Free/Busy not available after upgrading to Exchange 2003

After we successfully migrated the users to the new
exchange server 2003, we find a new problem.  User cannot
see the free/busy when scheduling meeting in the calendar.

I suspect this a replication issue.  Any help will be
much appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
Event ID: 8207

Error updating public folder with free-busy information
on virtual machine MXGBL2. The error number is
0x80004005.

For more information, click

-KHY

Exchange 2000 SP3 Server has been hijacked
HI All: Your help is desperately needed. Last week our exchange 2k server became very slow. I found system.exe virus and removed it. Every thing worked fine for few days and now we have 18000 messages waiting for directory lookup by oversees companies. I have applied all patches. I have scanned Windows 2000 server. I have Updated Sysmantec 2.0 and mail security 5.0. None of this has helped. i have changed server password 3 times and still no help. Oue Tape backup is in for service and I use to backup entire exchange directory to a different hardisk. I cannot do that now. The system wai...

Retrieve POP3 from Exchange 2003?
I have exchange 2003 standard. Currently have the individual Outlook clients retrieving their own POP3 mail from our ISP. Is there a way to have the Exchange server do this for them? I'm asking because the Outlook client has to be active in order to check the mail, but I have a few people who go out in the field and don't turn on their computers in the office... so they can check mail via the Outlook web access, but it will only show them the internally sent mails.. not any that are on their ISP account. Any ideas? I am planning on bringing all our e-mail in house, but haven't fi...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Outlook 2003 Attachment Line?
How do I get the attachment line back? After installing Outlook 2003 all attchments go into the body of the message instead of the attachment line such as in Outlook 2002. Any help would be helpful. The message format decides where the attachment is placed. Using Rich Text Format places the attachment in the body of the message. Using plain text or HTML will place the attachment in a separate window. Tools->Options->Mail Format tab is where you can set your message format. >-----Original Message----- >How do I get the attachment line back? After installing >Outlook...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Running Hosting Business & Automatic Invoices
Hello, I'm running webhosting business, can I use Money for accounting & generating invoices automatically ?? Thank you ! ...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

2003 Front-End in a 2000 Environment
I have a 2000 AD (native) environment with exchange 2K enterprise running quite well. Clients are content using OWA in its present form, but have expressed an interest in _more_ useability. I would like to implement OWA 2k3 for it's functionality and improvements. I took some training on Exchange 2003 a while back, but i'm unclear on the following: 1: can Ex 2k3 install on a Win 2K Server? 2: how well does it run? 3: can I install a Win2k3 \ Exch 2k3 server into a native 2000 environment? 4: Any issues with this? Are there any issues with running EXCH 2k3 up front, with E...

Outlook 2003 Notes
Help! I cannot sort Outlook 2003 notes by category. Why does categories exist for notes and I cannot sort them. Thanks ...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

What ports does Outlook 2003 use to access an exchange server?
We have a remote site that wants to connect to one of our exchange 2000 servers through a firewall. What ports do they need to open? Thanks, -Jeff Jeff Green <JeffGreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a remote site that wants to connect to one of our exchange > 2000 servers through a firewall. What ports do they need to open? You want a VPN for this. Opening the firewall ports isn't a good idea. -- Brian Tillman Thanks Brian, But we already have a tunnel between the two sites. This is a different company and they want to restrict network traffic with a fi...

Sending mail between Exhange 2000 and 2003 in same domain and exchange organisation.
I have one Active Directory 2000 domain with one Exchange 2000 server. I want to migrate to Exchange 2003 and installed a second Exchange 2003 server. I did the install in the following order. 1. Forrest and domain prep. for Exchange 20003 2. Installed a second Exchange 2003 Ent. server (in addition to the old Exchange 2000 Ent. server.) 3. Forrest and domain prep for Windows 2003 server (I still have 2000 domain controllers) 4. Got the Exchange organisation into native mode. The problem is that I can't get the mail trough between the Exchange servers. I tought this should work without...

Lost all contacts in outlook 2003
When i tried to sync my I-Paq 3850 to my outlook somehow it deleted all of my contacts on my computer and i-paq. Is there any way to restore these contacts without a backup? Please Help! Paul A <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When i tried to sync my I-Paq 3850 to my outlook somehow > it deleted all of my contacts on my computer and i-paq. > Is there any way to restore these contacts without a > backup? Sure. Type them all in again. Did you look in your Deleted Items folder? I don't hold out a lot of hope for finding them there, but it's worth a ...

