Free / Busy information after migration to 2003

I've migrated several users to Exchange 2003 over the weekend as part of a
pilot.  Everything seems fine with the move.   However, i noticed that when i
try to schedule a meeting and invite others from the GAL, I cannot see their
schedule.  Their calendar is just the squiggly lines.  Can someone tell me
what this could be? We're running Exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Cluster,
with a native Windows 2003 AD environment.  Also, we're using Outlook 2003
client.

Please help!

Thanks.

0
Ed4190 (308)

How did you migrate these users?
If the user creates an appt, does their schedule now show?
How many free/busy months are they publishing in Outlook?

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:06 -0800, "Ed"
<Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've migrated several users to Exchange 2003 over the weekend as part of a
>pilot.  Everything seems fine with the move.   However, i noticed that when i
>try to schedule a meeting and invite others from the GAL, I cannot see their
>schedule.  Their calendar is just the squiggly lines.  Can someone tell me
>what this could be? We're running Exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Cluster,
>with a native Windows 2003 AD environment.  Also, we're using Outlook 2003
>client.
>
>Please help!
>
>Thanks.

0
adavid (8731)
1/11/2005 12:56:16 AM
I migrated using the ADUC mailbox move wizard which is the only way i know
how to do it.  All of the users that were moved had items in their calendar.
And when i simply added a calendar item, it still didn't enumerate even after
a couple of hours.  We're publishing about 4 months of F/B  information.
Does it have something to do with replicating data from the old exchange box?

Oh, users that are still on Exchange 2000 are able to see my calendar items
when they invite me to a meeting.

-baffled

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> How did you migrate these users?
> If the user creates an appt, does their schedule now show?
> How many free/busy months are they publishing in Outlook?
>

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:06 -0800, "Ed"
> <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I've migrated several users to Exchange 2003 over the weekend as part of a
> >pilot.  Everything seems fine with the move.   However, i noticed that when i
> >try to schedule a meeting and invite others from the GAL, I cannot see their
> >schedule.  Their calendar is just the squiggly lines.  Can someone tell me
> >what this could be? We're running Exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Cluster,
> >with a native Windows 2003 AD environment.  Also, we're using Outlook 2003
> >client.
> >
> >Please help!
> >
> >Thanks.

0
Ed4190 (308)
1/12/2005 11:09:01 PM
Have you created replicas on the Exch 2003 server?

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:09:01 -0800, "Ed"
<Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I migrated using the ADUC mailbox move wizard which is the only way i know
>how to do it.  All of the users that were moved had items in their calendar.
>And when i simply added a calendar item, it still didn't enumerate even after
>a couple of hours.  We're publishing about 4 months of F/B  information.
>Does it have something to do with replicating data from the old exchange box?
>
>Oh, users that are still on Exchange 2000 are able to see my calendar items
>when they invite me to a meeting.
>
>-baffled
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> How did you migrate these users?
>> If the user creates an appt, does their schedule now show?
>> How many free/busy months are they publishing in Outlook?
>>

>> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:06 -0800, "Ed"
>> <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I've migrated several users to Exchange 2003 over the weekend as part of a
>> >pilot.  Everything seems fine with the move.   However, i noticed that when i
>> >try to schedule a meeting and invite others from the GAL, I cannot see their
>> >schedule.  Their calendar is just the squiggly lines.  Can someone tell me
>> >what this could be? We're running Exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Cluster,
>> >with a native Windows 2003 AD environment.  Also, we're using Outlook 2003
>> >client.
>> >
>> >Please help!
>> >
>> >Thanks.

0
adavid (8731)

How can I export emails and retain the date received information
I've purchased a new computer and I a am going to export all of emails to a file for importing to outlook on my new computer. This is a snap except that I loosed the date received information. How can I retain the date received for sorting emails? You can't. That's one of many reasons why no one would use export for this. Just open your Outlook data file in the new installation and copy what you want from it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnny Ringo" <Johnny Ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA7A3635-EFA6-4E0B-A80E-B83F8E519EDD@mi...

Retrieve POP3 from Exchange 2003?
I have exchange 2003 standard. Currently have the individual Outlook clients retrieving their own POP3 mail from our ISP. Is there a way to have the Exchange server do this for them? I'm asking because the Outlook client has to be active in order to check the mail, but I have a few people who go out in the field and don't turn on their computers in the office... so they can check mail via the Outlook web access, but it will only show them the internally sent mails.. not any that are on their ISP account. Any ideas? I am planning on bringing all our e-mail in house, but haven't fi...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Outlook 2003 Attachment Line?
How do I get the attachment line back? After installing Outlook 2003 all attchments go into the body of the message instead of the attachment line such as in Outlook 2002. Any help would be helpful. The message format decides where the attachment is placed. Using Rich Text Format places the attachment in the body of the message. Using plain text or HTML will place the attachment in a separate window. Tools->Options->Mail Format tab is where you can set your message format. >-----Original Message----- >How do I get the attachment line back? After installing >Outlook...

