ghost address or alias

Using Exchange 2003
about a month ago, i deleted a user (lets call him michael) from AD using
ADUC, and confirmed the deletion of the mailbox.
Ever since doing this, when ever a mail is sent to another user (lets call
him mark), the sender receives an NDR for the user that was deleted(michael).
Mark still received the mail. I have checked mark,s aliases and any mailbox
rules he may have, but can't seem to find anything related to the "michael"
address.
Any ideas???

Tx
Sean
0
SeanL (16)

One more thing i just realised: This only occurs with calendar items (i.e
appointments/invites)

"SeanL" wrote:

> Using Exchange 2003
> about a month ago, i deleted a user (lets call him michael) from AD using
> ADUC, and confirmed the deletion of the mailbox.
> Ever since doing this, when ever a mail is sent to another user (lets call
> him mark), the sender receives an NDR for the user that was deleted(michael).
> Mark still received the mail. I have checked mark,s aliases and any mailbox
> rules he may have, but can't seem to find anything related to the "michael"
> address.
> Any ideas???
>
> Tx
> Sean
0
SeanL (16)
11/27/2006 12:39:02 PM
Check Delegates for all original recipients.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"SeanL" <SeanL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Exchange 2003
> about a month ago, i deleted a user (lets call him michael) from AD using
> ADUC, and confirmed the deletion of the mailbox.
> Ever since doing this, when ever a mail is sent to another user (lets call
> him mark), the sender receives an NDR for the user that was
> deleted(michael).
> Mark still received the mail. I have checked mark,s aliases and any
> mailbox
> rules he may have, but can't seem to find anything related to the
> "michael"
> address.
> Any ideas???
>
> Tx
> Sean

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
11/27/2006 9:18:14 PM
Already checked, they have no delegates setup at all.

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> Check Delegates for all original recipients.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "SeanL" <SeanL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Exchange 2003
> > about a month ago, i deleted a user (lets call him michael) from AD using
> > ADUC, and confirmed the deletion of the mailbox.
> > Ever since doing this, when ever a mail is sent to another user (lets call
> > him mark), the sender receives an NDR for the user that was
> > deleted(michael).
> > Mark still received the mail. I have checked mark,s aliases and any
> > mailbox
> > rules he may have, but can't seem to find anything related to the
> > "michael"
> > address.
> > Any ideas???
> >
> > Tx
> > Sean

0
SeanL (16)

Re:Delete names in address book
How do you delete an email address and contact you longer want in the address book? To which address book are you referring? Outlook does not use address books. You would delete said Contact from the Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005401c3fa5f$dc96bfd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do you delete an email address and contact you longer > want in the address book? ...

print more than one company name and address
I have a company that is already setup in GP 9. There is actually only one company (legal entity), but there is a division within this company. When I print sales invoices sometimes I need to print the name of the company and at other times I need to print the name of the division. What would be the best way to achieve this? Here are two options to consider: There are four built-in invoice forms - short form, long form, etc; Use one for each purpose Alternatively, use the same form for all invoices. Then, depanding on say the DocID, use a conditional formula in ReportWriter to determine...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Global Address List #9
Is there a way to replicate Global Address Lists between two Exchange servers (5.5 & 2K3) of different Exchange organizations and domains? Or, is the only approach to export/import those lists? There are a number of ways that you can do this, take a look at this link for details: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/exchange/2000/all/reskit/en-us/part5/c20inter.mspx -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "NIC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27f201c4280a$60815850$a501280a@phx.gbl....

How Can I Post Addresses?
Sometimes, I'm out of town but can use a different computer to login to my shell account and I'd like to be able to access my address book from there (my outlook address book). Does anyone know of a easy way or program that will allow me to post my addresses from my address book to shell account? Thanks. Shannon Does no one have an answer to this? Shannon "Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:1SjVa.803$1t2.594@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com... > Sometimes, I'm out of town but can use a different computer to login to my > shell ac...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

outlook 2002 remembering addresses...
OK I'm having nightmare problems trying to administer Outlook 2002. I'm thinking of swapping us back to outlook 98. When people type in addresses to the "To:" box when creating new messages it suggests e-mail addresses of people it might match. Now this is fine for internal recipients behind our exchange server - I'm happy for it to complete the names of internal recipients, but why does it do it for external ones as well??? I really don't want this feature. Where does outlook 2002 store these external e-mail addresses. I hope it's not on the exchange server s...

Outlook Default Setting to Add United States of America at end of address
How can I turn off or omit the words "United States of America" which is added as the last line by the Contacts app when I use an address from Outlook Contacts to address an envelope in Word? This is a waste of ink. Outlook 2002 SP2 A typical address would look like this when clicked from the Outlook Contacts book to the envelope app in Word. Want to know how to turn off the last line (don't want it included in the address) which is added by Outlook as a default line. AMCE P.O. BOX 12345 EASY MONEY BLVD BROKENBANK, XX 12345 United States of America ...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

How do I convert email addresses to clickable links? #2
I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable links to email. -- Rick Wetzel Rick, Highlight the range you wish to add email addresses to, then, switch to your VBE environment by pressing Alt-F11 and go to Immediate Pane by pressing Control-G and enter the following command for each rng in selection:rng.hyperlinks.add rng,"mailto:" & rng:next http://HelpExcel "Rick Wetzel" wrote: > I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable > links to email. > -- > Rick Wetzel ...

