GAL and free/busy data sync

We have a AD2003 forest with exchange 2003 and want to connect to our
parent company which is in a separate AD2000 forest with exchange
2003. We just want to be able to syncronize the GAL and the free/busy
data. I think MIIS or the Identity Integration Feature pack for AD
will do the GAL but not the free/busy data. Any Ideas? I was hoping
for an all-in-one solution.

Thanks,

Joe,
We have several clients who use a combination of SimpleSync from CPS Systems
and the InterOrg Replication Utility (Q238573) from Microsoft.
For more information and to download an evaluation copy  of SimpleSync,
please visit www.cps-systems.com .
You can see a series of screen shots by visiting http://cps11.dnsalias.net/
If you would prefer to see SimpleSync 'live', please contact me at
sales@cps-systems.com for a web demo using GoToMyPC or VNC.  Thank you for
your time,
Jerry Welch
CPS Systems
US/Canada:    1 888 666 0277
International: +1 703 827 0919 (-5 GMT)
www.cps-systems.com

"Joe McCollum" <mckiller20@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We have a AD2003 forest with exchange 2003 and want to connect to our
> parent company which is in a separate AD2000 forest with exchange
> 2003. We just want to be able to syncronize the GAL and the free/busy
> data. I think MIIS or the Identity Integration Feature pack for AD
> will do the GAL but not the free/busy data. Any Ideas? I was hoping
> for an all-in-one solution.
>
> Thanks,

0
jwelch1 (46)
7/27/2004 7:53:39 PM
The Inter-Organization Replication Tool will do the
Free/Busy sync.  Don't know of an all-in-one tool.

0
anonymous (74717)
7/27/2004 8:12:22 PM
mckiller20@hotmail.com (Joe McCollum) wrote in

> We have a AD2003 forest with exchange 2003 and want to connect to our
> parent company which is in a separate AD2000 forest with exchange
> 2003. We just want to be able to syncronize the GAL and the free/busy
> data. I think MIIS or the Identity Integration Feature pack for AD
> will do the GAL but not the free/busy data. Any Ideas? I was hoping
> for an all-in-one solution.
>
> Thanks,

Exchange provides a tool that replicates free/busy (as well as any other
public folder) between forests.

Check it out at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
FamilyId=E7A951D7-1559-4F8F-B400-488B0C52430E&displaylang=en

--
Thanks,
Chasy

OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of
included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
0
chasy (32)

Where to get Business Contact Mgr?
We are a MS Select customer and received the Office 2003 CDs. We read that Business Contact Mgr addin is not included in that suite for Select customers. I found on the MS site that Select customers could get a copy by paying the shipping....but to contact our Select reseller. I did that and they (Dell) have been trying to get the information from MS. This has been going on since the Select License release of Office 2003 - back in early Oct!! No one can seem to locate this add-in. Can someone PLEASE tell us how to obtain this add-in? We have a few employees that really need the product...

Where is the data menu for sorting lists?
Am trying to sort an address list into alphabetical order. Help says click on list and and select from data menu. When i click no data menu appears. can anyone help please? Thank you. Do you want to tell us what Office program you're referring to, and what version of that program? Daddy "Shakoh" <Shakoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E04A2BD-DA32-462B-A912-5469035351C9@microsoft.com... > Am trying to sort an address list into alphabetical order. Help says click > on > list and > and select from data menu. When i click no...

Exchange 2K7 and ACL on GALs
Hi, I'm looking for a convenient way t set ACL on address list and GAL, seems that we can't do it via the GUI and didn't found the parameters to do it via PS. So I'm left with ADSIEDIT but wonder if there isn't a better way. Thanks for your help -- Daniel Falconetti ...

GAL not updating
LogHi Everyone, I am running Exchange 2003 (small business server) with Exchange SP1. I deleted some accounts from Active Directory and created some new ones with Exchange mailboxes. None of the changes that I made show up in the GAL. The new boxes seem to work fine but I can not open them through my Outlook (I am Admin), it tells me that a mailbox of that name cannot be found. I tried manually adding them to the Offline Address List (since I am using Outlook 2003 in cache mode) but it does not find them there either. There are no errors in the Event Log to give me a clue. I have trie...

Antivirus Free Download 515
Many problems with performance and safety of your computer can be solved easily with an updated antivirus and recognized. Antivirus Free Download Microsoft best practices in: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ Content Site Links: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-is-antivirus.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/free-download-antivirus-recommended-by.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-objectives.htm...

extracting numerical data
I have cells in my worksheet containing results from using ="text"&COUNTIF... For example, one cell contains "exc 9", because there are nine times "exc" is seen in the column. I want to know if I can extract the numerical data from these cells to use in pie charts. Excel 2002 SP-2. If the number you want to extract always has a leading space before it, you can use =0+TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1),1024)) where A1 contains the string of interest. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom...

GAL
hi, When entering a new entry in the "Journal" and selecting contacts, I am only able to see my personal contacts. Is there a way to make the Global Address List and option without having to copy it to my personal contacts? thanks, Jen ...

Get A Free IPOD
I just got my IPOD in the mail..Its Fast Free and Easy. http://tinyurl.com/6c86j7 ...

2005 Small Business// Invoice rounding unwanted
I sell business forms, enveopes, and other items in quantity and the rounding of the price/rate field will not work. 10,000 Imprinted calendars selling at $0.918 cents each come out rounded to $9200.00 in error because of rounding. Is there a fix for this? Will Quicken Home & Business do it if this won't? In microsoft.public.money, RogerW wrote: >I sell business forms, enveopes, and other items in >quantity and the rounding of the price/rate field will >not work. 10,000 Imprinted calendars selling at $0.918 >cents each come out rounded to $9200.00 in error because...

