Good practise - where to store mails????

THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes
round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back
to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange
box.Thank you

craig

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:37:53 +0200, "Express"
<expressremovethis@tourismcapetown.co.za> wrote:

>THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes
>round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back
>to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange
>box.Thank you
>
>craig

Your 1GB and 4GB mailboxes won't be a problem for Exchange. Obviously
your previous discussions on sizing are relevant here and you clearlt
will need to make sure you're not doing so much importing as to break
your 75GB limit where you are making do with Standard Edition but
essentially a 4GB mailbox is fine, with a beefy enough server.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/16/2006 6:52:27 AM
Thank you Mark.

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:37:53 +0200, "Express"
> <expressremovethis@tourismcapetown.co.za> wrote:
>
>>THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes
>>round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back
>>to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange
>>box.Thank you
>>
>>craig
>>

> Your 1GB and 4GB mailboxes won't be a problem for Exchange. Obviously
> your previous discussions on sizing are relevant here and you clearlt
> will need to make sure you're not doing so much importing as to break
> your 75GB limit where you are making do with Standard Edition but
> essentially a 4GB mailbox is fine, with a beefy enough server.

What is the total amount of data you are planning to put in Exchange DB?
Do you have enough disk capacity to store that? Can your backup system
handle this much and in given time?

Express wrote:
> THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes
> round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back
> to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange
> box.Thank you
>
> craig
>

>> I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to
>> accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits.
>> After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in
>> .pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the
>> same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB takes just
>> amount of disk space to store one copy (thanks to Single Instance Storage).
>
> Express wrote:
>> thanks for your input. What do you advise then for my users to store their
>> mails. We have a 100MB limit for their exchange mailboxes and the rest
>> they
>> must drag into their Archive folders (which is a .pst on the File server).
>> Any ideas
>>

>> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
>>> I strongly suggest not using .pst files. See
>>> http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1000&faqname=Exchange%205.5&sectionID=1013&sectionName=Why%20PST%20=%20BAD

>>> --
>>>
>>> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>>>
>>> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
>>> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
>>> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
>>> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
>>> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
>>> Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org
0
kpalagin (1838)
10/16/2006 11:41:06 AM
i don't know how it will affect the backup but there is about 30GB that
needs to be added

> What is the total amount of data you are planning to put in Exchange DB?
> Do you have enough disk capacity to store that? Can your backup system
> handle this much and in given time?
>
> Express wrote:
>> THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes
>> round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails
>> back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my
>> exchange box.Thank you
>>
>> craig
>>

>>> I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to
>>> accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits.
>>> After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in
>>> .pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the
>>> same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB takes just
>>> amount of disk space to store one copy (thanks to Single Instance
>>> Storage).
>>
>> Express wrote:
>>> thanks for your input. What do you advise then for my users to store
>>> their
>>> mails. We have a 100MB limit for their exchange mailboxes and the rest
>>> they
>>> must drag into their Archive folders (which is a .pst on the File
>>> server).
>>> Any ideas
>>>

>>> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message

> --
>
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
> Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org

Is it an option for you to archive the e-mail as msg file on the
fileserver?
Your Exchange will clean up and you don't need anymore archive.pst
files.

Express schreef:

> i don't know how it will affect the backup but there is about 30GB that
> needs to be added
>
> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> > What is the total amount of data you are planning to put in Exchange DB?
> > Do you have enough disk capacity to store that? Can your backup system
> > handle this much and in given time?
> >
> > Express wrote:
> >> THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes
> >> round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails
> >> back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my
> >> exchange box.Thank you
> >>
> >> craig

> > --
> >
> > Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
> >
> > Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> > Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> > Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> > triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> > http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
> > Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org

0
mpvjules (11)

hvordan oprettes e-mail skabelon i outlook 2007
Jeg skal med mellemrum sende 4 forskellige mails til forskelliger modtagere. jeg har tidligere (outlook 2003 tror jeg) kunne oprette skabeloner som jeg kunne redigerer i og sende, men det kan jeg ikke få lov til i 2007... ...

Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold Being Out of a Balance by a Penny
Hello: In GP 10.0 SP1, has anyone encountered an issue where Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold are out of balance by a penny upon posting Sales Order Processing invoices? It does not happen on every invoice or for every item. But, in the journal entry that results from posting as invoice, the client has to book the penny either to Inventory or Cost of Goods Sold in order to post the journal entry. From elementary accounting school days, aren't Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold supposed to equal? childofthe1980s Are lots in use with fractional unit sales? Multiple Units of Measure...

