Getting "Enter network password" when trying to administrating PF

Hi

We are now, suddenly getting "enter network passord" on the whole Public
Folder tree. If we change folder or trying to access the properties on a
folder.

We didnt get this until recently (last days)

Anyone that knows why we migt recieve this? It is exchange 2003 Ent.
0
nkinell (1)

Enter Network Password
New computer running XP and using Outlook 2002. I keep getting a box appear that's title "Enter Network Password". "Please type in user name and password". I don't have a network. This thing appears every few minutes all day long. It will not remember the password and I don't know how to get rid of it. It is very annoying. Any hints will be appreciated. At first I was using Outlook Express and it appeared then also. thank you. This didn't work. Still getting that annoying pop up=20 window "Enter Network Password". Once again... I...

Receiving mail problem with" Enter Network Password" problem.
I got one lonely little reply to my earlier post on this topic, offering a link to a Microsoft reference that was "not available." I can't receive mail in Outlook 2003 on XP due to refusal of my (correct) Password by my mail server - and a dialog box headed "Enter Network Password" keeps on appearing over and over again, as long as Outlook (or Outlook Express) remains open. The Network Password box that appears already has a correct User Name and Password filled in! I have closed and reopened my Outlook 2003 mail account, run Detect and Repair, uninstalled and r...

Outlook 2003 "Enter Network Password" prompt
Hello. I using Outlook 2003 against our email server. Our email server is FirstClass 8. I am randomly receiving requests to enter my network password. I have entered my username and password and checked the save password checkbox but I just get prompted again. I do not know why I am being prompted for this information. It happens often enough to be disruptive at work. I have set Outlook to check for new mail every 3 minutes. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks in advance. Ryan Taylor For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684 ...

Outlook 2003
I have Outlook 2003 configured to check my email accounts every 10 minutes. I am now continually getting pop-up messages asking me to enter my network password. I keep clicking the checkbox to 'Save password' but the message window still keeps popping up for each account. I have re-created the accounts but am still getting these annoying pop- ups. I have finally reverted back to manually checking for mail by turning of the auto check and hitting the send & receive. Anyone got any ideas as to why it is doing this and what can be done to fix it?? Frustrated!!! Go to too...

Test Account Settings asks to enter network password?????
Last week I tried setting up Outlook to get get my Yahoo Mail, when I hit Test Account Settings ... I had the problem I stated below. I was using a wireless NIC on my laptop to begin with then I tried a LAN line and I was able to set it up. Now today I tried sending an e-mail and it won't let me. I went back into E-mail Accounts to check my setting and when I clicked on Test Account Settings.... the same thing happened both with the wireless NIC and the LAN line My Problem: When I click on Test Account settings... a popup comes up asking me to enter network password. There ar...

enter network password pop-up repeatedly comes up?
I cannot send/receive mail and the pop-up "enter network password" keeps coming up every couple of minutes. busybee wrote: > I cannot send/receive mail and the pop-up "enter network password" keeps > coming up every couple of minutes. Uh huh. No Outlook version. No Windows version. No mention of the account type (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, or Exchange). No mention of the network access type (dial-up, DSL, cable). No details at all. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourself t...

Keeps asking: Enter Network Password
My Outlook keeps asking this for email. I've set the Tools > Options ... Logon Information to "Remember password" but it constantly pops up the prompt. How is this fixed ?? O.S.: Windows Server 2003 "_DouglasKBell" <douglaskbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%vTxk.24788$xZ.6185@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com... > My Outlook keeps asking this for email. > I've set the Tools > Options ... Logon Information to "Remember password" > but it constantly pops up the prompt. > > How is this fixed ?? > > O.S.: Windows Server 200...

Outlook 2003 "Enter Network Password" dialog box (tried everything)
I used to have multiple accounts on the same email server, and I thought that was the problem with the passwords not being saved due to Outlook not serializing the connections. But then I removed the other accounts from send/receive and it still happens!!! Is there any sure fire way to get Ooutlook 2003 to stop doing this and remember my f**king passwords??? This is so annoying...ughhhhh!!! I have deleted registry keys, hacked settings, yet nothing has worked. Let me know if any of you guys find out how to get this problem fixed with the "Enter Network Password" dialog box... N...

