Going to 2003 from 5.5 (Public Folders) problem

We are currently attempting an upgrade to 2003 from 5.5

We used pfmigrate to add replicas on the new dedicated public folder server
but started to notice the priv is growing. Not only that but faster then the
pub.  There are no mailboxes on the server so why would this be happening?

Any ideas?
0
Stacey (160)

Stacey <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are currently attempting an upgrade to 2003 from 5.5
>
>We used pfmigrate to add replicas on the new dedicated public folder server
>but started to notice the priv is growing. Not only that but faster then the
>pub.  There are no mailboxes on the server so why would this be happening?
>
>Any ideas?

Because public folder replication uses e-mail. This has been the
situation since, well, forever.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> Stacey <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We are currently attempting an upgrade to 2003 from 5.5
> >
> >We used pfmigrate to add replicas on the new dedicated public folder server
> >but started to notice the priv is growing. Not only that but faster then the
> >pub.  There are no mailboxes on the server so why would this be happening?
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> Because public folder replication uses e-mail. This has been the
> situation since, well, forever.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Stacey (160)
12/13/2005 7:16:07 PM
Stacey <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Let me state it this way. We stopped replication and cycle the server made
>sure replication was still off and yet the priv was still growing.

The only way to stop the public folder replication is to remove the
replicas from the public folder store, and then delete the public
folder store.

The mailbox store does have a few mailboxs in it (System{..}, System
Attendant, SMTP{...}). How big are they?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

problem using the newest platform SDK in MFC
i'm just begin learning SDK. how can i use the latest SDK's *.h and *.lib files in vc6? for example, in a MFC Appwizard creating dialog based project, i added these lines: #include <Winuser.h> #include <commctrl.h> ...... INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX icc; icc.dwSize = sizeof(INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX); icc.dwICC = ICC_WIN95_CLASSES;//ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES; InitCommonControlsEx(&icc); why InitCommonControlsEx return 1 and when i changed icc.dwICC to ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES, compile is faild? i have added the ComCtl32.Lib file in project settings, and added "_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501&q...

How do I install and set up Outlook 2003 with a Yahoo address?
I am new to Outlook and I don't know how to set it up? I use a Yahoo email address and I don't even know if I need a the Microsoft Exchange Server or POP3. Would you please help with step by step instructions? Thank you Only paid Yahoo POP3 accts can use Outlook. Use your browser to access your free Yahoo mail instead. MS Exchanges are for businesses. You would use the POP3 setup if you had a POP acct. You get those thru your Internet Service Provider. "nudough" wrote: > I am new to Outlook and I don't know how to set it up? I use a Yahoo email > address a...

Synchronization problem
I have a 250 page document in Publisher. I changed the title on 1 of the pages and it changed the title on all of the other pages. I understand that this is a Smart Object problem. How do I fix this? Can't start over with a new document Emily you don't say what version of Publisher you are using. There should be information in the HELP file how to UN-synchronise the objects. -- ...

Outlook IMAP folders Rule to mark sent-items read
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 on XP SP2, and everything works great except for one small annoyance. I am using IMAP and have a rule that automatically puts a copy of every email I send into my IMAP "sent-items" folder. However, Outlook copies these emails as unread. Is there any way to make a rule that only applies to one IMAP folder (mark all as read only on the sent-items folder)? I basically want to mark every email sent to copied to the sent-items folder as read. Any other ideas? Thanks, Jerry .. I too am experiencing this annoyance. Anyone know a work around? "...

Excel 2003 VB CODING
Can some one please look at the following and tell me why i'm getting a mismatch error? Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & '"Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Destination = "" For Each cell In EmailAddr If Destination = "" Then 'Destination = cell 'Else Destination = Destination & ";" & cell 'End If Next cell Handle the error as below... Sub Macro() Dim myRange As Range On Error Resume N...

Saving 2003 up to 2007 ?
I just read the post about compressing a workbook, and thought I'd try it, and discovered that my work 2003 allows saving as 2007. ( I have 07 at home, and 03 at work.) How does that work out ? Regarding some of the 07 stuff that isn't available in 3, like sumifs. Or is it ? Thanks, Steve If you're going to use files under both 2003 and 2007, stick with 2003 worksheet functions, which means not using SUMIFS() and other new commands added if you do development/design in 2007. They're not going to work in 2003. You're probably best off with those w...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Autocorrect 2003 converted to 2007
Can someone tell me how to convert my Word 2003 autocorrect files to Word 2007? I have tried copying my MSO1033.acl to the building blocks/1033 folder, but when I click on quick parts, it throws up a dialog box with garbage in it. I have read through many of the messages, but they appear to be discussing moving from 2003 to 2003 or 2007 to 2007. Thanks for any help. You shouldn't have to do anything. If you're trying to move from one machine to another, just copy the file to the equivalent place it came from - the actual path varies according to Windows version, b...

Problem with Checkboxes... Help Required!!!
I have a designed a form in which users will deselect checkbox 31 if the customer has a product from a certain brand. Users can also deselect checkbox 32 if the customer has a product from another brand. (It is possible that customers will have products from both brands). On another part of the form the user has to select checkbox 41 if the total value of the customer products (from both brands) is greater than �15000. At present I have the following coding:- Private Sub CheckBox41_Click() If CheckBox41.Value = True Then Controls("CheckBox44").Enabled = True Controls("CheckBox...

