Free/Busy Unavailable

Is it normal behavior for Outlook to display "Free/Busy information
unavailable" for a user whose mailbox calendar is completely blank?  We are
using a single instance of Exchange 2003 SP1 that was migrated from 5.5 over
a year ago and clients are Outlook XP and 2003.  Users complain they think
there is a problem when they see the cross-hatch lines when trying to
schedule a meeting with someone who has a newer mailbox.  When I
investigate, the only thing I can determine is that the user they are trying
to schedule with has no items in the calendar.

Thanks.
Glen

0
gdavisjr (16)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:58:41 -0400, "Glen Davis Jr."
<gdavisjr@poboxes.com> wrote:

>Is it normal behavior for Outlook to display "Free/Busy information
>unavailable" for a user whose mailbox calendar is completely blank?  We are
>using a single instance of Exchange 2003 SP1 that was migrated from 5.5 over
>a year ago and clients are Outlook XP and 2003.  Users complain they think
>there is a problem when they see the cross-hatch lines when trying to
>schedule a meeting with someone who has a newer mailbox.  When I
>investigate, the only thing I can determine is that the user they are trying
>to schedule with has no items in the calendar.
>
>Thanks.
>Glen

Yep. Create a test appointment if required to get rid of that for the
published months.I am assuming that you have already checked that
free/busy is set to publish some number of months.

0
adavid (8731)

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Running Hosting Business & Automatic Invoices
Hello, I'm running webhosting business, can I use Money for accounting & generating invoices automatically ?? Thank you ! ...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S´┐Żnia Carvalho ...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

Free e-books!
Hello all, I have update my e-books.. Please take a look: http://freebooks2007.blogspot.com ...

Default Free/Busy Calendar time
I put a GPO in a few months ago to change the default free/busy time in outlook so that some of the Administrative Assistants could schedule things on their boss's calendars up to 4 months in advance. Since the time change/DST this gpo has stopped working. Has anyone seen this? The users haven't moved OU's, they haven't been upgraded, the GPO hasn't changed. If I'm posting this in the wrong group can someone point me the right way? ...

Business Portal
When entering a Requistion, it would be nice to be able to see the GL Acct description when viewing the req., so we know the creator choose the correct acct. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Free Manual
Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for my specific query cheers Download Excel VBA Language Reference from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2204a62e-4877-4563-8e83-4848dda796e4&displaylang=en -- Jacob "rraw75" wrote: > Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for ...

Offline defrag with Eseutil.exe - Yes or No
I have an exchange 2003 server with 10% (6gb of 56) disk space left. This place has no quotas for mailboxes but I will put them in place. So far I have cleaned out an additional 6 gb of space. The exchange database files don't shrink I understand unless you offline defrag them but I don't think this is recommended unless absolutely needed. I see how the available space is reported in the event log which verifies the space I have cleaned out. I'm leaning on not doing an offline defrag as there is no other app running on this server. Do you think its safe to let this server ha...

Business Portal Query Problems
I installed Business Portal for a client some time last fall. Since that time, the site has not been used, but I know when I installed it, it worked fine. As of today, I can't seem to get anything to load correctly. For example, I go to the vendor list, and it says "Query found no results." I know that there are vendors. We have the Human Resources Self Service Suite installed, and I can see the employees, but when I click to see pay informaiton, I receive the message "Query found no results." Can you give me an idea of where to start to troubleshoot this is...

Free\Busy Time Setting
Hi I have set up a number of Rooms as Resources. When we Schedule a meeting, although the Resource is set up to Auto-Reply, the Meeting is booked in the Resource Diary, but does not Show up in a subsequent Meeting Schedule, as busy, for 15 minutes. I have set up the Resources to update every minute, but this does not seem to help. How do I change the Refresh on the Exchange Server. If I book another Meeting with the Resource, it adds the last meeting into the View Group Schedule list, but of course the Meeting I have just created waits another 15 minutes. Thanks Allan ...

Small Business -- Archive Email
I am looking for suggestions for archiving email. I work for an office with 7 uesrs. They are currently using hosted email, connecting through IMAP, which they access through Outlook. They want to be able to archive their old emails. What would be some suggestions for archiving the emails form the IMAP email server. I would like to hear suggestions for archiving where the user can readily have it available from a local server somehow and also permanent archive (I.E. burning PST's to a CD). Let me know if you would like some more information. Thanks. --Chris You could set auto-archiving ...

Insert for free your website
Insert for free your website in the new search engine Free Pass http://www.free-pass.org ...

Forcing Free/Busy to Free
This might sound like a silly question, but in Exch. 2003 is there a way to force a user's calendar as ALWAYS showing "Free" even when there is an event scheduled on that calendar? Essentially, what I am trying to do is to allow a resource calendar managed by AutoAccept to be able to double-book. Apparantly, the only way to do this is when AutoAccept sees the resource as being "Free", so that it will not automatically decline the meeting request. Thanks!! -sul@fiu.edu ...

Free Signup-Free Marketing Tools-Enormous Paychecks
We got 'em! Powerful secrets, tips, tools, and techniques for turning small businesses into BIG paychecks Listen to this audio: http://www.byoaudio.com/play/WpmTgFBk Go to my website and lock your position in now! http://www.watchthemoneyonline.com ...

Published Free & Busy Information inconsistent
Envirnonmet=Windows 2000 SP4, E2K SP3+Sept 2003 rolled up hotfix, Outlook 2000 SR1 clients. I have recently deployed a group policy to force OL clients to publish 12 months of Free&Busy data to our organization, all this seems fine and all 4000 clients have the setting set to 12 months and update every 15 minutes, we have 7 servers and replicate the public folder to all servers. The data that is visible in the client meeting request window pane is very inconsistent with very few actuall displaying the 12 mths, some have upto 6 mths and some only 2, i have observed that this varies at times...

Business Expenses reimbursment, How to account it ?
I've got Money 2001 Can anybody tell me how to account/treat Reimbursed Business Expenses ? This is the scenario I've got: I travel a lot and spend from my own check account and the company Credit Card as well; eventually deliver my expense account and get the refund from my employer directly to my checking account. How can I account this transaction (refund to my checking account) so it does not get mixed with my personal spending ? Thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=36. If you use good categories, you can weed this out from you own spending/income. It won't be ...

Money 2005 Free trial expired
My trial version of money 2005 international has expired. I am stuck offshore and need to purchase a license, is there a site that lets you purchase and download a licence online rather than buying physically from a shop? http://www.microsoft.com/money/order.aspx kip "ensco" <ensco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231DFD9E-9BDB-43D4-A231-8DD08C02ACC3@microsoft.com... > My trial version of money 2005 international has expired. I am stuck > offshore > and need to purchase a license, is there a site that lets you purchase and > download a lice...

Oulook Business Manager
Hi Guys I have been running Outlook 2003 and it works well, I then loaded the Business Manager and now I sometimes get Business Manager to run and other times it is just Outlook PLEASE HELP ...

Free Credit Report and Free Credit Score
Free Credit Report and Free Credit Score View your Free Credit Report and Free Credit Score Online Instantly. http://creditreport.mzs-inc.com ...