Groupwise to Exchange Migration - migrate a user twice

I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the
individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all
users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not
migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time.

Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of
my past emails to be migrated again?
--
Richard Perry
Systems Administrator/Programmer

Exchange Sales Figures
Anyone know where I could find fugures on the number of copies of Exchange 2000 and 2003 that MS has sold. Or how many Exchange Servers are deployed worldwide? I don't need exact figures, but I don't need guesses either. Any ideas/help appreciated :) -- Rodney Buike MVP Windows Server - Directory Services http://thelazyadmin.com *** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. *** Err, why don't you ask your lead to ask my lead? That'd work. Because that would be too easy! Rod "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps...

Outlook reading Groupwise postoffice data
When I point Outlook 2000 to a Groupwise postoffice data folder and bring up the data in Outlook 2000, the text in the body of the message is missing. Any Ideas... Groupwise 5.5, Outlook 2000 current with the groupwise add- in installed. ...

exchange and vpn
Hi gurus I have a client running xp pro sp2 and has OL2003.- when client connect to the internal lan via VPN all resources are available for this client through the VPN, client can Ping servers, use printer and other application but can not connect to the Exchange server(exchange 2000) it trys to connect but nothing happen it says that OL has to be online error.- when I try to ping the exchange server I can not get it to respond, no connection is made, when the client is on site and is within the lan it connects fine,once is on the field and vpn connection is made It can not connect to...

SMTP Mass Mailer not going to local Exchange Mailboxes
Hello -- I have a question. I think this works as designed, but I wanted to ask how this happens, so I can tell my boss about it. We have Exchange 2003 and EZMailer on the same network segmet. We use EZMailer (which has it's own built-in SMTP Server) to mass email notifications when a person's library book is about to become due. Anyway, if I put in an external email address (blas@gmail.com) I'll get it. If I use an internal email address (blas@ocls.info) I never get it. However, when we had Exchange 5.5, local mailboxes did get email from EZMailer. So, can someone t...

Groupwise
I'm having some problems with the Office suite on a computer, I noticed that it had both Outlook 2000 and Groupwise 6.2 installed, I had heard that these two can't be running on the same machine. Is this true? I think that this is causing my excel problems. Thanks ...

Well I would use exchange if I could!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am a home user that has both a PC and a MacBook &amp; an Iphone. I previously had office home 2004. <br><br>I travel a lot so Exchange email was the way forward as it meant I had access to all my emails wherever I was, pc, mac &amp; iphone. I started getting a lot of cross platform formating problems in documents so decided to upgrade to Office Home 2008. <br><br>I assumed that an upgrade would be just that and I would not use functions I already had. Now I c...

Alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003
I have to use an alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003 to recover some pre-sp1 public folders and mailboxes. The problem is that i have to use a robot tape changer in my production segment to read my backup tape. How can i build an active directory infrastructure with the same name as my production directory without being in trouble? Thanks On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:13:08 -0700, "Daystrom" <Daystrom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have to use an alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003 to recover >some pre-sp1 public folders and mailboxes. The pro...

Exchange Errors
I am exeriencing errors with my Exchange 5.5 Servers. I am receiving Error Event ID 9322 constantly. An interface error has occurred. An MTABindBack over RPC has failed. What is the best way to address this? Event ID 9318 An RPC communications error occured. Unable to bind over RPC locality table LTAB index 45 NT.MTA error code 1753. Thanks... Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 member servers. Rustom Add the netbios and fqdn of the two machines involved to the host file (4 total entries). Copy the file to both machines - restart MTA. Still having issues - look for teaming nics. -- Hop...

why this error with no exchange running?
I disabled exchange 5.5 after migrating and now I have many messages like these on that machine. Event Type: Warning Event Source: WinMgmt Event Category: None Event ID: 41 Date: 6/28/2004 Time: 6:54:53 PM User: N/A Computer: machine2 Description: WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 19296 for Performance Library ESE97 because no value was found in the 009 subkey --- and this Description: WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 18370 for Performance Library MSExchangeDS because no value was found in the 009 subkey --- and this Description: WMI ADAP was unable to create object inde...

