Global Address list #2

My company has recently been split into two comapanies, as a result I have
setup a new Excahnge org, however I need to populate my new exchange server
with the global adress list for the old exchange org . Is there a way to
export the global address list and import into the new org..

Thanks
-Darren

0
Darren1537 (22)

This article should help.

"Darren" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> My company has recently been split into two comapanies, as a result I have
> setup a new Excahnge org, however I need to populate my new exchange
server
> with the global adress list for the old exchange org . Is there a way to
> export the global address list and import into the new org..
>
> Thanks
> -Darren

0
exchange.mvp (559)

licensing question #2
in crm 4.0 enterprise edition, we can install other services/roles in separate servers for scalability. how does licensing works on this scenario? another question, if i have multiple web server that hosts CRM, does it requires separate license? ...

Displaying data based on Drop Down List Selection
Hello, hope someone can help. I have a list of records in Excel which are attributed to teams in my organisation. Say its a list of staff. What I need is to be able to send the file out so that a user can select from a drop down menu the team name and the list displays all the staff in that team. I know that they could just use a filter for this themselves but these these users are not even comfortable doing that!! I need to make is simple so wanted a big obvious drop down list with the teams in, they select it and see all the relevant records. Has anybody got any ideas? Would be ver...

Still can't find this damn email address...
Still cannot find this elusive email address. I've tried all 3 methods at http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html but it just returns 0 matches. The email address is stillbouncing though as well. Jamie "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Hi, > > When I try to add abc@mydomain.com as an email address for an AD User > Account I get the error 'This e-mail address already exists in this > organization' so I then try to send an email to abc@mydomain.com and it > bounces with the following message: >...

Sum Product Question #2
Can you use sumproduct when the numbers in a column are derived from a formula? In my formula all of the numbers in the M column are the results of formulas. My formula returns a value error. If instead of using the "M" column I used another column with just numbers (no formulas) it works. =SUMPRODUCT(--(C22:C5000=C11),--(I22:I5000=B12),--(M22:M5000)) Is there a way round this? Thanks The formula will work if the formulas really return numbers. But I bet (and it's a guess) that your formula returns text under some condition: =if(x99=0,"",A99/x99) (or something...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

synchronizing #2
I was wondering if anyone knew how to sychronize office XP with two different computers. If you know please let me knows. Thanks ...

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

Account List Displays Incorrect Balance
2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the Account List Page it does not. (It is not showing the current or ending balance, and its not even close). For a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000.... I thought it might have to do with future posted transacations so I waited until today as now all the transactions in one of the accounts are not current.....

How can I print a list of birthdays from my Outlook Contacts?
I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my Contacts .... can this be done? Mail merge to a directory provides the most ways to customize printing of Outlook data. -- Russ Valentine "LXD" <LXD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C4C1-0DBA-4C09-9579-7DB6064DAE04@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my >Contacts > ... can this be done? ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

e-mail backspace deleting in body instead of in address field
Hi! A quick search for this subject showed me some questions on a similar problem, but no answers... Outlook 2003: When I compose an e-mail and type the address and want to delete it by using backspace or delete, only the text in the body is deleted. The cursor is in the address field, blinking, but when I hit backspace, a cursor appears in the body which is not blinking. This problem came when installing "SDK International, Trados 2006" translating software. This software adds a toolbar in Word and uses s.th. called "TW4Win". It is possible, though, to delete the field...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Macro Help
I have a Master List of contacts in 1 workbook that needs to be updated on a weekday, daily basis from another workbook containing worksheets for each day of the month. The daily worksheet and the Master List are identical: A B C D E F G H I J K Status Co # Street City St Zip Source Product Result Next Contact Date I want to update A & K on the Master List automatically when data is changed in the daily worksheets. Is there a way to do this automatically using a macro? Using the W...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

MSPub breaks up a print to pdf into 2-page segments.
I have a print-merge with sheets 4-up to a page (a set of name badges with source data from an Excel spreadsheet). When I print to a pdf (using Adobe Acrobat/Distiller 6.0) it creates the first one with the first 8 entries on 2 pages, then proceeds to ask for a new pdf name for the next 2 pages of 8 entries, etc. If there were only 8 or 10 badges involved, we could live with it :) But the number is MUCH greater. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening, and if so, how to change its behaviour? My instinct tells me that this its publisher that's causing it and not Acrobat, ...

error #2
i have a inhandled script exception with exception_class_script_out_of_range This would probably be better handled by logging a support case via eSupport. However, to assist you they would need to know the exact message that you were receiving and any details or more info the dialog might provide. They would also need to know what products you have installed (by providing a copy of the DYNAMICS.SET file) and exactly what are the steps to reproduce the error. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions h...

Creating a bigger list in Data Validation
Hi all, Is Data Validation limited in terms of the items you can create for the drop down list. I am creating a shopping list and would like to enter in all my grocerie items, but there are too many. Any work around solutions? Hi Shezageek, By default the length is limited to 8 items. See Debra Dalgleish's workaround suggestion at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font --- Regards, Norman "shezageek" <notavailable@domain.com> wrote in message news:%23XtmRRS%23EHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Is Data Validation limited in terms...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

CRM v4
I have a marketing list that contains more than one person from a company (for some companies). I want to be able to remove the duplicates based on title. Example: I want to be able to filter the list so if there is a CIO, CFO and CEO I want the CIO and remove the CFO and CEO. If no CIO then keep the CFO and remove the CEO. If no CIO or CFO then keep the CEO. The key is I want the list to have one person per company but not exclude any companies. I am pulling the list from Leads. Does anyone know if this is possible in CRM? Thanks, ~Doug ...

How to leak our internal address
Is there any good way to leak the email address so that it can be used as a tr@p address. Thanks and regards, SL email: samuel@sted.minidns.net Not sure, but out of curiosity, why would you want to do that? Michael Fung wrote: > Is there any good way to leak the email address so that it can be used > as a tr@p address. > > Thanks and regards, > SL > > email: samuel@sted.minidns.net In news:%236wf4I67DHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> typed: > Not sure, but out of curiosity, wh...

New Address
Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net .... and you post it to a newsgroup!!! Just how much spam do you want??? "Melanie" <mwhart@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:ORBxe1T9HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net "Melanie" <mwhart@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:ORBxe1T9HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Finally, my new E-mail address is mwhart@vermontel.net It's not a good idea for anyone (but especially females) to post an email address in a public newsgroup. Also,...