Where R1C1 addresses was used?
V2FzIHRoZXJlIHNvbWUgb3RoZXIgc3ByZWFkc2hlZXQgd2hpY2ggdXNlZCBzdWNoIGFkZHJlc3Np bmc/IFdoeSBzdWNoIGJpemFycmUgY29udmVudGlvbiB3YXMgZGVmaW5lZD8= "st" <st@sandy.localdomain> wrote in message news:ujjWAvBLJHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Was there some other spreadsheet which used such addressing? Why such > bizarre convention was defined? AFAIK ALL spreadsheets use that convention. What else would they use? Multiplan (Excel's predecessor) used only R1C1 style references. It's not bizarre at all; it's just that you're probably used to A1 style. Refencing ...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

import email address from inbox messages?
Is there a script or function I can use to extract the email addresses from the messages in my in box and add them to my contacts folder? I'm using 2007. Jeremy A method is to drag each email you receive into the Contacts Folder. This works well when they have included a signature block (you can take the data out of it and drop it into relevant fields). If you receive emails with CC addresses, open the email and right click on each CC's address (and the sender's) and select Add to Outlook Contacts. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant There are vari...

Getting IP address
So far i have used wincap to get adapter and other similar information.But i am not able to strip the IP addr.Is it posssible to get the IP address of a packet.If not which other way should i proceed.Which classes should i try for.Is there any other way. love JEEVAN See if the following link helps you http://cui.unige.ch/OSG/people/Past/fuentes/Mfc/HowTo_48.html "jeevan" <fenn_j@eudoramail.com> wrote in message news:eTEoDa1vDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > So far i have used wincap to get adapter and other similar information.But i > am not able to strip th...

Ghost brackets
Suddenly, Word is putting brackets around any text that I select--and leaving them. These do not print, but it's confusing to have these nonprinting brackets thrown in--sometimes hard to tell them from real brackets I've inserted. In addition, I often send documents electronically, and then people are facing this doc with these ghost brackets (which look identical to real brackets on the screen). How can I stop Word from doing this? jpmcewan, Seems like you are seeing bookmarks, normally you do not see them unless you go to Tools - Options - View - under view section unc...

Removing support for OAB 2 and 3 Offline address list
If I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2 and no longer have any other older exchange servers in my domain why would I still need to support OAB 2 and 3 offline address list. What is the best practice for deleting the OAB 2 and 3 entries in my domain. The OAB's are specific to the client version as well. Why do you feel a need to remove them? It won't hurt anything to leave them there. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "RP in the Midwest" <RPintheMidwes...

Multiple e-mail addresses
Hi, I would like to be able to send e-mail from Outlook by using 2 different e-mail addresses. One e-mail is for use with my overseas customers, the other is for domestic. I have tried to use the FROM field, but I don't like the "on behalf of" that shows up when you e-mail. What is the best way to do this? I don't want to have two separate profiles.... Thanks. Ed Why not use OL for domestic customers and OE for overseas? I do something similar and they're always open at the same time all day long... ;-) "MIS Ed" <me@me.com> wrote in message ne...

Ghost Recipient
I have a user name Jonh Doe in my contact list, and when I type in John in the "To" box two options for John Doe come up, one with the correct address and one wiht the incorrect address. I have searched my contact list for this second conact, but can't find it. Where would Outlook be finding this contact? If you right click it, and select find contact, Outlook can't, but it does give you the option to add it. I thought Outlook only searched designated contact info for address, where is this Ghost coming from? Autoresolve doesn't do lookups to any contacts l...

ghost items
When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items. Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into some instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the system says it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in the Item list nothings there. However, if I create a PO and enter the ILC in quickscan, it will put in an item that has no info at all, no description, or...

CRM Address Book Now Showing up
All, I'm new to MS CRM. I got everything installed on the server without incident. I set everything up on the client. For some reason, on my laptop, the CRM Address books don't show up in Outlook when I click on Contacts. Only 'contacts' show up. Occasionally, I get the 6410 error in the event log that says: one or more of the Microsoft CRM Address book cache files is missing. And, I get sychronization errors every time it tries to synchronize (every 15 minutes). I've looked and looked, but I can't get this fixed. I've reinstalled it a million times...

Address Book View Rebuild on EX 5.5
Can anyone out there point me at notes on how to rebuild Address Book View on Exchange 5.5 ,been looking without success, thanks ...

how to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?
How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without block as spam. Thank you. ay <nospam-jgy2001-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? > > That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book > are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without > block as spam. Version of Outlook? For OL 2003...

Price List + Alias
Dear all, I have an upcoming catalogue/sale coming up and what would be incredible useful to have would be a report, such as the price list report, with the addtion of the barcodes. This would allow us to see what item lookup codes have a barcode (so would then need to be flagged to have them added as they come from the warehouse) and which stock could be put straight out. We did try the alias report but if there is no barcode for the product of course it will not appear on the report. We use sub description 1 as a filter to populate the report, example - LB208. Any help would be gr...

Ghost accounts won't stay deleted!!!
Hi, I have an MBNA CC, and I've been unsuccesful in connecting to their server. In the process, I have tried twice to delete the account and recreate it. Now each time I try to update my accounts, the deleted accounts come back as "MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2". Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can resolve it? Thanks, JD JD, I'm also having problems downloading data for my MBNA CC. I am receiving "your last call encountered an error" message. I'm also having problems with Tropical Finacial Credit Union. One night I could...

Outlook Address Book #2
If you a delagate to somebody how do you add that somebody's address book as an Outlook address book Thanks Josh ...