Help, Can't Receive E-Mails...
I have an exchange 2000 server. I am able to send e-mails internally and send e-mails to external e-mail addresses, but I cannot receive e-mail from any external sources. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks... Try and send a test message from outside your network and see if you get a Non Delivery Report (NDR), if you get an NDR it should describe why it wasn't delivered. Check your DNS records to make sure your Mail Exchanger (MX) record is pointed to the correct IP address. You can also go to this website enter the domain that the Exchange Server is hosting, and it will report ...

questions how it work live mail
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CB458A.4FDC1D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable HI=20 I am very confusing about live mail on my mircosoft email, it seem not = work online email and receive.. It does make me frustrate. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CB458A.4FDC1D60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> ...

Using "Send to mail recipient" doesn't work
On one of my computers I have a problem: When I right click a file in windows explorer, press "send to" and choose "mail recipient" I receive the following error: There is not enough memory or system resources. Close some windows, and then try again. I have no problems attaching files to an email from Outlook and the computer has plenty of available resources, so my guess is that there's something wrong with Outlook somehow. I've found very little information on that specific error (other than http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=899340 which as far as I can see isn...

Outlook 2003 Default Incoming E-Mail Address Format Issue
My company is running Exchange Server 2003 as our Enterprise mail system, and we are using Outlook 2003 as our typical mail client. I have noticed that when receiving external mail (from the Internet), the messages are often listed as being addressed as from a nickname rather than a valid e-mail domain. For example, hypothetical user "John Smith" from company XYZ may use the nickname "Johnny". Typically, when this occurs, the following information can be found in the message header. From: "Johnny" <john.smith@xyz.com> Question - is there any way t...

Edit MS Office files stored within an Outlook pst file
I had started storing Microsoft Outlook files (.doc, .ppt & .xls) within my outlook .pst folders. It seemed like such a great solution; I was organizing all my email and files in the same place. I thought I could open edit the files too! But after accessing my email from another computer on our domain I realized that I did not see some updates which I had made. Further research showed that when I thought I was editing the files, I was just editing copies being stored in my local user profile cache. Is there any way to actually edit files you have stored in a .pst? That seems like suc...

Junk mail #13
How do I set up a junk mail file in my inbox for Outlook 2000? I assume you don't just want to create a folder to move junk into, but rather you want an active tool that cleans spam? If so, Google for SpamBayes. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "private68" <private68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41111E9C-2D83-4FDE-8031-C7138F5B0E0C@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a junk mail file in my inbox for Outlook 2000? No that's not what I need. On the left side of my Outlook is my inbox with ...

E-mail does not appear until hours later? exchange2000/outlook2003
Setup Windows 2000 sp4 Exchange 2000 sp3 with latest security update Symantec Antivurs Enterprise Edition with mail Security 4.5 for MS exchange --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just migrated users over to office 2003 from office 2000. Now some of my users are having issues with outlook 2003 not showing some e-mail messages until hours later. Steps taken: Verfied times in each e-mail header, no delays Changed Send/Recieve Settings so that a automatic send/recieve is done every 3 minutes. Verified Tools - options - Mail setup - Send immedit...

Hyperlink in mail message and Word
Hi, Whenever I click on a hyperlink within a mail message, it brings up the Word program, with edit mode BEFORE the link is shown up on my browser (I use FireFox). How can I turn it off? It is so annoying. I'm using: (Office 2003)Outlook 2003 with SP1 FireFox 0.9.1 XP with SP2 It happened just recently but I can't claim it is related to XP SP2. Thanks. -Aston ...

Information Store Size #5
I have a client running SBS2000 which I will be upgrading to SBS2003 w/Exchange SP2 to take advantage of the new Treo700W. I'm trying to get the databases as small as possible before the migration. The Priv is the only real issue. The EDB is 10.8GB and the STM is just under 2GB. I exported the mailbox resources to a CSV and added up the sizes and it came to 5.8GB. I would assume the actual number is less when you figure single-instance store space savings. Is the balance in the "Deleted Item Retention" and is there any way to report on those numbers? how much whitesp...

store.exe hangs while stopping Information Store
Hello, admins! I`ve faced the problem that Information Store doesn`t stop as expected. After executing stop or restart request for Information Store service, it takes a lot of time to complete. Sometimes it may take up to 2 hours and more. And after starting up Info Store, it takes up to 30 minutes to complete. MBX stores mount very quickly, but PF store doesn`t. The problem occurs only on one server. The other 2 works fine. Despite all of them has the same config and PF store. Application logs doesn`t contain eny errors or warnings. Just like after increasing diagnostics logging for I...

what is a good book

Forwarding mail #4
Hi, I am trying to find out if it is possible to forward a individuals emails from from his account in exchange to an external address? Thanks Sure, see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Matt Owen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:809901c4959f$74804ac0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am trying to find out if it is possible to forward a > individuals emails from from his account in exchange to > an external addre...

