Free/Busy Errors

We recently migrated Exchange servers from an Exchange 2000 server to
Exchange 2003.  Everything was going great until I brought the old Exchange
2000 server offline.  It appears there are a few additional hidden locations
that have the origional server as master.  I have changed the recepient
update service and other obvious areas.  But my clients are getting an error,
"Unable to update public free/busy data.  The contents of the this public
folder are currently unabailable."

I get three events in the event viewer:
MSExchangeSA  9335
OALGen encountered error 8004010f while cleaning the offline address list
public folders under ...  Please make sure the public folder store is mounted
and replicas exist of the offline address list folders.  No offline address
lists have been generated.  Please check the event log for more information.
-Default Offlien Address List."
Yes I checked and the public folder store is mounted.  Users are able to
access the public folders in Outlook.

MSExchangeSA  9333
OALGen encountered error 80004005 while opening hte base offline address
list public folder.  Please make sure that a public folder replica exists.

MSExchangeFBPublish  8207
Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine
MAIL.  The error number is 0x80004005.

I searched and found two Q articles that I thought would be helpful.  I
performed all the steps in Q284200 and that didn't resolve the problem.  I
also found Q822444 and wasn't sure if this would resolve the problem or if
I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks for any help.

0
Ostrowski (1)

Have you resolved this issue, I am having a very similar problem, at least
the event logs are the same ?
0
Johnny (25)

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Running Hosting Business & Automatic Invoices
Hello, I'm running webhosting business, can I use Money for accounting & generating invoices automatically ?? Thank you ! ...

Error message when i open a link in Outlook
Whenever i try to open a web link in outlook (2003) i get the following message "this opertaion has been cancelled due to restictions in effect on this computer" Please contact your system administrator" If anyone have every seen this please let me know a resolution thank you http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "Brownie" <Brownie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D1A77A1-064C-4EA2-934C-DA3B0EA72775@microsoft.com... > Whenever i try to open a web link in outlook (2003) i get the following > message > &qu...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)'
I have a tree list control I want to populate with Categories based on a Client. The client number is input into a text box & then the update event populates the tree based on the selection. I get a syntax error when it tries to open the recordset based on the SQL. Two tables are invloved (Client & Categories; in a 1-to-many relationship on pID field). Here'e the code: Dim rstCategory As New ADODB.recordset, rstComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim rstSubComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim tvwTree As Object Dim nodX As Node Dim I As Integer Dim blnAllRecs As B...

CRM Outlook error
We are getting errors in the CRM Outlook client that seems to indicate that the user cannot authenticate with the web server. Tracking e-mails works OK, but when the user clicks "Regarding" to assign the email to an account (not the contact it was sent to), a "red-x" CRM error page comes up that says "An error has occured". The event log has errors that indicate a bad username and password. Loading CRM from IE works fine - no login box comes up. I have had her clear all passwords and clear the IE cache, but the error still shows up. It apparently start...

Out of Memory Error, Error Handling!
Hi, Note1: I currently have a macro that accesses thousands of rows of data in a particular worksheet of the same workbook & generates a summary. Hence, i want to check if there is sufficient memory space (that the m/c would not hang) and then continue to the next line of code. I am checking for "err.number <> 0" at specific points to determine if it is ok to continue and also using "application.cutcopymode = false" where ever applicable. Have i missed out on anything? Is there a specific error number for "out of memory" or something ? Further,...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Error Message in Outlook #8
Hi I have a user that is experiencing issues with his outlook. on opening his outlook he gets: 'The data file Personal Folders' was not closed properly' the file is being checked for problems' It takes approx 10- 15 mins to do the check every day He does check that outlook has closed down properly every evening (task manager) and it does he is using Windows 2000 SP4 With Office XP Small Business any idea's ? thanks Ria What anti-virus software are you using? What version of Outlook are you using? Does he have any add-ins installed in Outlook? -- -Ben- Ben M. S...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S´┐Żnia Carvalho ...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

SOP Window Error
I have updated my system to SP2 but getting an odd error with the SOP transaction entry window. If a user opens the window, but then closes it again without doing anything, an error is popping up saying "An error occurred execting update statements" I think it may be related to some security, but I don't where where as it only happens to some users. Has anyone seen this? Hits -- I found the problem running a trace. Tables SVC00660 and SVC00661 had no permissions at all, and I added them for Dyngroup. Hitesh Varsani wrote: > I have updated my system to SP2 but getting...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

KB976098 won't install. Error code 800F0900, unknown error
Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. "Tgray" wrote: > Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install > with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. I use Windows 7, 64 bit version. Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I ...

Free e-books!
Hello all, I have update my e-books.. Please take a look: http://freebooks2007.blogspot.com ...

Default Free/Busy Calendar time
I put a GPO in a few months ago to change the default free/busy time in outlook so that some of the Administrative Assistants could schedule things on their boss's calendars up to 4 months in advance. Since the time change/DST this gpo has stopped working. Has anyone seen this? The users haven't moved OU's, they haven't been upgraded, the GPO hasn't changed. If I'm posting this in the wrong group can someone point me the right way? ...

Business Portal
When entering a Requistion, it would be nice to be able to see the GL Acct description when viewing the req., so we know the creator choose the correct acct. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Free Manual
Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for my specific query cheers Download Excel VBA Language Reference from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2204a62e-4877-4563-8e83-4848dda796e4&displaylang=en -- Jacob "rraw75" wrote: > Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for ...

Error code 2293 using windows live email
Hi I have recently installed windows live email and have Windows 7. I have a Access 2003 database of club members. I can no longer email members by clicking on a button. The button runs the following code: Private Sub btnEMail_Click() Dim vMessage As String On Error GoTo ErrorCode vMessage = Nz(DLookup("EMailSubject", "tblPersonal")) DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , EMail, , , vMessage, , True AddHistoryRecord MembersNo, "E-Mail Sent :- (" & vMessage & ")" 'add histo...

Offline defrag with Eseutil.exe - Yes or No
I have an exchange 2003 server with 10% (6gb of 56) disk space left. This place has no quotas for mailboxes but I will put them in place. So far I have cleaned out an additional 6 gb of space. The exchange database files don't shrink I understand unless you offline defrag them but I don't think this is recommended unless absolutely needed. I see how the available space is reported in the event log which verifies the space I have cleaned out. I'm leaning on not doing an offline defrag as there is no other app running on this server. Do you think its safe to let this server ha...

Error Messages #4
I am running Win XP Home and Office 2007 I am getting two error messages the first when I open an Excel file Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module: AutoExrcNew and the second when I close the file Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module: DistMon What can I do to correct this ? Thanks Double Tap http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307410/en-us "You receive a "Compile error in hidden module" error message when you start Word or Excel" '--- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html (30 different ways to s...

Outlook error 0x8004011D while trying to connect with Exchange Acc
Help! I purchased Office 2007 Small Business. I work with an office Exchange account. My pop account works fine. I can not connect to the Exchange server. Message 0x8004011D keeps coming up -- Cheryl Which version of Exchange are you trying to connect to? Is this Exchange server located on your own network or are you trying to access it remotely? The error usually is caused by having DNS issues with trying to resolve the location of the Exchange server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FA...

PM Transaction continuing error message
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...