global rule

I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails
that it thinks is spam.  Instead of delivering that
message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to
deliver it to one large spam mailbox.  Is there a way to
do this?  I am running exchange 2003.
0
anonymous (74717)

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

rule for "Your Message " messages.
Is it possible to make a rule to move the "Your Message " that is generated when your message is read to another folder. Outlook 2003 XPSp2. John G . > Is it possible to make a rule to move the "Your Message " that is > generated when your message is read to another folder. > > Outlook 2003 XPSp2. Are you talking about read receipts? -- -f.h. you could but tracking on the sent item may not be updated. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginne...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

Inserting ruling lines into a document, like a newsletter
I am in a computer class @ ITT-Tech, and I am learning how to write a Newsletter from scratch. The problem I am having is, that one of the instructions is to insert ruling lines into the document. I can not find out where to find them on the tool bar, so if any one out there may be able to help me. I would really appreciate it. Sincerely, Liz Liz wrote: > I am in a computer class @ ITT-Tech, and I am learning how to write a > Newsletter from scratch. > The problem I am having is, that one of the instructions is to insert > ruling lines into the document. > ...

'have server reply using a specific message' rule
First let me apologize for just posting without reading the 3500 entries my reader found. If this has been discussed before I didn't find it using some simple search on the newsgroup. Anyway here is what I want to do: I'm trying to setup some rules that will take an incoming email with specific words in the subject, then with specific words in the body move it to subfolders and then reply back to the sender with a specific message. In this case we are having customers use a registration form. Once they register if they are not some spam locations we get filling out forms etc e...

Global Function
I'm using the following code to set the Datasheet Font on a Split Form using AC 2007. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Sub I would like to use a global function so I might call the same function from all my forms, but I haven't had much luck. I tried the following: Public Function SetDataSheetFont() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm frm.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Function I get no errors but nothing happens when calling this in the OnOpen of a form. Any help will be appreciated, Ja...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

import message rules from Outlook express to Outlook 200
Where do I find the Message Rules folder for Outlook Express? I guess you'd ask in an Outlook Express group. This is not one. -- Russ Valentine "Mike the Hammer" <Mike the Hammer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7939EF29-A17E-4946-BCFC-D6CFC2146E31@microsoft.com... > Where do I find the Message Rules folder for Outlook Express? "Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message news:etFL1OumKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I guess you'd ask in an Outlook Express group. This is not one. And while you're a...

global object dependent on CWinApp global object
hi I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global object i.e. it assumes that the CWinApp global object is created. After migrating to VS 2005, my global object is getting created before the CWinApp global object. Is there any way I can force the CWinApp object to be created first? I know one of the solution is to avoid a global object and wrap it in a fuction, however a lot of files use this object directly, so I am trying to figure out if there is another way. Regards Chimanrao Chimanrao wrote: > hi > > I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global...

How do I undo a Rule in Outlook
I've run a rule in Outlook 2003 which has had such a big effect I want to undo it. Anyone know how to do this? There's no UnDo for rules. You'd have to reverse it manually or create another rule that reverses things then run it manually on the folder(s) where messages were sent "NowUCMeOK" <NowUCMeOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01B1A46E-3DF7-45CC-A258-78C87BEE69FA@microsoft.com... > I've run a rule in Outlook 2003 which has had such a big effect I want to > undo it. Anyone know how to do this? This is not true, you only usi...

Rules not running
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4608.4219)SP-2. I have several rules for when I send emails to certain people, copies are to be left in a specific folder. The problem is that the rules don't run unless I manually go to the rules wizard and click on run now. Any suggestions on how I can make these rules run automatically when I send emails to certain people? Thanks, Cyn >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4608.4219)SP-2. I have several rules for when I >send emails to certain people, copies are to be left in a specific folder. >The problem is that the r...

Date formats, culture and globalization
Hi, ASP.NET 3.5 We are creating a 3-tier ASP.NET Web Application that needs just to understand dates as UK shortdate format (dd/MM/yyyy). It will only be used in the UK on intranet. I often come across web server and client machine that are incorrectly set up so I want to protect the app from these incorrectly set up hosts. I understand the safe date formats for passing through to the database. SQLParameters pass through a non-ambiguous format and also that 'yyyyMMdd' is also a safe format. So ignore the database side of things - I get that. At the moment all the bou...

