Free/Busy Permissions #2

When a user running Outlook XP or 2003 schedules a meeting and views other
user's (invitee's) free/busy information - I would like for them to be able
to hover their mouse over the invitee's meeting (blue box) and read the
details of the meeting.

I understand that by default user's calendars are not publically viewable
and I am aware that users can go to the properties of their calendar and
change the default client permission to editor or reviewer.  What I'm looking
for is a global way to set this permission for an Exchange Organization,
Administrative Group, etc..  For example, if I want all members of my IT
group to have the ability to mouse-over and view the contents of free/busy
info for any user in my organization - can a permission be set from ESM or AD
that would be equivilant to going into every single user and adding that
group as an Editor in the calendar client permission?
0
ScottM1326 (17)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:43:02 -0700, Scott_M
<ScottM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When a user running Outlook XP or 2003 schedules a meeting and views other
>user's (invitee's) free/busy information - I would like for them to be able
>to hover their mouse over the invitee's meeting (blue box) and read the
>details of the meeting.
>
>I understand that by default user's calendars are not publically viewable
>and I am aware that users can go to the properties of their calendar and
>change the default client permission to editor or reviewer.  What I'm looking
>for is a global way to set this permission for an Exchange Organization,
>Administrative Group, etc..  For example, if I want all members of my IT
>group to have the ability to mouse-over and view the contents of free/busy
>info for any user in my organization - can a permission be set from ESM or AD
>that would be equivilant to going into every single user and adding that
>group as an Editor in the calendar client permission?

Try pfdavadmin
0
adavid (8731)

Xml2PDF version 2.4 is released
Altsoft Xml2PDF version 2.4 November 2, 2005 Altsoft NV Altsoft NV is proud to announce the immediate availability of the new version of it Xml2PDF formatting engine. New XSL-FO features are: - inside and outside floats; - extension for creating PDF layers based on z-indexes; - extension for adding files as an attachment to PDF document; - extension for adding PDF document properties; - bug fixes and performance tuning; New SVG features are: - text paths; - extension for adding files as an attachment to PDF document; - extension for adding PDF document properties; - bug fixes and performan...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

VC++ #2
At present I have no messages for you ,but I have a query that is disturbing me a lot. 1.Why we should use Vc++ enviornment instead of visual basic . a.Since VB does the same thing that VC++ does and does it with less complexity. 2.Is API programming is better than MFC or WE should concentrate more on MFC then API. (1) One very convincing reason should be that VB as it existed during the VB6 days is now obsolete. MS will not release further versions of the VB6 language/compiler. VB.NET is the successor but it's aimed for .NET and not at native app development. (2) MFC is a thin wra...

excel database and permissions
I have to export an excel list of suppliers into the database. This a brand new install...how do I do this.. also can I set up cashiers with certain permissions? Like one have no permission to do anything but cash...to someone having certain permissions to full permission. I am on time limit..I tried searching for it but took too long.. thanks Angelique - if you have access to Customersource download the QSCimp.exe import utility. If you don't, engage an RMS certified partner for this service - they will do it fairly quickly and should not charge you too much. If none of these...

Net Send #2
Hello, I have created a userform in excel that allows a user to send a "Net Send" message to other users on the network. To allow multi-sending I have created a loop statment that repeat's the command the appropriate number of times depending on the user group select. This work's fine but is fairly untidy as it results in numerous CMD boxes appearing on the task bar while it loops. To resolve this I would like re-program to userform to create a batch to send the message to the users, how can i do this as I have little to no experience with batch files Thanks Thi...

error in excel #2
I when I try to open document in excel I keep getting a "cannot use object linking and embedding" error and I can't open the program. Any suggestions? Did this just start happening? If yes, were you hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) Je...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Running Hosting Business & Automatic Invoices
Hello, I'm running webhosting business, can I use Money for accounting & generating invoices automatically ?? Thank you ! ...

IIS Lockdown #2
Hello everyone. I'm running Exchange 2000 on windows server 2000. Is it safe to run the IIS Lockdown tool on a running server? Will it take away my antivirus administration site? Has anyone been thru this? Thanks in advance for any help. David IIS lockdown is fine, I recommend using it. It is very easy to revers the lockdown allowing you to test your configuration "David Zambrano" <dzambranot@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message news:uh$q$juLEHA.340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone. > I'm running Exchange 2000 on windows server 2000. Is it safe to run th...