"Enter Network Password" Problem
I have posted before in this group and received the suggestion to check out: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684 and I did this and followed every step to try to resolve the problem of Outlook wanting me to enter my password every time I open the program and then every few minutes after that. I've even tried uninstalling the entire Outlook program and reinstalling, removing my email account and then adding it as a new one. The problem does not seem to be with Gmail, my email account. When I try to edit the registry to remove the information, there is nothing under the Protected Stor...

"Enter Network Password" on Send/Receive
Using Outlook '07, I have automatic send/recieve set for every five minutes so that I can automatically forward to a yahoo account in order to "push" to my Iphone. The problem is that sometimes I have a dialogue box pop up that says "enter network password". My username and password are already in the appropriate boxes and I click "ok" and then the mail will be downloaded from the server. Obviously when I am away and this happens, I don't get email to my Iphone. Why does this happen? I have the account set up to remember my password. Thanks! ...

Enter Network Password and Mailboxes Locked
I seem to be having never-ending problems with Outlook 2002 at the moment. I have just upgraded to it. I run FTGate on this machine as well which is working fine but Outlook is continually asking for Enter Network Password. I looked at the MS Support article and erased the Registry Entry as it suggested but it continues to ask for it. That is getting annoying. Secondly, it is not unlocking mailboxes after it talks to my mail server - therefore it creates more problems in Outlook. How can I resolve this? Any help appreciated. -- Kind Regards Ben Lord The New Inkjet Company ...

How do I get rid of the box called "enter Network Password'?
each time I open Outlook, the Enter Network Passwork box pops up and will not go away. I do not know my password to get rid of the box. I have typed all of the passwords I can think of but no success. What do I need to Do? I can not use outlook with the box popping up every 1/2 second. Make sure you have the right passsword? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Beckiboo" <Beckiboo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:770EB7F5-697F-45E3-BB7F-B74F3E5ACD20@microsoft.com... > each time I open Outlook, the Enter Network Passwork box pops up and will > not > go away. I...

Outlook 2007 & "Enter Network Password" Popup?
Has anyone that has been using OL 2007 experienced the "Enter Network Password" popup windows? I was told by my ISP that it is an Outlook 2002 issue only. Can anyone dispute that? Thanks Oops "<--Mardman-->" <zeus661@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:89adnXUtn8zh0xnYnZ2dnUVZ_sKunZ2d@buckeye-express.com... > Has anyone that has been using OL 2007 experienced the "Enter Network > Password" popup windows? I was told by my ISP that it is an Outlook 2002 > issue only. Can anyone dispute that? Thanks > I'm also seeing th...

Why do I get 'Enter Network Password' after every email?
As far as I am aware there has been no upgrade dowloaded on my computer but it has started a pop up message EVERY time there is any activity in my mailbox. 'Please Type User Name & Password' It doesn't matter whether you cancel, ok or X out of it the next time something happens up it pops again. Can someone please tell me how I can stop this process from happening. Thank You "Password Issues" <Password Issues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98004153-B69A-4A09-BF8B-9DD1B26B447F@microsoft.com... > As far as I am aware there ha...

Enter Network Password....AGAIN
This box keeps popping up asking me to enter my password. I keep checking the box to remember my password yet this keeps popping up every 10 minutes or so. I'm running XP Home with Outlook 2002. Any ideas on how to get my passwords to "stick" so I don't get this annoying popup? For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express): http://support.microsoft.com/?id=264672 -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: ...

Intermittent "enter network password prompt" in OL 2003 SP1
On occasion (1 or 2 times a day) outlook stops with a "enter network password" dialog box. No further checking of my mail occurs until I acknowledge this box. A couple of items that may help are: 1. this does not occur everytime I open outlook 2. I have only one pop3 email account listed. Thanks. ...

