Global settings size limitation on Exchange Server 2003

I set send and received mails as 1MB max. from global settings on Exchnage
2003 server. Then some users need more over 1MB sized mail. I set user
settings of this users to 5MB. But they cannot send or receive any mail over
1MB from outside of organisation. I searched and found that user settings
cannot override global settings for internet mails. How can I increase
limitations for special users. By the way, I try to ommit 1MB limit for all
as temporarily. I changed global settings as "no limit" but still I cannot
send or receive any mail over 1MB. How can I solve these problems. Please
help me..
0
atb (1)

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 06:43:34 -0800, atb <atb@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I set send and received mails as 1MB max. from global settings on Exchnage
>2003 server. Then some users need more over 1MB sized mail. I set user
>settings of this users to 5MB. But they cannot send or receive any mail over
>1MB from outside of organisation. I searched and found that user settings
>cannot override global settings for internet mails. How can I increase
>limitations for special users. By the way, I try to ommit 1MB limit for all
>as temporarily. I changed global settings as "no limit" but still I cannot
>send or receive any mail over 1MB. How can I solve these problems. Please
>help me..

The global settings do indeed take precedence so you must have the
higher figure there. When you do change the user level figures within
the range of 1KB to the upper limit then you must wait a while for AD
to catch up.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Word Document can only open half size
When I open a Word document, the window can only open half size. You can not maximum it or enlarge it by dragging the edge. You can not move the whole window either. Please let me know how to make the window full size again! Thanks!! Are you talking about the Window or the representation of the Document, For the latter, you use the Zoom function (In Word 2007, it is a slider at the right hand end of the Status Bar at the bottom of the screen. If it does not appear there, right click on the Status Bar and check the Zoom box. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsg...

Exchange migration 5.5 => 2003 odd errors
It appears as though RightFax had been on the Exchange 5.5 box at one time and the 2003 reciient update service seems to have picked this up because every 5 seconds or so, we are getting events 8329, 2035 and 8231. The first event (8329) states that the Recipient Update Service is starting a rebuild of CN.. etc... Immediately afterwards, event (2035) The e-mail address description object in the MS Exchange Directory for the 'RFAX' address type on i386 machines is missing. then of course, the (8231) tells me "Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN..." ...

simple query changing set of numbers from positive to negative
have a string of numbers in a column that are positive and would like to make negative ie 1384.40 128.31 193.7 .... and would like to make place minus in front ie -1384.40 -128.31 -193.7 .... Appreciate advice Sammy Put -1 in an empty cell, copy it, select the numbers and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sammy" <sammy@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:NsXce.35124$5F3.2624@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > have a string of numbers in a column that are positive and would like to > make negative > > ie > > 1...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Need advice on NT4 -> Server 2008 R2 upgrade
We currently have an NT4 domain but are looking at making the jump to Server 2008 R2, A/D, etc. but we have some limitations on what can be upgraded so I need some advice. Here is our current configuration: * NT4 PDC and BDC * All user workstations are Win XP SP3 * All file servers except for the PDC and BDC are Server 2003 Std * There are about 10 process control workstations running Windows 2000. These can _NEVER_ change. * There are a hundred or so NT4 workstations. These can _NEVER_ change. * A few Linux systems that are running SAMBA and use the NT4 domain for authentication....

character limit in cell?
I merged several cells and entered text. I have it set to 'wrap text' so it will all fit in the merged cells. If the text is only 1/2 of the third row it is all displayed. However, if I enter any more text than that it displays as '#######'. Is there a limit on the number of characters I can enter? Can that be changed. There is still room in the merged cells to hold more text. Abby, You don't seem to be getting any takers on this one. ####, to my knowledge, shows up only when you have a number in a cell (not text), and it's too big to display in its entir...

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

setting left and top at runtime
hi there i have been working with VB for some time, and just started with VC++ i was looking for some way to set the Left and Top position of a Static Text control also some help on online VC++ and MFC resources regards >i have been working with VB for some time, and just started >with VC++ > >i was looking for some way to set the Left and Top position >of a Static Text control Use MoveWindow or SetWindowPos Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Look into SetWindowPos function in MSDN...You should be able to change position of any window at run-time. - Parhar ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

Exchange Server Stats
Hi, Is there any way to get stats on how many messages are being sent out and received into an Exchange 2003 server for a given period of time? i.e. How many e-mail did user A send and receive in a month? And then get more detail on who sent them most, the least, etc..? I know there are performance monitors, but they don't give me enough detail .... I think. Thanks, Bart You can parse the logs manually or go look at third party tool from Promodag, NetIQ or Quest. "Bart Verwilt" <bart@pro-2-call.com> wrote in message news:%23B3m$b3IFHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Changing default Page Size
I tried to print a report from CRM 3.0 but reliased that all reports are defaulted to 'Letter' page size. When I looked at the printer default size it is set at A4 but in the report the printing preference goes to 'Letter'. I also looked at the rdl file and it is in A4. Does anyone know how to change the page size to A4? Thanks -- dwoo ...