Update Is GOOD 03-26-10
Updating I Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- ~Joseph~ update bad bad service packgood "jack wilkinson" <josephturner65@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7DA06527-731E-4B9B-A70F-192A5BC93EBD@microsoft.com... > Updating I Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > -- > ~jack wilkinson~ "jack wilkinson" <bargaindirect@clerk.com> kirjoitti viestiss�:uyWmVmF0KHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > update bad bad service packgood > "jack wilkinson" <josephturner65@hotmail.com> wrote in message >...

Store Procedures in CRM 1.2 no consistant
Hi, When running the Upgrade adviser, i get the following problem. Stored procedures in CRM DB not consistant with CRm 1.2??? Seems some of them are lost??? Don't know how or why but i need to know how to fix... , Secondly, the MSSearch Service will not start, Anyone had problems with this, says it can't find the file specified??? ...

Mail to No. of users
Hi I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution groups)he recives following error message from administrator. The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <Exchange.test.com #5.5.3> Where i can found this setting so i can get rid of this limit... Please help Cheers Taj go to exchange -globle setting - message deliver and right click and proper...

various Prices at stores
Is there a way to keep many prices at different stores in HQ. Because HQ only have only one price, How it able to deploy different prices to different stores? Is there any way that the store can keep its price without being over writen by HQ price? Thank you very much for help. I am just working now on moving to an HQ/SO system from a single store, so I am no expert. However, I read somewhere that HQ has an option to allow stores to have thier own cost and price. If you select this option, HQ will have a default price, but each store's SO database will have it's price indepe...

Outlook mail
I can receive mail from outlook express 6; however, I can't recieve mail from outlook 2000. Identical settings! This happened after I used the repair option from the installation disk. Any suggestions? I did a e-installation of outlook - didn't help. Mark After you used the repair and detect (or did a re-install of Office/Outlook), did you re-apply any and all patches that you had applied previously? (You also might try switching to the other mode and then back again to force a re-write of any mapi files. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm for more inform...

how to recive confirmation read e-mail with e-mail router
In MSCRM with E-mail router, It�s posible receive message confirmation when an e-mail is read for the contact or account ? Thanks Valentin Collado There is no way to do this in the current version. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Valentin" wrote: > In MSCRM with E-mail router, It´s posible receive message confirmation when > an e-mail is read for the contact or account ? > > Thanks > > Valentin Collado > > > ...

what is the incoming (pop3) mail name for hotmail?
Does anyone know what the incoming (pop3) mail name and Outgoing (smtp) name is so that i can use my hotmail account in outlook 2000 1. Hotmail is http mail, not POP3 2. Outlook 2000 does not "do" http mail. 3. Hotmail is only available in Outlook accounts via a paid subscription. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, DanielHibbert asked: | Does anyone know what the inc...

And in case I don't see you,good afternoon,good evening,and good n
Well thanks for all the help and assistance over the year(s) group (seriously), you saved my butt more then a few times. That said I finally got my data all transferred to MySql and will not be looking back. As some of you may know/remember I've had serious issues with Excel and find it to be highly flawed in fundamental ways, despite any of the functionality built over that. I personally don't find it worth it given the level of frustration and, IMHO, sloppy core programming that makes day in and out use a nightmare. In any event that is MS's cross (and shame) ...

KB issued on why DST patch stops the Exch 2003 store from mounting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;932599 "This problem may occur if the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service experiences an ecAmbiguousAlias error when enumerating the groups and users that are assigned permissions to the store databases objects in Active Directory. The error occurs when a security identifier (SID) cannot be resolved to a single user. In this scenario, the SID is present in the security descriptor of the database object that will not mount." Ray ...

Please, give me some links on the good dating sites.
Your welcome everyone, Can you help me to find popular dating sites. On Tipe: http://www.yahoo.com, please. Thx, CholocopPoone -- CholocopPoone Why would anyone post this question in an Office newgroup??? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "CholocopPoone" <CholocopPoone.5d39500@officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:CholocopPoone.5d39500@officefrustration.com... > > Your welcome everyone, > Can you help me to find popular dating sites. > On Tipe: http...

Inventory and Cost of Goods
Is there a way that when you add new item you can set the cost of the item you sell to a percentage? For example I have a barcode my employee's scan for a money order and they are prompted to enter a price. Can I set up the cost to be 100% of what ever amount they enter? Aslo is there a way that I can setup a barcode for lottery that they get from the lottery machine and when they ring it up it will not effect the phisyical inventory or cost of Goods? We want to use the COST of GOODS on the Z report to balance with our physical inventory not our virtual unlimited inventory that w...