Outlook XP message: enter network password
Somehow, no matter how many times I click "remember password" every time Outlook XP checks my mail it asks me again to enter the network password, even though it's already in the dialog box that pops up. I've looked on the internet and tried various fixes, incluidng deleting the data in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider rebooting my computer, and re-entering all the mailbox information in Outlook, but nothing's worked. Please help! ...

outlook message
I keep getting a message box that shows the username and password. It continually pops up and will not stop. Any ideas? "Trader" <Trader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60FCCFE-6B52-4C2F-8DAC-B2D490C50A42@microsoft.com... >I keep getting a message box that shows the username and password. It > continually pops up and will not stop. Any ideas? What versions of Outlook and Windows? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

"Enter Network Password"
Hi All Please help. I upgraded my OS to XP pro and outlook 2000. When ever log in to outlook it continually asks for a password. I enter it, clic "remember this password" and click ok. the box dissapears and come straight back asking for the password I just entered! I've tried everything to stop it including recommendations from th microsoft site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416 Nothing seems to work. I've gone back to oulook express, tried outloo xp and none of this works. Anyone got any ideas? Cheer ----------------------------------...

How to stop annoying Enter Network Password popup box?
Whenever I check my email using outlook (through comcast pop3 account), I get the Enter Network Password box over and over again. The box has my correct password entered by default into the password field. If I do nothing with the box and just wait, the emails all still download from the comcast pop3 server. But if I click Okay after selecting "save this password in your password list" to get the box to go away, it just disappears and immediately reappears until all my emails are downloaded. This is very annoying since the popup always becomes the topmost window. I can't fig...

why do I keep being asked to enter network password?
This is driving me insane! Every time I open Outlook it asks me to enter my network password for one of my e mail accounts. It doen't do it on my Netbook which uses Outlook Express. It won't receive any e mails sent to this account and it won't remember the password even though I tick the box. Aaagghh! Help please! Mike What version of Outlook? What version is your O/S? "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:099817C5-9D57-42DC-A3B1-91B114184195@microsoft.com... : This is driving me insane! Every time I open Outlook it ...

Enter Network Password #5
All of a sudden, in outlook 2003, I have been getting the message "enter your password" for outlook to complete the send/receive of my email. My email account has my correct password, and I have saved it. It continues to ask me for the password. Any ideas. You can also email me directly at wayne.schwartz@bellsouth.net Thanks Hi Wayne , The problem you are experiencing is normally due to the Registry containing incorrect information for the Protected Storage System Provider registry subkey for your account. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article OL2...

Enter network password pop up
The popup for "Enter Network password" keeps coming up. i have XP and outlook 2002. How can I stop this it's very annoying, It pops up multiple times during the send/recieve process. Thanks for any help, Mike You may take a look at this Technet article: OL: You Continuously Receive Prompts for Your NT Domain Credentials http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b321652 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mike" <mikecurto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:769601c3e761$03a14350$a501280a@phx.gbl... The popup for "Enter Network pas...

I keep getting the enter network password window every 5 secs. Ho.
I am unable to receive emails in outlook. I have to go to MSN to view them. Any suggestions. Also, the window with enter network password pops up every 5 seconds. Even though I have checked the save password in the box provided "Dorothy D'souza" <Dorothy D'souza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD7D238E-1B20-4E5E-8C4B-F28675033743@microsoft.com... > I am unable to receive emails in outlook. I have to go to MSN to view them. > Any suggestions. > Also, the window with enter network password pops up every 5 seconds. Even > though I have che...

Enter Network Password
I am trying to open and populate an Excel template through ActiveX controls on our intranet site. Now although it works, I get this annoying prompt which asks for 'Enter Network Password'. If I select cancel, everything works as it should. I have not set up any special security on the hosted xlt files. All permissions seem to be good on the web server. I've seen many newsgroup items that say SR1-a will fix this for Office 2000. This doesn't seem to apply to my problem. I've applied the patch, used office 2002 and 2003 and all give the same prompt for a network passwor...