Is Exchange ADC needed
Hello, I'm new to this Ex admin stuff so I hope you don't mind a terrible dumb question. I am running Ex2K on a Win2K server connecting to a 2K3 DC. Do I need to have the ADC installed? Just curious because I'm getting some errors in my event log pertaining to the ADC and if it's not needed then I'd just as soon uninstall it. I believe you only need this installed if you are running Exchange 5.5 to connect to the AD, right? Thanks! On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:21:02 -0700, "Dale" <Dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'm new to ...

How do I change the default paper size
How do you change the default paper size in publisher 2003 to A4 so it stays after the program is closed and then reopened again. In england, everyone uses A4 paper, so it is annoying to have to set the paper size to A4 every time I start publisher. Try this: Start Settings Printer Select your printer, Right click, Properties, Printer Preferences, select your paper size. This is using Windows XP. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Tommylommykins" <Tommylommykins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2501279A-4D4F-4AF5-96FF-F0E68DCC482C@microsoft.com... > How do yo...

Column Auto Sizing
How do I make a column automatically resize to grow as large as the data input in a cell automatically (not having to use the autofit column format option)? Since Excel 97 column widths expand automatically for numerical entries unless they have been manually set to some width. Format, Column, AutoFit Selection sets the autofit property back on for columns that have been manually adjusted. Column widths do not expand for text entries. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "oranskeer" <oranskeer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8DC51EB-AAEC-446C-BC02-6FECB79F0FCA@mic...

how do we achive the default view settings?
Hi, I know this is simple but... Somehow I managed to change the default view settings of my worksheets. Now when I right click on sheets tabs I see that View Code option is inactive. How can I make it active by default as before? Thanks J_J in the immediate window do commandbars("Cell").Reset or do it in a macro Sub SetBar() commandbars("Cell").Reset End Sub This assumes you haven't done something that causes excel to disable the choice because the code module is inaccessible in that context. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "J_J" <jj@msn.com> wrote...

Exchange 2003 promblem with two domains
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For some reason its stopped workong on one of them. exchange is on domain 1, with all mail accounts and works perfectly still, for all users on domain 1 domain 2 used to work fine with it, but now it will only recive email from exchange via the outlook client. not send it, with the msg you do not have permission to send email on behalf of this sender. when you try and send anything. Trust is still in place and working fine.. tested from both domains Any ideas ? as currently domain 2 is having to use webmai...

Lists with Excel 2003
I like to organize my lists for dropdown data selection in a separate worksheet. I've been using an older version of Excel and could have lists in a different worksheet. It seems that Excel 2003 doesn't allow this. Or am I not doing something correctly? Thanks, Keith You can use a list on a different sheet, if the range is named. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Keith wrote: > I like to organize my lists for dropdown data selection in a separate > worksheet. I've been using an older version of Excel and could have lists in...

link Browser set up
Hi, When I tried to open a link (from one of the messages) for the first time in Outlook, I received the message asking me to locate the link browser. I set up Netscape as my link browser. But now I want to set up Opera as the link browser because Opera appears to be much faster. Is there a way I can do it? I have Opera in my computer. Thx. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.665 / Virus Database: 428 - Release Date: 4/21/2004 Set is as the default browser and Outlook should pick that up. -- Roady [MVP] www...

How do I set up a text insert?
Hi We are fairly new outlook users running acting agency. We want to know how you set something up so that when emailing appointments to people we can just insert the following text TIME: PLACE: DATE: Good luck! I was shown how to do this but have since forgotton. Can anyone help?? Thanks You can use templates for this such as Quick Parts or AutoText. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/messagetemplates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, A...

Changing the Exchange Alias
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to change a user's Exchange Alias. I've changed the username, exchange attributes, run the Recipient Update Service rebuild and update. When I address a message to the user, I right-click on the user's full name (in the To: field) and select properties. The Alias is still the old username. Any thoughts? Thanks! Jeff Did you change the alias name in ADUC? Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to figure out how to change a user's Exchange Alias. I've > changed the username, exchange attributes, run the...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

'have server reply using a specific message' rule
First let me apologize for just posting without reading the 3500 entries my reader found. If this has been discussed before I didn't find it using some simple search on the newsgroup. Anyway here is what I want to do: I'm trying to setup some rules that will take an incoming email with specific words in the subject, then with specific words in the body move it to subfolders and then reply back to the sender with a specific message. In this case we are having customers use a registration form. Once they register if they are not some spam locations we get filling out forms etc e...