Rules and Reply-to E-Mail addresses
I have tried searching through the solved questions listed here and did not find anything that solved my problem, but please let me know if there's something I've missed! I receive many e-mails from example@theirdomain.com. The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above. Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste in the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming. I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process. My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it replies to the ...

prf question and global address list....
When i fire off my Oulook 2003 and manually create my profile to connect to our exchange server i get to see my GAL and my outlook address book with my contacts folder when i go to create a new message and click TO: to look at my contacts. When i start outlook 2003 using my PRF file it auto creates the profile and connects me to the server but for some reason i can only see my GAL and not my outlook address book or contacts when creating a new message. I have found this line in my PRF file under MSMail DisplayGalOnly=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6625 Im not sure if this is related but the docs say ...

Rule based on Global Address list?
Is there a way to create a rule in Outlook 2000 that says: route all mail from anyone not in my Global Address List to my Junk E-mail folder? ...

Simple Outlook Rule
Hi, How do I create a rule in Outlook 2003 that simply allows me to move messages from one folder to another folder ? I haven't been able to find an option in the "Rules and Alerts" dialog to do this. Thanks, Mario "Mario Alvares" <mario@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:42deabee$0$18642$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > Hi, > > How do I create a rule in Outlook 2003 that simply allows me to move > messages from one folder to another folder ? > > I haven't been able to find an option in the "Rules and Alerts" dialog to >...

OL2K3
Greetings, Are there any utilities around that will allow me to "save" or "export" all account settings (if passwords arent' saved, i can retype them) and rules from OL2k3? After they're exported I'd like to then import them on another PC. Thanks! jim There's the Office 2003 Save My Settings wizard (on the Tools submenu of Office's Start Menu group). You can export your rules from inside of Outlook. In the Rules Wizard dialog click the Options button, click the Export button and save your rules "j.m." <jim-AT-stupiddog-DOT-net> w...

Global Listing
A usesr has been terminated. The account has been disabled. What do I do to keep them from coming up in the Global List? Remove them from the GAL "Larry Ehlinger" <lehlinger@liquor.state.nh.us> wrote in message news:00fd01c34711$f8f4ba30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > A usesr has been terminated. > The account has been disabled. > What do I do to keep them from coming up in the Global > List? ...

Global calendar entries
Is there any way of adding calendar entries (such as bank holiday information) globally into exchange so that all users see it in their Outlook calendars? I'd like to avoid users having to import it into their calendars manually if possible. Many thanks in advance (and apologies if this question has been asked before). ...

The order rules run in outlook
How do I change the order that rules run in outlook? They appear in the order they are created but this is not the order I wish to run them. The rules run from top to bottom. You can re-order them by selecting a rule and using the up and down arrow icons to move the rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCR...

Global
We are using Exchange 2003 Server, How to Access Exchange Global Address list for POP3 and SMTP Client waiting for your reply Regards Sathish kumar Sathish Kumar Nair <SathishKumarNair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 Server, > >How to Access Exchange Global Address list for POP3 and SMTP Client You don't. Use LDAP to query the Actve Directory. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

How to delete external email in Global address book.
Hello, I have a user who used to have two email addresses. One for the company and one for the outside vender. All of his company emails were being forwarded to his external email. I removed the forwarding option in Active Directory, since he no longer was using the external email address. But, he still has an entry in Global address list for his external email account and senders are getting confused to which entry to use. Is there a way to delete it from GAL? Please help!!! ITguy On 14 Dec 2005 12:07:30 -0800, "ITguy" <samirp@comcast.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I ...

Deleting rules in Outlook 2003 that don't work
I have some rules that aren't working in Outlook 2003 with SP 2. It won't allow me to delete them. Is there something else I can do to delete these rules? Thanks. safetymom123 <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote: > I have some rules that aren't working in Outlook 2003 with SP 2. It > won't allow me to delete them. Is there something else I can do to > delete these rules? Thanks. Export all of your rules using the Rules and Alerts Wizard. Start Outlook once with the /cleanrules command switch. Import your rules again. Chances are you'll then be ...