Group Permission on Public Folders

Hello

I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a
public folder(as if to add a security group)?  Rather then one'sies and
two'sies of user rights to folders.

thanks
e-
0
EricARUP (52)

"Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a
>public folder(as if to add a security group)?  Rather then one'sies and
>two'sies of user rights to folders.

Exchange 5.5? Sure.

Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a
distribution group.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

We are using mail enabled groups but when you try to apply the permission we
get a error that says "the modified permissions could not be saved"

e-

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a
> >public folder(as if to add a security group)?  Rather then one'sies and
> >two'sies of user rights to folders.
>
> Exchange 5.5? Sure.
>
> Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a
> distribution group.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

EricARUP (52)
10/6/2005 3:19:03 PM
"Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm sorry i should have specified, Ex2003
>
>We are using mail enabled groups

You said "distribution", not "security" group. I said it should be a
security group.

>but when you try to apply the permission we
>get a error that says "the modified permissions could not be saved"

See above. See also the my previous response.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Cannot access Public Folders thru System manager
I am unable to access any public folders thru System manager. They can be accessed thru OUtlook 03 clients, but not OWA. We are sunning exch 03 and serv 03. when I try thru system manager I get the following error: Invalid Argument. Facility: win32 ID no: 80070057 Exchange System manager Clik OK and I get this: the Operation Completed Successfully Facility: WIn32 ID no: c0070000 Exchange System Manager The public folders is displayed, but I cannot see any of them. also, I am Unable to create a new Public Folder. I get the Same Invalid Argument error. Any Help would be appreciated.. ...

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Permission mailbox
OS Server 2003 SP1 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 4-4-2006 Time: 11:18:03 User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: a961c9a0-b7b2-46a7-a2d2-7c174bb04641. Error Code 0x8004010f ----- You can use adfind to trace the guid to the mailboxname adfind -gc -b "" -binenc -f " msExchMailboxGUID={{GUID:a961c9a0-b7b2-46a7-a2d2-7c174bb04641}}" -dn This is the Output, so i don't get to see the mailboxname Transformed Filter: msExchMa...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Public Folder auto-responder?
How can I set up an auto-responder to a public folder on Exchange 2003? I see information about a server scripting add-in for Outlook 2003, which I have installed...but now what? Where can i find information about how to set up the scripts? You typically will have to write/get help writing the code for the script/event sink that you apply to the public folder. You may also find pre-written sinks that already do what you want...but the idea is that what you're wanting is extra/custom functionality and you're going to have to add that piece yourself. Exchange provides the framewo...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

determine last time file/folder was modified
I found a script on the net that searches a folder for the names of subfolders and files and pumps that information to a log file. I have modified the script to gather more info and to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet. I just wanted to get some feedback on it. Thanks, Jeremy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 'Purpose of this script is to recursively search a directory 'to return the following info about subfolders and subfiles 'Date Created, Date Last Accessed, Date Last Modified, 'Name, Path, Size and Type. 'An...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Public folders stuck in Public Folder Instances
I'm trying my best to finish up this migration to Exchange 2007. I couldn't figure out how to use the PFMigrate tool to move public folders from Exchange 2003 to 2007, so I Right Clicked on the 2003 Public Folder Store and chose Move All Replicas. That was over 24 hours ago. I have about 180 public folders to move. The move for most of those folders took about 6 hours. However, I have 9 folders left in Public Folder Instances on the 2003 server that have been stuck there with the same KB size for the past 18 hours. They just don't seem to want to move. I've readded repli...

New User. You do not have permission to log on.
I create a new user. After that I have problem log in from outlook and OWA I got this on outlook Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on. I am using Exchange 5.5 on Winnt4.0 The domain is on Win2K ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

Browsing for a folder in "Look in:"
One of our clients has a Peer-To-Peer environment with one of the peer computer hosting all of the shared folders. When the other peers try to browse to the shares using the "Look in:" option (within Word and Excel) to open a word document or excel spreadsheet it takes a very long time for it to drop down with all of the shares and the other files and folder. We have tried upgrading the computers to 512MB of RAM, We've tested accessing the shares from the run command and Windows Explorer and they are very fast there. Any help with this issue will be much appreciated. D...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Search text in folder of publisher files?
Can you search text in folder of publisher files. Google desktop style of program, but pub files are not on supported list. -- ks_paper ...

Got permission Error after restoring
I restored my exchange server on another domain and i dont have Admin access because the Permission in exchange are set with user from another domain. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to reset thoses permission. Thanks Log in locally with admin rights >-----Original Message----- >I restored my exchange server on another domain and i dont >have Admin access because the Permission in exchange are >set with user from another domain. Can anyone tell me if >there is a way to reset thoses permission. > >Thanks >. > If done this and it does'nt work. i can...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

e-mail going ot deleated items folder
Some of my e-mails go directly to the deleated items folder. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? HI MG, have you created rules? Please check them -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "MG" <msnsgibbs@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0bb201c46e81$490753b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some of my e-mails go directly to the deleated items > folder. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? ...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

public folders #32
hi i have just installed exchange 2003 enterprise and i need to set up public folders. i would appreciate is somone could please help me in setting it up. Hi; Maybe this will be your answer. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319587 Bora Güler "Najmi" wrote: > hi i have just installed exchange 2003 enterprise and i need to set up public > folders. i would appreciate is somone could please help me in setting it up. ...

DST and permission
We have applied the DST patch, KB92666, on our Exchange 2003 SP2 organization running on a Windows 2003 SP1. After applying the patch, mailboxes that are shared with other users can not send but they are able to receive. Users with full mailbox right receive a NDR stating that "you do not have permission to send to this recipent." These users are logging in as themselves and are using Outlook 2003. They are the owner of the mailbox and are not mobile users. I have read that the DST patch causes permission issues on shared mailbox. Is there a fix for this? The Exchange C...

Unable to view mails in pst folder
Hi I have encountered problem with one of my pst file. In my outlook2000, i have 3 pst folders. One of my pst folder is empty although there is 1.4MB worth of data. I can't see any mails in this folder, is blank. I have check my filter in my outlook which is in off mode. I have tried using scanpst to check for error and after scaning, there is no error. Any one can help me? Many thanks. Benjamin ...