Set table name dynamically for CR 11 in VB.Net 2003
I posted this question earlier today. It showed up but has disappeared now. I have the following code in VB.Net 2003 for CR XI; I would like to set the table name for the report in VB.Net code. All tables would have the exact same structure. With crConnectionInfo .ServerName = MyServer .DatabaseName = MyDatabase .UserID = MyID .Password = MyPWD End With Dim MyTable As String if s=1 then MyTable = TableA else MyTable = TableB end if CrTables = sReportName.Database.Tables For Each CrTable I...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Exchange 2003 Usermail box limits
Does anyone know a simple way to check the size of a users mailbox that is on a Exchange 2003 server using a script or extending the active directory schema to display the information? Dan: There is a good blog posting on using WMI and VBScript. http://blogs.brnets.com/michael/archive/2004/07/26/181.aspx HTH, Jim McBee Web - http://www.somorita.com Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "Dan Deane" <dan@rocket.dyndns.org> wrote in message news:fc540471.0409201649.3833c001@posting.google.com... > Does anyone know a simple way to check the size of a users mailbo...

DON'T UPGRADE!!
What a mess! After upgrading to 2005 all my personal accounts have basically been trashed as a result of 2005 importing my business account checks into my personal records (about $12,000.00 worth of "unassigned" expenses this month). Multiple crashes of app when logging on to MSN and several other issues. MS has said they are aware of problem(s) and would contact me with resolution (that was two weeks ago). I feel like a Beta tester, except that I PAID for this Gates catastrophe! Hopefully you backed up your data file before you upgraded. I'm sorry but I have zero s...

SPAM email not work after upgrade to 2003
Dear all: I upgrade Office2003 from OfficeXP, however, the 2003's SPAM filter function not work, and I'm sure this function was enabled on my Office2003. But if I install a new os on other PC and install Office2003, then SPAM email function is work. So did I miss some upgrade step?? Many thanks for your help! Remember: Outlook Mailbox Caching feature must be enabled to be able to use higher Spam settings in Outlook2003. OfficeXP did not have the local caching feature, so when you upgrade it probably doesn't enable it. Thus, your Spam filtering won't work. >-----Orig...

How to screen a specific users outbound emails
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I need to find a solution that enables me to screen a specific users outbound emails, preferably before they leave the exchange server destined to the recepient to prevent confidential info leakage. The user must not be able to detect that this is going on. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks, Peter Mueller On 21 Oct 2005 07:34:18 -0700, pmueller@rogers.com wrote: >Hello all, >I am running exchange 2003 and I need to find a solution that enables >me to screen a specific users outbound emails, preferably before they >leave the...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

Exchange 5.5 OWA
I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with OWA on Exch 5.5 SP4. Using Outlook 2000 email works as expected. With OWA (IE6) the users can log into their mailboxes and can see all of their email headers. When they open any email, the message body text is not shown. The text does show up only if you reply or forward the message. Multiple users are having this problem and I can replicate it on any machine. I was able to temporarily fix the problem yesterday by running Outlook.exe /CleanViews /CleanReminders /ResetFolders but the problem has surfaced again and this isn't worki...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S´┐Żnia Carvalho ...

Make a Word template available in a public folder
Is there any way to make a Word template available in a public folder, so remote users can access the template when offline? Shannon Yes, and no. Users will have access to the template, but when they open it, they'll be opening the .dot file itself, not creating a new .doc file with it. If you want to go this route, be sure to make the folder read-only, so users will be forced to save the newly created file to their system, rather than overwrite the .dot in the folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power...

Couple of issues with contracts after upgrade
Hi! We have a couple of "why's" after upgrading to 4.0. In 3.0 we had a contract template using time allotment. When creating contracts based on it, the initial allotments field was recommended, not required. In 4.0 the field is required in both templates. Is there some new setting on the template to decide whether the field is required? Another thing is that in 3.0 the customers mailing and visiting address was possible to select and map to the contract, now it seems only "more addresses" are possible to automatically insert in the contract. Seems a bit weird ...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...