GAL view from Outlook

Hi

Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if
it's an Outlook or Exchange question.

When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the
Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to change
this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400
address - why not the smtp address?

I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users - is
this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Brian Nicolaisen
IT-service, System & Campus-IT
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN DENMARK

There is no known way to change the tabluar address book display.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Brian Nicolaisen" <BrianNicolaisen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4E9E6F22-337B-4A8D-8E42-B8B679EEA381@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if
> it's an Outlook or Exchange question.
>
> When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the
> Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to
> change
> this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400
> address - why not the smtp address?
>
> I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users -
> is
> this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Brian Nicolaisen
> IT-service, System & Campus-IT
> UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN DENMARK

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Re: outlook and express get jammed by spam
First, as the makers of ChoiceMail One, thanks for your recommendation. As far as blocking the pipe is concerned, we have also seen this happen a couple of times, mostly with mail that is not RFC-compliant. We have just modified ChoiceMail One to handle this and the next update (2.54) due in a few days will handle it. I'm just mentioning this now because I don't want you to run into this problem with an older verison of ChoiceMail and assume that we are just ignoring this issue :-) Cheers, David Jameson -- ______________________ Dr. David H. Jameson DigiPortal Software Inc Th...

Exchange 2K7 and ACL on GALs
Hi, I'm looking for a convenient way t set ACL on address list and GAL, seems that we can't do it via the GUI and didn't found the parameters to do it via PS. So I'm left with ADSIEDIT but wonder if there isn't a better way. Thanks for your help -- Daniel Falconetti ...

Outlook 2002 #132
Is there anyway to alter the level 1 attachments in Outlook. I want to be able to send .exe files and open them. I can't believe that Microsoft made a decision of what end users can/can not open and can/can not send. "Pam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a20a01c3eb37$797ed630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to alter the level 1 attachments in > Outlook. I want to be able to send .exe files and open > them. I can't believe that Microsoft made a decision of > what end users can/can not open and can/can not send. http:...

Outlook over HTTP
Hi, I have an SBS2k3 setup without ISA, I've recently inherted two mobile sales guys, who work remotely. They both get their mail by using outlook over http, this works perfectly when they are out and about. However once a week they come into the office with their laptops and they want to use the wifi in the office. When they connect to the router they are assigned an IP address ikn from the 192.168.1.xx range from the router, and outlook can't connect to the server which is on 192.18.16.2. I don't want them to be part of the SBS domain as they don't need to be, ...

Outlooks crashes, not much info
Hi, Got one user here who's Outlook keep crashing, even if he starts it and leaves it. I get the error that Outlook.exe has caused an error and is creating an error log. Also, when sending messages it pauses longer than it should. Win2k SP4, Office 2k SP3. The DrWatson log doesn't give me much, the event viewer log this at the exact time. NOT an error or warning, just as info. HELP!!!!!!!!! Event Type: Information Event Source: DrWatson Event Category: None Event ID: 4097 Date: 29/01/2004 Time: 12:33:13 User: N/A Computer: PEG-08 Description: The application, , generated...

Imap work on Outlook Express but NOT on Outlook 2003
Hi, I originally configure the IMap on outlook 2003 sp2. However, I would only get the inbox. Tried IMap folder and Update folder list, None additiional folder showed and I also have this message 'The connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this aciton". Then I tried on 1 other machine and came up with the same error. Tried to look for solution on the net but no joy. I finally tried to configure on Outlook Express which work fine, I have all the required folders. I still need to get it work on Outlook 2003 as this is the requirement. ...

Outlook calendar views
I have a weird problem with outlook 2003. I want to view three or more months on the right of the calendar view. All but one of my Pcs lets me do this. On that one PC I resize the pane and I get the three calendars but they vanish the next time I am in the folder. This is a public folder. I am the owner of the folder. I dont know why this is happening. Can you help. ...

Automatically Scroll View when Edge Reached
Hi, I'm writing a simple SDI which allows me to draw rectangles within the view. To do this, onmousedown sets the topleft coordinate of my box, on onmousemove updates it as it is drawn, and onmouseup records the finished rect. I'm using CScrollView, but at the moment my box is cant grow outside the visable portion of the view. How should I automatically scroll my view when I reach the edges? Thanks for your help, Barry. bg_ie@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm writing a simple SDI which allows me to draw rectangles within the > view. To do this, onmousedown sets the t...

Outlook 2003 and Hotmail #8
I have been using Outlook 2002 to manage my Exchange Server email account and two hotmail accounts. Many times I am traveling and am not connected to my Exchange Server so I work offline and sync as needed. With Outlook 2002 I could start Outlook in Offline mode, then under the File menu I could manually connect my hotmail accounts. Under Outlook 2003 there is no Connect to Hotmail selection so when I startup Outlook 2003 in Offline mode, I can't properly use my Hotmail accounts. I want to be able to delete email messages on my Hotmail accounts when I'm Offline just as I d...

Updates for Outlook
Can anyone recommend good updates for Outlook. I want to protect my pc against all of the virus's out there. Many thanks What do you mean by "updates for Outlook"? It sounds like what you're really looking for is a good antivirus program... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a9101c39d46$20c419e0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Mr Webb wrote: > Can anyone recommend good updates for Outlook. I want to > protect my pc against all...

GAL not updating
LogHi Everyone, I am running Exchange 2003 (small business server) with Exchange SP1. I deleted some accounts from Active Directory and created some new ones with Exchange mailboxes. None of the changes that I made show up in the GAL. The new boxes seem to work fine but I can not open them through my Outlook (I am Admin), it tells me that a mailbox of that name cannot be found. I tried manually adding them to the Offline Address List (since I am using Outlook 2003 in cache mode) but it does not find them there either. There are no errors in the Event Log to give me a clue. I have trie...

