I have created a global list in AD in Server 2003 ( using Exchange 2003) and
assigned my users. For some reason the list is not showing in the Outlook
client global address list.  I have compared this list to others i have
created in the past and cannot spot any differences. What am I missing?

0
rmorton (7)

1. Have you got it hidden from the GAL?
2. Using cached Exchange mode? Therefore requiring a rebuild of the OAB to
see it?

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
2/16/2007 6:32:23 PM
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:24:05 -0500, "rlm" <rmorton@execpc.com> wrote:

>I have created a global list in AD in Server 2003 ( using Exchange 2003) and
>assigned my users. For some reason the list is not showing in the Outlook
>client global address list.  I have compared this list to others i have
>created in the past and cannot spot any differences. What am I missing?

1. Is it stamped with a SMTP address?
2. Is it visible in the GAL?
3. Can you see it using Outlook in online mode and not cache mode?
4. Has the OAB built rebuilt on the server to allow viewing in Outlook
cache mode?
0
adavid (8731)

outlook 2000 #7
can anyone tell me how I extend the range of spam filters to block unwanted emails. I understand that there is a file called filters.txt but that seems just to be a statement of fact rather than a method of editing email content. any help wouold be appreciated (remove myknickers for email reply) thanks John ...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Account List Displays Incorrect Balance
2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the Account List Page it does not. (It is not showing the current or ending balance, and its not even close). For a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000.... I thought it might have to do with future posted transacations so I waited until today as now all the transactions in one of the accounts are not current.....

outlook and word hang when creating a new message
Hello, The few tech notes I have found regarding this simply indicate that it is a known bug. I am wondering if anyone has come across a fix for this. Using Office XP Pro on a Windows 2000 Pro system, if Word and Outlook are open and new message is selected, both applications hang and have to be stopped through task manager. It occurs 3 to 4 times a day, not all the time. No resource messages appear and there is nothing in the event logs. Thanks for any help, Daniel When you say create a "New Message" how are you creating this? (In Outlook with the NEW MESSAGE or in Word ...

How can I print a list of birthdays from my Outlook Contacts?
I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my Contacts .... can this be done? Mail merge to a directory provides the most ways to customize printing of Outlook data. -- Russ Valentine "LXD" <LXD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C4C1-0DBA-4C09-9579-7DB6064DAE04@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my >Contacts > ... can this be done? ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

Lost Outlook 2003 when I un-installed office 2007, now I can't e-m
I downloaded a trial version of microsoft office 2007, when i decided to un-install it, it removed Microsoft outlook along with it. Now I can't check my e-mails in my computer, everything else works fine, & I can still get my messages in my Blackberry, but I need it in my computer, is there any way to restore it. the restore function those not work Help You can always reinstall Outlook 2003 from your original Office/Outlook 2003 installation media. (Assuming that when you bought your PC it included it from the manufacturer or you purchased it separately.) "Josep...

Outlook XP
One of our users has asked whether its possible to choose whether an email is saved to the 'Sent Items' folder or not by way of a dialogue box after they've sent the email. Outlook XP options only seem to give the option to either save all messages to 'Sent Items' or none. The feature is available in Pegasus mail. Is there any way in Outlook XP (perhaps using VBA?) Many thanks in advance Steve Rich It may not be as easy as the dialog box idea, but you can go into Options on a new mail message and clear the checkbox for "Save sent message to: <foldername>&quo...

Payroll Transaction Edit List
I would like to modify the Payroll Transaction Edit list to have a pay total per employee and an overall sum at the bottom of the report. I have tried to modify it by multiplying the pay rate by the amount which is in hours. This works for hourly employees, but does not for salary employees. The salary employees pay code is setup with their annual salary so it is multiplying their salary by the hours which is totally wrong. How can I get it to calculate correctly for both hourly and salary employees? Thanks, Jocelyn A calculated field based upon the pay code or pay type would prob...

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...

Want to Update the Outlook Calender on another machine. #2
Hi, Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook Calender without sharing the NetFolder.Here is the scenario.I have an issue where I have to update the Outlook Calender on another machine all are in LAN connections only.Each User has his own ID with respect to his ID I want to update the Outlook Calender.Can anyone help me please with regards to this.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sameer ...