IMAP and outlook 2000/XP/2003
I have set up a small network.. witha windows 2000 Pro computer acting as a server with an IMAP email ser running on it. i am recieveing a problem with any outlook client 2000-2003. the clients keep timing out, and hanging. with outlook express there is no problem.... i am aware this is a know issue.. but is there a fix? jack benson ...

SBS 2003 CAL's
Hi Our customer needs a 5 license user CAL pack for his SBS 2003 Server. Is it correct that I now have to buy 2008 and backgrade it? If so, the place we purchase our IT stuff from, has the following T74-01214 - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 - version upgrade licence Is this not what they need? Thanks Neil Licensing is confusing (to say the least)... T74-01214... those are the "Volume Upgrade" CALs used when you are upgrading from SBS 4.0, 4.5, 2000 to SBS 2003. You'll need to buy the Volume License or Retail SBS 2008 CALs. If Volume Licen...

Transferring Personal Folders
I have a new laptop and need to transfer all of my personal folder data in Outlook 2003 (i.e. contacts, calenders, mail & tasks) from my old laptop to my new. How is the best way to do this? -- John H not by using import and export. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/open_pst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www...

If statements (of course) {running excel 2003}
There has to be an easier way to do this. I have a commission worksheet. In column A I have the revenue. In column B I'd like to display the payout. For instance, if cell A1 is 0-14999, B1 should display A1*0% if cell A1 is 15-19999, B1 should display A1*10% and so on, including a total of 7 tiers or variables. Right now I have a terribly long 'If' statement and it is cumbersome to make any changes. I am -okay- at VB, but I know nothing about pivot tables, FYI. Thank you so much! Jacob Create a 2xn table with the values 0,0;15000,10%;etc in say M1:N10 and then use =VLOOK...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Getting hotmail into outlook 2007 mail folders.
I just got hotmail plus. Email goes into outlook but into separate folders created under my hotmail address. How do I get email to go into the regular outlook mail folders automatically? Thanks. "Prince Arthur" wrote in message news:F33A810E-955F-4999-8F16-9EB6807D9D95@microsoft.com... > I just got hotmail plus. Email goes into outlook but into separate > folders > created under my hotmail address. How do I get email to go into the > regular > outlook mail folders automatically? Thanks. Exchange and POP3 accounts get their messages aggregated into the one (de...

Excel 2003, XP hangs opening file on SSL
Hi, I have a very wierd problem. I use excel to open a file on a SSL website with basic authentication. The first time I open the file it works. If i try the second time, EXCEL hangs. It will only work if I clear the internet cache of IE. Does anybody know a solution ? Regards, Bogdan ...

publisher 2003 #34
I have just installed Publisher 2003 ,we also have in use microsoft Office student /teacher edition.I have just created a file & saved in publisher from a template & Publisher says it cannot open the file .Why??It is a genuine microsoft program bought from pc world yesterday.In the open file table we are unable to open any of the displayed files!Before closing down we printed a copy of the new publication! Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329820 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ...

CFindFile Problem..
i am using CFindFile to recursively search files in folder and its subfolders. The problem is that when i run the call on same folder on two different machines the search turns out in different order on the two machines. on one machine the folders are sorted in ascending order on the other in descending. how do i change this behaviour of CFindFile. any help.. >i am using CFindFile to recursively search files in folder and its >subfolders. >The problem is that when i run the call on same folder on two different >machines >the search turns out in different order on the two mach...

exmerge for exchange 5.5 #2
Hello, I have a exchange 5.5 that i want to extract the mailboxes so that i can import them to another exchange 2003 in another organization. The only exmerge that i see in microsoft site says it requires exchange 2003 to run it, does anyone know where i can download the version of exmerge to extract the mailboxes from the exchange 5.5 server? thanks, jh On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:29:28 -0700, "jhayes" <jhayesit@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have a exchange 5.5 that i want to extract the mailboxes so that i can >import them to another exchange 2003 in anoth...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #5
I have XP Pro, Office 2003 Pro with Business Contact Manager. I am using MSN for dial up ISP but have other POP3 email accounts. 1-Can not get Outlook to send message out to mail server. SMTP. Error says it found the server, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. I sent the error to the mail admin and he checked all setting on the server and says there is not problem on his end. I have never had to set SSL settings and port settings for email. 2-Just started Outlook 2003 and received the following error: There was a probl...

Header & Footer Excel 2003
Does anyone know if I can do a more detailed header and footer? I have tried to do a Custom Header but it doesn't allow me to format how I need to. I wanted to use a header & footer so that information on each page of the document gets updated the same on every page (like a Word document) and I don't want to faff around using formulas as I'm new to Excel. Also, If I was able to sort this out I would still have the problem of not being able to view the header and footer without looking at Print Preview. This would be a pain. Any ideas? Thanks Julia What information ...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi, I have an NT4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed. I have followed all the guides for ensuring relaying is prohibited on our server - tried the telnet tests (MAIL FROM, RCPT TO etc) and I get the response 550 relaying is prohibited. However, when online our Exchange outbound queue constantly fills with spam mail, originating from the sender <>. How can I stop this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:12:24 -0000, "Paul Kavanagh" <pkavanagh@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an NT4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4 ...