Transfer messages from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a new Dell with Windows XP and Outlook. All my messages and addresses are on a Sony Vaio running Windows 98SE and Outlook Express (my preference of the two email programs). I've copied the folders and messages to a zip drive from C://Windows/Applications/Identities... According to Microsoft Online, I'm supposed to be able to stick this information in the Data Folder within the Maintenance Tab under Options in Tools. There is no Maintenance tab that I can find anywhere. Help! And once I find the correct location, what's next? Thanks, Diane For info on OExpress http://in...

Outlook 2002 #190
My Outlook stopped sending out my emails. I can receive, but I cannot send. I have updated and reloaded. Nothing works. Any help? ...

View
I have created a view to export customer email addresses but am not getting the results I want. I have selected 3 tables - RM00101, RM00103, SY01200 Criteria- ADDRESS CODE=BILLING, LAST TRANS DATE GREATER THAN 12/31/07 The same customer # and name is being repeated. I deleted the tables and added only the 2 RM tables and used the last transaction date criteria then received the correct customers. After I added the SY01200 table that when the results went downhill. Any suggestions or what I did wrong? -- Jean Jean, It may help us to see the code for your view...otherwise, hard to...

How do I setup Outlook to show one mail, instead of 4 or 5 ?
When I click send/receive icon, it opens my received messages. But if there is 1 or 10 messages I get five copies of each message.Each one shows From, subject, received info, However each has a differant byte count. Such as 9kb, 10kb, 11kb, 12kb, and 13kb. I am new to "Outlook" and would appreceiate any help that can be provided. My version is 2002 Thank You. JOEK ...

Outlook Express to access newsgroup
Kinda new to this stuff, but where can I find server info about excel newsgroup to enter into my Outlook Express Newsgroup? Thanks -- tinkertron The server name is msnews.microsoft.com No log-in required. On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:22:08 +0100, tinkertron <tinkertron.1n6n7r@news.excelbanter.com> wrote: > >Kinda new to this stuff, but where can I find server info about excel >newsgroup to enter into my Outlook Express Newsgroup? > >Thanks Saved from a previous post: If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). ...

Outlook 2002 cannot open 2003 emails which is saved in a folder
Some people on our network have Outlook 2002 version and other have 2003 and higher. The 2002 users cannot open messages saved in client folders wich was send or received by 2003 and higher users. 2002 cannot open a data file created using 2003 or higher format "GVW" <GVW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C5DF895-2D7D-4329-9180-1BF6D6833267@microsoft.com... > Some people on our network have Outlook 2002 version and other have 2003 > and > higher. The 2002 users cannot open messages saved in client folders wich > was > send or rec...

Outlook messages forwarded to another email account
Is there a way to automatically send messages that I recieve in my Outlook to another email account such as a Yahoo or AOL account? I want to read my business messages from Outlook on my cell phone. Thanks! Yes, but use the "redirect" instead of "forward" in the Rules Wizard. The "Redirect" will not include all the header information that the "Forward" attaches to the message. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Vicki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B848509B-E563-4B07-9EBA-E91530B6A5C8@microsoft.com... Is...

Report view in Listview control not working?
Hi all, I have a listview control on one of my access (2003) forms. Currently I am populating the control with all the file and sub-folder names in my templates directory - using a recursive bit of code that utilises the fso. I am able to view the results fine if I set the listview's "view" property to 0, 1 or 2 (big icons, small icons or list). But if I set the darn thing to 3 (report) I don't see any results. Has anyone got any pointers on what might be going wrong? (In case it is relevant, I have not set any column names.) While I'm at it, has anyone got an...

view of Products Ordered
The client wants to view Products Ordered related to an Account. I created a relationship between Account and Order Products. Existing products show up, but Write In Products do not. How do I get to see the Write In Products? There must be a switch of some kind but I cannot find it. ...

Outlook 2007 Passwords
I have Outlook 2007 on a Windows XP SP3 machine with the latest updates. After uninstalling software (Echolink) and rebooting, Outlook now refuses to remember my passwords. The kicker is that if you go to account settings, the passwords are typed in as to save them, but when I hit send/receive, I still have to enter passwords manually. I tried KB290684 with no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! I realized too that it's not just Outlook, it's also my Live ID and Messenger passwords aren't remembered. Thank you. "K2NNJ" <ktwonnj@nospam.optonline.ne...

Calender month view crashing
Hi Guys, I have a problem with the calender for all users in the web browser. The calender shows fine however when I click to view the Month view i get a soap exception error. Any body Have any Ideas. Thanks ...

How do I import Office address book to Outlook Express address bo.
How do I import Office address book to Outlook Express address book? Did you happen to notice what the name of this group is ? Do you honestly believe this is an Excel related question ? Let's see if you get lucky, and do happen to get an answer! -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ------------------------------------------------------------------- "snnorp" <snnorp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7E47311-A37D-4D98-8B27-4E65780BE740@m...

GAL
hi, When entering a new entry in the "Journal" and selecting contacts, I am only able to see my personal contacts. Is there a way to make the Global Address List and option without having to copy it to my personal contacts? thanks, Jen ...

Cutomizing Marketing List Members View
Hi, Firstly, their should be feature from were we can customize the Marketing List Members View. Secondly, we we use combination of contacts from various marketing list for any campaign. But Marketing list keep track of overall usage and reflect the Last date used for all teh contacts, it should rather give use date for individual contact. Lastly, Microsof should provide the some editable field in the grid itself werein user can enter quick information. like if marketing memeber had used some leads then he need to open the lead to enter soem notes, but he can do so by entering quuick...