Finding Table and Field Information in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Finding Table and Field Information in Microsoft Dynamics GP By David Musgrave To get information about tables and fields in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you can use any of the following 10 methods: 1. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP window that contains the data you are interested in, and then select Tools -> Integrate -> Table Import to see the tables associated with the Dexterity Form. 2. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP window that contains the data you are interested in, and then select Tools -> Customise -> Customise Current Window. Once you’re in Modifier Layout mode, look...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Running Hosting Business & Automatic Invoices
Hello, I'm running webhosting business, can I use Money for accounting & generating invoices automatically ?? Thank you ! ...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

Set table name dynamically for CR 11 in VB.Net 2003
I posted this question earlier today. It showed up but has disappeared now. I have the following code in VB.Net 2003 for CR XI; I would like to set the table name for the report in VB.Net code. All tables would have the exact same structure. With crConnectionInfo .ServerName = MyServer .DatabaseName = MyDatabase .UserID = MyID .Password = MyPWD End With Dim MyTable As String if s=1 then MyTable = TableA else MyTable = TableB end if CrTables = sReportName.Database.Tables For Each CrTable I...

Sending mail between Exhange 2000 and 2003 in same domain and exchange organisation.
I have one Active Directory 2000 domain with one Exchange 2000 server. I want to migrate to Exchange 2003 and installed a second Exchange 2003 server. I did the install in the following order. 1. Forrest and domain prep. for Exchange 20003 2. Installed a second Exchange 2003 Ent. server (in addition to the old Exchange 2000 Ent. server.) 3. Forrest and domain prep for Windows 2003 server (I still have 2000 domain controllers) 4. Got the Exchange organisation into native mode. The problem is that I can't get the mail trough between the Exchange servers. I tought this should work without...

Exchange 2003 Usermail box limits
Does anyone know a simple way to check the size of a users mailbox that is on a Exchange 2003 server using a script or extending the active directory schema to display the information? Dan: There is a good blog posting on using WMI and VBScript. http://blogs.brnets.com/michael/archive/2004/07/26/181.aspx HTH, Jim McBee Web - http://www.somorita.com Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "Dan Deane" <dan@rocket.dyndns.org> wrote in message news:fc540471.0409201649.3833c001@posting.google.com... > Does anyone know a simple way to check the size of a users mailbo...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Lost all contacts in outlook 2003
When i tried to sync my I-Paq 3850 to my outlook somehow it deleted all of my contacts on my computer and i-paq. Is there any way to restore these contacts without a backup? Please Help! Paul A <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When i tried to sync my I-Paq 3850 to my outlook somehow > it deleted all of my contacts on my computer and i-paq. > Is there any way to restore these contacts without a > backup? Sure. Type them all in again. Did you look in your Deleted Items folder? I don't hold out a lot of hope for finding them there, but it's worth a ...

What ports does Outlook 2003 use to access an exchange server?
We have a remote site that wants to connect to one of our exchange 2000 servers through a firewall. What ports do they need to open? Thanks, -Jeff Jeff Green <JeffGreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a remote site that wants to connect to one of our exchange > 2000 servers through a firewall. What ports do they need to open? You want a VPN for this. Opening the firewall ports isn't a good idea. -- Brian Tillman Thanks Brian, But we already have a tunnel between the two sites. This is a different company and they want to restrict network traffic with a fi...

2003 Front-End in a 2000 Environment
I have a 2000 AD (native) environment with exchange 2K enterprise running quite well. Clients are content using OWA in its present form, but have expressed an interest in _more_ useability. I would like to implement OWA 2k3 for it's functionality and improvements. I took some training on Exchange 2003 a while back, but i'm unclear on the following: 1: can Ex 2k3 install on a Win 2K Server? 2: how well does it run? 3: can I install a Win2k3 \ Exch 2k3 server into a native 2000 environment? 4: Any issues with this? Are there any issues with running EXCH 2k3 up front, with E...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Outlook 2003 Notes
Help! I cannot sort Outlook 2003 notes by category. Why does categories exist for notes and I cannot sort them. Thanks ...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S�nia Carvalho ...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

How do I copy multiple pages in Publisher 2003?
I want to add several pages from one Publisher file to another. How can I do this without having to cut and paste every page? You could open the Office Clipboard from edit. It can collect 24 items, it will make the process quicker. Are the pages consecutive? If not, delete the pages you don't need and try this: It is not for the faint of heart http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hector26gn" <Hector26gn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Free e-books!
Hello all, I have update my e-books.. Please take a look: http://freebooks2007.blogspot.com ...

Default Free/Busy Calendar time
I put a GPO in a few months ago to change the default free/busy time in outlook so that some of the Administrative Assistants could schedule things on their boss's calendars up to 4 months in advance. Since the time change/DST this gpo has stopped working. Has anyone seen this? The users haven't moved OU's, they haven't been upgraded, the GPO hasn't changed. If I'm posting this in the wrong group can someone point me the right way? ...

Business Portal
When entering a Requistion, it would be nice to be able to see the GL Acct description when viewing the req., so we know the creator choose the correct acct. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Migrar a Exchange 2003
Alguien me puede informar la mejor manera de migrar exch2000 a exch 2003, teniendo en cuenta que es win2000 con Exch 2000 en Ingles y lo migraria a win2003 con exch 2003 en espa�ol. Gracias ...