupwise please someone help find a way I can use Outlook 2003 with a GW server. LDAP is not enabled. ...

groupwise question
using outook 2003 is it possible to read GroupWise email in outlook? my company has webbased GroupWise along with the network based so we can access from home, but it would be easier on me if I could configure outlook to download the messages as it does with hotmail. I just don't know what the configuration would be. using http did not seem to work, but I don't know a lot about it. any info is appreciated. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different ...

Exchange 2003
Note: I am crossposting here in Outlook. I have posted in Exchange also. A client of mine is using multiple domain names in Exchange 2003. They have segregated the GALs into domain1.com, domain2.org, and the default GAL has deny permissions for these domains. The also have created offline address books for each domain with permission only to the domain groups, AllUsers@domainX.XXX, again the Offline GAL has deny permissions for the groups AllUsers@domainX.XXX. In ESM under "All Address Lists" only the domains domain1.com and domain2.org with permissions only to the respective d...

Exchange cache
In a team debate we thought..... Is it possible to have a large central exchage server containing ALL mailboxes for an entire company (medium size). Then - on each remote site, have an "Exchange Proxy" caching server, so user in remote site reads mail "X" - proxy goes and gets it over WAN, then caches it for, say, 60 days. Then next time user accesses mail it is instant direct from cache. eMails being sent would be accepted by Proxy then forwarded on in "background" so client has no idea that there is a delay..... This way - all data is central and no one rea...

IMAP address on exchange sever

Exchange through firewall
How bad an idea is it to open the ports necessary to allow my Exchange 5.5 clients to access Exchange from ourside the firewall sans-VPN? My offsite users complain that the VPN slows them down, so they just end up using pop3/smtp (which robs them of some cool Exchange features). If I do this, is it just port 5000TCP? That looks to be what is open to the internal workstations when I run 'netstat -a'. Dean Bad idea!! Never sacrifice Security for convenience. Why not hold a raffle to see who can bring your internal network down the fastest. "Dean Landry" <dlandry@cs...

The rules limit in Exchange servers
Hi! We are running Exchange Server 2003 on the server side and OutLook 2003 on the client side. Clients are complaining that they can not activate server side rules (error message from Q886616). The problem is that there is limitation of 32 Kb on the server (see Q147298). The question comes here - is it possible to increase this limitation on the server side? Perhaps there is kind of registry key or smthng? Or it is hardcoded and restricted by design? TIA, Zigmars Brants MCSE Everything I have seen about this indicates it is a hardcoded limitation... "Zigmars Brants" <...