Outlook integration killing Exchange
Hello all, I have several client PCs with the CRM 3.0 Outlook integration installed. These clients are completely killing my Exchange 2003 server throughout the day. I've set a couple of them to sync every 30 minutes, and to NOT sync on start. However, this solution worries me because I can not promise users they are looking at 100% accurate information. Has anybody else seen this happen? My 20 users all complain about a general slowness of their systems and warnings that the system is running low on resources. This obviously concerns me, as I am the person supporting them. On the Exchang...

Exchange 2003 Mangement
Hi What is a good program for managing Exchange 2003 ? Thanks Have you tried the Admin program that ships with Exchange? Is there anything specific you are after? "Fred Bloggs" wrote: > Hi > > What is a good program for managing Exchange 2003 ? > > Thanks > > > Hi What do you mean by manage? If you are after events alerts, health/performance monitoring, then you can't go past Microsoft Operations Manager 2005, see here: http://www.microsoft.com/mom/default.mspx Regards Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admi...

SBS Exchange 2003
Incoming mail from an externally hosted application is addressed to & is from the same e-mail address (sender is user@domain.com & recipient is the same address) The mail is being rejected by Exchange 2003 SBS. The sending application logs show- Failure Reason: Error transferring to mail.domian.com; SMTP Protocol Returned a Permanent Error 554 5.1.0 Sender Denied If the message is sento to another internal address as well, rejection message refers to 250 2.1.5 Does anyone have an idea as to what settings will cause this problem of rejecting mail sent from an external source fro...

Outlook 2003 & Exchange
I just installed an evaluation version of Outlook 2003. Now I cannot get my exchange server to recognize my name. When I input my information and hit the check name button this is the response I recieve. "The name could not be resolved. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restriction." I know that my Exchange server name is correct. I also am using the same mailbox that I used in Outlook XP. If I hit ok, outlook tries to connect and I get this response. Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set o...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

Symantec Security for Exchange
Anyone have problems installing Symantec Mail Secuity for Microsoft Exchange? The new Exchange antivirus version from Symantec. 5.X (I have worked with Symantec support to no avail) Standar Exchange 2003 patched to date Standard Server 2003 patched to date The setup barely begins and.. Installsheild Wizard reports: The wizard was interrupted before Symantec mail Secuirty for Microsoft Exchange could be completed... Please run setup again. All Windows has to say: Event ID 11708 Event Type: Information Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 11708 Date: 12/26/2006 Time: ...

Exchange server 2000 Problem #2
I have issues generating within an Exchange 2000 Server. All updates and service packs have been applied recently. However, I have some messages and calendar items that can not be dismissed or deleted. Regardless of the user action from within outlook these items reappear over a non-specific amount of time. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.... Thanks. have you run Outlook for these clients with the /cleanreminder switch? "Doug Bowen" <DougBowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77879FA7-E802-42DA-ACB0-B0267B5F82F7@microsoft.com... > I have...

MS Exchange External Contact Messages being Bounced
Greetings - I am working on a problem with a newly installed MS Exchange 2003 server. We just migrated from Novell to Microsoft. We have about 50 Salespeople in our organization that are set-up as external contacts and we want to be able to have external contacts use salesrep@ourdomain.com and have that resolve to salesrep@isp.com. The error mesage below is what is recieved when we try this. ***error message*** From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 8:35 AM To: salesrep@ourdomain.com Subject: Undeliverable:test 834am 1004 Your message did not reach some or all of ...

Slow connection with Exchange Connector to Exchange 5.5
Hi, We have a windows 2000 SP4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4. About 300 connect to this server using Outlook 98 and Outlook 2003, about 50 of them over WAN-connections. All users use "Exchange connector" in Outlook to connect. When the server is started everything works as it should and access i fast. But from there it slows down until the WAN-users can't connect anymore about 2-3 days later. If I set up an IMAP4 or POP3 connection from the PC's of the WAN-users they can connect just fine. There are also no error-messages on the mail-server (event viewer). Any ideas ...