Deed a small data base
Hi hope you can help. I need a small data base. (49 ford truck )will bring up the 6 pieces of glass pattern numbers I need to cut the glass from. -- Thanks Mike Send an example of your data to me and I will have a look at it johncalder54@hotmail.com "hotrodflatglass" wrote: > Hi hope you can help. I need a small data base. > (49 ford truck )will bring up the 6 pieces of glass pattern numbers I need > to cut the glass from. > -- > Thanks > Mike ...

Column charts with multiple data in each column
I have five months worth of data that contains a product and their quantity used. I need a column chart that has the months on the x axis and the proportion of the product in each column for each month. When I try to make the chart it throws all the data for all the months into one fat column. Can anyone help?!? How are your data laid out? A cross-table with products (or months) as column headings and months (or products) as row headings? If so, a 100% stacked column chart should do the job. If you have data in a single table form, i.e., column headings are month, product, and qu...

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Money 2005 Small Business
Can someone tell me if Money 2005 Small Buisness is a Cash Basis Accounting or an Accural Basis Accounting program? I assume it is CASH. Thanks, Tony Purcell I don't have Money 2005 Small Business but I do have Money 2004 small business. Here's how it works for 2004. By default, MS Money prepares profit and loss statements using the accural method. You can change this by customizing the report to use cash-basis. "Tony Purcell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:474e01c49fdb$656664c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me if M...

Data validation #50
Also is it possible to enter or have more than one data validation on a cell? No, only one but by using custom formula you can have multiple conditions -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Boenerge" <Boenerge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE19B4F5-B48A-4A54-A3DC-E0952230A1C2@microsoft.com... > Also is it possible to enter or have more than one data validation on a > cell? > Can you tell us what it is that you need validations for. Maybe there is an alternative "Boenerge" wrote: > Also is it possible to enter or have more than one dat...

GAL not showing up.
I have ONE machine on my network of 130 or so that won't pull down the GAL. It also won't show up anywhere like the Address Book properties etc... The following is the error that we get: \ 10:36:58 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8000 10:36:58 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Suzanne Beals' 10:36:58 Synchronizing Hierarchy 10:36:58 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Inbox' 10:36:58 Uploading to server 'hermes.Company.corp' 10:36:58 1 item(s) changed read-state in online folder 10:36:58 Downloading from server 'hermes.Company.corp' 10:36:...

GAL? What GAL?
In the beginning, there was an user who opened his Outlook, tried to log on to the new Exchange 2003 server, and was promptly rejected with a message saying that his name couldn't be found in the users list. The company called an external conslutant (me), and this is what, after lots of struggling, I was able to understand (if it makes any sense at all). The company was implementing a Windows 2003 domain, with its DCs/DNSs and the clients using them. The company's ISP sold them a firewall which, even if fully opened, interacted really badly with Microsoft's DNS service: the...

No Tutorial Data in Database
I have recently install MSCRM and installed the tutorial. I did not create any users in the CRM and had a number of users in Active Directory to choose from. When I installed the Adventure Works Cycle tutorial I received a non-descriptive error that the tutorial did not install properly. I have the structure of the tutorial in the CRM but none of the data in the CRM or SQL Server. I see the data in XML files on the disk. Is there a way to import the tutorial data from the XML files on the install disk? Do I need to reinstall the whole CRM package like it says when I try to re-run ...

Expandable data range for a chart
I import data from either web query or database query so that I can run more advanced reporting from Excel. The problem is that depending on the source data, the lists and data tables imported are of different sizes day to day. Is there a way to set my chart data sources to be expandable so as to fit the size of the imported data table? Thanks Yes, you can do this with named ranges. See Jon Peltier's article on dynamic charting: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicColumnChart1.html -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* &...

GAL is blank
The GAL is blank for users. User running in cached mode do have a list (probably an old list when things were working). We upgraded the Exchange 2000 STD server to Exchange 2003 STD SP2, but the problem still exists. In Exchange manager we can preview the lists. The server has been rebooted and the address lists are still blank for clients (using Outlook 2003 in non cached mode). I tried running the Exchange best practise analyzer, but it showed no errors. Any help would be great. Have you checked permissions? Given that you can see the results in ESM permissions seems like ...

Business closures for different sites
Hi, we have 3 sites located in Australia, Europe and the USA. Is it possible to define Business closures for each site independent? Thanx for any suggestion. Hi, Nope Business closures dates are global. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "DaCia" wrote: > Hi, > > we have 3 sites located in Australia, Europe and the USA. Is it possible to > define Business closures for each site independent? > > Thanx for any suggestion. "uMar Khan"...

Last Orders at the Free Speech Bar
Before the big red button is pressed to send this newsgroup into oblivion. Before the Pied Piper begins playing his tune to lead all to the forums. Before the rug of free speech is pulled from underneath the average Windows user. Before the Iranians get nuked for playing with a centrifuge and a bit of Uranium..... **NOW** is the time to ask those burning questions you've always wanted to ask but never dared before. Don't waste the opportunity. It could be your last .... -- Jon YOU ARE AN IDIOT! THE MICROSOFT NEWS GROUPS THAT WERE KILLED OFF THIS MON...

OWA and GAL
SBS2003 Premium. In OWA and a new message, when the CEO clicks on the "TO:" button he wants to see the GAL. Not that stupid find window. He would like to be able to select the names like it does in Outlook. Is there a setting somewhere or did Microsoft leave that feature up to 3rd parties? TIA! That functionality does not exist without third party add-ons or programming. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Jason" <griddatasecurity@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:010001c47a78$617ad2c0$3501280a@phx....

Encryption of Data in an Excel worksheet?
Can you encrypt sensititive data in an Excel worksheet? ...