Moving from Outlook (not Express) to WLM
Is there any way to move our old Outlook saved emails to WLM - other than individually selecting each email and hitting forward . . . (and turning off check for new messages) Moved from Win XP with Outlook 2003 to Win 7 with Windows Live Mail. The Windows Live Mail (WLM) program cannot import a PST file from the Office Outlook program. You have several choices. All of them require that you have a working version of Outlook and that the desired PST file is active in Outlook. 1) If you have Windows XP, you can import from Outlook into Outlook Express (OE) and then import...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

Outlook Express Printing Disaster
Help, I have someone in the office currently using outlook express and no matter what I try I annot seem to set the margins to print - it doesn't give me margin or page set-up no matter which printer I print to from a mita to new HP to new Lexmark...All the other people using outlook can print to the same computers just fine...Any sugestions???? Bobbi Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert a...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Logical naming policy for distribution lists in the GAL?
Hello, We're migrating about 50 public distribution-lists from another mail- system to Exchange and need to make them (1) easy to find and (2) obvious that they are lists. The number could increase to several hundred in future. We are considering prefixing the lists with "DL" to group them all together, or removing them from the GAL by and putting them in a new, dedicated custom section. Can anyone offer some practical advice or suggestions based on their experience? Thanks, - Alan. On 10 Apr 2007 02:54:15 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello,...

Two Outlooks, one mailbox
I have two computers, each with Outlook 2002 accessing the same pop mailbox. They both can access this pop mailbox seperately but when I have both open, the second to connect to the mailbox will pop up a password prompt despite the correct password being entered. Is this a limitation of Outlook or should I contact my ISP? Thanks. Rob Should work, unless you're trying to connect at the very same time or you have it set to conncet always.... Eric W MCP >-----Original Message----- >I have two computers, each with Outlook 2002 accessing the same pop mailbox. >They both can ...

Global Function
I'm using the following code to set the Datasheet Font on a Split Form using AC 2007. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Sub I would like to use a global function so I might call the same function from all my forms, but I haven't had much luck. I tried the following: Public Function SetDataSheetFont() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm frm.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Function I get no errors but nothing happens when calling this in the OnOpen of a form. Any help will be appreciated, Ja...

Mail merge to Outlook
I have an access database with info I want to email. I wrote a mail merge document in word and everything went fine the first time. The emails ended up in my outlook send folder. I was happy. Then I changed the query to email a different set of records. It did not work. Any suggestions. Nothing appears in my sent folder. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this? I would suggest stating the steps you used to select your recipient. Include your version and transport. Include everything else you did differently with the second merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "zombeese&...

Macro Help
I have a Master List of contacts in 1 workbook that needs to be updated on a weekday, daily basis from another workbook containing worksheets for each day of the month. The daily worksheet and the Master List are identical: A B C D E F G H I J K Status Co # Street City St Zip Source Product Result Next Contact Date I want to update A & K on the Master List automatically when data is changed in the daily worksheets. Is there a way to do this automatically using a macro? Using the W...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

Creating a bigger list in Data Validation
Hi all, Is Data Validation limited in terms of the items you can create for the drop down list. I am creating a shopping list and would like to enter in all my grocerie items, but there are too many. Any work around solutions? Hi Shezageek, By default the length is limited to 8 items. See Debra Dalgleish's workaround suggestion at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font --- Regards, Norman "shezageek" <notavailable@domain.com> wrote in message news:%23XtmRRS%23EHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Is Data Validation limited in terms...

import message rules from Outlook express to Outlook 200
Where do I find the Message Rules folder for Outlook Express? I guess you'd ask in an Outlook Express group. This is not one. -- Russ Valentine "Mike the Hammer" <Mike the Hammer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7939EF29-A17E-4946-BCFC-D6CFC2146E31@microsoft.com... > Where do I find the Message Rules folder for Outlook Express? "Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message news:etFL1OumKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I guess you'd ask in an Outlook Express group. This is not one. And while you're a...

Report
Does anyone know if a report exists that would list ILCs with their respective jpgs? Any help would be greatly apprecisted Dave Hi Dave - What is your Email? Is this for HQ or SO? I just wrote one for HQ, but did not test in SO yet. -- Jocelyn "DAS" wrote: > Does anyone know if a report exists that would list ILCs with their > respective jpgs? > > Any help would be greatly apprecisted > > Dave Just tested and it is valid in both SO and HQ. -- Jocelyn "DAS" wrote: > Does anyone know if a report exists that would list ILCs with their &g...