Get a popup: Store.exe - No Disk in Drive A:

The full message:

Event ID: 26
Application popup: store.exe - No Disk: There is no disk in the drive.
Please insert a disk into drive A:

What is that?

I keep on getting this pop-up on my Win2k SP4, Exchange 2k SP3 server.  It
seems that whenever I get this message, the Exchange side of the server slows
to a crawl within 1 - 2 hours, and no-one in my Network can use their
outlook.  I have to reboot the server to get Exchange usable again.  I have
tried stopping and starting the EXCH services, but one service - the IS
service - refuses to stop.  It is almost like the IS is in a stalled state.
So, I go back to rebooting the server.

I have looked and looked around the -net to see if anyone has a clue what
this is, or how to troubleshoot this, but no one has an answer.

One note:  I have noticed that the IS is starting maintenance tasks at the
exact time that the backup is executed.  The maintenance tasks on all three
stores take about 5-6 hours, and the backup of the exchange server takes
about that long also.  However, this error message usually doesn't show up
until 2 - 4 hours after all of this backup / maintenance starts, so this may
be insignificant information.

I have Computer Assoc. eTrust 7.1 installed on it with the Exchange agent
and I have Computer Assoc. Brightstore email agent on it for backups of the
exchange stores.  I have followed Microsoft's KB 823166  thourougly in
excluding file extentions and directories in file-level scanning, Realtime
scanning, and Email Option scanning.  NOTE:  It may be a coincedence, but I
installed the CA upgrade for 7.1 to go from 192 to version 501, which started
to make Exchange act funny.  So I did a complete uninstall of the anti-virus
software on Exchange, and then reinstalled it without the upgrade to 501.

Thanks for any help!

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:23:03 -0700, "KeithD."
<keith_duckworth@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote:

>The full message:
>
>Event ID: 26
>Application popup: store.exe - No Disk: There is no disk in the drive.
>Please insert a disk into drive A:
>
>What is that?
>
>I keep on getting this pop-up on my Win2k SP4, Exchange 2k SP3 server.  It
>seems that whenever I get this message, the Exchange side of the server slows
>to a crawl within 1 - 2 hours, and no-one in my Network can use their
>outlook.  I have to reboot the server to get Exchange usable again.  I have
>tried stopping and starting the EXCH services, but one service - the IS
>service - refuses to stop.  It is almost like the IS is in a stalled state.
>So, I go back to rebooting the server.
>
>I have looked and looked around the -net to see if anyone has a clue what
>this is, or how to troubleshoot this, but no one has an answer.
>
>One note:  I have noticed that the IS is starting maintenance tasks at the
>exact time that the backup is executed.  The maintenance tasks on all three
>stores take about 5-6 hours, and the backup of the exchange server takes
>about that long also.  However, this error message usually doesn't show up
>until 2 - 4 hours after all of this backup / maintenance starts, so this may
>be insignificant information.
>
>I have Computer Assoc. eTrust 7.1 installed on it with the Exchange agent
>and I have Computer Assoc. Brightstore email agent on it for backups of the
>exchange stores.  I have followed Microsoft's KB 823166  thourougly in
>excluding file extentions and directories in file-level scanning, Realtime
>scanning, and Email Option scanning.  NOTE:  It may be a coincedence, but I
>installed the CA upgrade for 7.1 to go from 192 to version 501, which started
>to make Exchange act funny.  So I did a complete uninstall of the anti-virus
>software on Exchange, and then reinstalled it without the upgrade to 501.
>
>Thanks for any help!

Remove all the CA stuff and test.
0
adavid (8731)
10/26/2005 1:14:53 PM
My biggest issue is the Exchange server on the Exchange side slows down, the
rest of the server doesn't.

When turning off the Anti-Virus (AV), and running the backup, the server
doesn't slow down.  Now, the general idea may be, "Ah-ha, it's the AV."  But
Exchange with AV turned on runs fine on the server during the regular
work-day, with the AV happily killing viruses.  It's just when the backup
starts to backup the Exchange document level and DB level stores is when
there is a conflict.  My next step is to troubleshoot this problem with the
backup turned off this coming weekend.

I was just putting out some inquiries if anyone ever heard of such a popup
message, and if it has anything to do with CA Backup / AV.  So - has anyone?

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> Remove all the CA stuff and test.

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:22:10 -0700, "KeithD."
<keith_duckworth@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote:

>My biggest issue is the Exchange server on the Exchange side slows down, the
>rest of the server doesn't.
>
>When turning off the Anti-Virus (AV), and running the backup, the server
>doesn't slow down.  Now, the general idea may be, "Ah-ha, it's the AV."  But
>Exchange with AV turned on runs fine on the server during the regular
>work-day, with the AV happily killing viruses.  It's just when the backup
>starts to backup the Exchange document level and DB level stores is when
>there is a conflict.  My next step is to troubleshoot this problem with the
>backup turned off this coming weekend.
>
>I was just putting out some inquiries if anyone ever heard of such a popup
>message, and if it has anything to do with CA Backup / AV.  So - has anyone?

I'll stand by original post :)
ALso make sure you dont have any client side firewall software
running,

>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>

>> Remove all the CA stuff and test.

0
adavid (8731)

SENDFILE.EXE
This sendfile.exe has been very helpful to our company. we use it for starting emails automatically from a dos application. however, we now have an application where we not only want the email started....but we want it to be sent automatically without us having to hit the send button. does anyone know of the parameter (if it exists) which will send the email automatically? Any and all feedback would be much appreciated. Derek ...

DPM 2010 standalone tape drives
I have a two drive seagate dat72 device that I am trying to configure to span both drives for a protection group. I think that the problem is that they are seen as two seperate libraries (standalone drives) Is there any way to span these two devices with a single protection group? Thanks, DPM 2010 Ken On May 5, 11:43=A0am, Ken <kgare...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a two drive seagate dat72 device that I am trying to configure > to span both drives for a protection group. > I think that the problem is that they are seen as two seperate > libraries (standal...

how can I download 2003 on new computer with no CD drive?
I have Office 2003 PE disc, but bought new laptop without CD Drive. Tried to transfer from one laptop CD Drive to new one with USB cable, but wouldn't connect. How can I download from internet and then add my activation code - product key? Or connect one computer to the other? You need either an external CD, a local network connection to a PC with a CD drive or copy the CD to a thumbdrive and install from that. You can't download from the internet. childcare trainer wrote: > I have Office 2003 PE disc, but bought new laptop without CD Drive. Tried to > transfe...

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

How do I create custom report from stored procedure
Hi, I need to create a report form stored procedure. My stored procedure selects the data and inserts in temp table.I am executing stored procedure from pre query and selecting coloumns from temp table . But I am getting error Invalid object name temp. Is it possible to execute the report from stored procedure. mohan ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 40088 ...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Excel Data List Gets "Stuck" -- Help
This has now happened for the second time. I have a "data list" that is around 1800 rows in size. Somcetimes, after I've filtered the data to show just a small number of rows, it gets "stuck." I I am no longer able to expand the list to show all the rows. I've gone in to all the columns and chosen "All" for all the columns and it still does not work. I know I can highight the entire list and tell it to remove the list and recreate the list, but that's a pain, and I lose some formatting. Can anyone help me? -- slobizman -----------------------...