Exchange 5.5 Recovery #2
I just want to verify what steps are needed to recover a Exchange 5.5 server with multiple sites. Do I re-install Exchange on the new server and create a new site (same Domain, Site and Server name) not join an existing site? Then do a restore of the stores and directory? I have done recoveries in the past in a single site scenario but not one with multiple sites. Please advice! Thanks if you're talking about a recovery server, yes, you create a new site (do not join existing site), but do not restore the directory...no need...restore only the Stores, then run the DS/IS consistency c...

How to setup Autoreply for Disabled Users Mailboxes?
Exchange 2003 SP2 on 2003 Server. When we disable a user with a mailbox, is there a way in Exchange to have an autoreply sent back stating said User is no longer with Company and please contact xxx if needed? Ys, there is I cannot seem to recall. There is a KB article on this. "Don R Hunsinger" wrote: > Exchange 2003 SP2 on 2003 Server. > > When we disable a user with a mailbox, is there a way in Exchange to have an > autoreply sent back stating said User is no longer with Company and please > contact xxx if needed? I cannot find any KB article on this. ...

Configure email (Outlook 2003) to use HTTP proxy (NOT exchange server)
I have been searching through this newsgroup and others also, but I just can't seem to find anything. In my company there is an Exchange server but not a mail server. The mail server is on the internet. So the employees use Outlook 2003 with Exchange and email accounts. We are installing a proxy server but as I looked at the connection settings for email accounts the only thing I saw was: -Connect using LAN -Using Phone line -Using Internet Explorers or 3 party dialer Do I have to install some plug-in to give the proxy/firewall setting or what? Help will be appreciated. Thank you. ...

Problem with chached exchange mode
When working with chached exchange mode some of the folders do not update. When I login and connect, I see that the server tries to connect and update folders. for some he can but for the Inbox, it tries to update but then I can see "the folder was update on 10/14/05 but it doesnt realy update! I dont get any error or message. When I dont use chached exchange mode i can read new messages. Any ideas how to solve this? On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:01:01 -0700, "Boaz" <Boaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When working with chached exchange mode some of the folders do not ...

Deploying Windows Mobile-based devices with Exchange
Hello, Im a novice in Exchange 2003, I have an urgent request by my company CEO to get up and running windows Mobile phone with exchange server, Server has exchange sp2 installed and all components for direct push is select and configured properly. My problem is that I don’t know how to get My exchange server smtp or path name to enter on the windows mobile phone. I tried looking for it all over. Our exchange admin left the company and now im responsible for it Please help Eddie You configure the Exchange server under the ActiveSync settings on the device - there is a Configure Server ...

growing exchange database
We have a priv1.edb of 16,5 GB. When we look in the manager of exchange the total size of all mailboxes is less then 4 GB (also in in the backupBackup Exec). We use use the command etutil /d en esinteg with no result the size of the mailbox database is still 16,5 GB. On the exchange server is installed Exchange STD Sp3 with the lates post rollup of sp3. What is filling up the database? The deleted items are 0 days !! Check your event logs for event 1221 that will show you how much white space you have in your database. Which version of Exchange? "Yuri S" <Yuri S@discussi...

Weird ports on exchange or not?
Ok just run internal exchange 2003 port scan. Here are 3 weird ports I'm not sure about, 2103 could be MSMQ... but you newver know. Any ideas? Thanks. Open sbook[ 1349] From 192.168.1.30 ttl 128 Open rtcm-sc104[ 2101] From 192.168.1.30 ttl 128 Open zephyr-clt[ 2103] From 192.168.1.30 ttl 128 tomaszch@gmail.com wrote in news:1108588355.300144.297730 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Open sbook[ 1349] From 192.168.1.30 > ttl 128 > Open rtcm-sc104[ 2101...