How do you sort 2 date fields in assending order (query or report)
I have 2 DOB fields (client and spouse) in a table that I currently print off the birth month and call them on their b-day. I really wish I could figure out how to get them to print/display in assending order of date (ie: 11/1 followed by 11/2) even if the spouse is before the client. Is this possible without having to do a bunch of programming? Thanks! Yep. Use a calculated field like this -- DOB_Sort: IIF([Client_DOB]<[Spouse_DOB], [Client_DOB], [Spouse_DOB]) -- Build a little, test a little. "KnowEnough2BDangerous" wrote: > I have 2 DOB fiel...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

CountIF on 2 arguments
How do you COUNTIF on 2 arguments. ie I want to count the number of values "x" in column A only if column B's value = "y". I have seen many ref to SUMPRODUCT but I am not counting numbers. Thanks in advance for any assistance. David Maddern Hi no problem using SUMPRODUCT. Try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="x")*(B1:B100="y")) or =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="x"),--(B1:B100="y")) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany david.maddern@uhsinc.com wrote: > How do you COUNTIF on 2 arguments. ie I want to count the > number of value...

Money ? #2
I've had Microsoft Money for years, well, starting from Money 98. My problem is that I had all my investments (no hard copy) in what must have been an updated version of Money 98 on a system that crashed. That's okay because I had a back up of my Money File. However, the only disk I can find for Money, is my original Money 98, but this must be an earlier version of the program than my last update, so it won't open it. Fine, I thought, I've downloaded the trial version of Money 2004, thinking I'll simply pay to go to an updated program. However, this won't recognise my ...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Converter #2
How can I open a Publisher 2000 version 6.0 document in XP? As long as you are talking about Publisher 2002, you don't need to do anything except open it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jkingym" <jkingym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367D7249-0707-4AFC-9AEA-46864A508715@microsoft.com... > How can I open a Publisher 2000 version 6.0 document in XP? > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > As long as you are talking about Publisher 2002, you don't need to do > anything except open it. > > -- > ...

Numbers #2
I am using Office 2003 and am trying to do an expense sheet for a new business .I am doing a sheet for each month and need to put numbers in first column for each day 1-30 and 1-31. I have used Excel in the past and remember highlighting the first three numbers and dragging the rest to complete but it's not working. HELP -- sleepydee You're close. Instead of dragging by clicking on the cell's outline, click on the little black square at the bottom right corner of the outline. Szalapski -- TommySzalapski ---------------------------------------------------------------...

new version #2
I have 2 computers in 2 locations. I installed Publisher 2003 on one computer but the other still has Pub 2000. I had always been able to move files back and forth by cd but now 2000 will not open files from 2003. Is there anything to do to remedy this? Is paying for another program my only option? In news:007d01c49372$26c13e90$a401280a@phx.gbl, Trich <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: || I have 2 computers in 2 locations. I installed Publisher || 2003 on one computer but the other still has Pub 2000. I || had always been able to move files back and forth by cd || ...

csv import #2
I am trying to import the following csv file into a waiting worksheet with formulas. Ideally I would like the 3rd entry in the first line (1601) to be shown in every record as its own field. Any ideas anyone? R,5499 ,1601 ,N,H,22/10/2003,22/10/2003 10:00 L, ,T07 ,307,6 ,4 , L, ,T14 ,200,8 ,6 , L, ,T17 ,302,4 ,4 , L, ,T18 ,201,25 ,24 , L, ,T25 ,107,6 ,6 , L, ,T28 ,203,18 ,13 , L, ,T30 ,204,33 ,25...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S´┐Żnia Carvalho ...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

merged cells #2
hello, is there a way to merge cells without losing the data in each individual cell? i have a formula that i want to drag across into other cells. however one of the cells i am referring to is a merge of two cells in the same row (A1 and B1 have been merged and the data is now in A1). weirdly the formula still refers to the cell B1 even though I cannot access it. i either want the formula refer to A1, C1,E1 etc as I drag & paste OR I want o be able to store data in 2 parts of a merged cell. any ideas? ellebelle is there a way to merge cells without losing the data in each indi...

unable to bind to the destination server in DNS #2
Hello, I have some messages in the Exchange Queues, The detail indicates it unable to bind to the destination server in DNS. it's keep trying. what's the problem? How to fix it? Thanks... dns problem there is a message in the queue to go to xyz.com and it can't get an mx record for xyz.com try doing an nslookup on that domain name "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23ok$gIrkFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have some messages in the Exchange Queues, The detail indicates it > unable to bind to the destination server...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

Free e-books!
Hello all, I have update my e-books.. Please take a look: http://freebooks2007.blogspot.com ...